Yes, YES THE PATRIOTS LOSE!! YES!!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
YES!!

God, this feels amazing. I was getting so sick and tired of all the fans, prognosticators and pundits claiming how this was the team of destiny. I have never been happier for a single event in my entire life, and I don't feel one bit ashamed about this post. I listened ALL WEEK as nobody gave the Giants a chance, and as people rode Brady like a golden boy. He had an unspectacular game, and the Patriots' season is worth ZERO!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I love this!!!!!!!!!!hahahaha

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm reveling right now! I'll have a more intellectual post tomorrow, but for now I'm lost in the emotion.

I think each and every New England fan deserves this, as they have been unbelievably talkative this year and rightfully so.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
18 and 1 ain't much fun when you choke, Holla

:bruce3:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Sorry T1(Trauma1) but WOOOO!!!!
You had to know since Jacksonvilles my team i had to pull for NY. Not the best looking team ever but today they came and played.
Strahan deserved this and wanted it bad too after 15 years in the league.

Congrats. And NE fans, you have plenty to hold on too anyway.

WOOOOO!!!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
The only reason I like to see these guys lose is because it means they're still 2 rings behind the Steelers :D

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I have never been happier for a single event in my entire life, and I don't feel one bit ashamed about this post.
Honestly, you should be. From a third-person standpoint on the game, I can see how it is a huge upset. However, to drop to that level of pessimism honestly shocks me. The football season is not a total waste - it goes to show to all teams that no one will ever be unbeatable. 19-0 is possible, but the term "perfect" was thrown around FAR too much. What people have been claiming from the very beginning is so true... an effective rush on Brady renders the offense near useless.

The Patriots are still without a doubt one of the most amazing teams ever to take the field. Unfallable, no, not by a long shot. Still amazing though without a doubt. The season is an UTTER DISSAPOINTMENT with this cap, but it is not a total failure. They will forever be remembered for this season.

If you play like that however, you don't deserve to win the game. I feel bad for Patriots fans, as I know they can play so much better than that. GREAT game to watch however, and props to the Giants to throwing together the masterpiece that took the win.

Big Dane

Big Dane

Awards
Where are all of the "Brady is the best ever" fans from the other thread? He looked like crap.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Destiny is a king with no crown... Ha-Ha-Ha!

To all the Boston fans - I am laughing at you while you make excuses - I am laughing at you for putting dumb sayings in your SIGS... Ha-Ha-Ha!

Gooooooo Giants!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Giants won at the last minute. It didn't phase me. It was a pretty good game, though. It definitely had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire time.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where are all of the "Brady is the best ever" fans from the other thread? He looked like crap.
I'm gonna admit that I like the Pats more than I do the Giants, but Brady did so horrible tonight. He was getting sticky fingers. He'd fake left and right, and would try giving up the ball at the last minute. The Giants played very good defense tonight, that's for sure.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taking your team down the field with 4 minutes to play to take the lead is crap?

Dude, put the pipe down.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Modern society...a lot of hate :)

Tis sad.
I know... it still disturbes me. I honestly think they enjoy watching OTHERS lose, more than their OWN TEAM winning. It says a lot about character...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Modern society...a lot of hate :)

Tis sad.
And a lot of NE fans who are learning a valuable lesson in humility and hindsight tonight, one which I am happy to provide to them.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
And a lot of NE fans who are learning a valuable lesson in humility and hindsight tonight, one which I am happy to provide to them.
I do agree - way too many fans got into the mindset of the Patriots actually being "perfect", which was never the case. Their faults were brought to light in brilliant manner tonight. Just remember - we're adults here.

Also - keep in mind that the Patriots are effectively #2. A huge dissapointment to the team, but they still beat pretty much every single one of our teams. Including the Giants, but alas! Not today. Hats off to them.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Shows a lot of class.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, though you and I both know if the result would have been different NE fans would have peppered the forum with even more raucous celebrations, and none of us would have heard the end of the gloating for weeks.

I do agree - way too many fans got into the mindset of the Patriots actually being "perfect", which was never the case. Their faults were brought to light in brilliant manner tonight. Just remember - we're adults here.

Also - keep in mind that the Patriots are effectively #2. A huge dissapointment to the team, but they still beat pretty much every single one of our teams. Including the Giants, but alas! Not today. Hats off to them

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, though you and I both know if the result would have been different NE fans would have peppered the forum with even more raucous celebrations, and none of us would have heard the end of the gloating for weeks.
How ironic this arguement is.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Not Ironically, The headline is Patriots Lose.. not Giants win.
Great game, the only offensive player that impressed me was Wes Welker. Tyree had a ridiculous catch. The Patriots front 5 got worked. Seau will have to wait another year

skunkman

Awards
Gods like WHAATTT Your taping the other team? HERE'S your perfect season.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I know... it still disturbes me. I honestly think they enjoy watching OTHERS lose, more than their OWN TEAM winning. It says a lot about character...
I know I do ahaha....I have no character I guess.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the pats lost......I give the giants credit for being the better team in then end. However, this hate crap is annoying. I'm a boston fan and i ALWAYS will be. I think there are WAY TOO many haters here in general. New England STILL set records that wil stand for years to come.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Not Ironically, The headline is Patriots Lose.. not Giants win.
Great game, the only offensive player that impressed me was Wes Welker. Tyree had a ridiculous catch. The Patriots front 5 got worked. Seau will have to wait another year
Welker is absolutely INSANE. I don't think I really realized that until I watched him tonight. IMO, one of the best in the league - I'd take him over a lot of big names. He runs with such diligence... effort not seen with average receivers. They said he played soccer in his pastime. Maybe that's how he developed those quick darty skills... quite a weapon.

