2009 College Football Season

Page 12 of 69 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    THIS IS THE ONLY POST THAT PEOPLE DIDN'T BASH ME ON......WHY??
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    No one watched it.
    LMAO
    But honestly Plenny, I was really trying to find the time to watch it.

2. Registered User

THIS IS THE ONLY POST THAT PEOPLE DIDN'T BASH ME ON......WHY??
    Maybe because its not as crazy as the rest of your comments? Penn State had an impressive season and I enjoyed watching them play their regular season. I was one of the few ppl I knew who said they'd win the Big Ten last year..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

The Big Ten a top conference? lol They are at least the 4th or 5th best. I'd put them behind the SEC, Big 12, Pac-10 and ACC.

Big Ten
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Nice.

No one watched it.
    See I told you were to bright for me you saw right through me. I'm real proud of you.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

i guess the big 10 needs to start their own thread. It's totally insane in here. The thread is clearly titled.."college footbal 2009", but it has been hijacked by the SEC faithful. The message sent in here is that the SEC is the best and only conference, and no one dare to express opinions about other schools or conferences. IT isnt just ME, i've noticed others getting flamed for merely just being a fan of a school that doesn't agree to the likes of the SEC faithful. Unfortunatley, I will be starting my cutting cycle starting June 1st., therefore no one has to put up with the "annoyance" of a Big 10 Fan. If i came off as annoying, i apologize. In general i am not an argumentive person except for football (college and pro). I had some good laughs on here and i dont take any of the critisism personal, i just want to say with my cutting phase( 2 times a day), work, and family, i will be absent till the middle of JULY(maybe i'll chime in on a sunday)...Keep the trash talkin' going and remember there isn't just one conference in college football.
  6. Registered User

i guess the big 10 needs to start their own thread. It's totally insane in here. remember there isn't just one conference in college football.

Probably a combination of too much time between seasons and more SEC fans on this thread. But just differences of opinion - nothing personal.

Good luck with your cutting cycle
  7. Registered User

easy plenny...I've seen it get heated in here on occasion, nlbut you could do FAR worse in terms of flaming than you see here.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    And a great BANDWAGON it is.

But hey, OSU still has the BAND...

BCS Championship 1/8/07 UF 41 OSU 14 ... NCAA Championship 4/2/07 UF 84 OSU 75

The results from a Lab test in 2007 confirmed Florida is OSU's daddy
    Yeah Best Damn Band In The Land! Our band is definitely better than Florida's, don't even tell me there was a battle of the bands and we lost that to Florida as well.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    Yeah Best Damn Band In The Land! Our band is definitely better than Florida's, don't even tell me there was a battle of the bands and we lost that to Florida as well.
    LOL

I think we'll defer to OSU on that one
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I can't help but notice and am amazed at how the number of Florida fans has increased exponentially in the past 3 years. I would be willing to bet they are all also Yankees fans(MLB), Lakers or Celtics fans(NBA), Patriots or Steelers fans(NFL) and Red Wings hockey fans(NHL) just to complete the bandwagon jumping in all sports.
    Ahh, when all else fails, the infamous "bandwagon" insinuation gets thrown around...

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Of all the things to trot out: "our flute players put flutes in their p*ssies better than your flute players!"
    LOL

Anyway - Canes at OSU on Sept. 11th, 2010. Should be a good game - Pryor vs. Harris.
    I'd love to make it up for that game but have no idea if I can swing that.

Am looking more at teh 2011 return trip to south FLA. Harris will be a senior.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Of all the things to trot out: "our flute players put flutes in their p*ssies better than your flute players!"
    LOL

Anyway - Canes at OSU on Sept. 11th, 2010. Should be a good game - Pryor vs. Harris.
    I'd love to make it up for that game but have no idea if I can swing that.

Am looking more at teh 2011 return trip to south FLA. Harris will be a senior.
    jmh80 you just don't know how how big BDBITL is at Ohio State bro. The biggest things around OSU football are Woody Hayes, Archie Griffin, and The Band it's HUGE just ask any Buckeye. Besides I need something you saw our last three bowl games. I'm looking foward to the match-up as well, say what you will about my beloved Buckeyes but we have been scheduling at least one big non-conference game some schools won't do it anymore.
    Last edited by BUCKNUTS; 05-30-2009 at 08:29 PM.
  13. Registered User

See I told you were to bright for me you saw right through me. I'm real proud of you.
    I cant hear you over the sound of 3 consecutive bowl losses.
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I cant hear you over the sound of 3 consecutive bowl losses.
    Ha! such a witty guy
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

All this band talk is bringing out the drumline geek in me. Must... fight... the urge...

Ah, f#%k it... Million Dollar Band ftw!!!
    800px-Million-Dollar-Band_football.JPG
    RTR.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I refuse to let this turn into a band-geek thread!!!

