ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Bills draft E.J. Manuel. hahahahahaha that's all

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
ahahahaha Chargers and Mante Te'o are you kidding me! That kid and Philip are going to have to change each others Tampons!!!!
The 49ers on the other hand FTW!!!!!

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
Manti was exposed in the championship game what a wimp lol them bama boys jus to tough

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Manti was exposed in the championship game what a wimp lol them bama boys jus to tough
Manti has a scared look in his eyes like he doesnt know wtf is going on. Plus his speed is garbage he could have probably been picked up as an unsigned Free agent. But SD probably wanted to bring on a Seau second coming or something like that. Im calling BUST right now! And Ya Bama took the gold right off his cap.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an un-exciting draft compared to years past.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Manti has a scared look in his eyes like he doesnt know wtf is going on. Plus his speed is garbage he could have probably been picked up as an unsigned Free agent. But SD probably wanted to bring on a Seau second coming or something like that. Im calling BUST right now! And Ya Bama took the gold right off his cap.
You are Niner fan too?! I have loved them since I was 11 and I am 33. Jerry Rice-GOAT

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You are Niner fan too?! I have loved them since I was 11 and I am 33. Jerry Rice-GOAT
Sure am! Ever since I was little. I dont remember the glory days but it looks like we are getting back into the 49er tradition of dominance. It saddens me that I missed out on Montana to Rice and had to suffer through Garcia to Owens! to I am looking forward to this year though they seemed to have gotten some good pieces to help fix their secondary coverage issues and what Jim has done with that O is amazing. Hell he made Alex look like a stud in 1 year! Its going to be great to see what he does with Kap. Have you seen the new stadium plans?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't understand the hate for manti....i will start by saying i take every chance i can to destroy notre dame and their awful fans but i can't be a hater, manti's not a bad player...the chargers got basically three first round picks in the first 3 rounds

niners were alittle disapointing with eric reid...could have waited and still got him later in the first but i like the tank pick

i have little room to talk though, as a giants fan i couldn't stand our draft, basically drafting 4 second round players and wasting a pick on a quarter back who may never see the field and may never get the 4th round value back from in terms of trades

there wasn't many stars in this draft but a ton of role players, i think the ravens did the best job over the weekend

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Eric Reid was a guy the Jim had his eye on when he was coaching at Stanford. And the 49ers secondary was the major area needing improvement so I understand why they went after him as early as they did. I mean he is no Revis but he will make an impact for sure! And that pick for a QB on the Giants was kind of strange to me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eric Reid was a guy the Jim had his eye on when he was coaching at Stanford. And the 49ers secondary was the major area needing improvement so I understand why they went after him as early as they did. I mean he is no Revis but he will make an impact for sure! And that pick for a QB on the Giants was kind of strange to me.
i understand the position pick by the niners, i just figured he would probably still be there if they didn't move picks....if anything i figured they'd move up for vacarro, thats just me though

i don't know, i guess jerry reese doesn't realize that the patriots did the same thing a few years back and now they are stuck with mallet because their qb plays all 16 games, i fear there won't be enough exposure of nassib to ever get interest from other teams, in a few years i think he'll just be a forgotten player

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Ya its unfortunate, that will probably be the case for that kid, but he will have made a grip of money for not doing much of anything. I would be fine with that if it was me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya its unfortunate, that will probably be the case for that kid, but he will have made a grip of money for not doing much of anything. I would be fine with that if it was me.
yeah i wouldn't mind being a backup....no worry for brain damage if u don't play, just sit back and collect cash