The real story though was Eli... never again will people doubt him. That final drive was "Brady-Esque". Funny to use that now to describe it. Brady... I don't think he'll sleep for weeks. He had his chances, but man did he get beat up when they came.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How ironic this arguement is.
I believe irony's the improper term as I made that point intentionally. Irony implies unwittingness and/or lack of knowledge leading to an unexpected turn of events.

I was pointing out the 'justification'.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you. Those of us who are Pats fans, are gonna act like sore losers. But if we won, then the Giants fans would've acted like sore losers and, you're right, several Pats fans would've been gloating for the next several weeks. Regardless of which team won, the winners are gonna gloat.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Destiny is a king with no crown... Ha-Ha-Ha!

To all the Boston fans - I am laughing at you while you make excuses - I am laughing at you for putting dumb sayings in your SIGS... Ha-Ha-Ha!

Gooooooo Giants!
What the h*ll is this matt, seriously? I don't make excuses, i've endured the hardship over the years. Anyone and everyone can or will make excuses in any circumstance.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Lack of a running game really showed for New England. Maroney benefits so much from their passing game. They need to draft a real starter or sign somebody who is legit. Antowain Smith had more heart

Big Dane

Big Dane

Awards
Taking your team down the field with 4 minutes to play to take the lead is crap?

Dude, put the pipe down.
Yeah, he had a good drive, so they basically played like crap the rest of the game.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you. Those of us who are Pats fans, are gonna act like sore losers. But if we won, then the Giants fans would've acted like sore losers and, you're right, several Pats fans would've been gloating for the next several weeks. Regardless of which team won, the winners are gonna gloat.
Being a pats/red sox fan i'm not a sore loser, nor will i ever be one. It's a game, we've lost as we've won......We've certainly had our fair share of victory over the years. Congrats to the giants in the end, but the pats remain a team to be reckoned with in the years to come......

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will say this, that was one HELL of a game!

To have back to back brothers win the Super Bowl is just awesome!

Patriots honestly played like the Rams did when the Patriots were the underdogs and won - that's Ironic.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being a pats/red sox fan i'm not a sore loser, nor will i ever be one. It's a game, we've lost as we've won......We've certainly had our fair share of victory over the years. Congrats to the giants in the end, but the pats remain a team to be reckoned with in the years to come......
Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated rivals loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. Rivals cheer for rivals to lose constantly, it's called competitive rivalries.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, he had a good drive, so they basically played like crap the rest of the game.
So did Manning and the Giants. The last team that had the ball won (well, with enough time..lol). The statement applies for both sides...defense ruled the day. Manning showed a TON of heart and really proved many people, including myself, wrong. Congratz to him as he earned it. He did what other greats have done, lead their team to a Superbowl in the final minutes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The real story though was Eli... never again will people doubt him. That final drive was "Brady-Esque". Funny to use that now to describe it. Brady... I don't think he'll sleep for weeks. He had his chances, but man did he get beat up when they came.

I guess I agree, although expectations will go up for him that he is now an elite QB... which he isn't. I won't bash him anymore, but he's likely to be the same guy next year. The GMen weren't running the ball much bettter than the Patriots so Manning did come through. Kevin Boss had a huge play, I think that drive resulted in a TD. Shockey would have made an impact, whether good or bad.. who knows.

The real loser in all of this, besides Coach Bill, is Tiki Barber.. Looks pretty ****1ng stupid now

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
They are going to have to revamp their aging defense, unless they are going to start handing out Geritol and Poli-Grip at training camp....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Recall the Bradshaw (NY-RB) fumble that was recovered by Pierre Woods (NE-LB), then ripped back out by Bradshaw in the 2nd quarter. Huge play. Totally a field possession game. Giants were the better 'team' today by 3 points. Great win.. The Front 5 for the Patriots didn't give their best effort, I couldn't believe how sleepy they looked.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
No, of course not. I'm a Colts fan. ;)

If the Colts would have lost last year T, you would have been just as, if not happier.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

I'll miss the NFL...

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated rivals loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. Rivals cheer for rivals to lose constantly, it's called competitive rivalries.

It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

I'll miss the NFL...
THIS IS WHAT KILLS ME. No more football (except for the All Star game). I've enjoyed doing my once-weekly long runs on Sunday during the games. Keeps me occupied. I weep for the lack of football to come...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I wouldn't expect anything less man, but you cerainly know i'm not a sore loser in the end. The rivalry aspect is great for sports in general. We lost, It really sucks......man it sucks......but next year is a new year for all....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
.........or if you think you're really good and you're not, the pats would be the former.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.
Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my rival lose, that's that.