Bears: Superbowl XLI Champs

johnz

www.bestpricenutrition.co m
Awards
I thought Id negate what the putrid anti Chicago media is trying to tell you: Don't bet on the gobblygook. Defense wins in hockey. Defense wins in baseball ( pitching more then anything) and boys and girls...DEFENSE WINS IN FOOTBALL. That and Rexy will prove why he's the best young QB to be reckoned with. Hot and Cold..but the kid';s a winner. Benson and Jones will balance that attack with a down the throat running attack.
Winner of the game? BEARS.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Umm, no ****ing way! Colts defence can play as good. they prooved it in the last 2 games. Go Payton, you deserve that damn ring!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hester is the difference in this game. Colts special teams coverage ain't so hot.

Dev needs 2 steps to top speed.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I hope Lovie wears the incredibly ugly Bears sweater.

Daaaaaaaaaaa Beeeeeeaaaahhhhhhsssssssssssss!!!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Peyton:"let's take a trip and go hunting"
Reggie:"where are we gonna go and who we gonna hunt?
Peyton:"let's go to Miami, find some bears and ****ing kill 'em"
Reggie:"**** yea! It should be fun!" :D

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAAA BEARS !!! Chicago media has no inkiling on what wins games, as well as most fans.... UNDERSTAND PEOPLE this is REX GROSSMAN FIRST FULL YEAR AS OUR QB!!!!! I do nto understand what else you want from him. Of course he is going to make mistakes, he is basically a 3 year rookie! Anyway thats my soapbox, and I am glad Johnz pointed out that they will take the Colts down, as the Colts will play as well as Indiana Drivers, and you know what that means LOUSY!!!!!

johnz

Awards
I do think the Bears will win ( Better D and as pointed out, Dev Hester can be a big difference make...as long as he doesnt try and get too cute)
I also agree on Rex. The media/ fans really have no idea it seems on how good this guy can be, and at times has been.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do think the Bears will win ( Better D and as pointed out, Dev Hester can be a big difference make...as long as he doesnt try and get too cute)
I also agree on Rex. The media/ fans really have no idea it seems on how good this guy can be, and at times has been.
He was amazing, for 7 games in a row I believe. He was then absolutely horrible for 5 or 6 (Over 100 QB rating, then under 50). To me personally, Rex Grossman is a non-factor, so to speak. If he plays horribly, the Bears still have a chance to win; if he plays good, then it is a welcomed bonus.

Much is being made of the Colts superior offence, though interestingly enough the Bears and Colts had the exact same PPG Avg. during the regular season. With that being said, it is undenyable that the Colts have more weapons on O.

I think this should be a fairly matched game, despite all the 'Underdog' talk; the Colts 'D' can play better than given credit for, likewise for the Bears 'O'. I think that the Colts, on both sides of the ball, showed an incredible amount of poise in last weeks game against the Pats. In previous years where they may have crumbled, they led very successful drives and got key defensive stops. As a result, I think they pull it out, 21-13.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Dimitry,
I'm a 9ers fan. I'm rooting for the Bears A) because of Hester and B) good friend of mine is a big Bears guy and I gave him alot of sh*t when the Marlins beat the Cubs in '03.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Dimitry,
I'm a 9ers fan. I'm rooting for the Bears A) because of Hester and B) good friend of mine is a big Bears guy and I gave him alot of sh*t when the Marlins beat the Cubs in '03.
Gotcha :)

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Everyone knows the AFC was the real superbowl. I got the bears to completely crumble in this game just like they did against Arizona.

johnz

Awards
Everyone knows the AFC was the real superbowl. I got the bears to completely crumble in this game just like they did against Arizona.
They basically GAVE the Patriots their win...the Bears I think proved in that game that if Rex doesn't commit silly turnovers, they can play with anyone, and beat anyone. I think you're in for a shockaroo Sunday!

MacMan

Awards
The only way the Colts lose this game is turnovers. Without turnovers, I don't give the Bears much of a chance.

If the Colts get up early on the Bears by a touchdown or more, game over.

Rex and the Bears will never be able to play catch-up. Rex will get pressured and make mistakes trying to make something happen. Once he starts making mistakes, the flood gates open and the rest of the game is history. He acts like he has very little confidence in his ability at this time, and my bet is he chokes big in the big game.

A couple of turnovers going Chicago's way and the Bears being able to consistently run the ball without having to rely on Rex, it's possible, just not very likely.

johnz

Awards
I dsagree that Rex shows a lack of confidence. He's been the whipping boy, and just responds to the call every single time. Again...like Appolo Creed told Rocky in "Rocky III", " You'll Thank me when the fights over"....I will tell you, " You'll believe me when its over!"

TheCSWFighter

Awards
I dsagree that Rex shows a lack of confidence. He's been the whipping boy, and just responds to the call every single time. Again...like Appolo Creed told Rocky in "Rocky III", " You'll Thank me when the fights over"....I will tell you, " You'll believe me when its over!"
are you watching completely different games than me? Rex grossman has been consistantly sloppy in the playoffs, just because he isn't throwing as many INT's as before doesn't mean more confident. The only reason there hasn't many as many INT's is because rex is not only throwing too far or too short for his recievers but now he's throwing too far or too short for anyone to make an INT. Atleast before he was getting somewhat close to his recievers. Rex Grossman is not a playmaker. The Bears know it this and will work around it come sunday. That is if they plan to stand a chance against the colts.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
this game looks like the national champion ship wit the bears only points coming off opening kickoff for T D:)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - I was right on Devin - said he'd return one. Surprised at the opening KO though.

