Peyton Manning's Legacy?

1. Registered User

Peyton Manning's Legacy?

So since Manning now doesn't have the crutch and has won a SuperBowl, SuperBowl MPV, NFL MVP, will he go down as the best QB ever? This is assuming he continues to play for 5 or so more yeras at least and still plays peyton manning like.

My vote is that he goes down as the best QB ever to play the game, when his carrer is over.

Currently I believe that Farve is the current best QB ever, and have known/had a feeling that Peyton would eventually surpass him which he will.

2. Registered User

Best ever? That is a tall order.

Montana kinda heads the class of the best. PM will fit in nicely with Favre, Elway, and Staubach. Brady is just as good and has more rings.

PM's a real throwback in a lot of ways. Good arm, but not a howitzer. Not fast. However, he knows his offense and calls the plays. Had the trainers given him some valium before some games, wow, the sky would've been the limit.

I've watched the guy since he was a freshman at Tenn. It's funny he gets ragged for going 0-3 versus Florida. He played great in one game, so-so in another, and sucked in one more. Two of the losses came against Florida teams that played in the NC game. I'd say it says more about how good Florida was at the time than choke-a-rama. PM couldn't help the fact that Spurrier had 50 IQ points(minimum) on UT DC John Chavis.

The haters will say he needs another ring, or that he hasn't proven himself in a dry SB, that the Colts beat a team with a struggling QB, or that he sucks because he is a white boy who makes too many commercials and can't dance, etc.

Charles Woodson is who??
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blairjd View Post
    Best ever? That is a tall order.

Montana kinda heads the class of the best. PM will fit in nicely with Favre, Elway, and Staubach. Brady is just as good and has more rings.

See here is where i dissagree. People seem to judge QB's based on superbowl rings, if Montana didn't have the rings he wouldn't even be any where close to one of the greatest QB's. In my opinion he just didn't have the tools of a peyton manning as far as his arm and his intelligence. If you take Peyton Manning away from the Colts they are nothing....lucky to get into the playoffs. If you take Montana away from them (steve young) they still win a superbowl. If you take Elway away from the Broncos, they still have Terrell Davis a 2000 yard back.

In my opinon Peyton Manning is the best football player to ever play in the League (not to be confused with the most athletic lol), more people will be saying this after he wins a couple more rings.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gators52 View Post
    See here is where i dissagree. People seem to judge QB's based on superbowl rings, if Montana didn't have the rings he wouldn't even be any where close to one of the greatest QB's. In my opinion he just didn't have the tools of a peyton manning as far as his arm and his intelligence. If you take Peyton Manning away from the Colts they are nothing....lucky to get into the playoffs. If you take Montana away from them (steve young) they still win a superbowl. If you take Elway away from the Broncos, they still have Terrell Davis a 2000 yard back.

In my opinon Peyton Manning is the best football player to ever play in the League (not to be confused with the most athletic lol), more people will be saying this after he wins a couple more rings.

I love Brady and im a Pats fan but 3 rings on a team with no other superstars and no Harrison,Wayne,Clark..Woul Peyton be this good on a team with Richee Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney

Montana had an Rice Manning has 3 superstar recievers Brady has guys that were left on the waiver wire and still finds a way to win..IMO he is the best

Taking the rings out of the conversation Elway is better than Manning,no one was as good as him on a busted play or rolling out the way he did, he was deadly..
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    I love Brady and im a Pats fan but 3 rings on a team with no other superstars and no Harrison,Wayne,Clark..Woul Peyton be this good on a team with Richee Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney

Montana had an Rice Manning has 3 superstar recievers Brady has guys that were left on the waiver wire and still finds a way to win..IMO he is the best

Taking the rings out of the conversation Elway is better than Manning,no one was as good as him on a busted play or rolling out the way he did, he was deadly..

How many players are the colts sending to the pro-bowl and how many from New England ? and if the defense didnt collaspe in the second half ( give credit to manning for taking advantage of it) New England would be having a parade today with 1 Pro-bowler and he is on defense.
  6. Registered User

Montana was every bit as clutch as Brady, perhaps even more so. Brady might not have had the offensive weapons in the past, but he had the opportunity to win some big games due to the NE defense. Granted, Montana benefited from great players all over the place.

Montana, I believe, was SB MVP three times. He didn't drive the 49's down for winning field goals - they got TDs. Troy Aikman ain't too shabby, either.

