The first overall pick is...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep reading how the Texans are shopping the first pick in the draft and I can only think...why? I realize they have major holes in mulitple positions, but Reggie Bush is a phenom, once in a lifetime player. They need offensive help very badly and a homerun tailback would be in their best interest at this moment, especially with Gary Kubiak as the new coach. The only other top player that may help them out more is LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but I don't think that a lineman is going to be a huge draw at the gates.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They need help on their O-Line more then anything.........David Carr, Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis are all play makers....trade the pick,,,take Brickashaw who could very well be the next Walter Jones or Willie Roaf. Reggie aint gonna shieet when hes got zero holes to run through

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I keep reading how the Texans are shopping the first pick in the draft and I can only think...why? I realize they have major holes in mulitple positions, but Reggie Bush is a phenom, once in a lifetime player. They need offensive help very badly and a homerun tailback would be in their best interest at this moment, especially with Gary Kubiak as the new coach. The only other top player that may help them out more is LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but I don't think that a lineman is going to be a huge draw at the gates.
Right now its tuff to say

Houston is possibly shopping the pick, the owner has stated he does not want to be out of the top 6 picks because he feels there is a talent drop.

Houston stays a #1 they take bush, if some one trades up its not a given bush will go #1 a couple teams want a qb and would like to be higher than tenn. right now. Also rumor was jets wanted brickshaw, but have set there sites on Cutler now. problem is Tenn. OC has stated he does think young will be good for his sytem so now tenn. might want Cutler. If thats the case, the jets might trade up. brickshaw is gonna play a major role in how cutler and young make out in the 1st round. That is if lienhart is New Orleans definite pick. there has been talk that youngs stock is dropping and he may fall between 7-9 in the draft. It could all change thou depending on how Young does when he has a his personal workouts.

chauncy

Awards
I dont see how Reggie Bush could not be the #1 pick. The guy is ridiculous.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Reggie Bush is one of those guys you might regret not taking. I'd rather have a playmaker at RB than an OT who tears **** up. A great RB will bring more people up to the line of scrimmage which will allow David Carr more opportunities to hit Andre Johnson (this guy is amazing and underrated IMO) deep over the middle or find the tight end and his second receiver more easily if they focus on Andre Johnson and Reggie Bush. Bush is also a game breaker catching passes out of the backfield.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There has not been a player with the set of skills as Reggie Bush in...I dont know if there ever has been a player like him other than Gale Sayers. A franchise Tackle is a lot easier to find than a player like Reggie Bush.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You guys havent watched any Texans games....David Carr is running for his life dude....he doesnt have anytime to even step back and throw the damn ball....so Bring Reggie in there....the guy had one of the best O-Lines in College Winston Justice ring a bell....Reggie is a rare once every 1-20 year type of a player but if u can address the many more needs u have...u gotta think about saving ur QB's life...David Carr has been the most sacked QB since he came into the league

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you have other needs then you address them. Sure Bush might be a superstar or might not be. Alot players come out and have all the hype there are still questions that bush needs to answer. Is he an everydown back, what happens in the nfl when he plays the best of the best. The guys in ther NFL are bigger and faster hes not playing in the pac ten anymore he playing against guys that wont give up if they miss. hes not going to be able to run around the feild til there is an opening, by the time he makes his 3rd cut he will be hammered. If he learns to make 1 cut and go he might do well. If a team has a need for a QB more than a rb he possibly will be taken 1st. not all NFL team think all player will fit into there system.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have other needs then you address them. Sure Bush might be a superstar or might not be. Alot players come out and have all the hype there are still questions that bush needs to answer. Is he an everydown back, what happens in the nfl when he plays the best of the best. The guys in ther NFL are bigger and faster hes not playing in the pac ten anymore he playing against guys that wont give up if they miss. hes not going to be able to run around the feild til there is an opening, by the time he makes his 3rd cut he will be hammered. If he learns to make 1 cut and go he might do well. If a team has a need for a QB more than a rb he possibly will be taken 1st. not all NFL team think all player will fit into there system.
I think that everyone is underestimating the Gary Kubiak factor as well; Denver Broncos running game mean anything...

