1st Cycle: Good enough? PCT?

WakexS

Awards
Hello all, first post here:

Have never taken any PH's or anything (First Cycle):

Have been looking into 1-Andro and 1-Alpha for a bit now, and I have a couple friends who have taken cycles. As far as gaining mass while limiting fat gain, what would be the best bet? I would eat at a 300-600 calorie surplus, on creatine, and hitting my macros. Will also be doing Cube Kingpin programming.

I don't know too much about PCT's so I really need some direction here. I'm willing to spend a little extra to reduce side effects, but I'm not going to be spending money on pointless supps. Also would need to know a timelines as when to start / how long to go for.

Also, I was planning on taking 2 pills a day (I've seen it recommended to take one at breakfast and one 8 hours later. What would be the optimal cycle time for this? I'm really being cautious on this and don't want to go overboard.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any feedback.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a first cycle I would recommend 1-Andro for six weeks at two caps a day, 1 cap in the morning and second cap eight hours later, possibly going to three caps a day, 2am 1pm, after week two if you're feeling good.

The beautiful part.... Rev PCT along with Pure Test is all that is needed for PCT. No SERM needed.

Rev PCT is too be started the last day of 1-Andro at two caps before bed on an empty stomach for four weeks.

Pure Test should be split 3 caps twice daily with the same dosing scheme as the Andro for four weeks.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
For a first cycle I would recommend 1-Andro for six weeks at two caps a day, 1 cap in the morning and second cap eight hours later, possibly going to three caps a day, 2am 1pm, after week two if you're feeling good. The beautiful part.... Rev PCT along with Pure Test is all that is needed for PCT. No SERM needed. Rev PCT is too be started the last day of 1-Andro at two caps before bed on an empty stomach for four weeks. Pure Test should be split 3 caps twice daily with the same dosing scheme as the Andro for four weeks.
This looks promising and would be a fun one to follow!

WakexS

Awards
For the Pure Test, when would I start it? Same as Rev PCT?

Also: Is there anything I should take with the 1-Andro to prevent side effects, or will the PCT / Test cover everything?
----
1-Andro: 2 Bottles = 120 pills
2 pills / day for 14 days (2 weeks) = 28 pills
3 pills / day for 28 days (4 weeks) = 84 pills

Comes out to 112 pills over 6 weeks; 8 left, What to do...
---
Rev PCT: 1 Bottle = 60 Pills
Pure Test: 2 Bottles = 240 pills.

PCT: 2 pills / day for 30 days = 60 pills √
Pure Test: 6 pills / day for 30 days = 180 pills.. what to do with the other 60, save them?

This looks promising and would be a fun one to follow!
I'll have a log running.

WakexS

Awards
And what is a reliable, well priced site to buy them from? I've been looking around a bit, but I'm sure you guys know the best places.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

WakexS

Awards
Appreciate it man, looks like I'll make that my store. Also, how should my training differ? The program I will be running at the time is already fairly high in volume; I was thinking of just going harder and hitting extra reps as I feel (nothing new). Are there specific rules to follow?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Appreciate it man, looks like I'll make that my store. Also, how should my training differ? The program I will be running at the time is already fairly high in volume; I was thinking of just going harder and hitting extra reps as I feel (nothing new). Are there specific rules to follow?
Any well devised program will work, expect much better pumps (at times limiting for high-rep schemes)

If you have been doing your current program a while already switch it up and add some weight instead of reps.

Is your goal hypertrophy or strength? I am a big fan of PHAT for the best of both, and the variation keeps gains constant.

WakexS

Awards
Honestly, I'm looking for a good mix of both. I'm fairly strong for my size, but really want to catch my body up and still work strength up. I've never run PHAT only because I see it more as a size program, and I'm always more of a fan of strength programs. I can send you my programming and you can take a look to see if it's alright.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Honestly, I'm looking for a good mix of both. I'm fairly strong for my size, but really want to catch my body up and still work strength up. I've never run PHAT only because I see it more as a size program, and I'm always more of a fan of strength programs. I can send you my programming and you can take a look to see if it's alright.
Post it up here, lots of knowledge on AM and people who can speak from personal experience

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes start Pure Test at the same time as REV PCT.

