Problem with GFX

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I take 3 caps before bed, fall asleep, dream and sleep great but then I wake up way before my alarm goes off :( Sometimes I only sleep 4-5 hrs, wake up and have hard time to go back to sleep, finally fall asleep before my alarm goes off and then feel tired the rest of the day... :(

Most of the nights this happen, I tried do less caps but the same still happens, I'm scared to try more...

Have this happened to somebody else and is it something I can do?

This haven't happened with other sleep supps and I'm usually sleeping the whole night with no supps. I'm going to bed and wake up around the same time everyday, caffeine is the same as always, the only thing I do different is taking GFXT.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had the same thing happen. Only at 5 caps though. At 3 caps everything was fine. Do you take them on an empty stomach?. How long have you been using it?. Maybe try sticking with the 3 caps and dealing with it for a while. I say this because I've heard of people saying the had the same problems, but stuck with it for a week straight and then the problem seemed to go away. You could also try something like just 1 cap before bed on an empty stomach for a few days, then after 2-3 days increase by 1 cap every 2-3 days, till you get to the 3 caps. You could also try taking the caps either closer or farther away from your bed time. I find with these types of products it's all about timing for me.

What other supplements are you taking?. One of those could be interacting.....

mw1
Jiigzz

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I've had the same thing happen. Only at 5 caps though. At 3 caps everything was fine. Do you take them on an empty stomach?. How long have you been using it?. Maybe try sticking with the 3 caps and dealing with it for a while. I say this because I've heard of people saying the had the same problems, but stuck with it for a week straight and then the problem seemed to go away. You could also try something like just 1 cap before bed on an empty stomach for a few days, then after 2-3 days increase by 1 cap every 2-3 days, till you get to the 3 caps. You could also try taking the caps either closer or farther away from your bed time. I find with these types of products it's all about timing for me.

What other supplements are you taking?. One of those could be interacting.....

mw1
Jiigzz
I try to go back on caps and see if that helps, I started with 1 cap and worked myself up to 3.

The only other supplement I take out of the regulars is Ultimate T but I take that early in the day and I keep my stim intake early as well...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to go back on caps and see if that helps, I started with 1 cap and worked myself up to 3.

The only other supplement I take out of the regulars is Ultimate T but I take that early in the day and I keep my stim intake early as well...
Have you tried stopping the Ultimate T and everything else for a few days and using just the Growth Factor XT. It's worth a shot, just to rule things out.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Have you tried stopping the Ultimate T and everything else for a few days and using just the Growth Factor XT. It's worth a shot, just to rule things out.
No I haven't but I only have 1 or 2 more weeks left of UT so I just want to finish that. Idk, I try 1 cap tonight and see what happens

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA for me has always had a stimulant type effect. So that could be part of it. Try maybe finishing up the Ultimate T first, wait a week and then try the Growth Factor XT again. I don't know for sure this is happening but I know that certain supplements or ingredients taken together can boost the effects of each other or make both ingredients stronger. My first thought here is the EL with it's stimulant effects. Second thought here is any of the other ingredients in Ultimate T or any other supplement you are taking are making certain effects of the ingredients in GFXT stronger and vice versa.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird yeah i haven't had this problem or have seen anyone with this issue.

Your not stressed out or consistently thinking about something are you ?

Yeah try what t-bone said to rule out a supplement to see if that effects it.

What time are you dosing ultimate T ?
What time do you take GFXT ?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has your sleep schedule changed lately?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Weird yeah i haven't had this problem or have seen anyone with this issue.

Your not stressed out or consistently thinking about something are you ?

Yeah try what t-bone said to rule out a supplement to see if that effects it.

What time are you dosing ultimate T ?
What time do you take GFXT ?
Well, I only wake up mid sleep when I take GFXT..? Weird, I know... :(

Dose UT around 8 am and 5 pm, dose GFXT around 11 pm.
Will dose morning only tomorrow to see if anything changes.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
I take 3 caps before bed, fall asleep, dream and sleep great but then I wake up way before my alarm goes off :( Sometimes I only sleep 4-5 hrs, wake up and have hard time to go back to sleep, finally fall asleep before my alarm goes off and then feel tired the rest of the day... :(

Most of the nights this happen, I tried do less caps but the same still happens, I'm scared to try more...

Have this happened to somebody else and is it something I can do?

This haven't happened with other sleep supps and I'm usually sleeping the whole night with no supps. I'm going to bed and wake up around the same time everyday, caffeine is the same as always, the only thing I do different is taking GFXT.
What you've described sounds very much like advanced sleep phase syndrome (ASPS). It very unusual that GFXT would have anything to do with it. Being a syndrome there is really no recognized pathology that would serve for accurate diagnoses- and therefore as your clinical picture seems somewhat consistent with this syndrome it's even harder to associate any component(s) of GFXT.
The remedy for this is addressing sleep hygiene in order to adjusting sleep/wake (melatonin/cortisol) chronology.

If you are certain that is it only the GFXT that is causing it- the only other differential I could come up with would be very high sensitivity to L-theanine. Responses to L-theanine appear idiosyncratic, varying between baseline anxiety/stress states, so it is not completely unlikely that you could fall anywhere along a spectrum of responses. The combination of theanine and green tea extract can increase theta wave frequency (albeit trialled at significantly higher doses than that included in GFXT). It's a bit of a far fetch, but if you were to be extremely sensitive to L-Theanine (in the combination with GTE) there is a possibility you may have trouble shifting to lower frequency waves (delta) to reach a deep sleep or moving back to higher frequency waves (theta) when you do reach a deep sleep.
In any case I would stop the GFXT for at least a week to be sure that it is the cause and not something like ASPS.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I went back to 2 caps and have been sleeping good. Idk maybe I'm just sensitive..?

Would I get more benefits if I dose in morning also or is just pre bed fine?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went back to 2 caps and have been sleeping good. Idk maybe I'm just sensitive..?

Would I get more benefits if I dose in morning also or is just pre bed fine?
I think just the 2 caps pre-bed would be best for you. Maybe you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Glad to see you seem to be zeroing in on the correct dosage for you.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I think just the 2 caps pre-bed would be best for you. Maybe you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Glad to see you seem to be zeroing in on the correct dosage for you.
Ok, perfect, the bottle will last forever then :)

The nights that's good, is really good, but unfortunately the nights that are bad is really bad... Luckily I have more good then bad ;)