Legendary

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I refuse to let this turn into a band-geek thread!!!
    Sorry, man... I tried to restrain myself.
    RTR.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

jmh80 you just don't know how how big BDBITL is at Ohio State bro. The biggest things around OSU football are Woody Hayes, Archie Griffin, and The Band it's HUGE just ask any Buckeye. Besides I need something you saw our last three bowl games. I'm looking foward to the match-up as well, say what you will about my beloved Buckeyes but we have been scheduling at least one big non-conference game some schools won't do it anymore.
    I've never faulted or criticized you guys for scheduling OOC. Y'all have my respect in that category.
  19. Registered User

I've never faulted or criticized you guys for scheduling OOC. Y'all have my respect in that category.
    Why? Becuase everytime they play a good OOC team they get railed?
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Obviously we sucked in the 2 national championship games but we played your Longhorns 3 times in the past 5 years and while we are 1-2, all three games were extremely competitive we could have won all 3. 7 BCS bowl games in 8 years with a 4-3 record in those games, I'll take that every time.
  21. Registered User

Obviously we sucked in the 2 national championship games but we played your Longhorns 3 times in the past 5 years and while we are 1-2, all three games were extremely competitive we could have won all 3. 7 BCS bowl games in 8 years with a 4-3 record in those games, I'll take that every time.
    Yeah, too bad you cant win games to save your life now. USC will teabag you this year.
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Yeah, too bad you cant win games to save your life now. USC will teabag you this year.
    I'm not sure why I tried to give you a reasonable response, it won't happen again. Everyone has the right to be an idiot sometimes, some people abuse the right.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

They schedule them. More than I can say for a lot o' teams, brah.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I'm not sure why I tried to give you a reasonable response, it won't happen again. Everyone has the right to be an idiot sometimes, some people abuse the right.
    LOL
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

just a reminder....PENN STATE...BIG 10
  26. Registered User

What reasonable response? Are you kidding me? At what point have you done anything but post with a sense of stupieriority, or a false sense of superiority. Moral of the story is your team is pathetic when it plays a good team and has been for a while. Cry more and post like you rule the ****ing school, see if I give a ****.

They schedule them. More than I can say for a lot o' teams, brah.
    Lining up for beatings doesnt make you braver or more respectable, it makes you an idiot.

Hoping that at least one of those games will have you lucking into a victory is just pathetic.
  27. Registered User

What reasonable response? Are you kidding me? At what point have you done anything but post with a sense of stupieriority, or a false sense of superiority. Moral of the story is your team is pathetic when it plays a good team and has been for a while. Cry more and post like you rule the ****ing school, see if I give a ****.

Lining up for beatings doesnt make you braver or more respectable, it makes you an idiot.

Hoping that at least one of those games will have you lucking into a victory is just pathetic.
    Woah chill out there buddy...idk what makes you bash OSU so much but while they have struggled on the main stage the past few years doesn't make them a horrible team, and definitely not over their history..

O and it is more respectable to at least aim for better teams i wish more did that than wussed out on the crap teams i see so many schedule
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

rubbering -- you like the quotes by the #1 running back in the country(who is being recruited by Alabama too) at his visit to AUBURN this weekend? "Nick Saban, you are SOL." and "Nick Saban better watch out for when all of us get on campus"... Auburn had 20 of the top 100 recruits on campus this past weekend on UNOFFICIAL visits. This means they all paid there own way to go visit AUBURN and it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. War Eagle!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    rubbering -- you like the quotes by the #1 running back in the country(who is being recruited by Alabama too) at his visit to AUBURN this weekend? "Nick Saban, you are SOL." and "Nick Saban better watch out for when all of us get on campus"... Auburn had 20 of the top 100 recruits on campus this past weekend on UNOFFICIAL visits. This means they all paid there own way to go visit AUBURN and it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. War Eagle!
    I'm sure Nick is losing all kinds of sleep over it. Actually, Seastrunk will fit nicely at the Barn. It's not every day you hear a high school kid who's never done a thing at the college level call out a championship coach. That's extremely sagacious. In all honesty, that Big ***** Weekend reeks of desperation.

I'm absolutely shocked Alabama isn't going to sign a player they weren't recruiting.

In short...
    RTR.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    RTR.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

HOLY SMOKES!! THE BIRMINGHAM NEWS PRESEASON POLL!!! That's some beefy stuff!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I believe I heard the BCS was going to start using the birmingham news are part of there rating system also.
    I think the Tide claims 2 national titles from the B'ham Hair Care & Tire Center....

Edit - I work with a lot of Auburn engineers. Got one poor Bama dude down here in LSU country. He's the most reasonable Bama fans I've met though so we only poke a bit.
    But I get into all the Iron Bowl stuff and have been on the Auburn side cause you guys almost got Willis McGahee back in the day. Now my boss is a Plains(wo)man. And everyone here hates Nick Satan (Little Nicky, etc). So Bama jabs are a fav. at work.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Have you seen the real info about there "12" national championships?