WakexS

Awards
It's in an excel sheet.. rep schemes are slightly modified each week but here's a sample week:
*Note: ME, RE, DE, and bodybuilding days. ME RE DE days rotate between bench, squat, and deadlift. BB days stay the same each week. (EX: Week 1 will have Bench being ME, week 2 it will be RE, week 3 it will be DE. You never have two of any type in one week.) (If that makes sense):

Day 1 / Monday: ME Squat
1) Back Squat: 5x2 @ 80%
2) Front Squat: 2x1-3 @ 85%
3) Pause Back Squat: 2x4-6 @ 75%
4a) GHR: 3x10
4b) Weighted Sit Ups: 3x10
4c) Roll Outs: 3x10

Day 2 / Wednesday: RE Bench
1) Bench Press: 2-3x8-12 @ 70%
2) CGBP: 2x6-8 @ 75%
3) Bench w/ 1" Off Pause: 2-3x10-12 @ 65%
4) Bent Over Rows: 4x10
5a) Face Pulls: 3x12
5b) Side Raises: 3x12
6) Chin Ups: 4xAMRAP

Day 3 / Friday: DE Deadlift
1) Conventional Deadlift: 8x3 @ 65% (Explosive)
2) Block Pulls: 2x5 @ 70%
3) 2" Deficit Deadlifts: 2-3x8 @ 60%
4) Front Rack Lunges: 3x10 each
5a) DB Shrugs: 3x12
5b) Weighted Planks: 3xMax Time
6) Sprint Intervals (Optional)

Day 4 / Sunday: Weaknesses
1a) BB Military Press: 4x10
1b) Lat Pull Downs: 4x10
2a) Hammer Curls: 3x12
2b) Calf Raises: 3x12
3a) DB Flyers: 3x12
3b) DB Rows: 3x12

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're into strength routines, I'd suggest Sheiko. I compete in powerlifting and my routine is pretty close to Sheiko - I love it and progress is great.

Just add in one extra hypertrophy day for lats, biceps, side- and rear delts and calves if you want.

WakexS

Awards
The program I just posted works.. I've had guys say it's more volume than Sheiko, and their personal results were better. Will I run Sheiko at some point? Hell yes. I plan on it later this year.

More worried if there's enough work in this program (set / reps).

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The program I just posted works.. I've had guys say it's more volume than Sheiko, and their personal results were better. Will I run Sheiko at some point? Hell yes. I plan on it later this year.

More worried if there's enough work in this program (set / reps).
When I'm on cycle I always play it by ear. If it feels too easy, just do one more set or add 10-20lbs to the bar.

WakexS

Awards
Do macros change at all? I see some guys here with their protein way too high for a natty.. are their different rules?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do macros change at all? I see some guys here with their protein way too high for a natty.. are their different rules?
Protein synthesis is of course higher when you're on anabolics... 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight should be plenty for you.

WakexS

Awards
Protein synthesis is of course higher when you're on anabolics... 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight should be plenty for you.
Is the surplus still the same? Or is that higher as well.. Not looking to under eat here.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the surplus still the same? Or is that higher as well.. Not looking to under eat here.
Well, everyone is different...

I do it this way:

- Protein 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
- Fat 0.4 grams per pound of bodyweight
- Needed amount of carbs so that scale moves to the right direction

Eat plenty and if you think that you're getting too fat, cut carbs slightly. Very simple.

WakexS

Awards
Well, everyone is different... I do it this way: - Protein 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight - Fat 0.4 grams per pound of bodyweight - Needed amount of carbs so that scale moves to the right direction Eat plenty and if you think that you're getting too fat, cut carbs slightly. Very simple.
Appreciate the advice. I'll be starting my cycle in May. Anything else to know?

WakexS

Awards
1) Should I change my macros right when I start the cycle? Or a bit into it..?

2) What is the advised time to wait to start a new cycle after PCT?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) Should I change my macros right when I start the cycle? Or a bit into it..?

2) What is the advised time to wait to start a new cycle after PCT?
It is not necessary to change your macros at all. I just told what works for me. Everyone is different. I always eat the same way, no matter if I'm on something or not.

General rule of thumb is time on + PCT = time off.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally my macros DO change on cycle.

Increase in carbs mainly. Protein always stays about the same 1.5g per lb bw.

Time on cycle plus PCT is the right timeframe to refrain from doing anything else like gohard said.

WakexS

Awards
Right now I run protein at ~1g / lb of bw, but that's for natty synthesis, not increased. I'm going to raise it to 1.5g / lb and see how it goes. This is a huge test run for me (the whole 10 weeks), so I'm going to try and get a feel for what works.

Just want to make sure I have all the "geared" rules down. I know this is a very mild cycle, so I guess to really be calling it geared might be a joke to you guys.

WakexS

Awards
Also, should I have a SERM like Nolva on hand? or is this unnecessary?

