An Apology to the Nation

Brock Landers

Awards
That was not the CANES you saw tonight. Than was a joke.......we will be better next year.......good job LSU, you kicked our ass all over the field.:jaw:

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
That was not the CANES you saw tonight.:jaw:
It did look like a bunch of blind 50 y/o women playing... If you want a good winning team to cheer for in a bowl game watch the Noles in the Orange bowl!

:bow28:

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I was really surprised at how Miami played and I definately know how it feels to have your team do horrible in a big game.

I bet Jmh was pretty pissed...lol.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
This game does make you wonder how good is Vtech or FSU? Anyways GO IRISH!!!!!! BEAT BUCKEYES!!!!!!!

size

Awards
  • Established
Flynn for the win. LSU should really consider moving Flynn into the starting role or Perrilleaux instead of giving the job to Russell.

LSU looked very solid last night, makes me wonder what the hell happened during the SEC champ game.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Flynn for the win. LSU should really consider moving Flynn into the starting role or Perrilleaux instead of giving the job to Russell.

LSU looked very solid last night, makes me wonder what the hell happened during the SEC champ game.

You think they're wondering just that in Baton Rouge? LSU probably has more NFL bound talent than any other team playing,we would have had another BCS controversy like Auburn last year if LSU had hit their stride earlier. I would love to see those two teams go at it again.

That team had a smooth cadence last night, it all begins and ends with the signal caller, Georgia Tech.
Jamarcus Russell has a strong arm, but Flynn's rythym and run ability of last night will get him serious consideration next year.

Jmh and Brock,
You guys are good bros, but I can't feel too sorry for Cane Nation, y'all have been the swaggering smack talkin hammer for so long, and been overdue to get nailed hard by someone.

Emotionally, being a football fan is a lousy proposition. Only one team of the 119 D1s will give their fans a fully satisfying experience each year, the other 99.15% of fans will get a varying amount of yearly disappointment, it's an emotional rollercoaster if you choose to ride it.

I like USC as a organization, but damn if all that greatest ever bandwagon bullshit fandom doesnt deserve a similar slap in the mouth.

Was there a brawl in the tunnel after the game?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think they're wondering just that in Baton Rouge? LSU has a much NFL talent as any Team, probably more, we would have had another BCS controversy like Auburn last year if LSU had hit their stride earlier. I would love to see those two teams go at it again.

That team had a smooth cadence last night, it all begins and ends with the signal caller, Georgia Tech.
Jamarcus Russell has a strong arm, but Flynn's rythym and run ability of last night will give him serious consideration next year.

Jmh and Brock,
You guys are good bros, but I can't feel too sorry for Cane Nation, y'all have been the swaggering **** talkin hammer for so long, you've been overdue to get nailed hard by someone.

Emotionally, being a football fan is a lousy proposition. Only one team of the 119 D1s will give their fans a fully satisfying experience each year, the other 99.15% of fans will get a varying amount of yearly disappointment, it's an emotional rollercoaster if you choose to ride it.

I like USC as a organization, but damn if all that greatest ever bandwagon bullshit fandom doesnt deserve a similar slap in the mouth.

Yes sir there was, and from what i heard EMTs and Paramedics were treating somebody as well who was lying flat on there back. Havnt heard much else.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
That was not the CANES you saw tonight. Than was a joke.......we will be better next year.......good job LSU, you kicked our ass all over the field.:jaw:
...was there ever a doubt? ( I know you remember that sign! ) LSU has made a habit of smacking down the pretenders over the years...catch that tiger!!!

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Pretenders? C'mon. The word is inconsistent, like LSU's performance versus Georgia. Where was all that talent when the SEC Championship was on the line ?

Enjoy it while it lasts. Next time around, the Canes will probably do the same to the Tigers.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
You think they're wondering just that in Baton Rouge? LSU probably has more NFL bound talent than any other team playing,we would have had another BCS controversy like Auburn last year if LSU had hit their stride earlier. I would love to see those two teams go at it again.

Jamarcus Russell has a strong arm, but Flynn's rythym and run ability of last night will get him serious consideration next year.

Jmh and Brock,
You guys are good bros, but I can't feel too sorry for Cane Nation, y'all have been the swaggering smack talkin hammer for so long, and been overdue to get nailed hard by someone.

