Serious Nutrition Solutions Huperzine A 99%

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Support Short & Long Term Memory*

Huperzine A 99% contains 100 mcg of 99% Huperzine A Extract per capsule.

Huperzine A 99% can be cost effectively used to help enhance short and long term memory through boosting Acetylcholine (Ach) levels. Ach is the main neurotransmitter in the brain involved with memory.

Huperzine A 99% is Commonly Used for:
- Short & Long Term Memory Enhancement*
- Supporting Maximized Learning Potential*
- Supporting Brain Function*

Huperzine A 99% can be taken with Piracetam, Picalimon-50, Picamilon-150, or other select Serious Nutrition Solutions products for improved synergistic results.*

The Goals of the Serious Nutrition Solutions Baseline Series are simple ones – to provide top quality products at the most cost effective prices, and to provide a straight forward approach to the consumer about what the products are, and what they are used for.

Serious Nutrition Solutions – Baseline Series Products
Straight Forward, Top Quality, Cost Effective Sports Nutrition

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving:
Huperzine A (99% Standardized Extract) – 100 mcg

Directions:
As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 4 capsules daily with meals.

Warnings:
This product is intended for healthy adults over 18 years of age. Do not use this product if you are pregnant or nursing a baby. Always consult a physician before using this, or any dietary supplement, especially if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medications. Keep stored in a cool, dry place away from children.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is the best dosing for this? And what does it combine well w/? (Apart from other nootropics?)

Do things like l-carnitine, alcar/plcar go well?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
alcar or gluco for energy

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting this ish next week!! Bring on the memory!

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
huperzine block nmda receptors.... wont this block NMDA in the hypothalamus doing the OPPOSITE of what testforce does??

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
huperzine block nmda receptors.... wont this block NMDA in the hypothalamus doing the OPPOSITE of what testforce does??
This response was typed by Synapsin, who is much more intelligent on the scientific end of things that me:

Some background info:

The NMDA receptor is an ionotropic receptor that allows for the transfer of electrical signals between neurons in the brain and in the spinal column. For electrical signals to pass, the NMDA receptor must be open. To remain open, an NMDA receptor must bind to glutamate and to glycine. An NMDA receptor that is bound to glycine and glutamate and has an open ion channel is called
"activated."

NMDA receptors aren't activated easily. The receptor is blocked by Mg2+ so it needs to have sufficient depolarization. Even if you have Aspartic acid there (or Glutamate), you need Glycine to be there as well. So you need a few things at once to activate the NMDA receptors, the key thing being the depolarization of say an AMPA receptor near by before any of the binding even matters. Test force gets around the issue of Glycine by using Sarcosine.

NMDA receptors have different subunits, and the effects of the subunits upon activation. Basic message to take home is that DAA is likely not going to elicit toxicity (due to A and B noted below) because toxicity most likely only comes from NR2B subunit. But if it DOES elicist neurotoxicity, keep reading on how to address this.

A) NR2B-NR2A developmental switch (hypothesis)
B) NR2A probably has a higher affinity than NR2B when it comes L/D-Aspartate

Chemicals that deactivate the NMDA receptor are called antagonists. NMDAR antagonists fall into four categories:

1) Competitive antagonists, which bind to and block the binding site of the neurotransmitter glutamate;
2) Glycine antagonists, which bind to and block the glycine site;
3) Noncompetitive antagonists, which inhibit NMDARs by binding to allosteric sites; and
4) Uncompetitive antagonists, which block the ion channel by binding to a site within it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for Huperzine A:

Huperzine A (?100 µM) had no effect on the binding of [3H]glutamate (low- and high-affinity glutamate sites), [3H]MDL 105,519 (NMDA glycine regulatory site), [3H]ifenprodil (NMDA polyamine site) or [3H]CGS 19755 (NMDA antagonist). These are the things we really worry about when we talk about DAA and NMDA receptors.

In contrast with these results, HUP-A non-competitively (Hill slope < 1) inhibited [3H]MK-801 and [3H]TCP binding (co-located NMDA ion channel PCP site) with pseudo Ki ? 6 µM.

Therefore, HUP-A most likely attenuates excitatory amino acid toxicity by blocking the NMDA ion channel and subsequent Ca2+ mobilization at or near the PCP and MK-801 ligand sites

So lets say our main focus is on the NR2A site. MK-801 has an average affinity for it. We don't even need to worry about it then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More detail of the NDMA receptor and Huperzine A:

Huperzine A treatment protects against N-methyl-d-aspartate-induced seizure/status epilepticus in rats

Our results demonstrate that the in vivo mechanism of [+]-Hup A protection
mainly involves NMDA antagonism. This is the first
report to indicate that [+]-Hup A acts in vivo throughNMDA
antagonism. In a previous report, we showed that [?]-Hup
A binds toNMDA receptors and antagonizes glutamate toxicity
tend to produce phencyclidine (PCP) symptoms [41]. However,
the physical activity data suggest that locomotor
stimulation is not found in these animals after an effective
treatment of [+]-Hup A. We also found that [+]-Hup A
does not have any adverse effects on body temperature or
heart rate, suggesting that [+]-Hup A has a strong affinity
for NMDA receptor with little effect on other physiological
variables, whereas most NMDA antagonists with strong
affinities for the NMDA receptor do affect physiological processes
[42]. Why NMDA antagonism by [+]-Hup A does
not induce PCP-like symptoms needs to be studied further.
Most likely this is an issue of low-medium affinity for the
channel blocking site in vivo or it is also possible that [+]-
Hup A might bind at a different site. Either way, an NMDA
antagonist that does not produce PCP-like symptoms will
be a powerful tool against excitotoxicity and major depression,
among other things [5,24-29,43,44].

