Ecdysterone?

THEstudent

Awards
I have heard from another board that Scivation is considering putting out a ecdysterone product. I was wondering what you guys have found out from looking at the research and testing the compound yourselves? Also, have you come across a derivative of ecdysterone called mesobolin that is supposed to be anabolic. I came across a website that sold this and a ecdysterone product called Retibol or Retibolin. I can't recall the actual website but if I do I will post it later.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
All shall be made known soon :)

Chuck our R&D guy has been big on ECDY for years and we have some good info on it, which has lead to us bringing out a product containing it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I like it pretty well for endurance and keeping gains during hypocaloric periods. I have not had the opportunity to bulk with it.

A new improved version? I'm all ears.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I remember a long time ago someone saying Sledge was looking into this and gave it up as a dead end. I'm wondering what this new product is coming out now. Maybe an ingredient in Replenish? My curiosity is high now.

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
I'm also thinking back a long time, back in the day when "steroid substitutes" were beginning to create a huge market for themselves.

There was a place called Amino Discounters out of Tucson, AZ that sold diosgenin and mesobolin, or else one was an ingredient of another, my memory is clouded by the elapsed time and all the products that have come since. I do not remember any discussion of ecdysterone at the time.

The dio-meso thing was touted as being the real deal, plant-based, a tiny white sub-lingual, but it didn't do bumpkiss for me.

Maybe the active ingredients will be better now, or the delivery system will, just wanted to keep this thread going with some ancient history that may/may not shed some light on this stuff, efficacy-wise.

Editing here to correct: there was a tiny white tablet, but there was also a sub-lingual liquid that came in an eyedropper-capped bottle, so maybe there were two related products. Anyone else here remember this crap, I think it was right after Lincoln was assassinated.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
The problem in the past was getting a high % extract, which made using a sufficient amount expensive (so hardly anyone did). We are working on the pricing right now and if we get what we want we shall be releasing an ECDY product with 2 other ingredients that will work complimentary with it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was popular with the Russian weightlifters back in the day, and is still circualted amongst some Olympic athletes as a legitmate anabolic ergogenic aid. I am skeptical myself.

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
Sounds interesting, Derek. Despite the overall tone of my post, note that my 4th paragraph held out hope that things might improve what is now about 20 years later.

I don't want to stay on aas forever, I want off periods, but I'm always hoping for something completely different from aas to fill those off periods productively, something a little better than a Trib-ZMA-Creatine cycle.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Some old russian studies compared ECDY to DBOL and found ECDY to be more anabolic in animals... that right there is enough incentive to bring it out. The main thing is getting enough of the active at a reasonable price. We are trying our hardest to do this.

P.S.- Have you tried free-form BCAA yet?

Sounds interesting, Derek. Despite the overall tone of my post, note that my 4th paragraph held out hope that things might improve what is now about 20 years later.

I don't want to stay on aas forever, I want off periods, but I'm always hoping for something completely different from aas to fill those off periods productively, something a little better than a Trib-ZMA-Creatine cycle.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Now that most companies have become spooked away from producing the PH replacements (superdrol, ergomax, etc.), I suspect that we're going to see a lot of "herbal", "natural", derived from mysterious Siberian or Amazonian plant products.

For the most part, I'm going to assume that these are all just magic beans.

I am encouraged that some companies who have produced products that work appear to be about to release some of these......BUT we've also seen some formerly top-notch companies get out of the PH/post-PH designer business and start releasing silly products like esterfied-BCAAs.

I guess I'm saying that these companies releasing newer "more refined" versions of products already panned in the marketplace have a steep hill to climb......BUT, all of us are eager to believe.....let's hope that we're not taken advantage of too many times from companies who've earned our trust in the past.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now that most companies have become spooked away from producing the PH replacements (superdrol, ergomax, etc.), I suspect that we're going to see a lot of "herbal", "natural", derived from mysterious Siberian or Amazonian plant products.

For the most part, I'm going to assume that these are all just magic beans.

