BOXING

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. BOXING


    some great matches coming up...and no ppv!!!

    I would love to see Thurman beat Garcia, but my gut is telling me that Garcia pulls this one out...kovalev/ward 2 gonna take kovalev...santa cruz/Frampton 2 gotta go with leo he will be better prepared this time.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!


  2. geez...I thought we had more boxing fans!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
    •   
       


  3. I still think Garcia takes Thurman!!!

    but it's one of those situations where I will be happy if I am wrong.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  4. Kovalev is my current favorite (active) boxer! Love watching that dude do his thing!

    I use to love Manny PAC and before him I loved to watch Aturo Gatti. Tito Trinidad was another past favorite of mine.

    I was at Gatti/Ward 3 in AC! I used to go to a lot of boxing fights, but I don't really go anymore. Boxing fights are so electrifying to watch in person. It's probably my favorite sporting even to go to even though I go to way more football games.

  5. tomorrow night is the big fight...my money is on Garcia, but would love to see Thurman win!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
    •   
       


  6. I am rooting for Thurman too! I would say it's an even 50/50 shot on this one.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    I am rooting for Thurman too! I would say it's an even 50/50 shot on this one.
    YUP...SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE...always nice to see- at least on paper a good matchup!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  8. Great fight last night!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Great fight last night!
    agreed....Thurman clearly won-can't believe it was a split decision...gotta give Garcia credit, the man definitely has a chin-those upper cuts Thurman landed would have decked most fighters!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  10. BOXING


    True! Thurman won every round except two IMO. Did you watch the undercard fight before the main event?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    True! Thurman won every round except two IMO. Did you watch the undercard fight before the main event?
    lol...total mismatch...ray leonard even said so at the beginning---kinda nice he told the truth and didn't hype it like they usually do....always liked ray!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  12. BOXING


    That undefeated kid Lubin in the undercard looks solid to me. It was a hell of a knockout!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    That undefeated kid Lubin in the undercard looks solid to me. It was a hell of a knockout!
    it was indeed a hellova knockout...he pulled back and threw his full weight and momentum into it...but, a more skilled boxer would have seen that one coming, imo....very rarely do I see a top notch boxer get caught with that kind of punch, I need to see lubin up against a more talented fighter!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  14. Absolutely^ that guy wasn't very talented, but he was known for having a good chin. So it was still somewhat impressive to me. But yeah a better fighter wouldn't have even been hit by that punch.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Absolutely^ that guy wasn't very talented, but he was known for having a good chin. So it was still somewhat impressive to me. But yeah a better fighter wouldn't have even been hit by that punch.
    absolutely...Garcia has a great chin too, but Garcia would never have got tagged by that haymaker.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  16. THE TRIPLE GGG-- DANNY JACOBS fight did not disappoint...would love to see a rematch!!!

    but 1st looking forward to canelo--triple GGG
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    THE TRIPLE GGG-- DANNY JACOBS fight did not disappoint...would love to see a rematch!!!

    but 1st looking forward to canelo--triple GGG
    Curious if Jacobs could still hang in there with GGG if he actually made weight.
    When you are a wolf, all sheep are the same.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by htghunterray View Post
    Curious if Jacobs could still hang in there with GGG if he actually made weight.
    I doubt it...I heard he was 180 at fight time. still give Jacobs credit, hell of a fight!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    THE TRIPLE GGG-- DANNY JACOBS fight did not disappoint...would love to see a rematch!!!

    but 1st looking forward to canelo--triple GGG
    I didn't get to watch the Triple GGG vs Jacobs fight. I hear it was pretty even.

    Is triple GGG vs Canelo really going to happen?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    I didn't get to watch the Triple GGG vs Jacobs fight. I hear it was pretty even.

    Is triple GGG vs Canelo really going to happen?
    that is a very good question....if it does I will have to find a place to watch it on ppv!!!


    in the meantime I will be watching lomachenko on Saturday night!!! if you've never seen lomachenko he is a real treat to watch, guy is amazing!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  21. Never seen him fight. I will try to find parts of some of his older fights online. This Saturday night huh? I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Never seen him fight. I will try to find parts of some of his older fights online. This Saturday night huh? I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up.
    look at his last fight-awesome!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    look at his last fight-awesome!!!
    Just watched Lamochenko's greatest hits on YouTube !!!! This dude looks like he can be a great! Precision punching, quick and has defense.

  24. TKO 11 round!!! That dude is fun to watch!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    TKO 11 round!!! That dude is fun to watch!
    yeah, my favorite boxer to watch atm....good defense but he takes chances and does get hit, but no one wants to fight him-he breaks guys down then makes them look stupid slow.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. box squats anyone?
    By kelsey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:04 AM
  2. box squats
    By 2gcorey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 02:12 AM
  3. Rack and Box Squats
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 06:16 PM
  4. Article On Box Squatting
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2003, 02:09 AM
  5. X-box or Playstation 2
    By good_guye28 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Log in
Log in