Tony Dungy's son James is dead - committed suicide.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Report: Dungy's 18-year old son dead

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's department is confirming the death of 18-year-old James Dungy.

Dungy, the son of former Buccaneers coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his North Tampa apartment by his girlfriend early this morning. A death investigation is going on now. At this time, it appears suicide is the cause of death.

At this time of year - man, this is bad. I really feel for the Dungy family.
R.I.P.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder why he commited suicide.

My heart goes out to the Dungy family as this is always a hard hard thing to deal with.

sandinsciuz

Awards
How awful. God bless them and their family.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
thats really sad. what could be so bad at 18 to kill yourself. but watch, they`ll blame it on roids somehow.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
Dungy always came across as a great coach and a great family man. Always respectful and never stooped down to a level that was below excellent. Such a class act that man is and i have the utmost respect for him.
same here.:goodpost:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
thats really sad. what could be so bad at 18 to kill yourself. but watch, they`ll blame it on roids somehow.
Sometimes when your 18 you don't realise that you will think completely different when you are older say 21. I know I always look back a few years and "..what was I thinking?...Things always change. That is the one consistancy of life.Unfortunately, 18 is too young to understand that reality.

ofcourse on a more cynical side:It makes no sense to kill your self when your dad is a millionaire,unless you are on drugs and can't handle the ups and downs or you are repressed about your sexual orientation.Maybe he took the Colts and gave the points versus the Chargers....It is sad when a parent outlives their child no matter what the cause, it is still a shock to the system..

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
ESPN article now saying it was painkiller overdose.

Same article gives good description of how many players will be sitting out.

"record-setting receiver Marvin Harrison, Pro Bowl linebacker Cato June and starting right tackle Ryan Diem"

"Also expected to sit are defensive linemen Corey Simon and Robert Mathis, who both have foot injuries. Pro Bowl safety Bob Sanders (back) and defensive tackle Montae Reagor (knee) may take Saturday off, too."

"And Manning, who has never missed a start in his eight NFL seasons, might not play much."

Polian said Manning has a sore knee then Manning denied it later in the week.

Looks like the Seattle game will be like the Denver game of last year possibly. Colts go in and try to keep their players healthy. I wonder if Seattle does the same thing.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the Seattle game will be like the Denver game of last year possibly. Colts go in and try to keep their players healthy. I wonder if Seattle does the same thing.
No. Seattle is playing for home field advantage.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Truly tragic, may God help Dungy and his family overcome this loss :sad:

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dungy always came across as a great coach and a great family man. Always respectful and never stooped down to a level that was below excellent. Such a class act that man is and i have the utmost respect for him.

This is a great post. I agree the man is the definition of class.