I am encouraged that some companies who have produced products that work appear to be about to release some of these......BUT we've also seen some formerly top-notch companies get out of the PH/post-PH designer business and start releasing silly products like esterfied-BCAAs.

I guess I'm saying that these companies releasing newer "more refined" versions of products already panned in the marketplace have a steep hill to climb......BUT, all of us are eager to believe.....let's hope that we're not taken advantage of too many times from companies who've earned our trust in the past.
We're not making a newer, refined, esterfied ecdy. We are simply going to give you ENOUGH ecdy to see results affordably. That's where the old products went wrong.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Well, I for one am skeptical but eager to see if this can actually go anywhere. Good luck Scivation :thumbsup:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
We're not making a newer, refined, esterfied ecdy. We are simply going to give you ENOUGH ecdy to see results affordably. That's where the old products went wrong.
As others, I'm skeptical but looking forward to trying it. If you can answer, what will be the product's primary focus or purpose? Will it be considered an anabolic, used for weight loss, preworkout stim, etc?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
As others, I'm skeptical but looking forward to trying it. If you can answer, what will be the product's primary focus or purpose? Will it be considered an anabolic, used for weight loss, preworkout stim, etc?
Anabolic/anti-catabolic, increase muscle hardness and vascularity.

ECDY's anti-catabolic properties (i.e. nitrogen retention) are impressive.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I have heard from guys that tried it at very high doses that the pump and muscle fullness was pretty sweet. Could work out pretty well.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BEast you're crazy man. You're crazy...I like you but your're crazy man.

What would be considered an effective dose if you got it in bulk off of BN?

Btw could you maybe throw out a link to where you would recommend the free form BCAA's. In all honesty I've never used any BCAA's at all as I've always been under the impression they're hype, lately I've been reading to much about them to entirely dismiss the product. BTW sorry if that's a lazy question but I'm pressed for time so if the answer is right under my nose I appologize in advance.

BTW, good luck on 3%. You're crazy man!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Here you go :)

BEast you're crazy man. You're crazy...I like you but your're crazy man.

What would be considered an effective dose if you got it in bulk off of BN?

Btw could you maybe throw out a link to where you would recommend the free form BCAA's. In all honesty I've never used any BCAA's at all as I've always been under the impression they're hype, lately I've been reading to much about them to entirely dismiss the product. BTW sorry if that's a lazy question but I'm pressed for time so if the answer is right under my nose I appologize in advance.

BTW, good luck on 3%. You're crazy man!

Attachments

insectgod

How may I help you today?
Awards
Do you need any beta testers?:icon_lol:

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Mike is using this now at high dose and he's liking it, so i am interested.

Are the other two components to the pending product novel or more commonplace?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I used Ecdysterone for a 30 days at 1200mg/day taken with high protein meals and i put on 5lbs, looked leaner, skin looked healthier and I could sleep better.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mike is using this now at high dose and he's liking it, so i am interested.

Are the other two components to the pending product novel or more commonplace?
They are pretty common, but these are compounds we are very fond of and compliment ecdy very well.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I used Ecdysterone for a 30 days at 1200mg/day taken with high protein meals and i put on 5lbs, looked leaner, skin looked healthier and I could sleep better.
NICE! What % extract was this?

KingdomCome

Awards
Awesome results, sounds like the results I'm getting at 1500 mg.

Did you feel the muscle fullness/density that goes with it? It's almost unreal.

jesuit

Awards
I would like you to bring this type of product to market. I would love to try some when you get it. I don't want free samples but i would like to be contacted when you get it. Please pm me when i can buy your product

KingdomCome

Awards
I would like you to bring this type of product to market. I would love to try some when you get it. I don't want free samples but i would like to be contacted when you get it. Please pm me when i can buy your product
A product like this is already out.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think one of my first posts ever on this board was involving trying to megadose EDCY. I spent weeks researching it, and it was promissing, but I could never find a quality extract.

I'm quite interested in seeing this.

jkeithc82

Awards
I think one of my first posts ever on this board was involving trying to megadose EDCY. I spent weeks researching it, and it was promissing, but I could never find a quality extract.

