Week 1: And Oklahoma loses to...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
TCU. Pathetic. Not a huge college football fan, but since there's nothing else on anyways, I went ahead and watched a few games today and kept track of all of the others (that mattered). Just wanted to see if anyone else had some input on Week 1. ND is stomping Pitt. USC, of course is blowing the Rainbow (gay) Warriors out. I'm watching Clemson and Texas A&M right now. Pretty good game. GT and Auburn seems to be a good game as well.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I was there, I am pissed, end of discussion

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Season ain't over, dsl. You can pretty much count on Texas to blow it in a big game... ;) [prepares to draw wrath of Texas nation].

Lot of teams start off a little slow and pick it up. We'll see.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Season ain't over, dsl. You can pretty much count on Texas to blow it in a big game... ;) [prepares to draw wrath of Texas nation].

hell, at this rate we'll be lucky to make it to a bcs bowl...I guess I just have to accept that stoops is trying to build the team back up and this year will just be a practice run

charliewat

Awards
Texas is taking an "L" to O-State next week, the bucks got the best D in the country.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Texas is taking an "L" to O-State next week, the bucks got the best D in the country.
The Dairy Cows are done next week. 3 missed PAT's today, a suspect secondary, and a qb with no arm. No way they come to the Shoe and win. Can't wait to have a OSU-USC Rose Bowl again this year, the way it should always be.

Oh yeah, and Cryami will lose tomorrow night 37-14 (and I freaking hate FSU).

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah what the hell happened to OU, they didn't even look like a top 25 team. They were out hit by TCU at Norman. If that's a preview of what's to come then Texas will rule the conference. Notre Dame surprised me but they still have a tough schedule so they're doomed. I was also surprised to see Tennessee squeak by 7 and Boise St showed they don't belong with the big boys

BTW, Cal won :head:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yeah UGA destroyed Boise St.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Auburn and Oklahoma have the same problems: Lost lots. Got youth/inexperience at QB.

I hated seeing AU go down like that in a home opener after such a season last year, but the fact is, it was half-way expected. I think OU losing to Tech is far more of an upset. I also think Tennessee having so much trouble with UAB (who was in the red zone and throwing into the end zone at the end of the game trailing by 7) is not a good sign for TN.

BUT...

The worst thing about this weekend?

Now we'll have the Irish fans all coming out and saying, "Yay! Notre Dame is back baby!" Of course, if you mean that last year's Notre Dame team would have likely dropped this game against Pitt while this one did not, then you could be right. However, beating up on a Pitt team who, when we last saw them, ended last season with a 35-7 drubbing at the hands of Utah, is not really that impressive.

And people are giving Meyer, at FLA, a lot of credit for winning his opener. A homer against Wyoming. Also, not impressive by any means.

Still, it's a W for both of those schools. Something AU and OU do not have.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little angry I didn't stay awake and watch the rest of the Clemson, Texas A&M game. I come to find out this morning that the Tigers won it with a field goal with 6 seconds left. And that's why they have the 2 point conversion folks. What was A&M thinking?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established

yeah, it's better to lose early in the season than later, for sure, but it sure looks ugly...

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
As in Texas? Matt, I thought you were a better man than that...lol.
No no as in Ga Tech.. Not that I have anything against the boys from College Station... they did give us the Bear :D

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It was a great day for college football. Auburn went down too, what else can we ask for? OSU defense looks SOLID, can't wait to see them and Texas next week. UM and FSU monday night too !!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about my Gators!! WOOHOO!!
Chris Leak goes 26-32 and thats not good enough for Coach Meyer. He said after the game that he was upset by the play of the offense. :lol:

Brock Landers

Awards
The Dairy Cows are done next week. 3 missed PAT's today, a suspect secondary, and a qb with no arm. No way they come to the Shoe and win. Can't wait to have a OSU-USC Rose Bowl again this year, the way it should always be.

Oh yeah, and Cryami will lose tomorrow night 37-14 (and I freaking hate FSU).

Id like to see how you think FSU is going to come close to scoring 37 points on our D.

But.......you sound like an OSU fan, so I can understand the delusional thinking.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Id like to see how you think FSU is going to come close to scoring 37 points on our D.

But.......you sound like an OSU fan, so I can understand the delusional thinking.
OK, so I may be just trying to start ****, but I still think a national Monday night game at FSU falls heavily in their favor. Please, just don't let it come down to a FG again.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Binge,
You and I will never agree on College Football. But you really can't think that FSU will score anything over 14-17 points.

I mean come on. They are starting a NEW QB against a team that returns 10 starters.

We are also starting a new QB. But they've had some losses on D. Chief among them is their CB Antonio Cromartie (best cover corner in the country).

I think the total score is less than 20 points. We have an advantage with our field goal kicker.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

He's just doing it to support Lake bro nothing against the U :D

BTW, I think the U wins 26-13

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I say Miami wins 17-7

I still say FSU's defense is their strong-point

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
All I have to say is it is a new day in San Jose! We came back to beat Eastern Washington 35-24 under the leadership of coach tomey. We got Illinois next week in Champagne,yikes! Our defense is looking better but I think Illinois just has too much depth for us. Our speed might keep us in it, but not after the 3rd quater.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Phil,
You'll be glad to hear that the Illini are coached by the worst "game day coach" in the history of college football - Ron Zook.

So, based on that, I'd have to think SJSU has quite a good chance at a win.