Floyd Mayweather inks new six-fight, 30-month PPV deal

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great for Boxing...although I prefer HBO and gonna miss 24/7 with Mayweather big time.

Floyd Mayweather inks new six-fight, 30-month PPV deal

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8962874/floyd-mayweather-signs-pay-per-view-deal-showtime-cbs-fight-robert-guerrero-4

av6258

av6258

Awards
What would be really great for boxing is if there was a fighter who could actually deserve to be in the ring with mayweather

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would be really great for boxing is if there was a fighter who could actually deserve to be in the ring with mayweather
That would be the Pac-man of course. He went down on one punch...he was winning the fight until then and just got caught and everybody thinks his career is over, lol no way. One comeback fight and I guarantee he will be #1 choice for Mayweather.

Id love to see a Marquez remach with Mayweather asap.

Canelo Alveraz is on a good path, I think its too early for him Id like to see a few more big fights to make it seem more important.

Adrien Broner is on a great path, but he should be patiently handled and built up well, dunno if 3 years is enough time for him to hit his prime.

av6258

av6258

Awards
I'm sorry but mayweather HANDLED Marquez; a second fight would be a waste. I think Pac-man is out of mayweathers league honestly. That's not the super fight it's cracked up to be. If only andre ward was 10lbs lighter..........

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry but mayweather HANDLED Marquez; a second fight would be a waste. I think Pac-man is out of mayweathers league honestly. That's not the super fight it's cracked up to be. If only andre ward was 10lbs lighter..........
I dont think anyone can beat Mayweather to be honest.

What about Sergio Martinez? If they can meat at a catch weight that would be interesting, Sergio is very fun to watch with them soccer skillz, lol.

wmp05c

Awards
I don't follow boxing that closely (other than what I see on ESPN or hear on the radio) but in a sport driven by money, I really don't see how they didn't find a way to get Pac and Mayweather in the ring when both were in their prime. Likely would have been the highest paying fight all time.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't follow boxing that closely (other than what I see on ESPN or hear on the radio) but in a sport driven by money, I really don't see how they didn't find a way to get Pac and Mayweather in the ring when both were in their prime. Likely would have been the highest paying fight all time.
If boxing has a commissioner such as MLB or the NFL overlooking the entire sport it would have happened, but boxing is full of corrupt promoters and full of bad politics.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
There was no way Mayweather was going to stay with HBO too much bad blood. Mayweather hated Larry Merchant! Plus Im a bigger fan of Showbox. They put on more fights and focus more on the regular fights that lead to the big time. Hell they are still putting Zab Judah in there against some up and comers!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That would be the Pac-man of course. He went down on one punch...he was winning the fight until then and just got caught and everybody thinks his career is over, lol no way. One comeback fight and I guarantee he will be #1 choice for Mayweather.

Id love to see a Marquez remach with Mayweather asap.

Canelo Alveraz is on a good path, I think its too early for him Id like to see a few more big fights to make it seem more important.

Adrien Broner is on a great path, but he should be patiently handled and built up well, dunno if 3 years is enough time for him to hit his prime.
lol....looks like broners great path hit a snag, i couldn't be happier...loved seeing that clown get manhandled.

if broners goal was to be hated then he is a huge success, if that trash being thrown at him as he walked off is any indication, lol.....

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol....looks like broners great path hit a snag, i couldn't be happier...loved seeing that clown get manhandled.

if broners goal was to be hated then he is a huge success, if that trash being thrown at him as he walked off is any indication, lol.....
He really made a fool out of himself. Thats what you get when you promote yourself without ever even facing tough competition and beating up on garbage.

Ill tell you this though....although he was dominated, he did show alot of heart. That fight was very exciting to watch. Kid can take some blows and get back up and stick to the end. I had a feeling Maidana would beat him, he is (maybe now was) very under-rated.