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NMDA receptor ion channel: a site for binding of Huperzine A, J.
Appl. Toxicol. 21 (Suppl. 1) (2001) S47-S51.

Since HUP-A modulated glutamate-induced toxicity,4 we
evaluated the effect of HUP-A on glutamate receptors.
Figure 2 shows that there was no inhibition of
[3H]glutamate binding. Next, we evaluated the NMDA
glutamate receptor subtype because it is implicated in cell
toxicity via disruption of Ca2+ hemostasis. Huperzine A
(doses ? 1 × 10?4 M) did not inhibit binding of [3H]CGS
19755 and [3H]CPP (antagonists that bind to the NMDA
agonist site), [3H]MDL 105,519 and dichlorokynurenic
acid (antagonists that bind to the NMDA glycine regulatory
sites), or [3H]ifenprodil (an antagonist that binds to
the NMDA polyamine regulatory site).

We have shown that HUP-A interacted with the
NMDA ion channel when characterized by inhibition of
[3H]MK-801 and [3H]TCP binding in brain synaptosomal
plasma membranes (Fig. 3) but not the glycine, polyamine
or NMDA ligand-specific sites (Fig. 2). The observed
non-competitive binding results suggest that HUP-A
interacts close to the MK-801 and PCP binding sites.
In agreement with the interaction at the ion channel of
the NMDA receptor, HUP-A dose-dependently reduced
NMDA-induced toxicity in cultured primary neuronal
cells (Fig. 4).

---------------------------------------------------------------

The take home message is that Huperzine A won't stop the DAA from having effect. If anything, it could help you with the potential neurotoxicity you always hear about. If you really don't believe any of this, just take DAA first and take Huperzine A later in the day.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
that was awesome... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

since you know your stuff and are putting it to me so i understand it.

1) how should one take HupA 100mcg/day... 3on/4off, 50mcg a day regular, etc etc. if one wants to try it for say 3 weeks which dosage would be best?

i am worried about ACHe over expression when i come off of it = depression, memory worse.... even if on for 3 days.. the next 4 off might be terrible. so i was thinking constant low dose every AM...

2) would Hup A be Neuroprotective then with its nmda effects? would that not make it a good supplement to take?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
that was awesome... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

since you know your stuff and are putting it to me so i understand it.

1) how should one take HupA 100mcg/day... 3on/4off, 50mcg a day regular, etc etc. if one wants to try it for say 3 weeks which dosage would be best?

i am worried about ACHe over expression when i come off of it = depression, memory worse.... even if on for 3 days.. the next 4 off might be terrible. so i was thinking constant low dose every AM...

2) would Hup A be Neuroprotective then with its nmda effects? would that not make it a good supplement to take?
I will forward the more scientific parts of this to Synapsin to answer for you. Not sure if you saw the part where I was posting an answer from him.

1. It is 100 mcg per cap, so you couldnt do it at 50 mcg per day. Some people run it up to 400 mcg per day, but you could run it at 100 mcg per day. Opinions are going to vary.

I have not seen any issues of people having a worse memory from coming off it. I have used it myself and really am a fan of it and dont notice any detrimental response to coming off it.

I will leave the rest to him to answer.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Keep in mind I am posting this on Synapsin's behalf - so it is somewhat admittedly above my head:

Yes it would. A lot of use for it has been tested in regards to things like Alzheimer's and Stroke. There are studies on thoughts to if it could be used as a prevention method in pre injury treatment or intervention based usage post injury. There is actually an FDA approved prescription drug in USA that is an NMDA antagonist for Alzheimer's.

However for our talk, let's think of it this way. If there is over excitation of the receptor (say due to DAA, eliciting neurotoxicity), it would help "buffer" the over excitation down to "normal" levels, thus preventing damage due to the over excitation (or even preventing the over excitation in the first place).

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
thanks, huge help. glad i ordered a few sns hup A :) FDA will prob ban it soon to make it pharma.

so what about dosage/time/cyling des synapsin suggest?

again thank you!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thanks, huge help. glad i ordered a few sns hup A :) FDA will prob ban it soon to make it pharma.

again thank you!!
Synapsin quote:

I would use 100 mcg 2x a day. It was used in a study that showed significant enhancement in memory in normal individuals based on the Wechsler scales.

------

Anymore questions from you wont be being ignored, just may be sunday before I can get them answered. :)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

again thank you!!
DAMN YOU FDA!!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great post SNS .. I'ma pick this up, my memory Does need a boost

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you guys have any more questions, feel free to message me.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gawdman I've been a red for a long time. I remember being pumped for this product, took it while studying for the LSAT. Now I get my Huperzine from Focus XT.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Talk about a throwback of a thread haha. Crazy price at GRN ATM.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incredible price! I love Huperzine. Helps with my consuming school studies. Everyday product for me except when I take Focus XT.