I'm quite interested in seeing this.
Would that be a partial application to be a future tester? :D

jesuit

Awards
I don't want to guess I just want to buy some and try it already. Just tell me what it is and where i can purchase it :)

ChuckieRD

Awards
I don't want to guess I just want to buy some and try it already. Just tell me what it is and where i can purchase it :)
LOL, sorry man, unfortunately its not out yet. I still need to have the ECDY tested (HPLC) to make sure its 60+% 20-betahydroxy. Once that material gets to me and is tested, then we will proceed with formulation and release. We are looking at 3-4 weeks from now...I just need to find a good source.

jesuit

Awards
Thank you for clearing that up.. Just make shure to tell me when i can order

ChuckieRD

Awards
How about Bioprene or something that enhances the absorption of the ecdy?
Well my question is, can you show me that bioprene WILL enhance the absorption? I am not saying it will not, but I would hate to not know the actual amount being absorbed/not absorbed and not does properly.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Im not saying that Bioprene enhances absorption, just taking a stab at the other ingredients, and it would seem like it would make good logic to increase the chance of uptake since this is the problem in the past (getting enough Ecdy). I don't even know if Bioprene enhances uptake or not, I'm just a brotelligent bro. Best of luck with this product.

ChuckieRD

Awards
Hey Im not saying that Bioprene enhances absorption, just taking a stab at the other ingredients, and it would seem like it would make good logic to increase the chance of uptake since this is the problem in the past (getting enough Ecdy). I don't even know if Bioprene enhances uptake or not, I'm just a brotelligent bro. Best of luck with this product.
Was not coming at you negative. I misinterpreted the question, my fault. The thing is, I have to provide enough active based on the research I have seen and the evidence I have seen. Niether the research (and I know mostly on rats) nor my own experience used any absoprtion enhancer. Not saying it may help, I am just not convinced enough that its worth adding....thats all.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Was not coming at you negative. I misinterpreted the question, my fault. The thing is, I have to provide enough active based on the research I have seen and the evidence I have seen. Niether the research (and I know mostly on rats) nor my own experience used any absoprtion enhancer. Not saying it may help, I am just not convinced enough that its worth adding....thats all.
Tis okay Chuck, no offense taken. I am looking forward to a good product just as much as you are. I trust Scivation and have for the past year now so whenever I see a new product to help in maximizing recovery and muscle gain then I get excited. I haven't used a product by Scivation that has been "bunk" from Neurostim+C to Nitrocharge to Substance, they meet the claims. I'll be one of the first ones buying. Best of luck bro.

ChuckieRD

Awards
Tis okay Chuck, no offense taken. I am looking forward to a good product just as much as you are. I trust Scivation and have for the past year now so whenever I see a new product to help in maximizing recovery and muscle gain then I get excited. I haven't used a product by Scivation that has been "bunk" from Neurostim+C to Nitrocharge to Substance, they meet the claims. I'll be one of the first ones buying. Best of luck bro.
Thank you sir for the kind comments and support. I do not think yu will be unhappy...

ChuckieRD

Awards
Forskolin?
To dose that product correctly, it would cost like 80 bazillion dollars...it would work no doubt but no one could afford it. I cannot give away the little secret. Maybe Scivation will. Its nothing anyone has not seen just in good doses. Our new fat burner/energy product will be the same thing. Proven ingredients at effective doses.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The stuff i used was Syntax's SyntraEC, I have no clue what % it is but it's 200mg per serving. When you come out with this product i'd like to see the dosing at ATLEAST 200mg.

ChuckieRD

Awards
The stuff i used was Syntax's SyntraEC, I have no clue what % it is but it's 200mg per serving. When you come out with this product i'd like to see the dosing at ATLEAST 200mg.
This is 60% cyanotis vaga. We are looking to get 300mg active per daily serving. Right now we have a 60% being sent to be tested HPLC to make sure it is 60+% 20-beta hydroxyecdysone. if it tests out, a daily serving will contain 500+mg of the 60% herb.