Niners win 28 to 25 (yes it's news).

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Niners= 1 and 0!!!!!

Here's to Niners fans.

What's up Iron Warrior.

Sorry, had to considering they only won 2 games last year and they're already halfway there in just week 1 of the season. Super Bowl XL here we come.

Icebrc

Awards
stupid interception

run the ball, kick the field goal and take it to OT
stupid martz

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Nice job. Gotta feel good to have a winning record.

Not to rain on the parade, but interesting fact: 3 more hookups for TDs, and Payton Manning-Marvin Harrison eclipse Steve Young-Jerry Rice as the most prolific duo in NFL history. Wouldn't think it would come this quickly.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
**** yeah :head: :dance: fells great to be a winning team once again. The front 7 looked awesome, watch out Eagles ! I was pissed at Barlow though, he needs to go. He fumbled and didn't gain more than 25 yards. He's 240 and tries to bounce to the outside way too many times. Only good thing he did was those 2 catches and run for the TD but he really let them down when they needed him to get some yards and keep the Rams offense off the field. For those who didn't watch the game, it may look like the defense gave up too much but they had serious heat on Bulger about 70% of his passes.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

Not to rain on the parade, but interesting fact: 3 more hookups for TDs, and Payton Manning-Marvin Harrison eclipse Steve Young-Jerry Rice as the most prolific duo in NFL history. Wouldn't think it would come this quickly.
Good point, Young and Rice would have had way more hookups if Young didn't miss so many games to injury, regardless, Harrison and Manning are the best hookup right now.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
That's right! NoCal homers are gonna pimp any win(s) we get! We'll take that 1-0 record for sure!

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I think it's a little deceiving. Harrison was drafted by the Colts in 1996 and was an immediate starter. Only 2 years later, Manning was drafted by the Colts and was an immediate starter. And they're still together. Rice was drafted in 1985 by SF and was a starter, but Young didn't become a starter in SF until 1991. There was some guy named Montana, or some **** like that, hooking up with Rice for those first five or six years. I think the Rice/Young duo would have put up nearly unattainable numbers if their carreers had lined up a little better.

dd

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think it's a little deceiving. Harrison was drafted by the Colts in 1996 and was an immediate starter. Only 2 years later, Manning was drafted by the Colts and was an immediate starter. And they're still together. Rice was drafted in 1985 by SF and was a starter, but Young didn't become a starter in SF until 1991. There was some guy named Montana, or some **** like that, hooking up with Rice for those first five or six years. I think the Rice/Young duo would have put up nearly unattainable numbers if their carreers had lined up a little better.

dd
Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better myself. Next week we take on the Eagles in Philly. SF 38 Philly 35.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's right! NoCal homers are gonna pimp any win(s) we get! We'll take that 1-0 record for sure!
Damn right. I will pimp the NFC West leading 49ers evry time again. I can now talk **** to Raider fans :head:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The celebrating is over and the Earth's equilibrium is now back to normal after the Niners got fucking spanked!, 42 to 3 by the Eagles. Who said Mcnabb wasn't that good? What can I say, the Niners are horrible. Besides, the Raiders lost again, so we're still the best team by the bay. Oh well, we still have the 80's and 90's to look back on right.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
lol i didnt want to be the one to bump this thread. the optimism of this thread had me speechless but coming from chicago where the universal sports phrase is "next year is the year" i understand completely.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
who are the 49er's???
ok, so the NoCal's are taking some today. We can hang with it. That was a freaking smackdown. We're in a "building" year....don't you love it when you hear that? Or is it a building decade???

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
don't you love it when you hear that? Or is it a building decade???
Yeah I guess that's a good excuse but I haven't seen a Super Bowl since 1994, my patience is wearing thin.

