The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any discussion, feedback, smack talk can be discussed here...

Lets get it started.

Patriots QB Tom Brady has Deflategate appeal denied by 2nd U.S. Circuit Court

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady has Deflategate appeal denied by 2nd U.S. Circuit Court

NEW YORK -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's latest attempt to avoid serving a four-game Deflategate suspension to start the new season was flatly rejected Wednesday by an appeals court.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan issued a one-sentence rejection of requests by the National Football League Players Association and Brady to reconsider an April decision that found that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell acted within his powers by suspending the star quarterback for his role in a scheme to doctor footballs used in a January 2015 playoff game.

"We are disappointed with the decision denying a rehearing, as there were clear violations of our collective bargaining agreement by the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell," the NFLPA said in a statement issued Wednesday. "Despite today's result, the track record of this League office when it comes to matters of player discipline is bad for our business and bad for our game. We have a broken system that must be fixed.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
He will never beat this. This will be attached to his legacy FOREVER bad enough with cheating accusations with the patriots but I can't take from the fact that belichck is a amazing coach and Brady is a amazing qb period regardless of what backage comes with them

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bears fan here. Won't be much for me to discuss lol.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He will never beat this. This will be attached to his legacy FOREVER bad enough with cheating accusations with the patriots but I can't take from the fact that belichck is a amazing coach and Brady is a amazing qb period regardless of what backage comes with them
Why?

He allegedly deflated a football in a game that their RB ran for over 200 yards and 3 TD.
The head investigator testified there was no hard proof tying Brady to the deflating and there has been subsequent studies from various sources proving the Patriots theory. Additionally, multiple QBs, if not dozens, have publicly claimed that they use under or over inflated footballs and no one bats an eye.

I'm a Giants fan, FWIW.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Why?

He allegedly deflated a football in a game that their RB ran for over 200 yards and 3 TD.
The head investigator testified there was no hard proof tying Brady to the deflating and there has been subsequent studies from various sources proving the Patriots theory. Additionally, multiple QBs, if not dozens, have publicly claimed that they use under or over inflated footballs and no one bats an eye.

I'm a Giants fan, FWIW.
I'm not arguing that at all I think Brady will go down as the greatest qb ever period what I'm saying is that for years to come no one will be educated on the entire situation but just go with the he said she said about him media will always make things like this "big deals" cause people buy into it redskins fan here so we can't be friends hahahaha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a Jets fan. This whole fiasco is nothing, the penalty was way too harsh. He is still one of the greatest of all time.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bengals fan here. Brady is doing to much to try to clear his name. He must have done it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calling it now superbowl will be either steelers(if their defense can be decent at all) or patriots against panthers

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I'm a Jets fan. This whole fiasco is nothing, the penalty was way too harsh. He is still one of the greatest of all time.
Haha f me!!!! That's not what I was saying nvm lol HTTR!!!!!! YOU LIKE THAT !

scw538

scw538

Awards
America's Team!!! Dallas Cowboys I can see stadium from my conference room. How bout dem boys.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Calling it now superbowl will be either steelers(if their defense can be decent at all) or patriots against panthers
Nah. Panthers will be garbage. Defense lost too much and defense saved them a lot.

Giants or Packers NFC.
Jaguars AFC. Just kidding, that's a few years away.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah. Panthers will be garbage. Defense lost too much and defense saved them a lot.

