Hokie nation

grape ape

Awards
Any ACC fans out there? So far who do you pick for the ACC?

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I still like Va Tech, altho the road to a repeat in the ACC is going to be a lot harder this year with the addition of BC and a championship game. Miami will do well but will struggle with the new qb, Fla St will probably be the same. We all saw that on Monday night. Plus Miami goes to Blacksburg I believe this year. And last but not least Marcus looked eerily similar to his brother.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
We won't struggle with respect to our QB. We've got a great QB. That is readily apparent to me.

We'll struggle with a poor O-line. But Wright can mitigate some of that with throwing the ball away.
If Devin Hester can settle down on special teams and not make the stupid mistakes because of trying to press and if Jon Petty can settle down on field goals, we can beat VTech at Blacksburg.

grape ape

Awards
It surprised me how calm (settled) marcus was starting his first college game and being down early in the game. just didn't seem to bother him veryu much. It seems VT doesn't play very well against teams they are favored against. I feel that they will lose a couple of games even though I'm a big VT fan. Just got to be realistic.

goldenchild777

Awards
I'm from Blacksburg, would like to see them go all the way!!! go Hokies!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The ACC looks good.

We've got 6 ranked teams. That might be the most in all of college football.
Regardless, I don't think one team will walk over the conference this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner w/ 1 loss.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I am really excited about this year in the ACC, especially becuase I go to VT. This year we have a ton of ranked teams and the conference is really coming along well. Hopefully we do not have a repeat of 2003 season where we let the rankings and other stuff get to our heads. I personally think that for the ACC championship it will be us vs. Boston College as miami and fsu will struggle with their qb's. But Miami's RB Moss is a beast and will be hard to stop.

grape ape

Awards
If anyone has access to any of the home games tics esp. miami please let me know, although I'm sure it's a long shot.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
grape ape, tickets are really scarce this year. Students are having a hard time getting them, often having to resort to buying them from scalpers. However, I have seen some on ebay, just look about a 2 weeks before the game.

grape ape

Awards
apreciate it jaymode, Just curious. You never know. I work at a company in roanoke va. but sometimes work on equipment on campus but have never been to a game in Blacksburg. Heck, before a game you would think that you were in blacksburg by the way people act and dress. Guess you may already know that though.

grape ape

Awards
VT is looking very good but I still think that the offense isnt running as smoothly as it could be. Just worrys me anytime they play WV. Always a good game.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
since i'm back in VA again, guess i'm rooting for VT. i keep track of it, but don't really watch the games too close.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
So is the game in Charlottesville or Blacksburg this year? Looks to be a good one this time around.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
the game is at WV this week. regardless ive been really impressed with the hokies this year. their defense is insane and the offense consistently turns turnovers into points. i just wish i got to see more of them on tv here in chi. the acc doesnt get much coverage in big ten country.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
marcus vick is incredible. thats all i have to say. 15-17 177yds and 70+yrds rushing, 2 td passes 1 running and no pics. wow.

grape ape

Awards
I must agree with you luckyboy. He defenitly was. Dont know if you know it but before the game , the police said that everyone in the town of morgantown w.v. had to remove all flamable furniture from their porches and yards or they would be fined and the local authorities would remove it for them. Usualy the games get pretty rough. Many tech fans wont go up there for the game but if they do, they take hard hats or helments. One more thing I thought was pretty cool. They showed daryl tapp the defensive lineman , cutting up turf from the endzone of WV and putting it in the lunch pail that they take to all of the games and if they win a away game they cut up turf from the other teams endzone and put in the old beat up antique metal lunch pail and take it with them. Blue collar brotha.

rwill2001

Awards
marcus vick is incredible. thats all i have to say. 15-17 177yds and 70+yrds rushing, 2 td passes 1 running and no pics. wow.
Little Ronnie Mexico will do great till a never before seen STD brings him down right before the ACC championship game against FSU.

<hopes an FSU fan>

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I know how Miami will beat VT.

Ala Jerome Brown waking up The Boz and OU's QB Jamelle Holliday at 3am by calling their hotel rooms the night before the '86 Orange Bowl, we'll send up some 16 year old hottie to Marcus' room the night before the game then call the cops about 3 mins. later.

Cuz you know Vick a "Minute Man". :stick:

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Somone please smack VT and their thug qb for me.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Marcus had very Mike-like numbers last night 211 yds passing 3 ints no tds and 133 yds rushing but they still won. haha. must run in the family. regardless, 7-0!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What in God's name are the Hottie Totties? Or whatever they kept saying on the PA.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Ms. Cleo told me BC wins tonight. Just thought I'd let the Blacksburgh faithful know.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
if i was a betting man i would go against every pick that binge throws out there lol no offence of course. va tech wins again! i keep crossing my fingers for a usc loss. id love to see marcus vick go against vince young for the championship!

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
USC won't lose, neither will Texas or Va Tech, so someone will get Auburned this year, same old, same old till we get a +1 game, three years I would say.

IMO, if both Va Tech and Texas win out, Va tech will to go to the Rose before Texas on strength of schedule, but I'm not sure who they will play, most likely the Trojans. I like both teams, but I I would prefer to see the Hokie D against USC more than Texas. and I think Va Tech's offensive consistentcy matches up better with the Men of Troy than the Texas gunslinging style.

