NFL's biggest surprise is . . . - AnabolicMinds.com

NFL's biggest surprise is . . .

  1. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    NFL's biggest surprise is . . .


    Frank Gore, the league's #2 leading rusher just 2 yards behind Larry Johnson. He currently has 1043 yards. He leads the league in yards per carry at 5.5 (among backs with 100+ carries), he can flat out block, has chipped in the passing game with 37 catches and 288 yards, and has single handedly give us hope for this year (thanks to a weak division and Seahawks melting down). Without him, the team is 2-8. He also did a lot of this without Larry Allen or Jonas Jennings, whom are the best O-Linemen on the team.

    He's got no TO ego, no Kevan Barlow attitude, and is a guy the team can look to for leadership and inspiration because he's fought pretty hard to get to this point. This guy runs with balls, I don't know if there's a running back out there that has more balls than this guy, he just never quits.

    Most importantly, his production has benefited Alex Smith a lot because defenses have to pay attention to the running game. Just wait 'til Vernon Davis comes back ! I'm finally psyched about the team's future. Hopefully they don't move out of Candlestick ( and San Fran ), it's a great homefield advantage that I wouldn't give up for a luxury stadium.

    I know Colston has been a big surprise in New Orleans but his contributions pale in comparison to Gore's.

    *THE only concern is his 5 fumbles, everything else has been great.

    *A little OT, but am I the only one who thinks Eli Manning is the most overrated player in the league ?

  2. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    He'll get better next year as he gets another year away from his last ACL tear. Usually the 3rd year is when RB's hit their stride (Edgerrin did).

    I was worried he wouldn't hold up with our piss-poor blocking. I always knew he'd make it. He has surprised even me though with the yards this year. Didn't think he'd do it this quick.

    Pro Bowl here we come!!!
  3. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    45136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Frank Gore, the league's #2 leading rusher just 2 yards behind Larry Johnson. He currently has 1043 yards. He leads the league in yards per carry at 5.5 (among backs with 100+ carries), he can flat out block, has chipped in the passing game with 37 catches and 288 yards, and has single handedly give us hope for this year (thanks to a weak division and Seahawks melting down). Without him, the team is 2-8. He also did a lot of this without Larry Allen or Jonas Jennings, whom are the best O-Linemen on the team.

    He's got no TO ego, no Kevan Barlow attitude, and is a guy the team can look to for leadership and inspiration because he's fought pretty hard to get to this point. This guy runs with balls, I don't know if there's a running back out there that has more balls than this guy, he just never quits.

    Most importantly, his production has benefited Alex Smith a lot because defenses have to pay attention to the running game. Just wait 'til Vernon Davis comes back ! I'm finally psyched about the team's future. Hopefully they don't move out of Candlestick ( and San Fran ), it's a great homefield advantage that I wouldn't give up for a luxury stadium.

    I know Colston has been a big surprise in New Orleans but his contributions pale in comparison to Gore's.

    *THE only concern is his 5 fumbles, everything else has been great.

    *A little OT, but am I the only one who thinks Eli Manning is the most overrated player in the league ?
    I disagree, I thinks it is colston from the NO.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    I disagree, I thinks it is colston from the NO.
    Is it just because we knew Frank Gore had talent to begin with ?
  5. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80

    I was worried he wouldn't hold up with our piss-poor blocking
    This is what a lot of people don't realize. We lost Jeremy Newberry (he's retired as of this year), Kwame Harris is a bum, plus Jennings and Allen have been out for 15 weeks (collectively). He pretty much got those yards on balls. This guy has the bulk of yards because he fought off tacklers, dragged them, and juked them.

    I know rugger thinks more of Colston but a WR doesn't touch the ball 20 times a game and he is never responsible for protecting the QB
  6. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Colston. Ha.

    He plays on a decent team. Ain't had no ACL tears in BOTH knees. Doesn't have a learning disability (that I've heard of - and I live in La).
  7. Advanced Member
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    560

    Reputation

    how bout them COWBOYS!!!!! :donut:
  8. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by skull
    how bout them COWBOYS!!!!! :donut:
    They're making Tampa look good right now
  9. Registered User
    rippedforce63's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    454

    Reputation

    Rooooooooooooommmooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!!!!
  10. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63
    Rooooooooooooommmooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!!!!
    That's a good one too. He revitalized the Cowboys. I'd say Gore and Romo are pretty even as far as big surprises. We'll have to see what happens the next 6 weeks and decide then
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2009's biggest product is here- a sneak preview from AN :)
    By rms80 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 451
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
  2. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:53 AM
  3. Who Is The Biggest
    By G.E.SUPERHUMAN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 11:06 PM
  4. What is your biggest pleasure?
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in