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sure am! Ever since I was little. I dont remember the glory days but it looks like we are getting back into the 49er tradition of dominance. It saddens me that I missed out on Montana to Rice and had to suffer through Garcia to Owens! to I am looking forward to this year though they seemed to have gotten some good pieces to help fix their secondary coverage issues and what Jim has done with that O is amazing. Hell he made Alex look like a stud in 1 year! Its going to be great to see what he does with Kap. Have you seen the new stadium plans?
Garcia to Owens was way more tolerable than having to deal with Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan/Singletary as coaches. We had bad karma coming our way and Eddie D had to sell the team to his sister and her stupid *ss went and fired Mooch and hired that idiot Erickson. That was when we started sliding back.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
i understand the position pick by the niners, i just figured he would probably still be there if they didn't move picks....if anything i figured they'd move up for vacarro, thats just me though

i don't know, i guess jerry reese doesn't realize that the patriots did the same thing a few years back and now they are stuck with mallet because their qb plays all 16 games, i fear there won't be enough exposure of nassib to ever get interest from other teams, in a few years i think he'll just be a forgotten player
I think that it could go 2 ways for Nassib. Like Flynn/Kolb and get in some garbage time and have some team overpay for him or like you said it could be like Mallet. I think at that point in the draft they were going for BPA. If Coughlin can get Damontre Moore to get his head on straight, Moore could be one of the best DEs taken in the draft. Just character/work ethic issues made him drop pretty far

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Garcia to Owens was way more tolerable than having to deal with Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan/Singletary as coaches. We had bad karma coming our way and Eddie D had to sell the team to his sister and her stupid *ss went and fired Mooch and hired that idiot Erickson. That was when we started sliding back.
I agree with that 100% did you see Eddie D back in the locker-room when they won the NFC champ game. You know he has his hands back in the franchise.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that it could go 2 ways for Nassib. Like Flynn/Kolb and get in some garbage time and have some team overpay for him or like you said it could be like Mallet. I think at that point in the draft they were going for BPA. If Coughlin can get Damontre Moore to get his head on straight, Moore could be one of the best DEs taken in the draft. Just character/work ethic issues made him drop pretty far
I agree moore could be a beast. I just hope coughlin could motivate him...i'm a tad worried since i don't really see any "leaders" per sey on the giants defense, tuck isn't vocal, i'm sure not sure jpp could do it...then theres rolle but he wont' be on the team after this year...maybe someone will take him under his wings

Edit: As you can see I don't think the giants will be very good this season

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

The niners moved up because they had to many picks and their team is deep and talented, so they moved up to make sure they get the player they wanted. part of the reason the lattimore pick is so good, he can either sit the whole year or wait til later in the season they dont need him right off the bat.

as far as the qb teams always need a plan B, Patriots are proof of that, twice.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The and taleniners moved up because they had to many picks and their team is deep nted, so they moved up to make sure they get the player they wanted. part of the reason the lattimore pick is so good, he can either sit the whole year or wait til later in the season they dont need him right off the bat.

as far as the qb teams always need a plan B, Patriots are proof of that, twice.
i agree, theres no way all those picks would make the team....if they wanted reid thats fine...to me though i just didn't think he was worth a top 20th pick

as for lattimore, i could see the reasoning, but being a giants fan i've watched tyrell thomas struggle with knee problems in his career, to me i'd be surprised if lattimore ever makes the field for more than 5 games in a season

joh408

Awards
  • Established
i agree, theres no way all those picks would make the team....if they wanted reid thats fine...to me though i just didn't think he was worth a top 20th pick

as for lattimore, i could see the reasoning, but being a giants fan i've watched tyrell thomas struggle with knee problems in his career, to me i'd be surprised if lattimore ever makes the field for more than 5 games in a season
Reid compares extremely well with Dashon Goldson in style of play and size although really he is suited for FS where Whitner is at right now. Big hits, good speed but still rough in the coverage aspect. I think he will struggle a little this year but learn quickly.

Hopefully Lattimore does not try to rush it. Frank Gore had 2 season ending knee injuries during his time at Miami and he is a beast of a back. Willis McGahee had a comparable injury in terms of severity at Miami and never returned to form but he has been a serviceable back who has had a decent career. It all depends on how he recovers and what the running back situation looks like. SF is stacked with Gore, Dixon and James.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
It's gonna be a rough season for my Raiders again. Flynn as our starting QB. Run DMC will probably get hurt again.

