Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This post will be the start of a long line of FAQ's on some of the single-ingredient supplements that we at SNS offer - and what makes them effective for their intended purpose. All will follow the same/ similar format and answer basic questions in the simplest language possible :D

Feel free to ask questions you feel are needed to understand the product better.

Q1: What is Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid (TTA)and how does it work?

TTA is an omega 3 fatty acid with an added sulfar group. Because of the addition of the sulfar group, it cannot be metabolized by beta oxidation (used for fuel). Supplementation of TTA has been shown to be a potent PPAR-alpha activator, meaning that it is a regulator of lipid metabolism in the liver. What this means is that when PPAR-alpha is activated, fatty acid catabolism (break down) and utilisation (used as a fuel) is increased through beta-oxidation.

PPAR-alpha activation is common in an energy derived state when the body must rely on stored energy to fuel its needs - if we activate this through supplementation of TTA supplementation, then ultimately we increase fat burning even in periods of energy availability.

Another benefit of PPAR-alpha activation is that it removes fatty acids from the blood stream in order to be used for fuel and is thus seen as being a useful tool in preventing fat storage.

Another interesting benefit is TTAs ability to increase Scavenger Receptor A (SRA) which is both anti-inflammatory (by way of reducing tumour necrosis factor alpha [TNF-a]) and reduce LDL cholesterol levels. It is through these benefits that TTA is known to be cardio-protective.

If we also consider the relationship between triglycerides and LDL particles, then we can understand why PPAR activation is seen as cardio protective. The higher the level of triglycerides (increased fat storage), the smaller and denser the LDL-particles. A small, dense LDL particle is more readily able to penetrate the endothelium of arteries and promote the cascade of events that lead atherosclerosis (clogging of the arteries). As TTA supplementation can lower triglyceride levels through PPAR-a activation, then we can help minimise arterial damage caused through this process. We also note that TTA inhibits the oxidative modification of LDL – oxidation of LDL particles is considered a key step in the formation of foam cells and the forming of plaque on the arteries.

Q2: What are the most common side effects with TTA supplementation and what can be done to prevent them?

TTA supplementation is known to cause an electrolyte imbalance which can cause a myriad of side effects; most notably cramping and water retention. The electrolyte balance is seemingly caused by by its ability to act as a chelating agent meaning that it binds electrolytes (metal ions) when it is radical scavenging. This will cause lower sodium ions and potassium ions in cells, causing the water retention and cramping issues.
To overcome these issues, TTA-500 from SNS has an added electrolyte complex to help restore electrolyte balance. This helps to prevent the side effects from TTA supplementation. Making SNS one of the best sources for TTA.

Q3: What should I avoid when using TTA products?

Mr.cooper69 explains how using Arachidonic Acid supplements are counter-productive whilst using TTA.
TTA increases the flux of fatty acids from muscle tissue and adipose to liver and muscle tissue (when exercising). This is how it burns fat, by upregulating beta oxidation. This would be counterproductive with ArA as it would diminish the amount of ArA that would be utilized for cell signaling, as more of it would go to energy production. TTA is one thing, along with fish oil, that would be very counterproductive with ArA. They screw it up via different mechanisms, but the endpoint of plasma membrane ArA depletion is the same
Q4: What is the ideal TTA cycle duration and dose?
Many users tend to take between 500mg and 1000mg per day in divided dosages, approximately 30 minutes prior to meals. To assess individual tolerance, it is suggested that individuals begin usage with 500mg per day.
It can be bumped up to 2g however the cramping may become severe at high dosages. Using at 1g is a personal favourite for getting a lot out of TTA without life disrupting side effects.

A cycle should last no longer than 2 months (at 1000mg per day) with at least one month off.

Q5: What stacks well with TTA-500?
Maximising fat loss is key; a personal favourite is SNS Yohimbine 2.5 + TTA-500. This too me is the ultimate in fat-burning. Couple the alpha 2 antagonism of Yohimbine with the increased beta oxidation of TTA, you have a mean fat burning machine.
It also stacks well with products that products that reduce water retention such as OG Erase (or other arimistane products) and Reduce XT.
Also RK-500 or Green Coffee Bean extract products work well alongside TTA.

Where to buy?

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/tta-500.html

References:
Examine.com
mr.cooper69
A pan-PPAR ligand induces hepatic fatty... [Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI
Pharmacology and safety of tetradecyl... [J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
Cardioprotective effect of t... [Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
If anyone would like any other questions answered, ask in the thread and I will add them into the OP.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great write up! Thanks for doing this!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Woo in

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Good stuff. Loved TTA at .5g... 1g was too much cramping. Great ingredient for sure

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Here's a Q:
Jiigzz if one is taking only .5g when would you recommended dosing?

pre wo/pre cardio?

Before large carb meal or dinner?

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
I've got some on the way FedEx should be dropping it off anytime. I am running ECA + F95 right now. I was gonna throw this in the mix. My question is even if one could handle 2g/day is it worth it?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Here's a Q:
Jiigzz if one is taking only .5g when would you recommended dosing?

pre wo/pre cardio?

