Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2016 is over,
The draft is coming up, NFL Trades, Free Agency, and the upcoming season.

Kicking it off:

Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has withdrawn from a group of NFL players planning to visit Israel next week.
Myles Garrett, projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft, says he won't be attending the event (Thats ridiculous IMO)

Some History:
25 Years Ago Today: The Atlanta Falcons trade a quarterback named Brett Favre to the Green Bay Packers.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why is it ridiculous for Garrett to want to watch the draft at home with his friends and family?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why is it ridiculous for Garrett to want to watch the draft at home with his friends and family?
If you know you are going #1. You would think you would want to be present for the NFL Draft and be honored with the commissioner on stage. I can almost guarentee its a free trip for him and some of his close friends/family memebers.

i Know Mariota did it when he got drafted to TN and stayed home in Hawaii. I would just think on these guys big day getting into the NFL which is a dream come true for them they would want to be there. At least in my perception.

Family does come first, but its getting ludicrous that college football players are sitting out bowl games in prep for the columbine or not showing up to events of them getting drafted into the NFL for "personal reasons". Just my stance.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

If you know you are going #1. You would think you would want to be present for the NFL Draft and be honored with the commissioner on stage. I can almost guarentee its a free trip for him and some of his close friends/family memebers.

i Know Mariota did it when he got drafted to TN and stayed home in Hawaii. I would just think on these guys big day getting into the NFL which is a dream come true for them they would want to be there. At least in my perception.

Family does come first, but its getting ludicrous that college football players are sitting out bowl games in prep for the columbine or not showing up to events of them getting drafted into the NFL for "personal reasons". Just my stance.
Fair enough. I have a differing opinion but can respect that. And I hope they arent skipping bowl games for columbine.... I think that if your team isn't playing for a big bowl and you dont care about disrespecting your program and teammates so much to the point where you feel like it's worth sitting out the game, then thats your right. I completely understand why some people would do such given the chance for a big injury that could be a huge detriment to their draft position and financially on any given play.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fair enough. I have a differing opinion but can respect that. And I hope they arent skipping bowl games for columbine.... I think that if your team isn't playing for a big bowl and you dont care about disrespecting your program and teammates so much to the point where you feel like it's worth sitting out the game, then thats your right. I completely understand why some people would do such given the chance for a big injury that could be a huge detriment to their draft position and financially on any given play.
Agree with this too.
But lets also say this.. Do star players sit out of games vs teams they know they are going to blow out? Every conference has those teams where they win by 30-40 points but yet the star players still play. Any game and any play is the risk of an injury.

Bowl games are great chances for NFL Scouts to also look at these players when playing in better competition. Compared to teams they will destroy by 3-4+ touchdowns.

Again we each have our own opinion. I would rather see them play. You have supported a team for 2-3-4 years, go out and finish what you started in your final game with that college.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with this too.
But lets also say this.. Do star players sit out of games vs teams they know they are going to blow out? Every conference has those teams where they win by 30-40 points but yet the star players still play. You know your going to win, it is just as much of a risk of an injury as sitting out a bowl game.

Bowl games are great chances for NFL Scouts to also look at these players when playing in better competition.

Again we each have a good opinon. I would rather see them play. You have supported a team for 2-3-4 years, go out and finish what you started.
Nick Chubb, Jaylon Smith, Todd Gurley, Marcus Lattimore, Ja Clowney.. etc

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nick Chubb, Jaylon Smith, Todd Gurley, Marcus Lattimore, Ja Clowney.. etc
Speaking of Smith
How do you see him with the Cowboys next year now that he will be cleared to play after sitting out with his injury?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of Smith
How do you see him with the Cowboys next year now that he will be cleared to play after sitting out with his injury?
He's posted drills with him cutting and stuff. Apparently his nerves are doing well too.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Maybe he's just not that excited over going to Cleveland lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On Peyton Manning, one player's opinion:

To me,*he's [Peyton] the greatest of all-time.

So when you watch the best and you're able to learn from the best, hopefully that helps me get better.
Without Google, can anyone guess who said this?