I always liked Elway. Reasonably athletic QB with a hellacious arm. There's some massive picks he threw that are forgotten in the shadows of some of his heroics. Still great.

Throwing out rings, good defenses, and a running game, Dan Marino is right there with anybody.

With the complete acclimation to free agency, NE has done the best job of NFL teams in putting together a balanced team led by a great QB. Having a very sharp, if asocial, coach helps.
  7. Registered User

Would Brady be good on a team where he is forced to win the game for them, like Manning is. If Manning plays bad, the Colts will pretty much lose. However if Brady plays bad, they will be better off than the Colts. Yea Brady has 3 rings, but that tuck rule that year was BS and everyone knows it. Also their home field advantage in the playoffs every year is so great with all the weather conditions. I'm just not a Brady fan, good QB? Yes. Great QB? No. Brady reminds me of a jake dellhome to be honest, if the panthers were more consistent those two QB's would be very comparable in my opinion.

I dont like hearing about the lack of pro bowlers on NE, that doesn't mean anything, footbal lis a team game and NE has a great TEAM.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gators52 View Post
    Would Brady be good on a team where he is forced to win the game for them, like Manning is. If Manning plays bad, the Colts will pretty much lose. However if Brady plays bad, they will be better off than the Colts. Yea Brady has 3 rings, but that tuck rule that year was BS and everyone knows it. Also their home field advantage in the playoffs every year is so great with all the weather conditions. I'm just not a Brady fan, good QB? Yes. Great QB? No. Brady reminds me of a jake dellhome to be honest, if the panthers were more consistent those two QB's would be very comparable in my opinion.

I dont like hearing about the lack of pro bowlers on NE, that doesn't mean anything, footbal lis a team game and NE has a great TEAM.

Jake Delome give me a break,I understand you don't like Brady but your personel feeling is clouding your judgement..

The Pats got a break in ther Raiders Game but what about the Rams the greatest show on turf.The Patriots beat that team up and it was Brady with a last minuet drive to set up Adam when all the announcers were saying just play for overtime..

If your going to bring up the tuck rule what about the face gaurd call.

NFL Admits Face-guarding Screw Up . Subscribe

Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal | Bulletin Boards

In response to an item in our Conference Championship Ten-Pack regarding a key pass interference call on Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs that allowed the Colts to complete an 18-point comeback and knot the game at 21, a member of PFT Planet has alerted us to a January 25, 2007 "Q&A" on Jaguars.com in which Vic Ketchman writes that the NFL has acknowledged that a bad call was made.
    Writes Ketchman, in response to a question that chastised him for suggesting that face-guarding is still forbidden:
    "Face-guarding was discontinued several years ago and I completely missed it. I talked to Dean Blandino in the league office and he confirmed what you're saying. Blandino, by the way, was in the replay booth at the Patriots-Colts game. Ellis Hobbs should not have been flagged for pass-interference. He didn't make contact with the receiver and in no way did Hobbs impede Reggie Wayne's ability to catch the pass. Blandino confirmed that the incorrect call was made. It advanced the ball from the Patriots' 19-yard line to the one-yard line and was the big play in a touchdown drive that led to a two-point conversion and a tie game at 21-21. Referee Bill Carollo made no reference to face-guarding in his explanation, but CBS analyst Phil Simms did. Apparently, he, too, doesn't know the rule no longer exists. The next time you hear a TV analyst say, 'he wasn’t playing the ball,' think of the Hobbs play, then turn down the sound."
    Make no mistake about it, it was a key call. And, to their credit, we haven't heard a public peep from the "no class" Pats about the play.
    Gee, what would Napolian have done if that phantom flag had been thrown on a member of the Colts' defense?
  9. Registered User

The Pats got a break in ther Raiders Game but what about the Rams the greatest show on turf.The Patriots beat that team up and it was Brady with a last minuet drive to set up Adam when all the announcers were saying just play for overtime..

The score was NE 20 Rams 17. NE holding the greatest show on turf to 17 points was what won them the game, not Brady, despite a last minute drive. Brady had 145 yards, 1 TD on 27 attempts. He did play well in the other two super bowls though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Peyton Manning Goes to Denver!!! See Ya Later TebowSanity
    By MuscleGauge1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM
  2. Peyton Manning Will F**k Your Kid Up !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
  3. military man
    By kilgore78 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 02:14 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 05:50 PM