Hockey sticks?

  1. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hockey sticks?


    Anyone know where to get a good deal or can get a deal? I wanna try out one of these new composites but don't wanna pay $180.

  2. New Member
    jecko29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

    Watch the Canadian Tire flyer as it is end of the season clear out time. If you don't mind a big curve grab the Sherwood Sure grip Coffey pattern. I picked it up for $70 and really like it now, the first time on the ice I hated it cause of the hook but after about 3 times I got used to it.

    jecko
  3. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    556
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.59%

    I have the sakic synergy 100flex and love it. It took a week to get used to the composite for the slapshot but it was worth it
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    556
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by stug0tz
    1800faceoff.com has a bunch of composites ranging from 60 to 140 bucks
    great post.

    Here's a link to overstocked synergy sticks. Its the exact same stick without the graphics for alot less...$75 for a senior

    http://www.1800faceoff.com/prod_sele...=227&shop_id=1
  5. New Member
    jecko29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    great post.

    Here's a link to overstocked synergy sticks. Its the exact same stick without the graphics for alot less...$75 for a senior

    http://www.1800faceoff.com/prod_sele...=227&shop_id=1
    Is that the Sakic pattern cause I love that pattern

    jecko
  6. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Anyone try bauer vapors? Is there a difference between and prostock sticks and the ones they sell in the stores. I have seen a few on ebay around 70. Bauer 7k for 70, synergys 85 flex for 50.
  7. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    great post.

    Here's a link to overstocked synergy sticks. Its the exact same stick without the graphics for alot less...$75 for a senior

    http://www.1800faceoff.com/prod_sele...=227&shop_id=1
    Darn they only have Jr. sticks on that link.

    The mission M-1 is cheap there $70 not sure how good they are?

    They also have those over stocked "trueblue" stick whatever they are?
  8. New Member
    Bourque77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    125
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    89.33%

    Missions are ok. Synergy are clearly the best, in my eyes.

    Its amazing, theyre so light. They feel like if you slapped a puck with one they'll shatter into 10000 pieces, but it doesnt. Ive been using the same one for about a year now...

    Late Spring is best time of year for clearouts
  9. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Anyone wanna buy me one? or make a trade for some research chems?
  10. New Member
    Spectre32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    178
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    I'll seel you some, me and my three buddies are going to be opening up a retail site soon on the internet, PM me and we will work something out.
  11. New Member
    jecko29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day
    Anyone try bauer vapors? Is there a difference between and prostock sticks and the ones they sell in the stores. I have seen a few on ebay around 70. Bauer 7k for 70, synergys 85 flex for 50.
    Vapours aren't bad but if you have a decent shot now I wouldn't recommend an 85 flex they are too whippy IMO I use 100's and they are just right......however I'm 200lbs and have a heavy shot, the prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

    jecko
  12. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jecko29
    Vapours aren't bad but if you have a decent shot now I wouldn't recommend an 85 flex they are too whippy IMO I use 100's and they are just right......however I'm 200lbs and have a heavy shot, the prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

    jecko
    Good call on the 100 flex. Seems like Bauer flex87 is alot stiffer than the synergy flex85 ratings. I checked out the 85flex synergy and it bent like a branch.
  13. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stug0tz
    1800faceoff.com has a bunch of composites ranging from 60 to 140 bucks

    HEY BUY FROM A BOARD SPONSOR Oh wait you wanted a hockey stick ahhhhhh never mind.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  14. New Member
    jecko29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    HEY BUY FROM A BOARD SPONSOR Oh wait you wanted a hockey stick ahhhhhh never mind.


    CROWLER


    jecko
  15. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    556
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day
    Darn they only have Jr. sticks on that link.

    The mission M-1 is cheap there $70 not sure how good they are?

    They also have those over stocked "trueblue" stick whatever they are?
    damn didn't see that sorry.

    the true blue i think is bauer
  16. Board Supporter
    Wedgylx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    556
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jecko29
    Vapours aren't bad but if you have a decent shot now I wouldn't recommend an 85 flex they are too whippy IMO I use 100's and they are just right......however I'm 200lbs and have a heavy shot, the prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

    jecko
    i also have the 100 and love it
  17. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Well I got hooked up on ebay finally. I picked up a new Easton Synergy SL Grip for $80 US. It's a pro stock return but I could care less. That stick is selling for $270 up here in Canada. It's like a $150 discount minus the warranty though. I hope this ***** doesn't break
  18. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre32
    I'll seel you some, me and my three buddies are going to be opening up a retail site soon on the internet, PM me and we will work something out.

    Hey, can you get a price on reebok 8k fitlite helmets. I tried a bunch on and it fit the best. The price is a bit excessive on that helmet though. I still check this thread let me know. I can't remember your email addy.
  19. New Member
    Spectre32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    178
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    What kinda prices where you getting? personalcomp1@comcast.net is my e-mail.
  20. Registered User
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    597
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.87%

    cyclone taylor has good prices, where i just got my Synergy 100 ST from.

    it was 140 something (not including shipping)
  21. New Member
    North Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    98
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    36%

    Most Pro Stocks are bullet proof


    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day
    Well I got hooked up on ebay finally. I picked up a new Easton Synergy SL Grip for $80 US. It's a pro stock return but I could care less. That stick is selling for $270 up here in Canada. It's like a $150 discount minus the warranty though. I hope this ***** doesn't break

    Most Pro Stocks are bullet proof and will last a lot longer than off the rack sticks. I am on the Ice 5 or 6 times a week year round and I can get 1 or 2 years out of a pro stock. I used to go through 3 or 4 store bought sticks a year. Finding the right one is the challenge. I read that most of you just settle for what you find and then get used to it. You don't have to do that if you know what you want. Hockey Monkey will help you identify what stick is the one you like on their pro stock stick page giving you what each pattern is. Their price is $129 including shipping but if you ebay you can pick one up for less than $100. PRO STOCKS, I swear by em.
  22. Senior Member
    sogone2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    688
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    61.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by North Stars
    Most Pro Stocks are bullet proof and will last a lot longer than off the rack sticks. I am on the Ice 5 or 6 times a week year round and I can get 1 or 2 years out of a pro stock. I used to go through 3 or 4 store bought sticks a year. Finding the right one is the challenge. I read that most of you just settle for what you find and then get used to it. You don't have to do that if you know what you want. Hockey Monkey will help you identify what stick is the one you like on their pro stock stick page giving you what each pattern is. Their price is $129 including shipping but if you ebay you can pick one up for less than $100. PRO STOCKS, I swear by em.
    Yeah I don't know how prostock sticks are built different. I wouldn't get an EASTON SL, honestly i think it feels way to lite. I only have one crack in it so far from a slap shot hitting the blade but it's still good. I still like my wood stick though.
  23. New Member
    North Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    98
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    36%

    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day
    Yeah I don't know how prostock sticks are built different. I wouldn't get an EASTON SL, honestly i think it feels way to lite. I only have one crack in it so far from a slap shot hitting the blade but it's still good. I still like my wood stick though.
    They aren't mass produced.
  24. New Member
    Spectre32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    178
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    Yeah there made for each player and then if they switch to a new stick then theyhave surplus. Most of the stick though are based off of one of the mass produced patterns. Normaly htey take or add a little more in the heel or toe to adjust for the players preferances.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post hockey game nutrition?
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:14 AM
  2. Prepping hard boiled eggs without the shell sticking....
    By good_guye28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM
  3. Stick it in or rub it on?
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 10:30 AM
  4. Need a name for a ball hockey team!
    By Juggernaut in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
  5. Stick Death!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in