VT's marcus vick gone for good

G

grape ape

Awards
just heard on a local station that vick is officially gone. I'm a big tech fan but glad he's gone. I feel he is overated and a big embarasment to all tech fans. The team will be better off without him.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
He must have rejected the offered suspension, or probably showed his true aholeness when he met with Beamer.

Guess he figures he can live off Michael's money, he's probably right, good riddance.

G

grape ape

Awards
dont know if it is true but Ive heard many alumni were threatening to withhold $ if he didnt do something

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, good to see Beamer finally do something rather than sweep under the typical rug and suspend him for the 1st 3 games (against pansy teams).

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I saw his 'history' on ESPN.com. WTF was this guy allowed to play football for? He once got arrested or something for giving alcoholic drinks to 14 and 15 year old girls?!? What a douche!

The alumni said they would withhold their $$$ if Vick wasnt tossed. I'm glad something like this finally happened. That loser needs to re-evaluate himself and where he's going if he continues to act like a ghettofabulous "gangsta"

P-Rouds

P-Rouds

Awards
another piece of **** thug just like maurice clarett... except vick has his brothers name to carry him into the nfl:rant: makes me wanna **** my pants...

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Just read on ESPN.com about this. This kid doen't get it. He's acts like nothings wrong and it just means that he gets to the nfl sooner. And some dumbass GM will take a shot at him and he will screw up. He isn't even as good as his brother and his brother ain't all that.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He'll end up on the Raiders. That organization is full of thug idiots.

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i think he deserved it for the **** he pulled but im always upset to see so much talent wasted for no reason.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, He cost himself about 10 Million in lost wages. No draft, no endorsment deals, no "Vick brothers" cross promotion extravaganzas. No signing bonus, Maybe league minimum with incentives and a "Conduct detrimental to the team" clause, that even TO wouldn't sign. I can over look the 14 year old girls(it's a weakness), the weed, the drunkeness and the driving without a license.....But, to "stomp" on the leg of another player..absolutley UN FUCKING forgivable!!!..as any former defensive football player can tell you, there will not be a "play" in his NFL career that he will not get: Kicked , legs and neck twisted, spit on, fingered in the eye punched in the nuts and kidneys. Fifteen yards for a guy who has no respect or consideration for another humans being career or well being?... **** You! It's worth it every time. If you hav never had the opportunity to hear the dialoge at the bottom of a pile? It usally goes something like-" AAAAHHHH,...Welcome to the game muther fucker..you feel that ****, that's pain get used to it, you gonna step on my leg bitch!! fuckyou and your brother!!"( or something to that general effect ) He better get real tough in a hurry. There are 350lb guys whose "job" will be just to fall on him...(deep breath..relax okay), that being said he is a better passer than his brother..****'em anyway.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
This ain't the first time VaTech has had a thug on it's roster.
Jake Grove anyone?

It's the first time Beamer has shown any balls. Good for him.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
i hope he goes undrafted
Ditto. If he does you can bet your ass he's going to be like Mo Clerret. Not because he needs the money, he's got his brothers, but because he's just a bad seed.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Finally a big time school steps up to a spoiled punk who thinks he's God's gift to football.

LMAO @ jmh's comment, he'd fit nicely with Moss and that drunk Kerry Collins and the rest of that underachieving group.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
The Raiders sound like a prfect fit to me as well. Anyone that let's Romo stay after pounding away a teammate's season via his face could tolerate Vick. I'm sure Warren Sapp wouldn't mind having him. All that would be left to acquire are Keyshawn and TO. They could be the bad NFL version of the Yankees.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The Raiders sound like a prfect fit to me as well. Anyone that let's Romo stay after pounding away a teammate's season via his face could tolerate Vick. I'm sure Warren Sapp wouldn't mind having him. All that would be left to acquire are Keyshawn and TO. They could be the bad NFL version of the Yankees.
...even their kicker was busted in a club with GHB. Not that its a bad drug, but if your bringing it to a club..well you know. Vick would have trouble cracking the starting line-up talent wise, but he could hold for "kicks" ( there is a joke in there somewhere I just haven't found it yet ) oh wait here it is,... he could hold down 14 year old highschool cheerleaders while Janikowski pours GHB down their throats...it's up and it's good!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Janikowski - now there was a waste of a 1st round pick.

Who picks a kicker in the first?????

