Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
STRENGTH AND SCIENCE #10 ONLINE NOW!

In This Issue

The Lifestyle Cut Diet
By Team Scivation

The Final Diet You’ll Ever Need to be Lean and Healthy Forever!
Free e-book!

Read More...

Understanding time under tension
By: Chris Kelly

Common sense cures for weight lifting injury

After watching thousands of gym goer’s push, pull, raise (and in most cases, jerk) free weights which are obviously too heavy, I must admit to a respect for machines. Sure, critics charge that machines restrict range of motion, but perhaps there is good reason.

As a personal trainer, I often remind my clients that hypertrophy (muscular growth) is not about pushing maximum weight, but rather directing maximum force to your muscles. But when form suffers in the pursuit of going heavy, injury is often the result.

Read More...

Marc Lobliner’s Road to Success Installment 13
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
By Marc Lobliner

The Boise Fitness Expo was a blast! While I was there, I shot a leg training video. We also decided to schedule a Team Scivation training video with Bodybuilding.com. The date we decided on for the shoot is the week of June 25. You know what that means—10 weeks of dieting! It is all good, I know just the plan….

Read More...

Benefits of Using VasoXplode on the Game Over Cut Diet
By Team Scivation

Anytime you go on a low-carb diet, or any decreased calorie diet for that matter, you experience a decrease in performance and energy in the gym. In addition, it becomes harder to get a good pump, which is not only important for nutrient deliver but also for a psychological boost. Low glycogen levels can leave your muscles “flat” and cause your workouts to lack intensity. This is just something dieters have to deal with… until now!
Read More...

Young_Squatter’s Supplement/Training Recommendations

By: Young Squatter

Working as a Rep on the boards for Scivation/Primaforce has been a great experience, what I do is answer questions and give recommendations on various topics that have to do with bodybuilding. One question I see a lot and get asked a lot is what supplements I recommend for someone who is serious in taking their body to the next level.
In this article I will give my personal recommendations on what supplements I feel will take your body to the next level, and if you have any questions feel free to contact me. The supplements I recommend for someone who just started lifting weights will be different from the supplements I recommend to someone who has experience in lifting weights.
Read More...

Strength Training for Speed
By: Ryan Patrick

As far as I’m concerned there is nothing negative that results from becoming faster and stronger. Take a look at the physique of sprinters—lean, muscular, and strong—three characteristics that virtually everyone in the gym strives to achieve. Sprinters rely on their posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings, calves) for a majority of their top end speed. Your Average Joe certainly needs more posterior chain work. Women tend to be more quad dominant than men too, plus wearing high heeled shoes (Shox included) helps shift the weight forward to the quads and further emphasizes their use. In sport, quad dominance can lead to non-contact ACL injuries (especially for women) when someone attempts to cut or change direction quickly. Bodybuilders often have hamstring workouts that consist wholly of leg curls (although you get some knowledgeable guys who add in the Romanian DL’s and Conventional Deadlifts).
Read More...