NHL is back!

  1. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    NHL is back!


    Went to the Bruins opener tonight, and they looked awesome! Tons of shots, won the large majority of face offs, and the defense was killer!!
    Personally, I can care less about the *******, I'm just glad hockey is back!
    I'm thinkin my B's have a legit shot at a cup run this year......thoughts???

  2. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,844
    Rep Power
    2953728
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    mighty ducks are better
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    mighty ducks are better
    You MUST be kidding!!!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    wmp05c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    35158
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    74.22%

    My Bolts started great, haven't looked so good the last two games though
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wmp05c View Post
    My Bolts started great, haven't looked so good the last two games though
    Poor Crombeen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  6. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Went to the Bruins opener tonight, and they looked awesome! Tons of shots, won the large majority of face offs, and the defense was killer!!
    Personally, I can care less about the *******, I'm just glad hockey is back!
    I'm thinkin my B's have a legit shot at a cup run this year......thoughts???
    Screw the Bruins. Damn Jacobs is the main reason the ******* lasted so damn long.
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

    Screw the Bruins. Damn Jacobs is the main reason the ******* lasted so damn long.
    Yeah....one dude kept the ******* going! It definitely wasn't the owners union....no not at all
  8. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Blackhawks.


    that is all
  9. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Yeah....one dude kept the ******* going! It definitely wasn't the owners union....no not at all
    Glad you agree.

    Considering the vote has to be unanimous.
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    Blackhawks.


    that is all
    In cup form.. thats for damn sure.
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It's cool...everyone hates the top teams when it's not theirs. I'll consider it a compliment to the B's. watch them beat up on the Habs tonight if you wanna see some real hockey!
  12. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The B-Hawks will lose it....you'll see!
  13. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

    In cup form.. thats for damn sure.
    yeah buddy. Crawford has improved, so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    The B-Hawks will lose it....you'll see!
    we'll see, but they are playing pretty dang well.
  14. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post

    yeah buddy. Crawford has improved, so far.

    we'll see, but they are playing pretty dang well.
    Yeah I'll give you that, they look pretty decent. I'm still sticking by my B's tho! The boys are getting healthy and our goal tending is only getting stronger! Plus freeing up 5 mil by dumping Thomas doesn't hurt!
  15. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    Yeah I'll give you that, they look pretty decent. I'm still sticking by my B's tho! The boys are getting healthy and our goal tending is only getting stronger! Plus freeing up 5 mil by dumping Thomas doesn't hurt!
    I hate chara more than anyone..

    but will admit, if he came to Chicago, I would be a fan hahha
  16. New Member
    DV663's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    54137
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    64.47%

    Devils!!!
  17. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DV663 View Post
    Devils!!!
    Old Brody is gonna need a new hip by the end of the season!! I don't know how he still looks so sharp!!
  18. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post

    I hate chara more than anyone..

    but will admit, if he came to Chicago, I would be a fan hahha
    Haha....I would hate him if we had to play against him too!! The dude is a beast! My only issue with Chara is his amount of D-zone give aways, sometimes i think he is the reason I have gray hair!
  19. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    Haha....I would hate him if we had to play against him too!! The dude is a beast! My only issue with Chara is his amount of D-zone give aways, sometimes i think he is the reason I have gray hair!
    the giant has to have a weakness.


    it was so funny to see Kane skating for a puck against him...it was like watchin a kid be bullied in grade school.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    If history holds true, Chicago is winning the Stanley Cup this year.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  21. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If history holds true, Chicago is winning the Stanley Cup this year.
    I like the sound of that
  22. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post

    I like the sound of that
    Hey they finally lost a game! Impressive run though!
  23. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83753
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    Hey they finally lost a game! Impressive run though!
    very impressive!

    they have a great team this year. the depth is amazing.
  24. New Member
    ryane87's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    27655
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

    My team has become useless over the last few years. The Red Wings. I remember when we expected cups. Now, I'm just hoping we make it to the play-offs and make a little noise.
  25. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    My team has become useless over the last few years. The Red Wings. I remember when we expected cups. Now, I'm just hoping we make it to the play-offs and make a little noise.
    Although it's been a rough patch for them, it is Detroit! They won't be outta the game for too long!

    Look how long my B's were without a cup, now there is almost no stopping them!
  26. Senior Member
    drinkyboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    118553
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    24.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Wings all the way! I don't know what they will do this season but I'm glad to have some to watch.
  27. New Member
    bigbear22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    7518
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    52%

