2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

Page 1 of 25 123 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

2016 is over,
    The draft is coming up, NFL Trades, Free Agency, and the upcoming season.

Kicking it off:

Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has withdrawn from a group of NFL players planning to visit Israel next week.
    Myles Garrett, projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft, says he won't be attending the event (Thats ridiculous IMO)

Some History:
    25 Years Ago Today: The Atlanta Falcons trade a quarterback named Brett Favre to the Green Bay Packers.
    Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

2. Why is it ridiculous for Garrett to want to watch the draft at home with his friends and family?
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Why is it ridiculous for Garrett to want to watch the draft at home with his friends and family?
    If you know you are going #1. You would think you would want to be present for the NFL Draft and be honored with the commissioner on stage. I can almost guarentee its a free trip for him and some of his close friends/family memebers.

i Know Mariota did it when he got drafted to TN and stayed home in Hawaii. I would just think on these guys big day getting into the NFL which is a dream come true for them they would want to be there. At least in my perception.

Family does come first, but its getting ludicrous that college football players are sitting out bowl games in prep for the columbine or not showing up to events of them getting drafted into the NFL for "personal reasons". Just my stance.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  4. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    If you know you are going #1. You would think you would want to be present for the NFL Draft and be honored with the commissioner on stage. I can almost guarentee its a free trip for him and some of his close friends/family memebers.

i Know Mariota did it when he got drafted to TN and stayed home in Hawaii. I would just think on these guys big day getting into the NFL which is a dream come true for them they would want to be there. At least in my perception.

Family does come first, but its getting ludicrous that college football players are sitting out bowl games in prep for the columbine or not showing up to events of them getting drafted into the NFL for "personal reasons". Just my stance.
    Fair enough. I have a differing opinion but can respect that. And I hope they arent skipping bowl games for columbine.... I think that if your team isn't playing for a big bowl and you dont care about disrespecting your program and teammates so much to the point where you feel like it's worth sitting out the game, then thats your right. I completely understand why some people would do such given the chance for a big injury that could be a huge detriment to their draft position and financially on any given play.
    Training log:

5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Fair enough. I have a differing opinion but can respect that. And I hope they arent skipping bowl games for columbine.... I think that if your team isn't playing for a big bowl and you dont care about disrespecting your program and teammates so much to the point where you feel like it's worth sitting out the game, then thats your right. I completely understand why some people would do such given the chance for a big injury that could be a huge detriment to their draft position and financially on any given play.
    Agree with this too.
    But lets also say this.. Do star players sit out of games vs teams they know they are going to blow out? Every conference has those teams where they win by 30-40 points but yet the star players still play. Any game and any play is the risk of an injury.

Bowl games are great chances for NFL Scouts to also look at these players when playing in better competition. Compared to teams they will destroy by 3-4+ touchdowns.

Again we each have our own opinion. I would rather see them play. You have supported a team for 2-3-4 years, go out and finish what you started in your final game with that college.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Agree with this too.
    But lets also say this.. Do star players sit out of games vs teams they know they are going to blow out? Every conference has those teams where they win by 30-40 points but yet the star players still play. You know your going to win, it is just as much of a risk of an injury as sitting out a bowl game.

Bowl games are great chances for NFL Scouts to also look at these players when playing in better competition.

Again we each have a good opinon. I would rather see them play. You have supported a team for 2-3-4 years, go out and finish what you started.
    Nick Chubb, Jaylon Smith, Todd Gurley, Marcus Lattimore, Ja Clowney.. etc
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Nick Chubb, Jaylon Smith, Todd Gurley, Marcus Lattimore, Ja Clowney.. etc
    Speaking of Smith
    How do you see him with the Cowboys next year now that he will be cleared to play after sitting out with his injury?
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Speaking of Smith
    How do you see him with the Cowboys next year now that he will be cleared to play after sitting out with his injury?
    He's posted drills with him cutting and stuff. Apparently his nerves are doing well too.
    Olympus Labs Demigod

9. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Maybe he's just not that excited over going to Cleveland lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    Maybe he's just not that excited over going to Cleveland lol
    Who could blame him?

11. On Peyton Manning, one player's opinion:

To me,*he's [Peyton] the greatest of all-time.

So when you watch the best and you're able to learn from the best, hopefully that helps me get better.
    Without Google, can anyone guess who said this?

Note: not trying to rekindle the argument, just sharing an old interview I recently stumbled upon.

12. Im gonna guess Luck
    Training log:

13. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Im gonna guess Luck
    Negative ghostrider.

14. Not Brock is it

15. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    Not Brock is it
    Nope. I was waiting to see if someone guessed him since it seems like something he would say.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    On Peyton Manning, one player's opinion:

Without Google, can anyone guess who said this?

Note: not trying to rekindle the argument, just sharing an old interview I recently stumbled upon.
    Brady IIRC
    Olympus Labs Demigod

17. Hint: He is a starter for another team.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Brady IIRC
    That's it!

19. About players skipping out on draft night...we live in the age of entitlement boys
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

20. A starter??? Peyton had the back up scrub in Indy then in den he had osweiler, tebow don't count bc he was let go when Peyton got there. Not Brock so who was his backup that first year

21. It was back in 2011 when he was being interviewed about a NFL top 100 list that ranked him as #1 and Manning as #2.

22. Oh that makes sense then lol

23. I was about to try and delve into who backed him up fir the vols. Thanks k god someone got it b4 I tried thinking. Ack that far.

24. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    I was about to try and delve into who backed him up fir the vols. Thanks k god someone got it b4 I tried thinking. Ack that far.
    I remember the interview vaguely. Thought it was a nice thing for Brady to say.
    Olympus Labs Demigod

25. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I remember the interview vaguely. Thought it was a nice thing for Brady to say.
    I wasn't sure anyone was going to guess it. I was just going to answer before I clock in for work lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk