Poll: Was Michael Vicks sentence just?

Vick Sentencing Fair or Not

  1. Vick Sentencing Fair or Not


    As you know Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 mon. in prision with 3 yrs. probation for the dogfighting case. I like Vick and animals. but to me got what was coming to him. A superstar athlete on the rise just to crashing down on a dumbass decision. What does everyone else think.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CHA0S View Post
    As you know Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 mon. in prision with 3 yrs. probation for the dogfighting case. I like Vick and animals. but to me got what was coming to him. A superstar athlete on the rise just to crashing down on a dumbass decision. What does everyone else think.
    23 months is not that big of a deal. It's not the jail time I'd be worried about. He really does not have a career after his jail time anyway.

  3. His career is essentially over, which is fine considering what he did
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page
    •   
       


  4. He's only going to be 29 when he gets out, I would be suprised if someone doesnt take a chance on him. I dont know if he will like the minimum salary that they are going to offer him though.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    He's only going to be 29 when he gets out, I would be suprised if someone doesnt take a chance on him. I dont know if he will like the minimum salary that they are going to offer him though.
    As you might have heard, the severity of his sentence was based on him not being totally honest with the feds and smoking weed while on bail.

    Honestly, when he is done with his sentence, more than likely he will be lucky to even seriously be thinking of playing. Getting through the day will probably be more his speed at that time. It's sad but I think he totally underestimated just how much trouble he was in.

    :bruce3:

  6. maybe he and some fellow prison inmates could form a football team to challenge the prison guards

  7. Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    maybe he and some fellow prison inmates could form a football team to challenge the prison guards
    Lol. Nice one.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  8. If you act like an as.shole long enough, eventually you'll be one. And they like as.sholes in prison...

  9. wow just found out if he would've confessed when the investigation first started he would've been a jail for only 1 day.
    ...stupid decisions

  10. He should go to Jail for life for what he did. I have read some of the sick gruesome details. Someone who tortures animals like that should not be allowed to live, but puting him to death would be to easy.

  11. Basically they have said he will get out 3 month early for good behavior which will have him out by june of 09. I have also heard if the place hes at gets over crowded he could get released even earlier(not sure how true that is). Does he still have a career when he gets out, with out a doubt he will get signed with a team after he gets out. The question is at what position and if he will be decent enough to make the team.

  12. Without a doubt he will get signed ? Why are you so certain about this ?

  13. I'm not going to say he didn't deserve this 23 months. However, I just think its funny to see the EXPLOSION of hatred coming from society for him killing dogs, when everyone tends to just brush past human on human murders. There wouldn't have been as much media hype if he was being tried for murder. Ray Lewis didn't have much coverage when he was accused of murder. But because its animals (And therefore PETA) it got turned into this huge deal. I just think its sad that Americans care more about dogs than another human life.

    *I just have to clarify that I love dogs. I would be steaming mad at anyone who even thought about harming my dog. I am in no way demeaning the lives of the dogs that Vick killed. Just making a point.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    I'm not going to say he didn't deserve this 23 months. However, I just think its funny to see the EXPLOSION of hatred coming from society for him killing dogs, when everyone tends to just brush past human on human murders. There wouldn't have been as much media hype if he was being tried for murder. Ray Lewis didn't have much coverage when he was accused of murder. But because its animals (And therefore PETA) it got turned into this huge deal. I just think its sad that Americans care more about dogs than another human life.

    *I just have to clarify that I love dogs. I would be steaming mad at anyone who even thought about harming my dog. I am in no way demeaning the lives of the dogs that Vick killed. Just making a point.


    People have more of a chance fighting against people. Dogs verses humans on the other hand.....Animals are innocent. They should expect to be treated kindly and with respect by humans. The dogs didn't have a chance against their human counterparts. Look at hunters that use guns with scopes on them for pinpoint accuracy, the animals really don't have much of chance. That is in the wild and they have more of a chance than this guys "pets". Its just disgusting.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    I'm not going to say he didn't deserve this 23 months. However, I just think its funny to see the EXPLOSION of hatred coming from society for him killing dogs, when everyone tends to just brush past human on human murders. There wouldn't have been as much media hype if he was being tried for murder. Ray Lewis didn't have much coverage when he was accused of murder. But because its animals (And therefore PETA) it got turned into this huge deal. I just think its sad that Americans care more about dogs than another human life.

    *I just have to clarify that I love dogs. I would be steaming mad at anyone who even thought about harming my dog. I am in no way demeaning the lives of the dogs that Vick killed. Just making a point.
    i love animals but i have to agree with u on this one. I mean Rafer Alston of the Houston Rockets slit some guys throat during the summer and is starting and has yet to miss a game. But we in society care just as much for the loss of another kind as we do ours. So they should be treated the same way.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Without a doubt he will get signed ? Why are you so certain about this ?

    Vick is a great athlete, just not a qb. Someone will think he could be wr, or return guy and give him a shot, maybe even as a backup qb. Teams are not going to turn their back on a 29 yo who has 7 years as a starter in the league.
    Last edited by rugger48; 12-11-2007 at 08:37 PM.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Vick is a great athlete, just not a qb. Someone will think he could be wr, or return guy and give him a shot, maybe even as a backup qb. Teams are not going to turn their back on a 29 yo who has 7 years as a starter in the league.
    of course he'll come back. in great athletic shape in fact. he'll be able to play till he's bout 40. the problem is which team is willing to deal with all the hysteria that surrounds him. More than likely the Falcons won't accept him back.

