Philly signs M.Vick !

  1. Philly signs M.Vick !


    All over espn as of just about 45 min. ago Micheal Vick has accepted a two year contract with the Philedelphia Eagles .


    Congratulations Philly , now you can have two sh!tty quarterbacks !!


  2. I disagree. This is a great move with no guaranteed money. Just imagine mcnabb with vick and westbrook lining up behind him. Not only that but if Mcnabb gets injured again he's not a bad backup. Also I am not an Eagles fan but I think Mcnabb is a great quarterback because he does well despite all the injuries and not having the big name WR's like Brady and peyton. He is a hall of famer imo. Very under rated.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by pitt6691 View Post
    I disagree. This is a great move with no guaranteed money. Just imagine mcnabb with vick and westbrook lining up behind him. Not only that but if Mcnabb gets injured again he's not a bad backup. Also I am not an Eagles fan but I think Mcnabb is a great quarterback because he does well despite all the injuries and not having the big name WR's like Brady and peyton. He is a hall of famer imo. Very under rated.
    Yeah I get where you are coming from (except the hall o fame part) I know it won't be to the Eagle's detriment to have Vick as backup but I am a Pats fan all the way and just had to talk a little trash . I am fairly sure D.M. still holds a spot in the record books for most consecutively completed passes-26 . And a healthy , focused , on-point Brian Westbrook is definetly not to be taken lightly .
    •   
       


  4. Great move!!!!! Plus Maclin has played in the spread offense all his college career, you are gonna see some interesting looks from our offense. When R.Brown or whoever else lined up in the wildcat last year, safeties cheated over because they knew he wasnt throwing. Now if you have Vick back there who can also throw it (not extremely accurately but ok) and who has ridiculous speed, that give defenses all sorts of problems! Being a fan of watching Vick play Im extremely excited. Now if only we could stop getting injured..

  5. Just by watching sportscenter with all the fat pear shaped women picketing with their homemade dog sweatshirts and stupid signs they spent all night making it kind of makes me sick. If you are a real football fan in philly I would think you would have to be excited and give the guy a chance. He was in prison for 2 years and is going to be doing his community service so I don't see what the big deal is. I love dogs as much as the next guy but when donte stallworth can get drunk and high while killing a person and only get 24 days something is really wrong here.

  6. I'm not entirely convinced Vick will have success as a hybrid back, but I may be wrong. I think a large degree of his rushing success was based on his ability to pass and rush. With his options somewhat limited, I think that gives defenses an easier time with him.

  7. Yea but having him in the backfield with Mcnabb and Westbrook will definitely overwhelm defenses. If Andy lines them up like that, this gives the offense infinite possibilities to direct snap, half back passes, flea flickers (Vick's specialty lolol), and who knows what else. The word on the street is that he still has that rocket arm, but we have yet to see him run 100%.
  8. keeper
    keeper's Avatar

    I think this is a smart for Philly and I'm glad to see Vick get back into the game. He committed a crime, he paid. Now he's back at work. That's as it should be. He'll see plenty of play time, as injury-prone as McNabb is. But MAN, has Vick got some work to do on that bod. He's puffy and soft looking.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    I think this is a smart for Philly and I'm glad to see Vick get back into the game. He committed a crime, he paid. Now he's back at work. That's as it should be. He'll see plenty of play time, as injury-prone as McNabb is. But MAN, has Vick got some work to do on that bod. He's puffy and soft looking.
    Hahah I agree on so many levels. Funny that you mentioned him being soft looking, he said in some interview "Ive been keeping up and exercising, trying to restore my physical physique". 2 years of prison food will do this to you I guess. Lesson to learn from this, don't take your perfectly fresh eggwhites and excellent pure isolates for granted lol

  10. micheal vick is a superathlete

  11. have you seen him run supermanathletebeastmachinethi nghulkguy

  12. Quote Originally Posted by pitt6691 View Post
    I love dogs as much as the next guy
    With alll due respect, I'm not too sure that's an accurate statement.