I hope this fight has Broner grow up a bit and take his craft more seriously instead of partying like a douchbag....thats just hope though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that was his corner telling him if he quit his boxing career was over.

i guess you didn't hear that he said he was going to treat this as a win and still party...cause he's a baller.

yo adrien, you lost!!!!

as to floyd, i guess we will never know how good he really is, he will never fight anyone who has a chance to win. floyd has a mouth like ali, only ali didn't run from anyone. floyd is a chump, just like broner!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that was his corner telling him if he quit his boxing career was over.

i guess you didn't hear that he said he was going to treat this as a win and still party...cause he's a baller.

yo adrien, you lost!!!!

as to floyd, i guess we will never know how good he really is, he will never fight anyone who has a chance to win. floyd has a mouth like ali, only ali didn't run from anyone. floyd is a chump, just like broner!!!

Unlike Broner, Mayweather is a really good boxer.

The problem is, who is Mayweather going to fight? There is nobody around his weight class thats as good as him including Pac Man. There was a good young fighter that has a good future that Ive been following named Keith Thurman (He could have crushed Broner the other night), but he needs a few more years of development before getting in the ring with Mayweather and by then Mayweather will probably be retired. Mikey Garcia is interesting, and Timothy Bradley is under-rated, but I dont think they much of chance either.

If Floyed fights Amir Kahn in his next fight, Im seriously going to lose alot of respect for him as a boxer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unlike Broner, Mayweather is a really good boxer.

The problem is, who is Mayweather going to fight? There is nobody around his weight class thats as good as him including Pac Man. There was a good young fighter that has a good future that Ive been following named Keith Thurman (He could have crushed Broner the other night), but he needs a few more years of development before getting in the ring with Mayweather and by then Mayweather will probably be retired. Mikey Garcia is interesting, and Timothy Bradley is under-rated, but I dont think they much of chance either.

If Floyed fights Amir Kahn in his next fight, Im seriously going to lose alot of respect for him as a boxer.
thurman looked good, but i agree...not ready for floyd. a few years ago there were several fighters that could have given floyd a good test, but he chose to duck them. i admit floyd has talent, but you are only as good as your opposition...that is what made ali a legend, he fought a much higher class of boxers than floyd has, or probably will....floyd being the face of boxing has hurt boxing, imo....look at broner, a floyd wannabe!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Before his accident I was hoping that Paul Williams would fight FM jr. I would have loved to see how "money" stacked up a guy who was 6"1'

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone else think floyd patterned his style after roy jones? if he did who could fault him...but i see similarities in the hit but don't get hit styles!!!

i honestly think roy in his day was better than floyd!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
anyone else think floyd patterned his style after roy jones? if he did who could fault him...but i see similarities in the hit but don't get hit styles!!!

I agree Roy had a bit more power in his shots and could take a punch better

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Before his accident I was hoping that Paul Williams would fight FM jr. I would have loved to see how "money" stacked up a guy who was 6"1'
lol...how about tommy hearns!!! there doesn't seem to be many hearns, sugar rays, haglers, or durans around these days...and what happened to all those great mexican boxers of a few years ago? i think mayweather just happens to be on top at the right time, the competition these days seems much depleted from years gone by....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it would of been fun to see floyd against james toney....floyd would have looked like a marathon runner!!!

both had the shoulder roll, would have been dammed interesting, i would have laid down money for that one!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
lol...how about tommy hearns!!! there doesn't seem to be many hearns, sugar rays, haglers, or durans around these days...and what happened to all those great mexican boxers of a few years ago? i think mayweather just happens to be on top at the right time, the competition these days seems much depleted from years gone by....
Ill tell you what happened to the great Mexican fighters Oscar DLJ became the brown Don King and has muddled the sport yet again. And with the rising popularity of MMA and the UFC some potentially great boxers are being drawn into a different arena.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
it would of been fun to see floyd against james toney....floyd would have looked like a marathon runner!!!