1st round pick DJ Hayden is already our best corner basically. Draft didn't really make us better for this next year.
Melenik Watson is a raw prospect and is behind Khalif Barnes so he probably won't play.
We are filled at weak side LB so our 3rd round pick Moore probably won't play consistently.
Tyler Wilson is the QB for the future I guess unless we lose for Teddy.
Nick Kasa played 1 year at TE here at CU Boulder and wasn't too impressive except for a 70 yard TD catch against Utah.
Murray will fill in for RB when McFadden gets hurt.
Rivera is actually a good TE pick up so hopefully he sees a lot of snaps.
Rest of the draft was just picking players for picking sake. Maybe Bass makes the squad and plays sparingly since DE is lacking.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reid compares extremely well with Dashon Goldson in style of play and size although really he is suited for FS where Whitner is at right now. Big hits, good speed but still rough in the coverage aspect. I think he will struggle a little this year but learn quickly.

Hopefully Lattimore does not try to rush it. Frank Gore had 2 season ending knee injuries during his time at Miami and he is a beast of a back. Willis McGahee had a comparable injury in terms of severity at Miami and never returned to form but he has been a serviceable back who has had a decent career. It all depends on how he recovers and what the running back situation looks like. SF is stacked with Gore, Dixon and James.
I was discussing Lattimore with a guy I work and mentioned mcgahee....however he reminded me lattimore injury was close to mcgahee...except lattimore blew out his knee the year before as well. i do think lattimore is more talented than mcgahee was coming out of college though

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Hey who do you guys think will lay a bigger turd this year the Jets or the Giants?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Dude the Jets are going to be a train wreck with a dumpster fire going on each car.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 pick next year and no more Rex

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey who do you guys think will lay a bigger turd this year the Jets or the Giants?
jets will be worse than the giants for sure....even if eli's not the best, having him alone will win the giants some games

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
#1 pick next year and no more Rex
Are you saying that with enthusiasm because you are a Jets fan or are you excited he is just going to be out?

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
I also think Ryan will be gone next year he's an ok hc be better of as an dc in my opinion

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
i don't understand the hate for manti....i will start by saying i take every chance i can to destroy notre dame and their awful fans but i can't be a hater, manti's not a bad player...the chargers got basically three first round picks in the first 3 rounds

niners were alittle disapointing with eric reid...could have waited and still got him later in the first but i like the tank pick

i have little room to talk though, as a giants fan i couldn't stand our draft, basically drafting 4 second round players and wasting a pick on a quarter back who may never see the field and may never get the 4th round value back from in terms of trades

there wasn't many stars in this draft but a ton of role players, i think the ravens did the best job over the weekend
Go ND, I'm one of those fans!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude the Jets are going to be a train wreck with a dumpster fire going on each car.
giants are always a decent team in a tough division. they are unpredictable but always play teams hard.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
giants are always a decent team in a tough division. they are unpredictable but always play teams hard.
I hear that! even though they only won like 7 games or so last year they beat the pants off of my 49ers!

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
Who thinks chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFl? I'm a fan of the no huddle spread

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who thinks chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFl? I'm a fan of the no huddle spread
patriots do an up tempo no huddle alot. works for them. this offense is that x 10 but think about it. the defense cant rotate players, change the look...etc if the offense is running a play every 10 seconds. the eagles will look to the sideline for sign cards or hand motions and line up and go. all about mismatches.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You have to have the right QB to run that kind of O. I know M.V is an athlete but I dont think he has the ability to run that kind of offence any more. In his younger days yes but his mobility and line protection both are suspect esp with the injuries he has taken over the past couple of years