erickgs3

Awards
its gotta be reggie..he has too much upside!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I understand having a solid offensive line is very important BUT you can't pass on this opportunity if you're the Texans. Bush is very versatile. He can run and catch, hell he can even make some halfback passes if he draws enough attention from safeties. A great OT like Ferguson won't have the same impact. When was the last time an OT made a defense change its scheme ?

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I understand having a solid offensive line is very important BUT you can't pass on this opportunity if you're the Texans. Bush is very versatile. He can run and catch, hell he can even make some halfback passes if he draws enough attention from safeties. A great OT like Ferguson won't have the same impact. When was the last time an OT made a defense change its scheme ?
And a gamebreaker on special teams if need be!

Kerussologos

Awards
I agree Houston has a lot of holes, but I don't see how they are going to pass on Bush.

Especially after extending Carr. It will either be Bush or a trade.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Vince Young is number one!!

Who would'nt want a sidearm thrower with a retard level Wonderlic score?

bentlax39

Board Supporter
Awards
Whether its bush, leinart, young, or cutler, it doesnt matter. None of their jukes, speed or arm strength mean anything when theyre laying on their backs under 2 DTs and a LB. David Carr is setting alltime records for times sacked, these players will just make more interesting scrambles in the backfield before getting dropped for a loss. They have to trade their pick, they just have too many holes.

TheSwagger

Awards
Tough spot, but I think they have too many holes to fill. Have to trade down and hope Bush doesn't make them look ridiculous in time.

gobig1

Awards
Whether its bush, leinart, young, or cutler, it doesnt matter. None of their jukes, speed or arm strength mean anything when theyre laying on their backs under 2 DTs and a LB. David Carr is setting alltime records for times sacked, these players will just make more interesting scrambles in the backfield before getting dropped for a loss. They have to trade their pick, they just have too many holes.
Trade a franchise player, possibly the best ever at running back, for 3-4 "average" hole fillers that will not make ANY impact? Maybe in the fantasy league but you don't do that with reality.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how many times I have heard some player is a "once in a lifetime player". I admit Reggie is a great player, but he is untested in the NFL. Look at Archie Griffith, two time Heisman, he was the best player in collage two years in a row. But he was a bust in the NFL. Or Herschel Walker was seen as the Reggie Busch of his day. But he was only an above average player in the NFL. Too much depends on other things besides ability: how mentally tough are they, do the have a great work ethic, does their Off Cord use them to their strengths, does he have a good supporting cast, and lastly can he keep his nose clean.
None of these players are proven, so in my mind they are all question marks until they play a season in the NFL.

bentlax39

Board Supporter
Awards
I couldnt agree more, college success does not always translate into pro success. Just look at some of the past heisman winners:
josh white
eric crouch
ron dayne
chris weinke
danny wuerffel
rashaan salaam

at one time these guys were considered the best college players in the country and now most of them are benchwarmers or playing in nfl europe

Vegas Lord

Awards
Reggie Bush hands down.... Everyone knows the Texans "can't polish a turd" with one pick. Myself being a Bucs fan will attest to how much of a differance a superstar rookie runningback can carry your team (with a defense) But the Texan's need a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

Do the Texans need D-Brick?.... Hell yes. But the draft isnt about picking by neccesity all the time (see Detroit 3 WR's in 3 years)... But rather by the most talented player at any position see (Reggie Bush). Personally, I think the Texans need more than one pick in the first.. This draft blows away last years... When you can get a OLB D-meco Ryans in the 2nd round as compared by the Bucs second round pick in in 2005 MLB Barret Ruud?? Greg Blue from Georgia is projected in the 4th or 5th round.. Hell again, Vince Young beat the Greatest college program ever in the Rose Bowl and he might slip down????? Sinorice Moss is falling to the second easily and Derrick Hagan... Chad Jackson might be the only WR taken in round one.. Chad Greenway is supposed to fall at 23 where my Bucs pick.

