Focus XT / Huperzine Content

1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Focus XT / Huperzine Content

Been a while since I've enjoyed FXT after years of religious use to start off my work days. Grabbed a tub of Cotton Candy from Lockout last month for some evenings of studying (class 6-10 PM on Monday and Wednesday nights after work). So I just wanted to get an idea on the Hup-A content (not a specific number since it's not disclosed, but mainly need to know what I can stack it with before it gets too high).

I took Dust Extreme this morning at 5 AM and it lists 300mcg Hup-A (though it doesn't specify %). I was wanting to dip into a scoop around 5 (12 hours later) right before class, but wanted input before deciding to just go with my usual PM Monster Ultra Zero.

IIRC, there was something about not wanting to go too high on Hup-A or if so it had to do with choline sources (I'll be honest, it's been a couple years since I remember reading up on that, so I have no idea lol).

Appreciate any insight in advance.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

2. That's a good question, one I don't unfortunately know the answer to. Maybe @Jiigzz will know?

Also, Focus XT does contain Choline, and a good dose of it. It's really hard to know, unfortunately, how much Hup A is in Dust Extreme as you mentioned.
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The more I dig around, the less concerned I am, but I wanted to ask.

It's not something I plan on doing on a regular basis at all; today just happened to be a day where I used DE and wanted to use FXT this evening. Wednesday is my other class day and I don't lift, so that evening will be no issue.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

4. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    The more I dig around, the less concerned I am, but I wanted to ask.

It's not something I plan on doing on a regular basis at all; today just happened to be a day where I used DE and wanted to use FXT this evening. Wednesday is my other class day and I don't lift, so that evening will be no issue.
    Iirc it's not so much the daily total bit more the single dose that's an issue.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Been a while since I've enjoyed FXT after years of religious use to start off my work days. Grabbed a tub of Cotton Candy from Lockout last month for some evenings of studying (class 6-10 PM on Monday and Wednesday nights after work). So I just wanted to get an idea on the Hup-A content (not a specific number since it's not disclosed, but mainly need to know what I can stack it with before it gets too high).

I took Dust Extreme this morning at 5 AM and it lists 300mcg Hup-A (though it doesn't specify %). I was wanting to dip into a scoop around 5 (12 hours later) right before class, but wanted input before deciding to just go with my usual PM Monster Ultra Zero.

IIRC, there was something about not wanting to go too high on Hup-A or if so it had to do with choline sources (I'll be honest, it's been a couple years since I remember reading up on that, so I have no idea lol).

Appreciate any insight in advance.
    I'd play it safe and suggest not to combine them, but that 12 hour gap should be fine. I'm not sure if their Hup A is extracted or not (it does randomly list "Moss", but not the standardisation which is not helpful.

As always, appreciate the support and feel free to PM me if you need to. Unfortunately my phone is stuffing up with push notifications and so I'm missing mentions
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I'd play it safe and suggest not to combine them, but that 12 hour gap should be fine. I'm not sure if their Hup A is extracted or not (it does randomly list "Moss", but not the standardisation which is not helpful.

As always, appreciate the support and feel free to PM me if you need to. Unfortunately my phone is stuffing up with push notifications and so I'm missing mentions
    Appreciate it, boss.

No negatives the other night and I'll be doing something similar today. Have a comprehensive (800 pages, 23 chapters) exam for my EMT course this evening and I'll be rocking FXT right before I head in to take it. Today is a non-lifting day for me, so I slept in til almost 7 and took 1 cap of SNS Hup-A with my morning supps (100mg phenylpiracetam, 500mg agmatine, levothyroxine Rx). So it'll be about a 10 hour gap today, but I know how much I got today and expect to see no negatives once again.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Appreciate it, boss.