    NHL


    Chicago kicking serious ass this year. Fortunate enough to see spin o ramo goal by Kane against Dallas. INSANE!
  28. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Started this thread last year, gonna bump it again for this year.
    Who ya got, and why?
    I'm sticking strong by my Bruins. Rask is a tad shaky this year, but I think he'll get it together. The young guys are hungry, and kinda remind me of the 2013 Red Sox.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I think Boston's days as a top contender are coming to an end. Their forwards keep getting injured, Chara is starting to look his age (finally), Hamilton hasn't developed as quickly as they hoped, and the Seguin trade has ended horribly for them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  30. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I think Boston's days as a top contender are coming to an end. Their forwards keep getting injured, Chara is starting to look his age (finally), Hamilton hasn't developed as quickly as they hoped, and the Seguin trade has ended horribly for them.
    things are definitely more bumpy than a year or 2 ago. Sequin needed to go, he was a hothead and bad for the club. Chara is still a huge injury to have right now, and even at his worst, his ice presence is tops in the NHL. I agree on his aging though, I give him 2-3 more years.
    Siedenburg is having a rough go this year too, looks slow. I really like how Bartkowski is coming along, and Pasternak is going to be an all-star
  31. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    things are definitely more bumpy than a year or 2 ago. Sequin needed to go, he was a hothead and bad for the club. Chara is still a huge injury to have right now, and even at his worst, his ice presence is tops in the NHL. I agree on his aging though, I give him 2-3 more years. Siedenburg is having a rough go this year too, looks slow. I really like how Bartkowski is coming along, and Pasternak is going to be an all-star
    Kinda hard to give up on a 20 year old with that much talent and for such a small amount of compensation as well. He had to learn the game and realize that he wasn't automatically the best player on the ice. They didn't need to bring him up immediately to the NHL and should've stashed him in the AHL for a year to let him adapt to a more physical style and to let him start to fill out his frame.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  32. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Kinda hard to give up on a 20 year old with that much talent and for such a small amount of compensation as well. He had to learn the game and realize that he wasn't automatically the best player on the ice. They didn't need to bring him up immediately to the NHL and should've stashed him in the AHL for a year to let him adapt to a more physical style and to let him start to fill out his frame.
    I agree, and he seems to have calmed down a tad in Dallas. But.... He was a huuuuge ass pain in the locker room, was hard to handle in Boston and was just becoming a liability. That type of guy doesn't last on any of our teams for very long. I actually saw him out in the city a few times, dude was nuts!!!
    Sometimes just being good isn't enough to make a team hold onto a guy. Plus, I'm a big fan of Eriksson so I'm still looking at the trade as a win for the B's
  33. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    I agree, and he seems to have calmed down a tad in Dallas. But.... He was a huuuuge ass pain in the locker room, was hard to handle in Boston and was just becoming a liability. That type of guy doesn't last on any of our teams for very long. I actually saw him out in the city a few times, dude was nuts!!! Sometimes just being good isn't enough to make a team hold onto a guy. Plus, I'm a big fan of Eriksson so I'm still looking at the trade as a win for the B's
    Loui has done what since the trade? Like I said, he was freaking 20 and didn't need to be called up. If he needed to be humbled, then they should've never immediately brought him to the NHL. It's not like there's less trouble he can get in over in Dallas; hell there's probably more trouble over there as that place has a notorious nightlife. Was he a brat? Probably, but they shouldn't have drafted him in the first place if they knew he wasn't one of "them."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  34. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Loui has done what since the trade? Like I said, he was freaking 20 and didn't need to be called up. If he needed to be humbled, then they should've never immediately brought him to the NHL. It's not like there's less trouble he can get in over in Dallas; hell there's probably more trouble over there as that place has a notorious nightlife. Was he a brat? Probably, but they shouldn't have drafted him in the first place if they knew he wasn't one of "them."
    not a fan of Loui?! I think he has done great. He has a smarter style of play and is 1,000 times better on the defensive end. Plus we needed another experienced forward. Don't get me wrong, Tyler is a great player, not knocking him in that aspect, I just didn't mind seeing the trade.
    What do you think of Gagne? I'm not impressed so far.
  35. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Rodja you a Bruins fan or just know hockey well?
  36. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Just a big hockey fan. Have been since I was a teenager. Favorite hockey moment is June 9, 2001. As a Bruins fan, that was probably a bittersweet moment.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  37. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,955
    Rep Power
    4860763
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    21.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I was very happy to see Bourque win, regardless of the team. He was always my favorite player growing up.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  38. Senior Member
    cubsfan815's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  298 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,951
    Rep Power
    3244668
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    44.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I'm still in shock from the OT loss in game 7 last year WCF. If Blackhawks win that game, they would have repeated.

    With that said, new season, One Goal!

    Go Hawks
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  39. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I was very happy to see Bourque win, regardless of the team. He was always my favorite player growing up.
    It was especially nice for me as a huge Avs fan. The year before was heartbreaking with Borque's shot defending off of Deadmarsh and an inch away from tying the WCF.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  40. Senior Member
    Wrivest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    289396
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm glad Borque got one, just wish it was while wearing the B.
    My hockey nightmare was when Samulson took out Neely's knee.... Hurts to think about
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rakey is Back!!!!!
    By txwakeskater in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 12:21 AM
  2. Donation option is back!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 08:32 AM
  3. Rakey is Back AGAIN!
    By txwakeskater in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Reminder. IGF is BACK instock
    By MuscleResearch in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:25 AM
  5. C-bizzle is back under the new name QQQQQQ
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in