If any of you arent jacked about the darft you ought to be.This draft will put a non contender in the playoffs this season for sure. Just hope your "squad" has good scouts lol!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If any of you arent jacked about the darft you ought to be.This draft will put a non contender in the playoffs this season for sure. Just hope your "squad" has good scouts lol!!!
I can't get jacked because I have a feeling the 49ers are going to do something stupid

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I used to get jacked for the draft. But I can't seem to care enough. Very few players translate to the NFL as their place in the draft would indicate. Look at TO. He may be a asshat but he is one of the best recivers in the NFL and he was what...fourth round? And then look at the reciver the Lions took Williams or something. They said he was going to be the greatest in the NFL. Now everone thinks he was a wasted pick.
I will tell you this though. Mel Kiper is no better then a conman. He makes this mock drafts and say that "this guys is going to be a star." Or "this guy is the playmaker this team needs" LOL What a crock of crap.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After Reggie's Pro Day workout...100% he goes first....he benched 225 something like 24 times...40 inch vert...ran the 40 like a 4.3.....this dude is gonna be unreal in the NFL..for a min I was thinking D'Brick but after signing Eric Moulds.....and with the addition of Reggie.....Houstons looking solid

Vegas Lord

Awards
I can't get jacked because I have a feeling the 49ers are going to do something stupid
Lol, the Niners can't even mess up with this draft ( well, at least pick one). Many media guys are calling this draft the best EVER! 49 players have 1rst round grades which guerantees youll get some really good players in round two.

Vegas Lord

Awards
I used to get jacked for the draft. But I can't seem to care enough. Very few players translate to the NFL as their place in the draft would indicate. Look at TO. He may be a asshat but he is one of the best recivers in the NFL and he was what...fourth round? And then look at the reciver the Lions took Williams or something. They said he was going to be the greatest in the NFL. Now everone thinks he was a wasted pick.
I will tell you this though. Mel Kiper is no better then a conman. He makes this mock drafts and say that "this guys is
going to be a star." Or "this guy is the playmaker this team needs" LOL What a crock of crap.
Truth is if your team has an inferior coaching (for the head cases) and scouting staff , youll always bomb the draft. I think the Patriots gave all teams a blueprint on scouting and drafting. For instance, Ernie Simms is the best linebacker in the draft for the Bucs/ Bears/ Colts Tampa 2 defense.... not AJ Hawk. AJ Hawk can play in the Tampa 2 but Simms will be better in the system than Hawk where Hawk would excell on the Raiders or Patriots and Steelers (since he is bigger than Simms. Cover 2 linebackers are always below 240lbs and are fast with intincts. You have to pick players that fit your "system" on O and D. Hawk is the most "pro ready" overall IMO.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Truth is if your team has an inferior coaching (for the head cases) and scouting staff , youll always bomb the draft. I think the Patriots gave all teams a blueprint on scouting and drafting. For instance, Ernie Simms is the best linebacker in the draft for the Bucs/ Bears/ Colts Tampa 2 defense.... not AJ Hawk. AJ Hawk can play in the Tampa 2 but Simms will be better in the system than Hawk where Hawk would excell on the Raiders or Patriots and Steelers (since he is bigger than Simms. Cover 2 linebackers are always below 240lbs and are fast with intincts. You have to pick players that fit your "system" on O and D. Hawk is the most "pro ready" overall IMO.