Giants or Packers NFC.
Jaguars AFC. Just kidding, that's a few years away.
Giants??? Packers i get but i dont follow the giants to much tho.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Giants??? Packers i get but i dont follow the giants to much tho.
Bit of a homer, but OBJ has help (Shepherd, possibly Cruz, TE, and Paul Perkins). Improved OL, drastically improved defense (Vernon, Snacks, Thompson, Riley, Apple, Jenkins). Weak division and Eli rapes playoffs.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bit of a homer, but OBJ has help (Shepherd, possibly Cruz, TE, and Paul Perkins). Improved OL, drastically improved defense (Vernon, Snacks, Thompson, Riley, Apple, Jenkins). Weak division and Eli rapes playoffs.
Ok. Giants fan? But from the sounds of it does look like they got a chance. I do think that it will be either patriots or steelers for AFC tho, possibly chiefs.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ravens' Justin Tucker vows to not re-sign if long-term deal isn't reached

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17078919/baltimore-ravens-kicker-justin-tucker-frustrated-negotiations-long-term-deal-not-re-sign

Baltimore Ravens franchise kicker Justin Tucker has grown frustrated enough with negotiations that he is vowing not to re-sign with Baltimore after this season if the two sides do not have a long-term deal in place by Friday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

"Justin's disillusioned with the process right now and the Ravens' position with him on his contract," Tucker's agent, Rob Roche, said Thursday. "If we don't get a long-term deal done by Friday, Justin will not entertain offers from [the] Ravens after the season."

There was hope of progress recently; however, that hope dissipated Thursday, when the Ravens provided Tucker with an offer that actually paid him less than their prior offers and less than Mason Crosby of the Packers.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ravens' Justin Tucker vows to not re-sign if long-term deal isn't reached

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17078919/baltimore-ravens-kicker-justin-tucker-frustrated-negotiations-long-term-deal-not-re-sign

Baltimore Ravens franchise kicker Justin Tucker has grown frustrated enough with negotiations that he is vowing not to re-sign with Baltimore after this season if the two sides do not have a long-term deal in place by Friday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

"Justin's disillusioned with the process right now and the Ravens' position with him on his contract," Tucker's agent, Rob Roche, said Thursday. "If we don't get a long-term deal done by Friday, Justin will not entertain offers from [the] Ravens after the season."

There was hope of progress recently; however, that hope dissipated Thursday, when the Ravens provided Tucker with an offer that actually paid him less than their prior offers and less than Mason Crosby of the Packers.
Weird. Ravens are typically very very good to their franchised players.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok. Giants fan? But from the sounds of it does look like they got a chance. I do think that it will be either patriots or steelers for AFC tho, possibly chiefs.
Yessir.
If Steelers improve one Iota on defense they have a huge chance. Bell/Brown/Ben is a dangerous combo. Losing Bryant hurts though. Put down the drugs bro..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yessir.
If Steelers improve one Iota on defense they have a huge chance. Bell/Brown/Ben is a dangerous combo. Losing Bryant hurts though. Put down the drugs bro..
Injuries hurt us big time last year too.. Never know what will happen.
Our defense is ok. our secondary is very weak. coming from a steeler fan. That is our major weakness. Teams can throw all over us.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yessir.
Haha ya but you forgetting williams as well. Hes not bell but having the two together is dangerous. Plus wheaton is solid. But agreed that defense was so sad last year. Games the offense had a couple almost 800 yards total and lost. Ben had like 5 600 yard passing games and lost 2 of them.

Oh did you see that brown is the 1st wide reciever in a long to time to be projected #1 in fantasy footabll

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bengals fan here. Brady is doing to much to try to clear his name. He must have done it.
He actually posted on Facebook today that he will not appeal it and just serve the four games. I hope he realized our Supreme Court has far more pressing matters than his suspension.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not arguing that at all I think Brady will go down as the greatest qb ever period
Uh, what?

Pat's without Brady, 11-5.

Colts without Manning, 2-14

Wonder who had a bigger impact on their team...... (oh, and who has damn near every record you could hold as a QB. )

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh, what?

Pat's without Brady, 11-5.