  18. I think they ought to demote him back to college ball, and make him play for the Bulldogs
  19. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    23 months isnt enough. He should be thrown in a pit with another asswipe like himself and they should be forced to fight to the death.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    23 months isnt enough. He should be thrown in a pit with another asswipe like himself and they should be forced to fight to the death.
    Yep. Anyone that did what he did is capable of so much ****ed up sh*t. For anyone that doesn't know the exact process of a dog fight, they fight each other until one is gassed out and then the other dog proceeds to eat the exhausted dog alive. It is beyond sick, it really is unfathomable.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    23 months isnt enough. He should be thrown in a pit with another asswipe like himself and they should be forced to fight to the death.
    If it's OK with you I would like for the other guy to be Fedor Emelianenko, only he's not an asswipe.

  22. He's lucky he didn't get more time. Us non-celebrities would have had a much longer sentence.

    I'm sure some team will give him a chance. I'm concerned about his QB skills eroding to a degree while in prison. He wasn't the greatest passer in the NFL and this certainly doesn't help his cause. The Raiders will probably sign him LOL.
  23. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    I would imagine that if one of you were to make a very serious mistake you would do all that you could within your power to get the least punishment as possible.

    I assure you that when (it may not have happened yet) you are wearing the shoes of a convicted felon your tune will change a whole lot.

    I believe his sentence was fair and within the guidelines as the law permits. He plead guilty and was sentenced accordingly.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  24. Not sure what your point is B, but I disagree with the laws and feel that he should've been punished more severely. What he did is pure evil and less than 2 years served is simply not enough.
  25. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I would imagine that if one of you were to make a very serious mistake you would do all that you could within your power to get the least punishment as possible.

    I assure you that when (it may not have happened yet) you are wearing the shoes of a convicted felon your tune will change a whole lot.

    I believe his sentence was fair and within the guidelines as the law permits. He plead guilty and was sentenced accordingly.
    I just hate people who make animals do that, its not a justice system issue for me
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  26. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Not sure what your point is B, but I disagree with the laws and feel that he should've been punished more severely. What he did is pure evil and less than 2 years served is simply not enough.
    You are entitled to disagree with the law.

    My point was; suppose you made a mistake (I'm not going to judge the mistake as evil or cruel or petty or minor, just a mistake, and broke the law) and you were found guilty by your peers or plead guilty in a plea agreement, you may not appreciate the sting of a vengeful sentence.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I just hate people who make animals do that, its not a justice system issue for me
    That would make it a justice system issue for you, as you would like the penalty to be stiffer, right?
  28. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I just hate people who make animals do that, its not a justice system issue for me
    I agree that it was an inhumane act.

    I consider that sometimes the perspective of the justice of a system is relative to the perspective from which you are dealt by that system.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.
  29. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    That would make it a justice system issue for you, as you would like the penalty to be stiffer, right?
    I guess I would like it to be, but I don't think most other people care, so I don't really think its a justice system issue as the majority isn't with me on this one. I have a thing for dogs particularly, don't care much about other animals...
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  30. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    You are entitled to disagree with the law.

    My point was; suppose you made a mistake (I'm not going to judge the mistake as evil or cruel or petty or minor, just a mistake, and broke the law) and you were found guilty by your peers or plead guilty in a plea agreement, you may not appreciate the sting of a vengeful sentence.

    This, in my opinion is in a very different catagory than a simple "mistake". The things that he did to the dogs...well someone in their right mind wouldn't do those things because we all know they are wrong. He took lives, whether or not they were human doesn't count. They were living beings, defenseless animals. They really had no chance to defend themselves. If it was different case I would agree with you, some people don't deserve the sentences they get, some are even jailed while innocent.

  31. Imho he should of gotten the maximum sentence. A man of his status should now better and i think they should have made an example out of him.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by MM1Snapper View Post
    Imho he should of gotten the maximum sentence. A man of his status should now better and i think they should have made an example out of him.
    i'm glad they didn't give him the minimum

  33. Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    maybe he and some fellow prison inmates could form a football team to challenge the prison guards
    He would have to then play for the Cincinatti Bengals.

    :bruce3:

  34. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    This, in my opinion is in a very different catagory than a simple "mistake". The things that he did to the dogs...well someone in their right mind wouldn't do those things because we all know they are wrong. He took lives, whether or not they were human doesn't count. They were living beings, defenseless animals. They really had no chance to defend themselves. If it was different case I would agree with you, some people don't deserve the sentences they get, some are even jailed while innocent.

    Your opinion is based on what "media coverage". We all know how completely accurate that always is. I'm not saying he is innocent because obviously he isn't but do we really know the extent of his involvement. btw, how many defenseless deer have you had.

    :bruce3:
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 11:59 PM
  3. To Stretch or Not to Stretch You be the Judge
    By DarCSA in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 07:14 AM
  4. Eat unhealthy food, or not eating at all?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2002, 11:08 AM
  5. Too wake up or not to wake
    By 8 pak man in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Log in
Log in