True enough.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
After Reggie's Pro Day workout...100% he goes first....he benched 225 something like 24 times...40 inch vert...ran the 40 like a 4.3.....this dude is gonna be unreal in the NFL..for a min I was thinking D'Brick but after signing Eric Moulds.....and with the addition of Reggie.....Houstons looking solid
Does the name Tony Mandrich mean anything? 6'5 315lbs with a 4.8 40yd dash and an insane bench workout. Many experts projected him to be the greatest O-tackle ever. At MSU he was pancaking so many people that the coaching staff had to make this a catagory when it came to o-line performance. And the head coach at MSU, George Perless or something, was an ex NFL player who said Mandrich was the greatest athlete/player he ever saw, much less coached.
And guess what? In his first season Reggie White made him look laike a twelve year old boy who got whooped by a 30yo on tren. ANd after two season I think he was out of the NFL. He did come back in 1997-98 to play for the Colts and was a starter but naver came close to the pro-bowl.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People werent comparing him to the greatest Running Back of all time Barry Sanders....an O-Lineman and a Running Back are not even comparable

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Bunkley at 14(Jerome Brown anyone?)... fingers crossed

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
In his first season Reggie White made him look laike a twelve year old boy who got whooped by a 30yo on tren.
Reggie did that to everyone one but Eric Williams... I remember when he threw Larry Allen at Aikman:icon_lol:

Overhyped "The Boz" till he met "Bo knows"

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
People werent comparing him to the greatest Running Back of all time Barry Sanders....an O-Lineman and a Running Back are not even comparable
Fine. How about this. When he gets to the NFL and if he's on ESPN everynight and breaking records then I will come on here and say "I was wrong".
But until then he is just like everyother overhyped player coming into the NFL. And if he is so un****inbelivable then why did he do anything ageinst Texas?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Reggie did that to everyone one but Eric Williams... I remember when he threw Larry Allen at Aikman:icon_lol:

Overhyped "The Boz" till he met "Bo knows"
Aint that they truth, man. Bo was the greatest athlete in the 20th century.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
come on man...Your gonna judge Reggie on one bad game against Texas....I guess you dont remember the Superman move he ran for a TD against Texas....If the Trojans knew how to tackle that game would have been another story dude.....but thats a whole different thread....

Vegas Lord

Awards
come on man...Your gonna judge Reggie on one bad game against Texas....I guess you dont remember the Superman move he ran for a TD against Texas....If the Trojans knew how to tackle that game would have been another story dude.....but thats a whole different thread....
Texas college D isnt even better than the Texans D. Reggie will be good, but he is going to get a beating in the NFL without an oline. I love Reggie Bush, but can you say he is the best "playmaker" in draft. Vince Young showed me more than Reggie did. I usually go by the "it" factor. Vince Young can literally carry an Nfl team on his back in due time. I remember Chriss Simms was interveiwed on the Dan Patrick Show and Simms said without hesistation (before Texas beat USC) that Young is going to be a great QB in the NFL.

My older brother is a Raider fan and he could land Vince. Raiders do retarded picks in the draft somtimes though.

Reggie has needs to stop running upright so much or he'll be on "JACKED UP" Reggie will be facing defenses that are 10 times more fast and confusing (Jacksonville, Colts)....it wont be easy.

Yea, Reggie is good. But he aint no Bo Jackson.... nobody is...Bo was bionic in the late "80s"

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who fears that with the texans O-Line bush's carreer will be short? he's gonna get smacked up the mouth big time.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ever Notice how Denver has always had one of the top 5 best O-Lines forever with a bunch of dudes that dont even make the Pro Bowl?? Oh yeah that insane Coach Kubiak....isnt he the Texans new head Coach.....There O-Line will improve....even if it doesnt...Barry Sanders didnt have much of an O-Line himself...all Reggie needs is one opening and its peace da hell out....Vince Young will be nada in the NFL...now that guy had all day with his line....come NFL time his side arm throwing style is gonna be good for holding clipboards

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Bush is #1... if not shades of Tony D to Dallas and Seattle got ummmm.... ahhhh.... yea 4 guys(1st and 3 2nds) who may have played but does anybody know who they were?

