Glycomyx for a competition carb load?

  1. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Glycomyx for a competition carb load?


    So I have roughly 24 hours to carb load after weigh in's prior to pre-judging, need to load fast and really want to avoid the use of insulin to do so. I need to utilize dry carbs, so the carbs are forced to pull water from under the skin to shuttle into the muscles. I typically use baked, dehydrated potato's, but due to a potassium sparing diuretic, I can't go overboard on them.

    I know many competitors use vitargo, mixed with literally barely any water and take it down really thick. Price on vitargo just sucks.. and thinking this may be good to use.

    Does this carb source, seem adaquate to do what I need it to do? I have tons of R-ala if I took that to if it would work even better with it.

    thanks guys!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Yes, GlycoMyx should be PERFECT for this.

    The Glucomannan takes a few minutes to soak up the water, so if you mix and drink really quickly it will be think and drinkable. As a bonus, it will add in some mental focus and alertness as well as knocking out your appetite for a few hours.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,624
    Answers
    0

    You think about just letting it turn into a thick foam and just eating it?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Yes, GlycoMyx should be PERFECT for this.

    The Glucomannan takes a few minutes to soak up the water, so if you mix and drink really quickly it will be think and drinkable. As a bonus, it will add in some mental focus and alertness as well as knocking out your appetite for a few hours.
    Sweet awesome.. buying asap! Vitargo is just redic priced, karbolyn I looked into, gaspari just came out with some carb supplement also, but i prefer giving you guys my money!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Watch for the Slintensity/GlycoMyx deal and you can get it for free!

    Should be up sometime today.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,352
    Answers
    0

    I don't have any experience with contest carb loads, but this stuff gives me some nice vascularity and fullness. Should be pretty cool to see how this turns out.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I don't have any experience with contest carb loads, but this stuff gives me some nice vascularity and fullness. Should be pretty cool to see how this turns out.
    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,352
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    Sounds interesting...

    I know I enjoyed the effects of Smolder for those purposes so something targeted specifically for that would be cool.
  9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Sounds interesting...

    I know I enjoyed the effects of Smolder for those purposes so something targeted specifically for that would be cool.
    It will likely be combined with a liquid bronzer so as to not disrupt stage color.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  10. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,877
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    Damn, what isn't in the pipeline Matt?
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  11. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    I will hide it in a sunscreen bottle and put it on at the beach before I go kick over some sand castles.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  12. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Sweet awesome.. buying asap! Vitargo is just redic priced, karbolyn I looked into, gaspari just came out with some carb supplement also, but i prefer giving you guys my money!
    When is the competition? If you end up going this route, I definitely would love to hear the outcome and obviously see pics, as well.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  13. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    You can send me some, I don't need to know ingredients, and I'll test it for you pre-stage

    Hot Stuff by pro tan doesn't do crap to me though.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  14. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    When is the competition? If you end up going this route, I definitely would love to hear the outcome and obviously see pics, as well.
    Nov 3rd, eastern usa's.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  15. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Honestly matt, you should look into a topical diuretic. I use something called defining gel, placed all over body, wrapped tightly with saran wrap, covered in a neoprene suit.. and good god does it dry you out like no other. I bet you could top that, the formula looks rather basic.

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Honestly matt, you should look into a topical diuretic. I use something called defining gel, placed all over body, wrapped tightly with saran wrap, covered in a neoprene suit.. and good god does it dry you out like no other. I bet you could top that, the formula looks rather basic.

    Mike
    Honestly...I have it in design phase.

    I'll let you know when we are ready to test.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  17. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Honestly...I have it in design phase.

    I'll let you know when we are ready to test.
    Sounds good.. I'll only be a go for the next 5 weeks.. then i go back to bulking.. i get soft and fat fast haha.. im not the lean type so I wouldn't notice anything.

    I vascularity, skin tightening pump up posing oil would be sick though.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Sounds good.. I'll only be a go for the next 5 weeks.. then i go back to bulking.. i get soft and fat fast haha.. im not the lean type so I wouldn't notice anything.

    I vascularity, skin tightening pump up posing oil would be sick though.
    That's where the problem came in...to get deep enough into the skin, the carriers were messing up the tanning products. I solved that by simply adding tanner to it, you just have to be careful when applying.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  19. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade

    I'm not leaking any more info right now, but I am working on a topical vascularity enhancer that can be used RIGHT before stage.
    It'd have to be better than hot stuff, worst product ever
  20. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    That's where the problem came in...to get deep enough into the skin, the carriers were messing up the tanning products. I solved that by simply adding tanner to it, you just have to be careful when applying.
    With the new tanners, like jan tana, they can be applied just hours prior to stage time, and that is what most higher level competitors do to prevent smearing, smudging, etc.

    I for instance, apply my topical diuretic wrap at 6pm, 11pm, and 3am. Stays on for an hour after application. I then apply my color at 5am, and 6am. So a skin tightening/topical diuretic formula wouldn't need to worry about tanning interference, but a vasodilator would def have to.

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  21. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    BTW, I am saving my slintensity for pct since i am prone to fat gain easily. I have a ton of R-ala. Would 300mg R-ala 15 mins prior to each glycomyx serving during carb loading be ideal?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  22. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    BTW, I am saving my slintensity for pct since i am prone to fat gain easily. I have a ton of R-ala. Would 300mg R-ala 15 mins prior to each glycomyx serving during carb loading be ideal?
    I don't think it'll have the same effect as Slintensity or another stronger GDA, but it definitely wouldn't be a bad thing to do, IMO (Na-R-ALA is great stuff).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  23. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I don't think it'll have the same effect as Slintensity or another stronger GDA, but it definitely wouldn't be a bad thing to do, IMO (Na-R-ALA is great stuff).
    The ingredient, i cant spell it and im to lazy to look it up, gynne slyvestra u no what i mean lol.. does not allow me to carb load what so ever. That completely blocks my muscles from sucking up enough carbs.. horrible experiences in the past, can not fill up for a show with that ingredient
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. carb loading and contest weight
    By Sticks in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
  2. Ideas for Optimizing Low Carb Diet for Bulking
    By Nitrox in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:14 PM
  3. High GI or Low GI for carb loading
    By WiNgS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 11:12 PM
  4. carb loading/depleting?
    By WiNgS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 05:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in