    What human being can even contemplate, let alone go though with what he did to innocent dogs? What a piece of SH*T!

    """"Any dog that wasn't in the fighting spirit or did not like to fight was either killed by Michael, directed to be killed, tortured, electricuted, drowned ,stabbed, you name it""""


    Being a huge NFL fan, I fully appreciate and acknowledge him being a mega-talent but he is a piece of garbage regardless and will never earn my forgiveness, well, certainly not after a measely 2 years of joke "prison" time!

    Take some time to think about the volumes of inhumane torture he put those dogs through, not to mention death!

    I'm no PETA freak or Animal activist type - this is simply an issue of HUMAN morality as far I'm concened. This f*k can die for all I care with his patronizing ingenuine apologies. Give me a break!

  13. I'm still on the fence with this one. They guy will sell tickets, that's the most important factor in all of this. The 2nd, a close 2nd, but 2nd nonetheless is whether or not Goddell thinks he will screw up again. Buy Goddell reinstating him it seems as though he thinks he should be over this bullsh*t. Tony Dungy played a key role in all of this obviously, and Mike Vick should promptly get on his knees and blow Dungy. Without him this wouldn't have happened.

    The guy paid his debt to society, and we should give the guy a 2nd chance. But he had a life of luxury that many of us would do a hell of alot more with than running and interstate gambling and dog fighting ring, and brutally murdering these innocent animals (not a PETA guy here either lol). He f*ct that up bad the first time around. This is where my dilemma comes in.....I said that I think he should be given a second chance, but does he deserve a second chance at this lifestyle again and making more money in 17 weeks than many people see in a lifetime?
  14. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    With alll due respect, I'm not too sure that's an accurate statement.

    What human being can even contemplate, let alone go though with what he did to innocent dogs? What a piece of SH*T!

    """"Any dog that wasn't in the fighting spirit or did not like to fight was either killed by Michael, directed to be killed, tortured, electricuted, drowned ,stabbed, you name it""""


    Being a huge NFL fan, I fully appreciate and acknowledge him being a mega-talent but he is a piece of garbage regardless and will never earn my forgiveness, well, certainly not after a measely 2 years of joke "prison" time!

    Take some time to think about the volumes of inhumane torture he put those dogs through, not to mention death!

    I'm no PETA freak or Animal activist type - this is simply an issue of HUMAN morality as far I'm concened. This f*k can die for all I care with his patronizing ingenuine apologies. Give me a break!
    There are plenty of piece of **** human beings who make a living every day running your country, states, counties, cities, schools...and some you even hear about.
    Look at all these little kids takin' care of the music biz don't their bus'ness take good care of me...

  15. Keep it classy Philly!

  16. We are a country of 2nd chances. The depth of his remorse remains to be seen, there is no guarantee that this is going to work out but he deserves the chance. I think more people have a problem with the fact that he was a so called pampered athlete than anything else. Some guy not far from here shot his two dogs cause he couldn't take care of them and got off with a fine. If you don't like him, you have the right to not watch him play. He is a talented athlete therefore, as long as he keeps it together, People will watch.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    With alll due respect, I'm not too sure that's an accurate statement.

    What human being can even contemplate, let alone go though with what he did to innocent dogs? What a piece of SH*T!

    """"Any dog that wasn't in the fighting spirit or did not like to fight was either killed by Michael, directed to be killed, tortured, electricuted, drowned ,stabbed, you name it""""


    Being a huge NFL fan, I fully appreciate and acknowledge him being a mega-talent but he is a piece of garbage regardless and will never earn my forgiveness, well, certainly not after a measely 2 years of joke "prison" time!

    Take some time to think about the volumes of inhumane torture he put those dogs through, not to mention death!

    I'm no PETA freak or Animal activist type - this is simply an issue of HUMAN morality as far I'm concened. This f*k can die for all I care with his patronizing ingenuine apologies. Give me a break!
    When it comes to morality, we can't pick and choose.