Colts without Manning, 2-14

Wonder who had a bigger impact on their team...... (oh, and who has damn near every record you could hold as a QB. )
#s can be deceptive. Brady has made medicore wide receivers into ledgends. I dont think thats becuase his great arm persay, but rather he developes these players and gain that qb wr connection thats needed for success. Plus tom brady isnt a money whore like Peyton, infact he has taken numerous of pay cuts. Also he has 4 superbowls.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#s can be deceptive. Brady has made medicore wide receivers into ledgends. I dont think thats becuase his great arm persay, but rather he developes these players and gain that qb wr connection thats needed for success. Plus tom brady isnt a money whore like Peyton, infact he has taken numerous of pay cuts. Also he has 4 superbowls.
Yeah, that Randy Moss guy was mediocre as ****, and Gronk? Worthless.

Don't kid yourself, Tom gets paid. He just gets his as a signing bonus and restructures so that they can put off the cap hit, but make no mistake he's getting paid. Even if he wasn't though, why does Manning getting a big contract make him a worse QB?

Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better team, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.

A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, it's a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the Randy Moss guy was mediocre as **** and Gronk? Worthless.

Don't kid yourself, Tom gets paid. He just gets his as a signing bonus and restructures so that they can put off the cap hit, but make no mistake he's getting paid. Even if he wasn't though, why does Manning getting a big contract make him a worse QB?

Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better term, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.

A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, its a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.
Believe what you want 95% of the population will disagree

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Believe what you want 95% of the population will disagree
Most of the population thinks that Brady is a cheat, and believes Peyton is a true American hero, so im gonna have to disagree again.

Also notice I hit you with actual facts, and you have no response. Typically, when that happens, it means you have taken an insupportable position. (Because you are wrong)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most of the population thinks that Brady is a cheat, and believes Peyton is a true American hero, so im gonna have to disagree again.

Also notice I hit you with actual facts, and you have no response. Typically, when that happens, it means you have taken an insupportable position. (Because you are wrong)
Ugh i dont want to argue. Payton mannying isnt the great person eveyone thinks he is. Just look into it. And im not talking about just the college situations. He just presents him self well in frot of a camera. Also ask any recuiter or analysis they will all say that #s can be deceptive. Also brady actually broke most of peytons records.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh i dont want to argue. Payton mannying isnt the great person eveyone thinks he is. Just look into it. And im not talking about just the college situations. He just presents him self well in frot of a camera. Also ask any recuiter or analysis they will all say that #s can be deceptive. Also brady actually broke most of peytons records.
I didn't say Peyton was the best person ever, I said most of America believes he is. I've never met him, I don't know anything about what kind of person he is.

Which records did Brady break of Peyton's? Would love to see some facts to back that up.

scw538

scw538

Awards
America's Team!!! Dallas Cowboys I can see stadium from my conference room. How bout dem boys.[/QUOTE

Week 2 bruh!!!!!!
I have already penciled in only one loss in the division the away at NY. Cousins is garbage and everyone on the Eagles is a joke including their owner. So glad you paid that money to Norman now he has to face DEZ twice a year !! Good luck with that. Big D is back

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have already penciled in only one loss in the division the away at NY. Cousins is garbage and everyone on the Eagles is a joke including their owner. So glad you paid that money to Norman now he has to face DEZ twice a year !! Good luck with that. Big D is back
1468619644134.jpg

scw538

scw538

Awards
DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done. He was basically better than Calvin Johnson by his 2nd year check the stats.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that Randy Moss guy was mediocre as ****, and Gronk? Worthless.

Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better team, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.

A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, it's a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.
Peyton played with HOF WR, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep! Payton has played with some very very good players. Another thing people forget he has alwasy had a GREAT o-line. Tom brady has at times had horrible and great o-line.

Anything ill give Payton is, he was WAY WAY more athletic of a QB, obviously not the pastly few years. Tom brady might be the least athletic great QB ever.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were they great because of Peyton or was Peyton great because of them?

Keep in mind, I didn't say Peyton didn't have any good teammates but let's not pretend that the Colts sans Manning were anywhere near as good of a team as the Pat's sans Brady.