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have to have the right QB to run that kind of O. I know M.V is an athlete but I dont think he has the ability to run that kind of offence any more. In his younger days yes but his mobility and line protection both are suspect esp with the injuries he has taken over the past couple of years
the eagles will have one of, if not THE best O line in the NFL this year. his mobility is not what it was, but its still top 3 of qb's in the NFL. and chip doesnt need a mobile qb to run the offense. he didnt have a mobile qb all 4 years at oregon.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
the eagles will have one of, if not THE best O line in the NFL this year. his mobility is not what it was, but its still top 3 of qb's in the NFL. and chip doesnt need a mobile qb to run the offense. he didnt have a mobile qb all 4 years at oregon.
If they can stay healthy they should be good I wouldnt say the best. And I do believe that Philly spent more time this off season working on their D. Chip wants and needs a QB that makes quick decisions and Vick isnt it. I do think he has a SOLID offence and I believe it is one of the better packages out there but I dont think he has the tools he needs to make it successful. Now I hate Payton and Denver but I think that team has the perfect parts for Chip's O

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If they can stay healthy they should be good I wouldnt say the best. And I do believe that Philly spent more time this off season working on their D. Chip wants and needs a QB that makes quick decisions and Vick isnt it. I do think he has a SOLID offence and I believe it is one of the better packages out there but I dont think he has the tools he needs to make it successful. Now I hate Payton and Denver but I think that team has the perfect parts for Chip's O

What makes u think he doesn't make quick decisions? U understand reid and co. made the reciever routes much longer and deeper so vick had to hold it longer

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
I think vick will do fairly well in this offense if he can stay healthy. just imagine vick in his early years runnin this type of offense.. BEAST

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think vick will do fairly well in this offense if he can stay healthy. just imagine vick in his early years runnin this type of offense.. BEAST
key is staying healthy. im a big fan of foles though. he had a terrible line last year and did decent. even when andy wouldnt run the ball.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Early in his years yes but I think we can all agree he has lost a step or two. He is still one of the better qbs in the league but I didnt think he has ability to be an ageless QB like Manning or Brady, both of whom I have no allegiance to but have to respect their craft. He is still a great mobile qb but he relies too much on his former athletics when he should be focusing on how to be a better pocket QB and learning how to really efficiently hone is his cannon.

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
Couldn't agree more, I really think they only use the read option on in the redzone. Vick has a cannon for an arm but doesn't utilize it

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't agree more, I really think they only use the read option on in the redzone. Vick has a cannon for an arm but doesn't utilize it
Or in some cases, over-utilizes it. ie; no touch haha

BamaBrawler

BamaBrawler

Awards
If they over utilize it then he will most defiantly get hurt then comes in files or Barkley and the gameplan will need tweaking

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Early in his years yes but I think we can all agree he has lost a step or two. He is still one of the better qbs in the league but I didnt think he has ability to be an ageless QB like Manning or Brady, both of whom I have no allegiance to but have to respect their craft. He is still a great mobile qb but he relies too much on his former athletics when he should be focusing on how to be a better pocket QB and learning how to really efficiently hone is his cannon.

no disrespect to your opinion but if you watch the All-22 film on eagles games, you will notice the plays were making vick hold the ball longer. longer routes for the receivers...etc plus a HORRIBLE injured O line = no protection/time. if you give vick time, i would take vick over almost any qb in the league besides brady and rodgers.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
no disrespect to your opinion but if you watch the All-22 film on eagles games, you will notice the plays were making vick hold the ball longer. longer routes for the receivers...etc plus a HORRIBLE injured O line = no protection/time. if you give vick time, i would take vick over almost any qb in the league besides brady and rodgers.
Um no, right now at least 10 other qbs easily before Vick. Not only his healthy but his decision making are questionable, Kelly's offense will require that. There is a reason he won't be there after this year. Your arguement he had to hold the ball longer would work if he wasn't a mobile qb. His age is also working against him, his career span will be more like a McNair or McNabb than an elway or manning.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Um no, right now at least 10 other qbs easily before Vick. Not only his healthy but his decision making are questionable, Kelly's offense will require that. There is a reason he won't be there after this year. Your arguement he had to hold the ball longer would work if he wasn't a mobile qb. His age is also working against him, his career span will be more like a McNair or McNabb than an elway or manning.
I'm also surprised they didn't try to get nassib instead of Barkley in the 4th. Nassib should be would have been a better fit.