Gators recruit #1 HS QB in country

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Always great to pick up big recruits. Can't wait for the Army AA game and national signing day. Did I mention that the #1 RB/#1 recruit overall committed to OSU ages ago? ;)

AFOX

Awards
That guy is good, but Nebraska also got a big time QB. 6'6 235 Josh Freeman. He will also be in the Army All Star game. The Husker's will be back soon. Also, watch out Michigan in the Alamo Bowl. The Husker's are pumped for this game, and Michigan is not very excited to be in the Alamo.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I gave up looking at rankings a while ago.

We've had kids come in practially unranked (Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, Sinorice Moss, Sean Taylor, Warren Sapp) and play awesome. We've had highly ranked kids that have flooped (seemingly Ryan Moore, Magic Benton back in the day).

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Always great to pick up big recruits. Can't wait for the Army AA game and national signing day. Did I mention that the #1 RB/#1 recruit overall committed to OSU ages ago? ;)

#1 recruit to who Ohio State Fans? Espn top 150 has Wells as 27th top pick and the 3rd rated running back. I do know Scout.com has him rated #1 running back but not #1 pick. Tim Tebow is rated #3 QB and #15 pick overall on Espn. Scout.com has Mitch Mustain out of Arkansas #1 QB. But its nice to get the big names but heck Reggie Bush was a 4 star RB when recruited and M. Williams the WR from USC now with the Lions was a 3 star reciever out of high school.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/espn150?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fespn150

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Well, Scout did have Wells as a #1 overall anyway. The state playoffs around the nation probably shook up the rankings a bit, and since his team failed to even make the playoffs . . .

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
This is from Scout.com it is a list of team rankings as to position of players. Its on DBs now. This tells you how your favorite team ranks per position. You can change it by the quick link that shows postions off to the right.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=9&c=14&view=3&yr=2006

My favortie ND ranks as QBs 2nd, RB 1st, WR/TE Tie 2nd, OL 1st, DB 1st

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Nebraska has 8 JuCo commits. They're known for going after them, but can someone tell me why? Just curious.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I just don't buy into the hype of of high school recruits. There are countless kids who have been touted as saviors and had marginal careers at best. Dan Kendra, Ron Powlous, & Brock Berlin come to mind.

AFOX

Awards
Nebraska just had a big blow to their recruiting class today when Josh Freeman decommited and gave Kansas State his verbal. He said NU was leaning towards redshirting him, and he wants to play right away.
Oh well, you win some and you lose some. All in all this is still another good year for recruting for them, just like last year.
Callahan has pressure on him, but he does not have to win the Alamo bowl to keep his job. I think he has the program going in the right direction.

TheSwagger

Awards
Watch out for Ryan Mallet next year, from Texarkana, TX. I think he'll be a Wolverine and he'll be a great one.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I just have to say it....I TOLD YOU SO
I'm a UF fan...heck i go there, but I'm very carefull about not buying into all the HYPE around tebow yet. Leak was just as big when he got to UF as Tebow is now, look how that has changed in 3 years.

Also to say recruting rankings means nothing like some of you say is retarted. If that were the case we wouldn't have these college powerhouses who consistently get the best players in the nation and stay in the top 15 year in and year out. Recruting is complex...certain players work better in certain systems etc.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
H-Y-P-E.

Wait until he's got to face a Chavis D (or Miami's in '08 if we get Coker fired at the end of this year) live for the whole game. Instead of these gimicky plays.

He did play well against LSU though.
(That doesn't make him #1 though.)

BTW - where the hell you been Die???

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
H-Y-P-E.

Wait until he's got to face a Chavis D (or Miami's in '08 if we get Coker fired at the end of this year) live for the whole game. Instead of these gimicky plays.

He did play well against LSU though.
(That doesn't make him #1 though.)

BTW - where the hell you been Die???
Busy. I still lurk around the boards every now and then, but not much.

LSU had the #1 ranked rush defense in the country and Tebow bowled over their best player. SEC teams know he is going to run, they bring all their men on the line and he still averages 6 yards per carry.

Call it what you want (HYPE:icon_lol: ), but Tim Tebow is 6'3 and 225 lbs, runs better than some RBs, has a cannon for an arm and has the heart of a ****in bull. Tebow and this class have a VERY bright future...quote me

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
LSU had the #1 Pass Def. However even though teams know Tebow is going to run, they still aren't stacking the box. With a spread offense running 4 wide it's hard to stack the box for the run anways.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It is way different running out of the QB draw following the Guard and Fullback - than actually playing runningback. I worry about Tebow fumbling or getting his legs broken the way he runs. Some people are already drawing the Vince Young and Michael Vick comparsions... this is about the stupidiest thing I have ever heard.

Who is Tim Tebow??

He is Alex Smith!!!! (but slightly bigger and an inch shorter)
think Utah Meyer spread offense...

That is what Meyer wanted!!! That is why Mustain and the other QBs did not get a look.

Tebow isn't 6-3. He is 6-2 at best, I don't care what gatorzone says. I am on exactly eye level with him. Unless I am 6-3.

people in gainesville (not saying people in this thread) really don't understand football if they think we have Michael Vick.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't compare him to anybody. I just think hes going to be great. My team is 6-0, has 2 very good QBs and a very bright future. The 'Zook Factor' is officially gone.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i knew that would be taken the wrong way.. I just said people in Gainesville... no one on this thread.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
good good

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Die,
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

To parallel to football - at one point, Larry Coker coached THE best football team of all time and won a national title.

If the kid works out - I'll give him props.
Until then, he's a gimmick with free-throw TD's.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Die,

To parallel to football - at one point, Larry Coker coached THE best football team of all time and won a national title.

I'm at a loss of words. Also with the way all of your posts have been going I wont be suprised to see a headline on the news to the effect of "Coker was "tragically" kidnapped and is unable to coach this week" haha

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Die,

he's just a freshman JHM.. His playbook consists of 10 plays and an audible probably. The passes have at most, 2 reads. Nobody knows for sure exactly how he'll do. If he Alex Smith, we'll be just fine

What I do know for sure is, John David Booty is winning The Heisman next year... I'm only kidding.. settle down... :)