both had the shoulder roll, would have been dammed interesting, i would have laid down money for that one!!!
I refuse to pay to watch a "pay per view " match when the new guys on Showtime constantly put together more exciting fights. It seems like the guys fighting those big time fights are just their to get paid much like a baseball player who signs a huge contract. Pujols for example exiting till he got paid.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I refuse to pay to watch a "pay per view " match when the new guys on Showtime constantly put together more exciting fights. It seems like the guys fighting those big time fights are just their to get paid much like a baseball player who signs a huge contract. Pujols for example exiting till he got paid.
sorry i thought the sarcasm would have shown thru...a james toney/floyd mayweather fight would in reality never happen...i was just poking fun at how sorry as$ed ppv is....

i agree!!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
sorry i thought the sarcasm would have shown thru...a james toney/floyd mayweather fight would in reality never happen...i was just poking fun at how sorry as$ed ppv is....

i agree!!!!
LOL i guess I missed it. I think Pay Per View started to go down hill When lennox lewis beat tyson and Holyfield. the styles shifted in the heavyweight division from strong powerful guys who were light on their feet to Ogres who sit with their jabbing hand out, trying to set up their one solid power punch which is 99% of the time a straight right. These heavyweights today dont dodge and wieve. If they do get in a spot where they may get hurt they wrap up and lein on their opponent in an attempt to wear them down. Lewis started this trend and the Klitchko brothers have continued it, their style of fighting is uninspiring to say the least

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL i guess I missed it. I think Pay Per View started to go down hill When lennox lewis beat tyson and Holyfield. the styles shifted in the heavyweight division from strong powerful guys who were light on their feet to Ogres who sit with their jabbing hand out, trying to set up their one solid power punch which is 99% of the time a straight right. These heavyweights today dont dodge and wieve. If they do get in a spot where they may get hurt they wrap up and lein on their opponent in an attempt to wear them down. Lewis started this trend and the Klitchko brothers have continued it, their style of fighting is uninspiring to say the least
say what you will of tyson...the guy was fun to watch.

heavyweight division today is not only uninspiring, to me it is boring!!!

the fights i enjoy most are middleweights and below!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
say what you will of tyson...the guy was fun to watch.

heavyweight division today is not only uninspiring, to me it is boring!!!

the fights i enjoy most are middleweights and below!!!
I remember watching Tyson Holyfield 1 with my dad That was a heavyweight fight!
I agree 100% I watched the last Klitchko fight a few months back and almost fell asleep. the middleweights and below actually do work and throw shots take shots dodge shots its actual boxing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember watching Tyson Holyfield 1 with my dad That was a heavyweight fight!
I agree 100% I watched the last Klitchko fight a few months back and almost fell asleep. the middleweights and below actually do work and throw shots take shots dodge shots its actual boxing.
yup...i can see where many are going to mma, todays boxing is all about padding records with mismatches and avoiding tough matchups. i think this will be floyd mayweathers legacy. this is a shame, because i really enjoy the 'science' of boxing over the all out brawls of mma.

mma reminds me of bar fights i used to see back in the day when i would venture over to the projects on fri-sat nights, minus the guns and knifes, lol.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
yup...i can see where many are going to mma, todays boxing is all about padding records with mismatches and avoiding tough matchups. i think this will be floyd mayweathers legacy. this is a shame, because i really enjoy the 'science' of boxing over the all out brawls of mma.

mma reminds me of bar fights i used to see back in the day when i would venture over to the projects on fri-sat nights, minus the guns and knifes, lol.
those are a good thing to minus out in a fight lol. The science of boxing is amazing I whish they would go back to the mid 1800's when fights would go until some one got knocked out!
screen.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
those are a good thing to minus out in a fight lol. The science of boxing is amazing I whish they would go back to the mid 1800's when fights would go until some one got knocked out!
View attachment 94005
i liked that movie with clint eastwood...the one that he went around with an orangutan named clyde looking for fights...they kept to the queensbury rules better than they do in actual boxing matches, lol....every which way but loose, had to look it up.

but yeah, that would have been a nice distraction to have a traveling boxer come to town and take on all comers!!! i bet there were a lot of broner types who got their comeupance, lol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Maybe...but everyone copies someone else in the past.

Roy competed in some heavier weight classes so naturally he will have more pop, and I think he was more of a slugger. Floyd is just a little harder to hit with his shoulder roll style and superb defense, which if I was a boxer Id wanna be more like Floyd.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe...but everyone copies someone else in the past.

