Big Unit in the Big Apple

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

"Don't get in my face," Johnson said. "I don't care who you are. Don't get in my face."
"I'm just taking a picture," Everett protested.
But the nasty Unit wasn't finished yet.
"Don't get in my face," snapped the surly southpaw. "And don't talk back to me, all right?"

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He will fit right in..Cant say that I blame him the dam media is everywhere.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Between Pedro and Randy NY is going to be a baseball media circus season.

Good Times...:wave:

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Between Pedro and Randy NY is going to be a baseball media circus season.

Good Times...

B5150,you got that right talk radio and new york post must be licking their chops..

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I see the Yankees are trying to buy another penant. 200+ million in salaries. How fuckin rediculous. How about a salary cap Bud. You know what's funny is now they have to pay like a 25 million dollar luxury tax or something. That's more than half the money spent on salaries by teams like the Devil Rays and the Expos last year. I so enjoy watching the Spankees get beat by another team in the playoffs every year.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Johnson wanted to be traded and traded only to the Yankees. It was a mutual interest.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I see about another 22 or so. The Red Sox are in trouble IMO

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That was probably a sign of things to come in the Yankees - Red Sox rivalry. I think the Yankees are gonna blow them out this year.

Doesn't really matter though, the Phillies already have the World Series in hand ;)

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Boomer looked rattled yesterday from the opening pitch. I think the fans got to him and as soon as the hitters started tagging him it was over. I don't think I've ever seen an ex-player get booed like he did when they came back to Yankee stadium. If he's Boston's #2 starter this year, they got problems. Also loved seeing Johnny Damon doing his Manny impression in centerfield when that ball bounced off his chest and let in a run. Between that and the defensive gems at SS from Renterria it the Boston defense looks as bad as ever.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I see the Yankees are trying to buy another penant. 200+ million in salaries. How fuckin rediculous. How about a salary cap Bud. You know what's funny is now they have to pay like a 25 million dollar luxury tax or something. That's more than half the money spent on salaries by teams like the Devil Rays and the Expos last year. I so enjoy watching the Spankees get beat by another team in the playoffs every year.
don't hate bro. :whip: if i had the money to run HGH year round, i'd do it.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do agree that it is unfair, but you can't really blame the Yankees. Its MLB's problem. If a team has the money and wants to spend it and there is no rule, they can do what they want.

In my opinion its kind of a cycle. Fans want to spend their money on Yankee **** b/c they put a winner on the field every year. Nobody wants to wear Kansas City Royals hats b/c they suck. And as a result, the Yankees make tons of money to spend on whatever players they want.

But I do agree that something needs to be done. The NFL has their **** together.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW...Red Sox have the highest avg ticket prices in MLB.

deftone

Awards
But I do agree that something needs to be done. The NFL has their **** together.
Something has already been done i.e. revenue sharing. How much did Steinbrenner cough up this season? There is no way in hell a salary cap will ever be instituted in baseball. And the BoSox have the highest average ticket price because Fenway houses all of 35,000 fans. Look at their percent capacity, ESPN had it listed at over 100% for the 2003 season.