The Hokie D has so much attitude, feasting on Leinart and Bush or getting slapped down by them would be mucho entertaining.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
if i was a betting man i would go against every pick that binge throws out there lol no offence of course. va tech wins again! i keep crossing my fingers for a usc loss. id love to see marcus vick go against vince young for the championship!
You really don't think that I actually believed that BC could beat VT at the Burgh, do you? No offence taken. Most of my picks are just random from the better matchups each week.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
IMO, if both Va Tech and Texas win out, Va tech will to go to the Rose before Texas on strength of schedule, but I'm not sure who they will play, most likely the Trojans. I like both teams, but I I would prefer to see the Hokie D against USC more than Texas. and I think Va Tech's offensive consistentcy matches up better with the Men of Troy than the Texas gunslinging style.

The Hokie D has so much attitude, feasting on Leinart and Bush or getting slapped down by them would be mucho entertaining.
i agree! on all these sports shows i hear analysts talking about how great texas would match up because of their 6th ranked d. well... apparently they havent looked at the stats because va tech is 1st in points allowed per game and 2nd in yards. and they are fast! i remember the game they played last year where va tech was winning until some injuries happened. id love to see tech be able to get another shot at them.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Strength of schedule is a non-factor in the BCS rankings. It used to be and it should be, but it's not anymore.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Strength of schedule is a non-factor in the BCS rankings. It used to be and it should be, but it's not anymore.
Strength of schedule isnt...

But I'm pretty sure wins against ranked teams ARE... which Texas doesnt play anymore this year... and USC and VA Tech both play several (UCLA, Miami, etc)

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
not to mention strength of schedule has some influence on the human polls

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
not to mention strength of schedule has some influence on the human polls
Right. SOS is no longer a seperate category but the strength of the remaining schedule as it will influence the Harris and Coaches polls, 2/3rds of the BCS point scoring and it's a factor in at least some of the computer rankings.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
miami is coming up this weekend in blacksburg. should be amazing and hopefully va tech will start to receive some recognition for the great team that they are!

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
miami is coming up this weekend in blacksburg. should be amazing and hopefully va tech will start to receive some recognition for the great team that they are!
I really hope we start getting recognition. I am getting tired of guys on ESPN like Lee Corso saying that we can not hang with Texas or USC.

Personally Texas is my second favorite team and would really love to play them, but I want to get back at USC for that loss last year. We had a lot of momentum going in that game until a few bad calls and injuries cost us the game.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's right Hokies. Keep looking ahead to the Rose Bowl. ;)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
That's right Hokies. Keep looking ahead to the Rose Bowl. ;)
I hate to cheer against a team, but I'm cheering against VaTech come Saturday

GO CANES :) Bump Bama into #3 for me ;)

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i saw something on sportscenter this morning about how miami thinks va tech is looking past them to a possible championship. if ANYBODY on va tech looks past miami, god help them in this game because it is not something to just write off. should be a classic in blacksburg. wish i could be there!

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line is that the BCS is a terrible system that has only become worse and worse with the adjustments and changes made each year.

It would be great (in one way) to see USC, Texas, Va Tech, and Alabama ALL end the season undefeated. THEN perhaps there would be enough outcry to rid us of this horrid system and give us what we've needed all along; skipping the next fiasco, the plus-one scenario, and establishing a playoff.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I'm becoming a growing proponent of the +1 system. I don't like a playoff for CFB, but something needs to be done. The AP is bias, the coaches don't watch the games, and the BCS system is 50% garbage. It gives us a NC game, but someone always seems to be left out.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Here's my pick for the game:
The Canes win in one of the best college football games in recent memory.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hi Hokies. See my post above.

I was at the game in '03. I've seen pics of your kids practially shitting on the OB turf last year.

Payback is a bitch, ain't it.
Welcom to Canesburg, VA.
:bow28:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I really hope we start getting recognition. I am getting tired of guys on ESPN like Lee Corso saying that we can not hang with Texas or USC.

Personally Texas is my second favorite team and would really love to play them, but I want to get back at USC for that loss last year. We had a lot of momentum going in that game until a few bad calls and injuries cost us the game.

bwahahahhaahahhaahhahahahaha

recognotion

u cant hang with texas

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
For the record jmh, that certainly WASN'T one of the best college football games... in recent memory or otherwise. It WAS however a great game for Miami; specifically, a statement about tradition and pride.

Va Tech pulled an Oklahoma.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I say it was one of the best college football games.
So, there.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
and after all that has happened the hokies get to play an AWFUL fla st team for the acc champ and get to a bcs bowl. i think beamer needs to send a fruit basket to goergia tech!

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I read in the newspaper that beamer is already gonna pick up the tab for their dinner at his restauraunt the next time GA TECH comes up here.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
The Seminoles of Florida State!
F-L-O-R-I-D-A......S-T-A-T-E
FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!!
Woooooooooooooooo!!!!
:woohoo:

Thats right 2005 ACC Champions Bit*hes!!!!
:bow28:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
If the Seminoles and Hokies played ten games starting tommorow, the Hokies would win seven of them. Last night's performance was pitiful, but I still like them. The good Hokies will probably show up and ass rape whoever they play in a bowl, and if there's justice in the world, the Seminoles will be appropriatley rewarded for their 3 loss and a Hokie retard performance championship.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
VaTech plays Louisville in the Gator Bowl. L'ville is without their QB and best Dlineman.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
If the Seminoles and Hokies played ten games starting tommorow, the Hokies would win seven of them. Last night's performance was pitiful, but I still like them. The good Hokies will probably show up and ass rape whoever they play in a bowl, and if there's justice in the world, the Seminoles will be appropriatley rewarded for their 3 loss and a Hokie retard performance championship.

Wow, look at that, this guy can predict the future:jaw: College football is so very unpredictable. Last nights game revealed what Florida State has under the hood. So the Hokies just had a bad game against Miami too? A fast defense is VaTechs worst nightmare. You shut down Marcus Vick, you shut down the Hokies, period. ACC Champs bitches!!!!!! We won when we had to, that is all....