No negatives the other night and I'll be doing something similar today. Have a comprehensive (800 pages, 23 chapters) exam for my EMT course this evening and I'll be rocking FXT right before I head in to take it. Today is a non-lifting day for me, so I slept in til almost 7 and took 1 cap of SNS Hup-A with my morning supps (100mg phenylpiracetam, 500mg agmatine, levothyroxine Rx). So it'll be about a 10 hour gap today, but I know how much I got today and expect to see no negatives once again.
    How did the test go?
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

How did the test go?
    Mentally I felt solid.

Ended up with a 76 (100 questions; missed 24). I was an A-only student in college, so this eats at me initially, but as I've gotten older I tell myself it's more about the outcome. I care about the certification and grasp of content; so this is meaningless as long as that goes well. Apparently the best score in the class was an 80, so it's not like I was very far behind the best in our class of 30.

The course has been a nightmare right out the gate -- main instructor had to have surgery so she was out after the 2nd week until about 2 weeks ago. Her 2nd instructor has 30 years of experience, but isn't a good teacher (not a dig at her; just not what she's skilled at). So that and the constant jumbling of how they're going to run class (sometimes they'd cover the whole chapter, then just review questions, then halfway in between) has left all of us behind. I've basically just resorted to learning on my own; which sucks, but it's what I have to do now. So it is what it is and I'll do whatever necessary.

So with all that in mind -- 800 pages of text and 23 chapters to have a handle on -- the 76 isn't awful, but I aim for better.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Mentally I felt solid.

Ended up with a 76 (100 questions; missed 24). I was an A-only student in college, so this eats at me initially, but as I've gotten older I tell myself it's more about the outcome. I care about the certification and grasp of content; so this is meaningless as long as that goes well. Apparently the best score in the class was an 80, so it's not like I was very far behind the best in our class of 30.

The course has been a nightmare right out the gate -- main instructor had to have surgery so she was out after the 2nd week until about 2 weeks ago. Her 2nd instructor has 30 years of experience, but isn't a good teacher (not a dig at her; just not what she's skilled at). So that and the constant jumbling of how they're going to run class (sometimes they'd cover the whole chapter, then just review questions, then halfway in between) has left all of us behind. I've basically just resorted to learning on my own; which sucks, but it's what I have to do now. So it is what it is and I'll do whatever necessary.

So with all that in mind -- 800 pages of text and 23 chapters to have a handle on -- the 76 isn't awful, but I aim for better.
    That's an incredible result given the circumstances. Is anyone ever expected to complete all 100 questions?
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

That's an incredible result given the circumstances. Is anyone ever expected to complete all 100 questions?
    It was un-timed, so the length of the exam wasn't threatening to me at all (I've handled way worse over the years), but that's the most content I've ever been expected to remember/know for one exam (that I can recall). I don't think there's an expectation that everyone get an A or B or anything like that, but that's the standard I hold myself to.

It was set up to let you go in and look back at the questions you missed and see the correct answers, so I checked out all the ones I missed. Some were just dumb mistakes I should have known and a handful were ones that in my opinion another answer was better, but I'm not gonna cry about it because I didn't necessarily miss it out of the spirit of not knowing, but just chose a different explanation (e.g. one was about the proper response when your partner came in and smelled of alcohol; answer options were go to medical control, discreetly go to your supervisor, talk to him about it, and I can't remember the 4th -- while I would personally talk to the partner assuming it was someone I respected and wasn't an idiot, I selected medical control because everything specifically goes through that channel; however they wanted supervisor (which makes sense, because you go directly one step up and not tot he top), but the word "discreetly" just seemed out of place to me).

Anyway, I don't know how some of these people are doing it without A&P. I took it a few years ago (unrelated) and it relies heavily on it and I'm super rusty, but I at least have a grasp of a lot. So yeah -- props to all the EMT's out there because I never knew they had to know this level of content for how little they're allowed to do.

11. Congrats on the score. Like you said it's about the out come not the single score
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10 WWW.mindandmuscle.com
    Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. SNS Focus XT, My review.
    By sword- in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
  2. Focus XT Supplement Facts and Discussion
    By sns8778 in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 04:55 PM