BTW, I expected a much tougher battle than 42-3. The Eagles rolled up almost 600 yards of offense ! ! ! It looked like a game between a varsity squad against a JV squad. Their only hope was for Barlow to have a good day so they can shorten the game, and win the turnover battle that's really the only hope a bad team has week in and week out. Barlow hasn't had a good game in ages and if doesn't start doing something soon his ass will be cut and looking for work with Maurice Clarett.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
i think my local high school would have put up a better fight than what they did u should never ever lose by 39 pts...

az2u

Awards
The defense will bounce back. The return(?) of Eric Johnson will help the offense. Rattay needs to get his **** together, otherwise the 9ers are in for a long demoralizing season. Keep the faith. Go 49ers!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The defense will bounce back. The return(?) of Eric Johnson will help the offense. Rattay needs to get his **** together, otherwise the 9ers are in for a long demoralizing season. Keep the faith. Go 49ers!
Eric Johnson is out for the season :sad:

BTW, what the **** is wrong with them, they snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory. The secondary let us down big time :rant: there were some bright spots though. Bryant Young is looking awesome, Barlow played well and Gore did good too. Battle, Lloyd, and Rattay impressed me. Hopefully they can do the same on road games this year. **** that secondary , goddammit. At least Cal won to ease the frustration :rant:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Eric Johnson is out for the season :sad:

BTW, what the **** is wrong with them, they snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory. The secondary let us down big time :rant: there were some bright spots though. Bryant Young is looking awesome, Barlow played well and Gore did good too. Battle, Lloyd, and Rattay impressed me. Hopefully they can do the same on road games this year. **** that secondary , goddammit. At least Cal won to ease the frustration :rant:
Until Cal plays USC that is. The Niners have the Cards next week. Their only two wins last year came against the Cards so you would think it should be a gimme.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Until Cal plays USC that is. The Niners have the Cards next week. Their only two wins last year came against the Cards so you would think it should be a gimme.
Hopefully Julian Peterson will predict another win this week and get it right. They should be able to beat the Cards but their playing in Mexico City and the pollution and altitude make it worse than playing at Mile High but I'm confident the 49ers will win at least 6 this year, they just really worry me when they go on the road, they're a different team outside of Candlestick.

Yeah the Trojans are looking awesome, the local media even ripped them after a 45-13 win on the road against a ranked opponent LMAO, I remeber when the 49ers used to get ripped by the media for not winning convinvingly enough. Cal does have injury problems but both Ayoob and Forsett have played done good enough to make us forget about Marshawn Lynch. The Trojans will have to get it done at Memorial stadium and they didn't beat Cal who was more overmatched by USC that year than this year

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Tough day yesterday IW. The D gave up.

We had that game won.

az2u

Awards
Sounds like Nolan is getting ready to can some players .

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I know the secondary is banged up, but what the hell. Next year when they have the number one pick, they might want to invest in a really good defensive back or maybe a some decent offensive lineman to protect Alex Smith or some offensive players or someone who can tackle or someone who can hold onto the football or...They really, really suck.

az2u

Awards
They sucked big time. If the 49ers were to get the #1 pick next year that would be bitter sweet. They would have a lot of teams willing to deal. Plus they will have room under the salary cap to sign a couple free agents. I hope they can get a draft pick for Winborn. Hopefully things will turn around.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Tough day yesterday IW. The D gave up.

We had that game won.
Tough day again bro, starting to look like a tough season again.

BTW, do you guys just say to hell with it and play Alex Smith for the rest of the season because Rattay can't do **** unless he's playing at Candlestick. Rattay IMO is nothing more than a decent backup, the guy just doesn't have NFL stardom talent

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Tough day again bro, starting to look like a tough season again.

BTW, do you guys just say to hell with it and play Alex Smith for the rest of the season because Rattay can't do **** unless he's playing at Candlestick. Rattay IMO is nothing more than a decent backup, the guy just doesn't have NFL stardom talent
That's a tough question. I don't know if subjecting Smith to taking an ass pounding game after game is in their best interest. Look at what it has done to Carr in Houston. Then again, Rattay is just a decent backup and Smith is the future of this franchise. I think Rattay will be put on a short leash and if Nolan decides that Rattay just isn't getting the job done, Smith will begin to see more snaps.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
OK so the Colts only had 5 sacks and 4 interceptions. Smith played a horrible game; 9 of 23 for 74 yards and 2 fumbles (1 lost). Growing pains; all good QB's have them.
Man that was horrible to watch. Smith does have an impressive arm and I could definitely see he is able to make many throws and plays that Rattay would never make. Good thing the defense stepped up. The Colts had good field position most of the time and the 49ers defense gave up 21 points and became the first team to sack Manning plus they got 2 picks on him. That's not bad considering Manning had 2 picks entering the game and the 49ers had a bunch of scrubs in the secondary. Barlow and Gore ran very good, they will have to keep this up so that defenses can lay off of Smith a little. Give us 3 years, a good receiver and our current defense and we'll be back.