Before large carb meal or dinner?
I'd do 30mins pre my first meal.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've got some on the way FedEx should be dropping it off anytime. I am running ECA + F95 right now. I was gonna throw this in the mix. My question is even if one could handle 2g/day is it worth it?
IMO no. The higher the dose, the shorter the cycle duration. It is better, IMO, to run 1g for 2 months and then have one month off than to run for one month at 2g then still need one month off.

rphash49

Awards
Going on a cruise in two months and I want to cut up as much as possible. I just got 2 bottles of Sns tta. What should I stack with it for a nice aggressive quick cut? Other supps in my stock: xi-kt, reduce xt, creatine, EC, alcar. Currently using high volume as my pre-workout. Thanks! Currently just south of 11.5 bf.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going on a cruise in two months and I want to cut up as much as possible. I just got 2 bottles of Sns tta. What should I stack with it for a nice aggressive quick cut? Other supps in my stock: xi-kt, reduce xt, creatine, EC, alcar. Currently using high volume as my pre-workout. Thanks! Currently just south of 11.5 bf.
The TTA/EC/ALCAR before fasted cardio would be greatly beneficial.

The second dose of TTA before lunch.

Reduce-XT first thing in the morning, 4-6 hours after that seems to work best for me.

That's a mean stack you've got lines up, results should be stellar. 8% should be easily achievable.

rphash49

Awards
The TTA/EC/ALCAR before fasted cardio would be greatly beneficial.

The second dose of TTA before lunch.

Reduce-XT first thing in the morning, 4-6 hours after that seems to work best for me.

That's a mean stack you've got lines up, results should be stellar. 8% should be easily achievable.
Awesome! Thanks for the info! That is how ill run it!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if I read this correctly, Fish Oil + TTA is okay to have together? I mean, they're both basically Omega 3's but I want to confirm that I'm not wasting Fish Oil if I want to use TTA.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Should be fine to use together, however if you have any concerns then dose them separately.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Quick question: because this is a fat, is it better for absorption to dose with meals with other fats rather than on an empty stomach? I see most recommendations saying to split dose between waking and before bed both on empty stomach

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just go with the label recommendation of about 30 minutes prior to meals. I don't think being fasted would prevent absorption.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Quick question: because this is a fat, is it better for absorption to dose with meals with other fats rather than on an empty stomach? I see most recommendations saying to split dose between waking and before bed both on empty stomach
After 4-5 half lives or 2-3 days (at a BD dose) you should reach a steady state concentration- irrespective of if its taken with or without food.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
So I'm thinking of running synephrine/yohimbe/caffeine/TTA/ acetyl l-carn and reduce xt for the next couple months (closer to 7 weeks). I'm at about 210 and 18% BF. I'd like to end at around 12%-13%(obv diet dependent). Anyone see any issues with the stack? Any supps I should take with TTA? Extra potassium,magnesium?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm thinking of running synephrine/yohimbe/caffeine/TTA/ acetyl l-carn and reduce xt for the next couple months (closer to 7 weeks). I'm at about 210 and 18% BF. I'd like to end at around 12%-13%(obv diet dependent). Anyone see any issues with the stack? Any supps I should take with TTA? Extra potassium,magnesium?
Sounds like a very potent combo. I'd just be weary of all the stims at once, and make sure you're dosing them right.

TTA I didn't need to take supplemental electrolytes, but I would focus on hydration and maybe more electrolyte-rich sources of hydration.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^ exactly what I was thinking...depending on how you tolerate yohimbe, be sure you work your way up in dosing that with the syn and caff. TTA500 has all you need in terms of electrolytes.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
TTA + Reduce XT + Pyroxamine = the most enjoyable, pain free cut i've ever been through. ridiculous cutting combo

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I've got some alpha aminos by cellucor which have extra electrolytes I'll make sure to get a few scoops in daily. Thanks guys!
ETA- I'm very tolerant of stims but will still exercise caution.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a very potent combo. I'd just be weary of all the stims at once, and make sure you're dosing them right.

TTA I didn't need to take supplemental electrolytes, but I would focus on hydration and maybe more electrolyte-rich sources of hydration.
Hydration is huge. I had some massive cramping on days I flew and couldn't drink much water.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TTA, yohimbine, and RK 500 are part of my fat burning regimen that work well. Yohimbine is dose dependent according to desired effect as it does more than just fat loss, and needs to be dosed at higher amounts. I found that gradually ramping up usage is a good way to evaluate tolerance.

Riptor

Awards
What is possibility of adding TTA to a transdermal product such as Eviscerate or Abliderate Advanced?

If so, how much would you add?

I ask this because there have been a number of health concerns surrounding oral TTA ingestion since it is a synthetic fatty acid and stay within organ tissues. Some people have reported impaired cardiac output.

If it were applied transdermally then such concerns may be alleviated. What are your thoughts on this?