2016 NFL Thread

Page 2 of 70 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    #s can be deceptive. Brady has made medicore wide receivers into ledgends. I dont think thats becuase his great arm persay, but rather he developes these players and gain that qb wr connection thats needed for success. Plus tom brady isnt a money whore like Peyton, infact he has taken numerous of pay cuts. Also he has 4 superbowls.
    Yeah, that Randy Moss guy was mediocre as ****, and Gronk? Worthless.

    Don't kid yourself, Tom gets paid. He just gets his as a signing bonus and restructures so that they can put off the cap hit, but make no mistake he's getting paid. Even if he wasn't though, why does Manning getting a big contract make him a worse QB?


    Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better team, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.


    A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, it's a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yeah, the Randy Moss guy was mediocre as **** and Gronk? Worthless.

    Don't kid yourself, Tom gets paid. He just gets his as a signing bonus and restructures so that they can put off the cap hit, but make no mistake he's getting paid. Even if he wasn't though, why does Manning getting a big contract make him a worse QB?


    Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better term, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.


    A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, its a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.
    Believe what you want 95% of the population will disagree
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Believe what you want 95% of the population will disagree
    Most of the population thinks that Brady is a cheat, and believes Peyton is a true American hero, so im gonna have to disagree again.


    Also notice I hit you with actual facts, and you have no response. Typically, when that happens, it means you have taken an insupportable position. (Because you are wrong)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Most of the population thinks that Brady is a cheat, and believes Peyton is a true American hero, so im gonna have to disagree again.


    Also notice I hit you with actual facts, and you have no response. Typically, when that happens, it means you have taken an insupportable position. (Because you are wrong)
    Ugh i dont want to argue. Payton mannying isnt the great person eveyone thinks he is. Just look into it. And im not talking about just the college situations. He just presents him self well in frot of a camera. Also ask any recuiter or analysis they will all say that #s can be deceptive. Also brady actually broke most of peytons records.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Ugh i dont want to argue. Payton mannying isnt the great person eveyone thinks he is. Just look into it. And im not talking about just the college situations. He just presents him self well in frot of a camera. Also ask any recuiter or analysis they will all say that #s can be deceptive. Also brady actually broke most of peytons records.
    I didn't say Peyton was the best person ever, I said most of America believes he is. I've never met him, I don't know anything about what kind of person he is.


    Which records did Brady break of Peyton's? Would love to see some facts to back that up.
    •   
       

  6. 2016 NFL Thread


    [QUOTE=RugbyBaller91;5435499]
    Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post
    America's Team!!! Dallas Cowboys I can see stadium from my conference room. How bout dem boys.[/QUOTE

    Week 2 bruh!!!!!!
    I have already penciled in only one loss in the division the away at NY. Cousins is garbage and everyone on the Eagles is a joke including their owner. So glad you paid that money to Norman now he has to face DEZ twice a year !! Good luck with that. Big D is back

  7. Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post

    I have already penciled in only one loss in the division the away at NY. Cousins is garbage and everyone on the Eagles is a joke including their owner. So glad you paid that money to Norman now he has to face DEZ twice a year !! Good luck with that. Big D is back
    1468619644134.jpg

  8. DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done. He was basically better than Calvin Johnson by his 2nd year check the stats.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yeah, that Randy Moss guy was mediocre as ****, and Gronk? Worthless.

    Don't kid yourself, Tom gets paid. He just gets his as a signing bonus and restructures so that they can put off the cap hit, but make no mistake he's getting paid. Even if he wasn't though, why does Manning getting a big contract make him a worse QB?


    Also, for the superbowls that was kind of the point of my first statement. The patriots are a better team, with better coaches, than the colts. That's why without Brady they go 11-5, but the colts barely won 2 games with Manning out.


    A Superbowl ring is not a player achievement, it's a team achievement. And as far as great play at the quarterback position, Manning holds every record possible.
    Peyton played with HOF WR, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Peyton played with HOF WR, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark.
    Yep! Payton has played with some very very good players. Another thing people forget he has alwasy had a GREAT o-line. Tom brady has at times had horrible and great o-line.

    Anything ill give Payton is, he was WAY WAY more athletic of a QB, obviously not the pastly few years. Tom brady might be the least athletic great QB ever.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Peyton played with HOF WR, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark.
    Were they great because of Peyton or was Peyton great because of them?

    Keep in mind, I didn't say Peyton didn't have any good teammates but let's not pretend that the Colts sans Manning were anywhere near as good of a team as the Pat's sans Brady.