    I think you'd agree that c0ckfighting, a bloody fight to the death between roosters for entertainment, is unethical and despicable. Well, it turns out that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, and Abraham Lincoln were all avid participants in that "sport."

    Knowing this, are you as disgusted with them as you are Vick?

    And we can't argue, in terms of morality, that our forefathers are less guilty because they may not have actually killed the roosters with their bare hands. If my friend is raping a woman, and I'm cheering him on, am I any less responsible than he is?

    And speaking of PETA, they destroy more than 90% of the companion animals turned in to them annually. Why? Because, according to their reps, it's "not their job to function as an animal shelter." So basically, as long as they don't suffer, killing animals when they can be adopted, is justified. This made national headlines in 2008... but I don't see droves of people all up in arms over that.

    I agree with Fastone, a lot of the hate has to do with how much money he was making. His prior salary is entirely beside the point. That's more of an issue of covetousness on the hater's part. I also think people can be so full of sh#t when they "rank" wrongdoings. Think of the number of people who have committed, say... adultery. Relatively speaking, that's pretty "immoral" and "sick." The emotional damage that comes from those kinds of mistakes can destroy lives and families. But there's no prison time served, and there's no watchdog group like PETA that will show up at the adulterer's next wedding. We need to be careful not to start categorizing immoral actions... and just forgive.

    I should say that I'm not trying to change your mind about Vick. Personally, I'm not a fan of the player or the person. A lot of the emotions centered around him are manipulated by the talking heads in the media and the constant barrage of TV coverage. I just think that, at the end of the day, we ALL live in glass houses.

    Okay... I'm gonna step down from my soapbox now.
    RTR.

  18. Just for the sake of argument. If Michael Vick tortured and killed Possums or Raccoons instead of Dogs do you think anyone give a $h!t? Would Vick still go to Prison for 2 years? Would he be forced to give money to the "Save the Possums Foundation?" I wonder?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by pitt6691 View Post
    Just for the sake of argument. If Michael Vick tortured and killed Possums or Raccoons instead of Dogs do you think anyone give a $h!t? Would Vick still go to Prison for 2 years? Would he be forced to give money to the "Save the Possums Foundation?" I wonder?
    No, no, and no. But didn't you know... possums and raccoons don't have puppy dog eyes?

    It disgusts me that there's so much hypocrisy at the core of the Vick issue. It must be miserable to be such a hater.
    RTR.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    No, no, and no. But didn't you know... possums and raccoons don't have puppy dog eyes?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by pitt6691 View Post
    Just imagine mcnabb with vick and westbrook lining up behind him.
    Wild cat just got wilder

  22. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    No, no, and no. But didn't you know... possums and raccoons don't have puppy dog eyes?

    It disgusts me that there's so much hypocrisy at the core of the Vick issue. It must be miserable to be such a hater.
    Can still hate him cause he's a F**kin Eagle ?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Can still hate him cause he's a F**kin Eagle ?
    Pretty sure God overlooks that kind of contempt.
    RTR.

  24. many a pro athelete hunts or fishes in off season. would shooting deer make them a bad person/role model?? what rubber said about our forefathers, i never knew that.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Pretty sure God overlooks that kind of contempt.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    many a pro athelete hunts or fishes in off season. would shooting deer make them a bad person/role model?? what rubber said about our forefathers, i never knew that.

    That is pretty much the most retarded comparison I have ever seen.

  27. 2 TD's this weekend, good pick up for the eagles imo
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Monolift in Philly
    By Pulcinella in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 02:38 PM
  2. Jersey/Philly....
    By JudoJosh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:55 AM
  3. MMA expo in Philly and AC
    By JudoJosh in forum MMA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 01:02 PM
  4. Ali-g Rollin With The Philly P D ! ! !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
  5. Philly steak sandwich
    By yeahright in forum Recipes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Log in
Log in