A-Rod and 12 other suspended remainder of 2013 season

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
A-Rod was suspended for the remainder of this season, and all of the 2014 season. If/when he appeals this decision, it would be drug (no pun intended) out throughout the remainder of this season (allowing him to still participate in team activities) extending the suspension through the 2015 season...Given that A-Rod admitted to using PED's in the past, do you think his #'s prior to using (Mariners/Rangers days) he would get into the HOF?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think eventually him and others that were great prior to PED use will be in the HOF but the baseball writers are puritans who think players in previous eras never cheated, or benefited from an era that didnt allow minorities, and they'll punish this generation of cheaters

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Yea no doubt. MLB is trying to send a message across the league, there's no question about that. I just don't think you're ever going to really eliminate PED's from the game..The masking agents will become more advanced, there will be ways around it. Random intra-season testing is probably the best route.. The money that these guys are dealing with is just huge and enough of an incentive to flat out lie. If you can cheat up to the point where you ink in a multi million/ multi year contract w/ signing bonus' and guaranteed $, etc..Seems like a no-brainer. Look at Ryan Braun. He had no problem looking into the camera and lying to millions of people about his PED use. Why? Likely because the money at hand was significant enough..

There were no inductee's this year IIRC.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't see AROD going to the hall, baseball writers are notoriously stubborn. Bonds would have to get in first and I don't even see that happening. If AROD tries to fight this and and the ruling is upheld I don't think he'll ever play again.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I can't see AROD going to the hall, baseball writers are notoriously stubborn. Bonds would have to get in first and I don't even see that happening. If AROD tries to fight this and and the ruling is upheld I don't think he'll ever play again.
I agree.. Plus not too many people would want him.. He'll be 40 years old, hip surgeries, etc...Not exactly someone you'd want to invest in

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree.. Plus not too many people would want him.. He'll be 40 years old, hip surgeries, etc...Not exactly someone you'd want to invest in
Exactly, after such a promising career kind of sad to see it end so poorly. I remember when he started with Seattle. Such a stud

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
When I saw that rollout ESPN had "A rod in his words" or something it definitely put it into perspective. At the end of the day though, not 100% sure the league is going to ignore an entire generation of basically it's Jordans, Lebrons, Kobes... for MLb that were mostly on PEDs, I mean I can see why it would but they ignored the problem for years to pimp the product.