1925 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn't exist until 1927? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.

From College Football Data Warehouse

The Associated Press Poll has been active since 1936. The AP took their final poll prior to bowl games from 1936 - 1964 and in 1966 and 1967. They took their final poll after the bowl games in 1965 and from 1968 - Current.

Links:
    History of Polls
    Polling Systems 1926 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!

1930 National Championship- The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!

1934 National Championship- Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!

1941 National Championship- This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd in the SEC that year.

1961 National Championship- Finally a legitimate NC. One poll didn't give it to Bama though.

1964 National Championship- While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.

1965 National Championship- The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.

1973 National Championship- AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games.

1978 National Championship- AP gives this to Alabama(11-1-0) even though USC (12-1-0) had the better record Guess who Alabama lost to that year? USC!!!!!!!!!. UPI gave the NC to USC.

1979 National Championship- Their second legitimate NC. Their first Unanimous NC.

1992 National Championship- Their third legitimate NC. Their second Unanimous NC.

You can see why people ridicule Bama fans when they talk about 12 NCs. The early ones were awarded by individuals years after the games were played. These weren't consensus polls but NCs awarded by people that had their own formula for determining champions. Some NCs where given before bowl games that Bama lost. Using Alabama logic, Auburn could claim four national championships. But when Bammers brag they like to say they have twelve and Auburn has one. How silly. The NCAA recognizes 6 NCs for Bama and there are only two NCs that Bama has unanimously. You can't find an Auburn site claiming four national championships but there are plenty Bama sites claiming twelve. Debunking the Alabama National Championship myths.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

HOLY SMOKES!! THE BIRMINGHAM NEWS PRESEASON POLL!!! That's some beefy stuff!

I believe I heard the BCS was going to start using the birmingham news are part of there rating system also.
    Hey genius, maybe you should've read the print. This was voted on by the football information directors of all 12 SEC schools... not the B'ham news.

You're my best weapon... against you.
    RTR.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

You can't find an Auburn site claiming four national championships but there are plenty Bama sites claiming twelve.
    http://www.auburnfootball.com/auburn...mpionships.htm
    "Auburn University officially only claims the Associated Press (AP) National Championship of 1957 (although the school does acknowledge the 1913, 1983, 1993 and 2004 titles in their media guide)."

You just can't help yourself, can you?
    RTR.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I love watching SEC fans go at it. It's beautiful!

Legendary

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I actually did notice it I just didnt care. Would you like me to claim you the SEC Champions right now before the season starts because of a poll of 6 retards? Honestly? I'd like to know the last SEC team to lose there starting QB/RB/Best OL/Best defensive player and win the SEC the following year. Andre Smith was the heart of that team, without him they are a below average SEC team. So below average that UTAH from the MWC put a size 19 shoe 23 inches up there ass. Way to embarass the SEC. Wasn't LA Monroe enough the year before?
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I actually did notice it I just didnt care. Would you like me to claim you the SEC Champions right now before the season starts because of a poll of 6 retards? Honestly? I'd like to know the last SEC team to lose there starting QB/RB/Best OL/Best defensive player and win the SEC the following year. Andre Smith was the heart of that team, without him they are a below average SEC team. So below average that UTAH from the MWC put a size 19 shoe 23 inches up there ass. Way to embarass the SEC. Wasn't LA Monroe enough the year before?
    I typed your post onto Google and got 1,459,239,782 hits containing the word redundancy. I've come to notice that upwards of 90% of your posts have nothing to do with Auburn... and everything to do with Alabama. Infatuated much?

What happened to that post pertaining to you being the best thing about Birmingham? I wanted to quote you and agree.
    RTR.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

You should agree.. it's true lol.. This city is the worst run piece of America. Heard about the scandals of the mayor and the police force? It's ridiculous. I wouldn't talk about Alabama if they didn't give me so much to talk about. Nor would I if there fans(you) weren't taking hulisegenics(sp) constantly.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

You should agree.. it's true lol.. This city is the worst run piece of America. Heard about the scandals of the mayor and the police force? It's ridiculous.
    Well, it can't be any worse than Mobile! All of Alabama's major cities are in bad shape, and as much as I love the football team, Tuscaloosa is a dump. My sister received her BA and her master's degree from UA several years ago, and she'd never go back. I'd thought about buying a place and taking a teaching position in Fairhope or Foley (close to Gulf Shores, across the bay from Mobile) because it's a quiet and scenic area... but I just couldn't do it. After 17 years away, I don't think I could ever re-adjust, if you know what I mean. I don't intend for that to sound pretentious, but I'm sure you understand the very common mindset you have to contend with in order to live in the deep south. I do miss being near my family though, including my father... an avid Auburn supporter.
    RTR.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season