This loss is one Rex and Rex alone. The D and ST's were good enough to win - Thomas Jones repped Powell Valley. But Rex lost that game.

Congrats to the Colts. Very nice that Dungy and Reggie Wayne got rings after the last year (or so) both have had on the family side.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
:gore: :saw: :trout: :numbered: :nutkick: :toilet: :stick: :woohoo: :drunk: :head: :bruce3: :dance: :cheers: :FUfinger:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
are you watching completely different games than me? Rex grossman has been consistantly sloppy in the playoffs, just because he isn't throwing as many INT's as before doesn't mean more confident. The only reason there hasn't many as many INT's is because rex is not only throwing too far or too short for his recievers but now he's throwing too far or too short for anyone to make an INT. Atleast before he was getting somewhat close to his recievers. Rex Grossman is not a playmaker. The Bears know it this and will work around it come sunday. That is if they plan to stand a chance against the colts.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheCSWFighter again.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
So like..should I just delete this thread?

lol

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I thought Id negate what the putrid anti Chicago media is trying to tell you: Don't bet on the gobblygook. Defense wins in hockey. Defense wins in baseball ( pitching more then anything) and boys and girls...DEFENSE WINS IN FOOTBALL. That and Rexy will prove why he's the best young QB to be reckoned with. Hot and Cold..but the kid';s a winner. Benson and Jones will balance that attack with a down the throat running attack.
Winner of the game? BEARS.
Tired defenses don't win. Cut off Manning's long-range attack and thats exactly what happens... he picks up 6-7 first downs over about 15 plays in no huddle (which means no defensive substitutions) which means a wore out defense; couple the low-endurance top-heavy nature of the Bears Defense with that; and you've got the making of a slaughter. Which is exactly what happened. Most Bears fans that I talk with seem to think it was a close game or something. Look at the way the Colts moved the ball up and down the field IN THE RAIN (they have a terrible record in bad weather) against this team. It wasnt even close... Manning wasnt going to throw an interception because it was check-down passes all night long then power running until the end.

The rain kept Chicago in the game until the 1st half ended. IF there was no rain, it would have been an utter slaughter... the Colts would have put up over 40pts the way they were playing. Urlacher was playing watchdog on TE Clark all night... the RB was wideopen in the shortpassing and Addai has great hands.

This game isn't as simple as the old stupid adages made years ago in the era of big, powerful, one-dimensional teams. I love how people try to make the game more simple than it is and then analyze statistics to support their claim without regard for intangibles.

Here's an intangible; or at least misreading stats
Much is being made of the Colts superior offence, though interestingly enough the Bears and Colts had the exact same PPG Avg. during the regular season. With that being said, it is undenyable that the Colts have more weapons on O.
Several ways to prove this logic false:

1) Yeah but look at who they played; especially at the quality of defenses. Bears had one of the easiest schedules in the league
2) Check PPG by the offense; not over a game. If a team is only 2 or 3 series out from a score after a turnover, I dont call that an offensive score. Its pts off a turnover (not quite points scored by the defense, which isn't kept either i dont think)
3) In the games over the regular season; if one watched and knew better, they'd know how poorly the Indy D played and therefore affected Manning's on-the-field time. His pts/possession ratio was absolutely incredible. They were losing games that he played PERFECT in. If he isn't given the ball; then that lowers their chance for scoring wouldnt you say?

I'd say the whole Colts O is better at every position than the bears; even with the running backs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's an intangible; or at least misreading stats

Several ways to prove this logic false:

1) Yeah but look at who they played; especially at the quality of defenses. Bears had one of the easiest schedules in the league
2) Check PPG by the offense; not over a game. If a team is only 2 or 3 series out from a score after a turnover, I dont call that an offensive score. Its pts off a turnover (not quite points scored by the defense, which isn't kept either i dont think)
3) In the games over the regular season; if one watched and knew better, they'd know how poorly the Indy D played and therefore affected Manning's on-the-field time. His pts/possession ratio was absolutely incredible. They were losing games that he played PERFECT in. If he isn't given the ball; then that lowers their chance for scoring wouldnt you say?

I'd say the whole Colts O is better at every position than the bears; even with the running backs.
I was merely pointing out that WITH a defense capable of garnering points through INTs, takeaways, turnovers, the advantage in terms of putting points on the board was not as large as was made to be. I was arguing for
the Colts, and merely pointing out that I did not feel it was going to be a complete blow-out (let's remember that NO had a competent offense). I appreciate your expert analysis at any rate Mr.Bradshaw

:rolleyes:

johnz

Awards
The cover 2 D was inappropriate and you even saw Urlacher yelling about it. Rivera couldn't coach potty training, let alone a football team. I hope the Coyboys hire him and we get Samuri Mike. The talents there, folks. No team loses a Tommie Harris and a Mike Brown and not get worse. If we stay healthy next year, look out.