Dorsett went #2 who was #1? No cheating don`t look it up if you don`t know!

Vegas Lord

Awards
Ricky Bell to Tampa :rofl:
Thats not funny (Bucs fan).... It could be true though. Texans team does need many many holes filled up on the o-line or else Reggie will be on......................... "JACKED UP"

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Thats not funny (Bucs fan).... It could be true though. Texans team does need many many holes filled up on the o-line or else Reggie will be on......................... "JACKED UP"
:D

Ok in all fairness here`s one that I have been told but don`t remember. The Eagles(my team) won a game they shouldn`t have and thier reward?

Leroy Keyes instead of OJ!:run:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Texas will get a starting lineman top of the second round. With Johnson-Bush-Carr in house and an O friendly coach lineman will be willing to go there!

Bull Mkt

Awards
PEOPLE...PEOPLE...PEOPLE!!! Reggie Bush will be the number 1 pick and here's why. You can NOT pass up on a once in every 10-20 year type of scout profile regardless of how many holes your team has. One mistake people are making about judging who should go first is that they're assuming that the first pick will be an immediate impact player. Rarely does this happen. The coaches and GM's know this. That's why Houston picks up Reggie Bush, gives him a year or two to develop, and address the O-Line with the countless future opportunities that will present themselves through the next two years of free agency and even the 2007 draft. To pass up a scouting profile like Reggie Bush to fill immediate needs is absolutely stupid because the same argument that Reggie Bush is not a guarantee also pertains to D'Brickashaw, Leinert, Cutler, Hawk, Williams, Davis, etc... The most important thing about the draft that seperates NFL coaches/GM's from the fans is the fans want immediate solutions while the coaches/GM's are looking at the big picture.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
stay updated with Football man...Frisco just traded with Den and for the 22nd pick in the draft and they have the 6th overall pick...alot of speculation that they are trying to trade up to 1.1...Reggie might be going to Frisco

Bull Mkt

Awards
Frisco just gave up the only leverage they had to get to that spot...what else could they possibly offer to get the #1 from Houston?!? Next year's first round choice?!? Someone from their current roster?!? Please...

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no they didnt...they have 2 first rounds picks buddy.....they have pick #6 and #22....

Bull Mkt

Awards
Sorry but if Frisco trades up to the #1 by giving up what boils down to 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and 1 third round pick...all for one player, than I've given Nolan more credit to his intelligence than he deserves. When you finish last in defense and offense (I think that's where they finished) for the season, then giving up all of that for one player is just plain idiotic. Do they even have a competitive WR or TE? How will they address their D (or lack thereof)? They certainly haven't done anything in free agency. Compare this to a playoff contender like Denver who now has 7 picks in the first four rounds and you tell me who is in a better position...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sorry but if Frisco trades up to the #1 by giving up what boils down to 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and 1 third round pick...all for one player, than I've given Nolan more credit to his intelligence than he deserves. When you finish last in defense and offense (I think that's where they finished) for the season, then giving up all of that for one player is just plain idiotic. Do they even have a competitive WR or TE? How will they address their D (or lack thereof)? They certainly haven't done anything in free agency. Compare this to a playoff contender like Denver who now has 7 picks in the first four rounds and you tell me who is in a better position...
I definitely agree with you, I did not like the trade with Denver because they essentially gave up a 3rd round pick in order to move up 17 spots. I doubt there's such a huge drop off that would warrant giving up a third round pick, especially since they so many holes having lost Fred Beasley, Andre Carter, Julian Peterson, Brandon Lloyd and having many holes on top of that. If anything, I'd trade down from #6 to add 1-2 more picks in this draft. The only way I'd stay at #6 is if A.J. Hawk or Mario Williams are available.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How come Niner fans are over Vernon Davis whos a freak of nature....you guys need to get ur Boy A.Smith someone to throw the ball to