And as a general rule as well, Brady always had a better D and run game than Manning. (And let's not pretend he was playing behind the worst O Line in the NFL or something like that)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Were they great because of Peyton or was Peyton great because of them?

Keep in mind, I didn't say Peyton didn't have any good teammates but let's not pretend that the Colts sans Manning were anywhere near as good of a team as the Pat's sans Brady.

And as a general rule as well, Brady always had a better D and run game than Manning. (And let's not pretend he was playing behind the worst O Line in the NFL or something like that)
Sure the defense for pats has been way better but colts have had a fantastic run game

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also lets not forget tom bradys highest interception in a season is 14 and Peytons average is 18.4 thats including the whole year he didnt play in 2011

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also lets not forget tom bradys highest interception in a season is 14 and Peytons average is 18.4 thats including the whole year he didnt play in 2011
Where are you getting these numbers?

I just looked at his career stats and he threw 251 ints in 18 years, which is an average of 13.94 per year.

Keeping in mind that damn near 30 of those came his rookie year when he was drafted by the worst team in the NFL.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure the defense for pats has been way better but colts have had a fantastic run game
That, of course, depends on the season.

Just like how both have had very good, and very bad, O lines.

And how both have had good defenses, and bad defenses.

In fact, IIRC the Pat's had a top 5 defense for each of the first 3 superbowls they went to.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done.
What a great achievement :rollseyes:

He will also go down as one of the whiniest crybabies to ever play receiver in the NFL.

And, just so you know, he dropped it.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done. He was basically better than Calvin Johnson by his 2nd year check the stats.
Cowboys receiver? Sure. Greatest WR of all time? Not even top 20. Not even best in the league right now. Maybe 4-5... Maybe.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What a great achievement :rollseyes:

He will also go down as one of the whiniest crybabies to ever play receiver in the NFL.

And, just so you know, he dropped it.
He's actually not a cry baby. He's passionate as hell and a lot of it gets taken out of context.

Remember a few years back when ESPN said Dez was screaming at his players and coaches? Turns out he was mic'd up and saying we can win we can do this etc etc

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where are you getting these numbers?

I just looked at his career stats and he threw 251 ints in 18 years, which is an average of 13.94 per year.

Keeping in mind that damn near 30 of those came his rookie year when he was drafted by the worst team in the NFL.
Youre right i mixed up the average. But still significantly lower

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, but Peyton has thrown (and completed) more passes (with a higher completion percentage), thrown more touchdowns, thrown for 25,000 more yards, etc.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's actually not a cry baby. He's passionate as hell and a lot of it gets taken out of context.

Remember a few years back when ESPN said Dez was screaming at his players and coaches? Turns out he was mic'd up and saying we can win we can do this etc etc
I'm a Philly fan, he's a crybaby lol.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure, but Peyton has thrown (and completed) more passes (with a higher completion percentage), thrown more touchdowns, thrown for 25,000 more yards, etc.
Yes he has but with play roughly 3 more seasons. Dont get me wrong i think peyton is a great qb but tom brady is better. Even if brady doesnt surpasses peytons records i will still believe that, becuase as i said numbers can be deceptive.

Couple side notes am i the only one that think peyton mannings face looks like a peice wonder bread.

Also im still proud of my qb big ben. Pulling off the lowest qb rating to ever win a Superbowl!!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is lower, but not that much.

Brady had thrown 150int in 15 seasons for right around 10 per season.

But his first season (2000), he only threw 3 passes (1 completion) and didn't play past the first game in 2008 when he tore his ACL.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17083595/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-appeal-suspension-supreme-court

Tom Brady won't appeal suspension to Supreme Court

Tom Brady announced Friday that he will not appeal his four-game Deflategate suspension to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying in a message on his Facebook page that he will "no longer proceed with the legal process."

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement Friday. "The league's investigation into a football pressure matter was flawed and biased from the start, and has been discredited nearly unanimously by accredited academics and scientists.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Please name the receivers better than DEZ. And yes that was a catch !!