az2u

Awards
The bye week couldn't have come at a better time. 49ers need help on the O-line.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Alex Smith is now the undesputed starter. Tim Rattay has been traded to the Bucs for an undisclosed 2006 draft pick. The future is now Niners fans.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To bad they never show niner games near Chicago :(

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the niners are getting raped right now by the skins...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
52 to 17. Wow, I watched the first half of that game until they switched over to another. They suck real bad. I don't even think they could beat the Trojans at this point.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
52 to 17. Wow, I watched the first half of that game until they switched over to another. They suck real bad. I don't even think they could beat the Trojans at this point.
But they will get Reggie Bush out of USC next year if they keep it up and hopefully a solid receiver

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I would love to have Bush on my team. From the looks of it, he'll probably end up being the number one pick. The Niners have Smith and the Texans have Carr.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Green Bay may get the one pick... now that Farve is on his OWN!

schroeder

Awards
the draft's looking pretty weird right now. who takes leinart if houston, san fran, and green bay have the top 3 picks? chances are he'll fall to the jets around the 5th pick. the brick from virginina goes #1 overall to houston. bush will be #2 regardless of the team.

az2u

Awards
Does anyone think the 49ers should still try to sign Julian Peterson? Is he worth the $$$. Injury prone and salary cap have to be considered.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
He's still pretty young, but I would try to trade for an extra draft choice if it were up to me. The team needs a complete overhaul. I think GB is a better team than either the Niners or the Texans. They also play in a weak ass division. It will come down to the Texans and Niners for the number one pick.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
the draft's looking pretty weird right now. who takes leinart if houston, san fran, and green bay have the top 3 picks? chances are he'll fall to the jets around the 5th pick. the brick from virginina goes #1 overall to houston. bush will be #2 regardless of the team.
But I doubt the Jets would pick Leinart because they have invested their money on Pennington and they have many veterans who don't want to feel like they're rebuilding.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone think the 49ers should still try to sign Julian Peterson? Is he worth the $$$. Injury prone and salary cap have to be considered.
No, he's weak against the run. IMO, a linebacker has to be a good run stopper above everything else. He's also injury prone like you mentioned. I'm still upset they traded Winborn for practically nothing :rant:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Awesome win for Dorsey.
Great to see he and the Niners win.

Also good news that the Texans won today, so we are only a game better than they and the Packers for the 1st pick.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Awesome win for Dorsey.
Great to see he and the Niners win.

Also good news that the Texans won today, so we are only a game better than they and the Packers for the 1st pick.
That's right, you're a Miami fan right, and Dorsey is a Miami Alumn. C'mon guys, we need that top pick!

BMW

Awards
  • Established
it would be my dream for miami to get marcus vick or leinart

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's right, you're a Miami fan right, and Dorsey is a Miami Alumn. C'mon guys, we need that top pick!
Yeah now that they're going no where they will win just enough to miss Reggie Bush. Good win none the less, they shut down the Caddie.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Who knows, with Barlow playing better and Gore doing a decent job of backing him up maybe they don't need Bush. They need a good go to guy for Smith to throw to besides Lloyd, and lots of protection on the O-line. Either way, I hope they make the most of their first round draft choice next year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
By the way, did guys like the new old school uniforms like the one Montana has in my avatar, I love those unies. I hope the change is permamnet. Those unies also remind me of Super Bowls.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Who knows, with Barlow playing better and Gore doing a decent job of backing him up maybe they don't need Bush. They need a good go to guy for Smith to throw to besides Lloyd, and lots of protection on the O-line. Either way, I hope they make the most of their first round draft choice next year.
That was supposed to be Rashawn Woods but he's no where near the field, I'd also like to see Derrick Hamilton play at receiver. Hamilton has great potential and physical abilities but I've only seen him in special teams a few times

az2u

Awards
I bet the 49er organization is regretting sighning Barlow to a contract. Reggie Bush is a good runner but it's his receiving skills which make him an offensive weapon.