    And as a general rule as well, Brady always had a better D and run game than Manning. (And let's not pretend he was playing behind the worst O Line in the NFL or something like that)

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Were they great because of Peyton or was Peyton great because of them?

    Keep in mind, I didn't say Peyton didn't have any good teammates but let's not pretend that the Colts sans Manning were anywhere near as good of a team as the Pat's sans Brady.



    And as a general rule as well, Brady always had a better D and run game than Manning. (And let's not pretend he was playing behind the worst O Line in the NFL or something like that)
    Sure the defense for pats has been way better but colts have had a fantastic run game

  13. Also lets not forget tom bradys highest interception in a season is 14 and Peytons average is 18.4 thats including the whole year he didnt play in 2011

  14. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Also lets not forget tom bradys highest interception in a season is 14 and Peytons average is 18.4 thats including the whole year he didnt play in 2011
    Where are you getting these numbers?


    I just looked at his career stats and he threw 251 ints in 18 years, which is an average of 13.94 per year.

    Keeping in mind that damn near 30 of those came his rookie year when he was drafted by the worst team in the NFL.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Sure the defense for pats has been way better but colts have had a fantastic run game
    That, of course, depends on the season.


    Just like how both have had very good, and very bad, O lines.


    And how both have had good defenses, and bad defenses.



    In fact, IIRC the Pat's had a top 5 defense for each of the first 3 superbowls they went to.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post
    DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done.
    What a great achievement :rollseyes:



    He will also go down as one of the whiniest crybabies to ever play receiver in the NFL.


    And, just so you know, he dropped it.
  17. 2016 NFL Thread


    Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post
    DEZ will go down as one of the greatest Cowboys of all time when he is done. He was basically better than Calvin Johnson by his 2nd year check the stats.
    Cowboys receiver? Sure. Greatest WR of all time? Not even top 20. Not even best in the league right now. Maybe 4-5... Maybe.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What a great achievement :rollseyes:



    He will also go down as one of the whiniest crybabies to ever play receiver in the NFL.


    And, just so you know, he dropped it.
    He's actually not a cry baby. He's passionate as hell and a lot of it gets taken out of context.

    Remember a few years back when ESPN said Dez was screaming at his players and coaches? Turns out he was mic'd up and saying we can win we can do this etc etc
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers?


    I just looked at his career stats and he threw 251 ints in 18 years, which is an average of 13.94 per year.

    Keeping in mind that damn near 30 of those came his rookie year when he was drafted by the worst team in the NFL.
    Youre right i mixed up the average. But still significantly lower

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Youre right i mixed up the average. But still significantly lower
    Sure, but Peyton has thrown (and completed) more passes (with a higher completion percentage), thrown more touchdowns, thrown for 25,000 more yards, etc.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    He's actually not a cry baby. He's passionate as hell and a lot of it gets taken out of context.

    Remember a few years back when ESPN said Dez was screaming at his players and coaches? Turns out he was mic'd up and saying we can win we can do this etc etc
    I'm a Philly fan, he's a crybaby lol.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Sure, but Peyton has thrown (and completed) more passes (with a higher completion percentage), thrown more touchdowns, thrown for 25,000 more yards, etc.
    Yes he has but with play roughly 3 more seasons. Dont get me wrong i think peyton is a great qb but tom brady is better. Even if brady doesnt surpasses peytons records i will still believe that, becuase as i said numbers can be deceptive.

    Couple side notes am i the only one that think peyton mannings face looks like a peice wonder bread.

    Also im still proud of my qb big ben. Pulling off the lowest qb rating to ever win a Superbowl!!!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Youre right i mixed up the average. But still significantly lower
    It is lower, but not that much.


    Brady had thrown 150int in 15 seasons for right around 10 per season.


    But his first season (2000), he only threw 3 passes (1 completion) and didn't play past the first game in 2008 when he tore his ACL.
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17...-supreme-court

    Tom Brady won't appeal suspension to Supreme Court

    Tom Brady announced Friday that he will not appeal his four-game Deflategate suspension to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying in a message on his Facebook page that he will "no longer proceed with the legal process."

    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement Friday. "The league's investigation into a football pressure matter was flawed and biased from the start, and has been discredited nearly unanimously by accredited academics and scientists.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  25. Please name the receivers better than DEZ. And yes that was a catch !!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NFL PLAYOFF THREAD!!!!
    By neofrost83 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
  2. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 04:50 PM
  4. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 09:34 PM
  5. First test thread...
    By Chemo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Log in
Log in