Roy competed in some heavier weight classes so naturally he will have more pop, and I think he was more of a slugger. Floyd is just a little harder to hit with his shoulder roll style and superb defense, which if I was a boxer Id wanna be more like Floyd.
when roy was a middle weight he was practically impossible to hit. moving up in weight he came up against guys who were naturally heavier than him so he got cornered more often...trust me if floyd were to try to move up to heavy weight he would take a beating and be a sitting duck at that heavier weight. go back and look at some old roy middleweight fights, hell even super middleweight fights and tell me floyds defense is better...

lol...floyd at heavyweight is a joke. edge to roy!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when roy was a middle weight he was practically impossible to hit. moving up in weight he came up against guys who were naturally heavier than him so he got cornered more often...trust me if floyd were to try to move up to heavy weight he would take a beating and be a sitting duck at that heavier weight. go back and look at some old roy middleweight fights, hell even super middleweight fights and tell me floyds defense is better...

lol...floyd at heavyweight is a joke. edge to roy!!!
I remember he put his hands behind his back against the rope, dodge a left then right and then he swung his arm out and knocked the guy out, he was such an amazing talent.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember he put his hands behind his back against the rope, dodge a left then right and then he swung his arm out and knocked the guy out, he was such an amazing talent.
to be honest, roy had to move up in weight because he had no competition at lower weights.

roy claimed he had a broken right hand when he defended against bernard hopkins, outpointed the future hall of famer with one hand.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I would say that was the defining moment where all these Zab Juda & Paul Malignaggi types were like damn I want to do that and be cool just like him. The only problem is they dont have to power to knock out their competition.
And there is not one fighter who I can think of off the top of my head that RJ jr dodged I would say his major downfall was going up to heavy then coming back down he just didnt seem the same after that.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of Roy Jones....he has a fight with the legendary (lol, not) Zine Eddine Benmakhlouf this Saturday in Russia.

Damn Jones just cant give up the gloves. Saw his one fight in russia he got knocked out after he got knocked out, yes he got knocked out twice in once knockout. Damn referee didnt know how to ref and protect a comatose man from getting hit.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Speaking of Roy Jones....he has a fight with the legendary (lol, not) Zine Eddine Benmakhlouf this Saturday in Russia.

Damn Jones just cant give up the gloves. Saw his one fight in russia he got knocked out after he got knocked out, yes he got knocked out twice in once knockout. Damn referee didnt know how to ref and protect a comatose man from getting hit.
is it going to be on HBO or Showtime

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it going to be on HBO or Showtime
You think they care about Roy Jones fighting these days? Even less than the prospect of having them covering the Klitchkos.

You can only view it online I believe, unless you live in Russia. Maybe in Russia it will be on a local cable network, lol.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You think they care about Roy Jones fighting these days? Even less than the prospect of having them covering the Klitchkos.

You can only view it online I believe, unless you live in Russia. Maybe in Russia it will be on a local cable network, lol.
Its for a belt why wouldnt it be broadcast?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its for a belt why wouldnt it be broadcast?
Lol...yeah Im sure you know that the same vacant belt is being put up for grabs both on Wednesday and Saturday.

Too many damn belts out there. Roy Jones said after his last victory (which I think he really lost) he wanted to add the "Cruiserweight title" to his collection.

Damn hang it up Roy, you have nothing to prove. I love you on HBO.

Im not a MMA fan, but respect it. What you just posted there I do not respect.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Im not a MMA fan, but respect it. What you just posted there I do not respect.
I cant believe that it is even being considered. Could you imagine if he lost though :trout: <--- if you know what I mean lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant believe that it is even being considered. Could you imagine if he lost though :trout: <--- if you know what I mean lol
Thats what I was thinking....its extra incentive to put her out (wait, that didnt sound right, lol.)

Its shyt like this that hurts the sport if someone especially her gets seriously injured. Imagine if this match was in the USA? If she got hurt Obama would sign an executive order to further wussyfy all sports.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards