B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YouTube - MLB :: David Ortiz Speaks About Steroid Testing ::

David Ortiz of Boston Red Sox apologizes, says he never used or bought steroids - ESPN

David Ortiz: 'I Never Used Steroids'

OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN STEROIDS ARE STEROIDS!!!

Legal nutritional supplements DO NOT cause positive test results for steroids unless they contain steroids. Some of these players are victims of the manufactures just like any of you guys taking stuff and having no idea what it contains.

I will say that it is complete bullshit that they make these private, anonymous, confidential test results public. The MLB players union should be suing the pants off the government.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
David Ortiz is a washed up bum... but yes, you are right.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
David Ortiz most likely took legal prohormones such as superdrol, h-drol or whatever, resulting in a positive hit for banned substances. Maybe he didn't actually inject test or hgh like many other players did, but hands down he was still using hormones to gain an edge in his sport.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
they say they are steroids or pro hormones on most of them, he just never suspected to get caught because they were legal. It's BS and he knew what he was taking... all of them did.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
I don't really even see what the big deal is personally, so what they juice? I have to pay $80 for a ticket to see a game at Yankee stadium, now what do the people really wanna see, A 180 pound guy trying to single off a 85mph fastball or a 230 pound beast driving a 100mph fast ball 450 feet over the center field wall??

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I don't really even see what the big deal is personally, so what they juice? I have to pay $80 for a ticket to see a game at Yankee stadium, now what do the people really wanna see, A 180 pound guy trying to single off a 85mph fastball or a 230 pound beast driving a 100mph fast ball 450 feet over the center field wall??
Talk to those f*cking ancient senators. They are all worried about the ligitamacy of the statistics that are blowing their 1940's players out of the water.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Talk to those f*cking ancient senators. They are all worried about the ligitamacy of the statistics that are blowing their 1940's players out of the water.
I know right, times change records are meant to be broke, let the sport evolve.

For the amount of money these guys are making playing baseball juicing should be mandatory, now imagine those baseball games lol

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I know right, times change records are meant to be broke, let the sport evolve.

For the amount of money these guys are making playing baseball juicing should be mandatory, now imagine those baseball games lol
There's also room in the game for guys that don't necessarily juice either... "small ball"... In all honesty though, I don't think that the players should have free-reign to juice throughout the season, but why not through their strength training phase of camp or off season? And who's to say MLB players were not using steroids in the 70s and 80s? Steroids werent invented in 1996, fools.

Look at the UFC. Almost all of those guys cycle throughout the year, and no one cares as long as they dont fail a piss test post fight.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the UFC. Almost all of those guys cycle throughout the year, and no one cares as long as they dont fail a piss test post fight.
You would know better than I, TL: how rampant is steroid use to your knowledge in MMA? Specifically the UFC, that is.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
You would know better than I, TL: how rampant is steroid use to your knowledge in MMA? Specifically the UFC, that is.
My information is second-hand, obviously... but from the (reliable) things I've heard... most of the top dominant guys in the sport use steroids or supplements that would show up in a drug test - even today.

The thing is, I'm not sure the fans would give a sh*t...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My information is second-hand, obviously... but from the (reliable) things I've heard... most of the top dominant guys in the sport use steroids or supplements that would show up in a drug test - even today.

The thing is, I'm not sure the fans would give a sh*t...
I suppose it would all depend on the compounds in question, and obviously the interim period between fights. The NSAC's testing standards are quite stringent - randomized pre-fight, and post-fight - but things can always be masked. Given that the NSAC tests for masking agents as well as common ancilliaries, these would have to be short cycles.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
couldnt agree more

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
Exactly, who gives a flying sack of bull balls if these guys are juicing on not? Only the brainwashed government officials and all who listen to and buy into their BS. There is NO research that shows steroids are "bad" for you. You can make the argument about sides all you want, but its all BS.. substances that cause cancer and destroy your liver are legal and accepted in our glorious country, but a substance that helps your body grow and heal is illegal? We are not sheep who need to be controlled, we are men and women who are of sound minds and can make our own decisions. The sauce not only makes you bigger, faster, leaner, but it heals your injury's faster... Helps aching joints, etc. These guys beat the hell out of themselves for a living! You the consumer DEMAND to see more home runs, bigger hits, more points scored!!! The athlete hears your calls and is giving us all what we want. These brainwashed politicians should stop waisting their time creating panels to "try" athletes and focus on the rampant crime and decrease in moral compass of our country.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Exactly, who gives a flying sack of bull balls if these guys are juicing on not? Only the brainwashed government officials and all who listen to and buy into their BS. There is NO research that shows steroids are "bad" for you. You can make the argument about sides all you want, but its all BS.. substances that cause cancer and destroy your liver are legal and accepted in our glorious country, but a substance that helps your body grow and heal is illegal? We are not sheep who need to be controlled, we are men and women who are of sound minds and can make our own decisions. The sauce not only makes you bigger, faster, leaner, but it heals your injury's faster... Helps aching joints, etc. These guys beat the hell out of themselves for a living! You the consumer DEMAND to see more home runs, bigger hits, more points scored!!! The athlete hears your calls and is giving us all what we want. These brainwashed politicians should stop waisting their time creating panels to "try" athletes and focus on the rampant crime and decrease in moral compass of our country.
well put my friend

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Not disagreeing with you here but study the effects of steroids on atherosclerosis, lipid levels, etc. There are no direct research evidencing steroids to cause death, but to say that the side effects are Bs is very ignorant, IMO.

And as far as the Ortiz case goes, who cares. He probably took something that was legal in 03', big deal. You see how when the label "illegal" is placed on something, it is all of a sudden an outrage.

I laughed at the fact that DHEA is on the banned list for NBA players, like wtf is that really all about? We're at a point where caffeine pills are not allowed in certain sports...pathetic.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not disagreeing with you here but study the effects of steroids on atherosclerosis, lipid levels, etc. There are no direct research evidencing steroids to cause death, but to say that the side effects are Bs is very ignorant, IMO.

And as far as the Ortiz case goes, who cares. He probably took something that was legal in 03', big deal. You see how when the label "illegal" is placed on something, it is all of a sudden an outrage.

I laughed at the fact that DHEA is on the banned list for NBA players, like wtf is that really all about? We're at a point where caffeine pills are not allowed in certain sports...pathetic.
you should read the NCAA Sports Medicine Handbook... I believe supplements where 30% or more of the cals come from protein is banned. The NCAA is killer on the front of supplements.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tend to agree that he took something OTC with the assumption is was legal, not a steroid, because it was legal to purchase OTC.

Consider for a second the newbie flaming you guys would give him for - what's your post cycle look like? What are you running for liver support? What are you taking for your lipid support?

These SOB manufacturers are to blame and who and what they are going after and I support them 100%. You simply just don't sell steroids over the counter. They are the ones who have blatantly and openly skated around all the the legislative actions in order to continue to find ways - make money selling [kids] illegal steroids.

Maybe when you guys are older you may have a different perspective on what you are or have done to your bodies and should have know better.

I would much sooner use old school illegal steroids than the bullshit that they are capping, putting in bottles and slapping a label with some bullshit nomenclature on it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's also room in the game for guys that don't necessarily juice either... "small ball"... In all honesty though, I don't think that the players should have free-reign to juice throughout the season, but why not through their strength training phase of camp or off season? And who's to say MLB players were not using steroids in the 70s and 80s? Steroids werent invented in 1996, fools.

Exactly. MLB has turned its shoulder to the issue for a long time. Anyone who thinks that guys 20-30 years ago weren't even possibly taking steroids to some degree are just plain ignorant. Not every AAS is going to turn you into a mass monster. Some guys are just smarter than others when it comes to that side of the game. Barry Bonds = Fail.

Now, this issue has been blown so far out of proportion that it's utterly ridiculous. A few names leak, and now they have extended the already massive black eye that hangs over MLB. In all honesty, who gives a flying fukc anymore. Release all the damn names on the list at this point. They're athletes; athletes have been doing things for MANY generations in order to give themselves an "edge".

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. MLB has turned its shoulder to the issue for a long time. Anyone who thinks that guys 20-30 years ago weren't even possibly taking steroids to some degree are just plain ignorant. Not every AAS is going to turn you into a mass monster. Some guys are just smarter than others when it comes to that side of the game. Barry Bonds = Fail.

Now, this issue has been blown so far out of proportion that it's utterly ridiculous. A few names leak, and now they have extended the already massive black eye that hangs over MLB. In all honesty, who gives a flying fukc anymore. Release all the damn names on the list at this point. They're athletes; athletes have been doing things for MANY generations in order to give themselves an "edge".
Miguel Tejada
Miguel Odalis (Martinez) Tejada
All-Star Player
Bats: Right , Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10" , Weight: 170 lb.

2004 Home Run Derby Champion

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yep, I own this T-shirt. :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree (outside of making fun of Sox fans) this is silly. Let it go at this point, a good portion of the gneration was doing them, thats what it will be known for. Nothing can be done, so lets move on

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What is with you guys and your intense fear of gay marriage?