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
didnt the jets this year take that kicker from ohio state in the first? im not sold on vick being a lost cause just yet. like you all said, he has been spoiled but im waiting till he gets in the nfl and all of a sudden he has to answer to an nfl coach and his 52 teammates. right now he is immature, who's to say he cant grow up? what is he? 21? maybe im just an optimist.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
didnt the jets this year take that kicker from ohio state in the first? im not sold on vick being a lost cause just yet. like you all said, he has been spoiled but im waiting till he gets in the nfl and all of a sudden he has to answer to an nfl coach and his 52 teammates. right now he is immature, who's to say he cant grow up? what is he? 21? maybe im just an optimist.
Optimist. He won't grow up until his brother takes behind the wood shed 10-15 times and beats the piss out of him. Everybody has told him that he could be better then his brother and how great he was going to be. But he won't be because at that level (NFL) you have to work to be good. Rember what Vikings receiver Carter said to those rookies when they first came into the NFL? "Many of you are going to be thinking that how you were great in college and now you have your big contract and have been drafted, basicly made it in to the NFL, you can go out party everynight, chase women, and booze it up. And still be good on Sunday? You won't be you know why? Because there are guys like me that are working while you partying. You think you are going to bet me on talent alone...you won't" Or something like that. Look at all the later round draft picks that people said weren't going to be as good as their first round counter-parts. They worked harder to prove themselves. This kid won't. He never listens to anybody, even his brother.

P-Rouds

P-Rouds

Awards
luckyboy... a name has already been brought up earlier, maurice clarett. ummmm, yeah, he's around the same age, may be a year older. stomping his feet on the ground and pouting didn't work so he actually had to attempt to get drafted based on talent and maturity IMO. finally got picked up, dropped, and look where he's at now. now the **** he's been through, i think a normal person would kind of HAVE to or somewhat grow up in that situation... but no, instead let's try to rob someone and take their cell phone:blink: . but hey, every thug is diff.:)

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just another spoiled, worthless, self indulgent, asshole athlete, but he is good in sports, so lets draft him......
This crap really gets old !!!!!

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
lol i just saw on the espn ticker that marcus was arrested and charged on 3 counts of having a firearm or something like that. so much for his big turnaround. i guess i am an optimist. but just for argument's sake, i think clarrett was hurt the most by taking a year off, getting fat and becoming slow. do you think if he didnt bomb at the combine and blew people away both there and in camp that it wouldve mattered how he acted in college? i sure as hell dont. maybe im more of a realist when it comes to how nfl teams manage their players. loud mouths are only dealt with once it reaches maximum levels if you can play.

J

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im just sorry for him, the way he screwed up his life. that is all. no reason to hate him or expend any negetive feeling. he wasn't sorounded bys smart folks and made the wrong choices.

I hope he turns it around like I hope for any kid who is down.

If I were him I would shut my trap, go work hard and play in the CFL/XFL for a year, away form the medai and lights, and come back desciplined, better, and out of the heat. but he enters the draft. he will need to work his ASS off, and be flawless, because when everyone expects you to be something, its a self fullfilling prophecy and everyone expects him to fail.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Judge, would u still feel sorry for him if one of those teenagers, he pointed a gun at was your kid ???

P-Rouds

P-Rouds

Awards
no luckyboy, your completely right about clarett and the nfl only seeking talent. but if you can't manage a player and they affect the team... good reason for a big boot. i.e. owens. but... i don't think that him making it in the nfl would have made him an icon for society. possibly make it worse, successful nfl player, lots of money, and under the impression that they should get whatever you want. who knows, ppl do change sometimes. but in vicks "hothead" case, i doubt it. just another piece of **** with talent that needed to get **** canned IMO...

add sean taylor to the thuggish ruggish oakland possibilities too:)

J

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Judge, would u still feel sorry for him if one of those teenagers, he pointed a gun at was your kid ???
oh yes. after I kick his ass ofcourse:twisted: :nutkick: I try not to hate anyone, it never helped me long term.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
True about the hate, it will wear a person down. Vick is just a dumb little punk anyway.........

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
P,
S. Taylor isn't a thug.
He NEVER had any problems at Miami. I think he just gets too hyped. He needs to start using his brain. He just does dumb **** - he's not a criminal like Vick.
4 of his 6 fines have been either for wearing the wrong color socks or missing rookie orientation.

P-Rouds

P-Rouds

Awards
spits in dude's face... accused last season, then does it again this season and caught.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2075361
arrested in 04 for dwi charge...
then taylor strips a ball from a possible interception from his OWN teammate against the eagles cuz he wanted it... i dunno, sounds like a shady character to me:blink:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Point taken.

I've always maintained he's an idiot. He's done too many bone-headed plays on the field not to be called that.

It is so crazy to me that he never had any problems at Miami but now has had all this stuff in the NFL (wrong socks notwithstanding). I guess once he got out of the family atmosphere around the campus, he was left to his own vices.

Dude is one helluva player though.