Note: not trying to rekindle the argument, just sharing an old interview I recently stumbled upon.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im gonna guess Luck

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not Brock is it

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On Peyton Manning, one player's opinion:

Without Google, can anyone guess who said this?

Note: not trying to rekindle the argument, just sharing an old interview I recently stumbled upon.
Brady IIRC

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
About players skipping out on draft night...we live in the age of entitlement boys

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A starter??? Peyton had the back up scrub in Indy then in den he had osweiler, tebow don't count bc he was let go when Peyton got there. Not Brock so who was his backup that first year

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was back in 2011 when he was being interviewed about a NFL top 100 list that ranked him as #1 and Manning as #2.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh that makes sense then lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was about to try and delve into who backed him up fir the vols. Thanks k god someone got it b4 I tried thinking. Ack that far.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was about to try and delve into who backed him up fir the vols. Thanks k god someone got it b4 I tried thinking. Ack that far.
I remember the interview vaguely. Thought it was a nice thing for Brady to say.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember the interview vaguely. Thought it was a nice thing for Brady to say.
I wasn't sure anyone was going to guess it. I was just going to answer before I clock in for work lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Superbowl trivia: In the SB era, only 2 quarterbacks have ever won the Lombardi with bottom 10 defenses (by points allowed). Anyone think they can guess who those two are?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Peyton and Brees?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub'd for foozeball

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A person with knowledge says Romo wants to play in Houston and isn't wanting to be paid like a top 5 QB.

Texans Sign Romo, an OG, draft an OL, OT, and some DT depth. Instant contenders

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I'm really surprised that you missed it too!

Favre had the #1 O and D for his 96 Superbowl.
I knew he had the #1 O but I couldn't remember his D that well. Had no idea it was ranked top 10

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Oh. Wait. 2011 Giants were like 28 in defense. But they were super hot during playoffs which skews it for me

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh so the Manning brothers?! Lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Has there ever been a better sports family? I feel like I see it more on basketball, but I can't think of a family that has succeeded like them.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has there ever been a better sports family? I feel like I see it more on basketball, but I can't think of a family that has succeeded like them.
Curry's in basketball. Plumlee's in basketball. Fielder's in baseball. Griffey's in baseball. Venus and Serena in tennis. Molina's, Alou's and Alomar's in baseball.

edit: not saying any of those are better; but Venus and Serena are probably the only ones hardware wise

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Curry's in basketball. Plumlee's in basketball. Fielder's in baseball. Griffey's in baseball. Venus and Serena in tennis. Molina's, Alou's and Alomar's in baseball.

edit: not saying any of those are better; but Venus and Serena are probably the only ones hardware wise
Great call on some of those. Especially the Tennis ladies

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eli is also the only QB to win with both his offensive and defensive rankings being outside of the top 10. (14th and 17th in 2007)

Joe Namaths Jets were close (16th and 10th in 68) as were Flaccos Ravens (10th and 12th in 2012). Elis second SB win was almost in this same category with the 25th ranked D and 9th ranked O.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eli is also the only QB to win with both his offensive and defensive rankings being outside of the top 10. (14th and 17th in 2007)

Joe Namaths Jets were close (16th and 10th in 68) as were Flaccos Ravens (10th and 12th in 2012). Elis second SB win was almost in this same category with the 25th ranked D and 9th ranked O.
Well I think this ends the debate. Eli Manning is the goat

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I think this ends the debate. Eli Manning is the goat
That season (2007) you guys had the #4 ranked rushing attack in the NFL. 21st ranked passing attack is what brought you down lol.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We released Victor Cruz. Sad to see him go. Hoping he does well on another team outside of NFCE

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any other Bears fans out there I can commiserate with?

Thankfully, I'm not a diehard fan at all, so I can joke about it lol.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

All diehard fans have committed suicide or changed teams in the Cutler era lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Diehard Bears fan here. I don't think much will change as long as the McCaskey family owns them. I hope they don't waste the #3 pick on a qb.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All diehard fans have committed suicide or changed teams in the Cutler era lol
Was never Cutler's fault. Too many offensive coordinator changes and OLine changes. He never got a chance. I'd have a poor attitude too if I was leaning new offenses every other year.