I agree. I watched the game with about 5 people; and the most commonly used phrase was: "Why is THIS guy not the starting quarterback? This is amazing"

Of course Miami showed that great ACC defense (VA Tech or FSU anyone) that the media likes to harp on ;) I like Miami and hate LSU; but I gotta give props to LSU for that ass-whipping. Cant claim you have a good defense unless you're in the SEC is all I can say :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm ready for a new coaching staff and new AD.
I'm ready for Devin to turn pro. (He'll do that today.)
I'm ready for the pussies that we have that are merely waiting for an NFL paycheck to get the **** out.
If you don't want to play your ass off for The U, we don't want you.

The brawl was this: Dewayne Bowe knocked over a 12 yr. old UM ballboy and took his football. 3 UM players followed, and Bowe retreated like a pussy to the rest of his team. Khalil Jones, Bain, and Jon Beason went after him and the LSU pussies began to swing helmets (apparently our guys were without theirs). Jones got hit pretty hard on the side of the head with a helmet - had 6 stitches. Bain got kicked in the head on the ground with a cleat but declined medical attention.
In the locker room afterwards, some of the Dlineman found out and started to go find them, but it took most of the coaches to hold them back.

Fucking LSU pussies. Way to knock over a 12 year old kid.
Fucking thugs.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Apparently we just fired 4 assistant coaches including offensive coordinator Dan Werner.
That is 5 this season (included Greg Mark from late in the year).

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
It did look like a bunch of blind 50 y/o women playing... If you want a good winning team to cheer for in a bowl game watch the Noles in the Orange bowl!

:bow28:
Are you serious. Cash bet if you are!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The brawl was this: Dewayne Bowe knocked over a 12 yr. old UM ballboy and took his football. 3 UM players followed, and Bowe retreated like a pussy to the rest of his team. Khalil Jones, Bain, and Jon Beason went after him and the LSU pussies began to swing helmets (apparently our guys were without theirs). Jones got hit pretty hard on the side of the head with a helmet - had 6 stitches. Bain got kicked in the head on the ground with a cleat but declined medical attention.
In the locker room afterwards, some of the Dlineman found out and started to go find them, but it took most of the coaches to hold them back.

Fucking LSU pussies. Way to knock over a 12 year old kid.
Fucking thugs.
That is messed up.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
LSU should blame Katrina not the ball boy!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It appears that the ball boy incident did happen but not getting knocked down what actually happened..

LSU's Jacob Hester, who ran for 70 yards and a touchdown, said trash-talking began as normal banter and involved Tigers receiver Dwayne Bowe, a Miami native.

"We had a guy who is from Miami who was kidding around with one of his boys," Hester said. "Miami thought it was something serious. They came in the tunnel and they were swinging, but it was just a joke between friends."

Bowe, took the ball from the kid and then took off running with Hester in pursuit.. then all hell broke loose... personally BOTH teams were at fault for the whole thing.. and you might want to look at your own team before you go off calling another team thugs...

Brock Landers

Awards
Its ALL over the UM message boards that I go to (grassy.com) ......UM fans on the sideline of the game saw it just like that as well as a few LSU posters

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay.. well I was reading the national press and didn't see it except in one account and I revised what I said..
Also I don't like to take the word of UM or any other message board due to the natural bias but I will take your word for it.. thanks

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Matt - I see you negative repped me for that post. You aren't even an LSU fan.

Whatever.

There are too many folks saying Bowe knocked the kid over and took the ball for it to be "Miami heresay".

And, it's nice to hear these LSU fans around here talking about how "their kids had to stand up for themselves and beat up those Hurricanes". There were 3 Miami players - 3.
That's class right there.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I neg I would have done that to anyone that had defend anything about that fight.. it was total BS and both teams should take some type of meaningful action aganist all of those involved.. sorry but there is NO place for that type of ****

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I guess I agree with that line of thinking.

I'm pissed because if a Miami player had knocked over a 12 yr. old ball boy then retreated to the rest of the team which summarily beat the living crap with helmets out of 3 helmetless LSU players, every media outlet and college football fan would reenact Sports Illustrated's "Why Miami Should Drop Football" from 1995.

No one seems to care.
I'm tired of the double standard when it comes to Miami.