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
Ive been taking 1-alpha for almost two weeks with crea-trona and I am not sure if its mental or not but damn I feel stronger and more aggressive. I am not sure if its the creatine or 1-alpha. I had a question, i went from 232 -240 in those two weeks. I haven't been eating clean but my protein intake has been higher than normal. i think I have put on some good size but not sure how much. Is it possible to put on a couple of pounds in two weeks?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ive been taking 1-alpha for almost two weeks with crea-trona and I am not sure if its mental or not but damn I feel stronger and more aggressive. I am not sure if its the creatine or 1-alpha. I had a question, i went from 232 -240 in those two weeks. I haven't been eating clean but my protein intake has been higher than normal. i think I have put on some good size but not sure how much. Is it possible to put on a couple of pounds in two weeks?
a couple pounds of weight? sure
pure muscle (no glycogen/watereweight etc)? no
doesn't work like that, but you are on the right track in accumulating that muscle

as for 1-ALPHA/CreaTrona stack, that is a 1-2 punch designed to add some serious strength
both shine brightly in the strength department

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it is. Almost every prohormone pulls glycogen to your muscles - many pounds of it in first few weeks. Of course you'll lose some of that weight when you drop the compound.

EDIT: Snags was faster!

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
OK I was wondering what was going on Ive been drinking about 2 gal of water daily but my calories really haven't changed. Although my appetite is huge i feel like I could eat all day.

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
I keep fruits and some flackers around to snack on but calories are almost the same

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
Can't beat flackers omega-3's protein flax seeds. Dip it in hummus Bam

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
I will say all my lifts went up big time, No side effects yet. Only thing that happened was I think I had a rage attack.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will say all my lifts went up big time, No side effects yet. Only thing that happened was I think I had a rage attack.
It's in your head. I have used several compounds (including trenbolone) and I never had any anger issues. I was as calm as always when I was on 1-Alpha.

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
I should have gotten my blood pressure checked first lol .I didn't get violent but I after i calmed down I was shakey and hot

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It's in your head. I have used several compounds (including trenbolone) and I never had any anger issues. I was as calm as always when I was on 1-Alpha.
placebo could play a part, but this phenomenon is very user/compound/quantity dependent
can't just say that it's "in everybody's head"..
myself, I can sense more aggression, as well as a "locked in" feeling where everything is very clear, and I have that feeling of supreme confidence

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
placebo could play a part, but this phenomenon is very user/compound/quantity dependent
myself, I can sense more aggression, as well as a "locked in" feeling where everything is very clear, and I have that feeling of supreme confidence
You're right. I too felt "alpha" when I was on 1-Alpha (lol) and there definitely was positive aggression in the gym but I never had any issues outside the gym - with any compounds.

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
in the gym I feel unstoppable, not intimidated to try new weights
snagencyV2 is there a supplement to use for cutting

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
in the gym I feel unstoppable, not intimidated to try new weights
snagencyV2 is there a supplement to use for cutting
I wouldn't worry about cutting right now, wait until pct is over and then start considering it
then, you could look into our PX series of fat-burners, or even our bodycomp-enhancing thermo preworkout powder Stimul8

jluisbarriga

jluisbarriga

Awards
My issue is I only got 1bottle of 1-alpha wish I could have gotten two

WakexS

Awards
#hijack

On a side note though, snags, "clean" eating vs "dirty" eating isn't going to affect muscle gains. That's surplus vs deficit.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#hijack

On a side note though, snags, "clean" eating vs "dirty" eating isn't going to affect muscle gains. That's surplus vs deficit.
Eat a surplus of table sugar and let me know how that works for you.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
#hijack

:juniorfistpalmshimself: Oh? Ok, I want to see you replace all of your protein with bacon and carbs and fats with twinkies for two months and then come back in here and make the same statement.

EDIT: Damn! Monte always quick on the draw!

WakexS

Awards
Eat a surplus of table sugar and let me know how that works for you.
Didn't think we were talking extremes.

3000 cals with a 50/30/20 split is just that. While micronutrients and fiber intake are valuable, carbs from a twinkie have the same effect on body comp as carbs from rice. I can link the medical research if you want; I'd love to see the broscience research saying clean eating = better results.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't think we were talking extremes.

3000 cals with a 50/30/20 split is just that. While micronutrients and fiber intake are valuable, carbs from a twinkie have the same effect on body comp as carbs from rice. I can link the medical research if you want; I'd love to see the broscience research saying clean eating = better results.
Lol. Not going to argue with your silliness in our company thread.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
While micronutrients and fiber intake are valuable, carbs from a twinkie have the same effect on body comp as carbs from rice. I can link the medical research if you want.
that is a patently false statement, ignorant in nature
macronutrients are only half the battle, in the war on bodycomp..
micronutrient construction of those macros is just as valuable
if you think otherwise, more power to you and good luck

I could care less about whatever "medical research" you think you have..
last I saw, no medical-type ppl are being sought after for help in preparing with bb'ing shows, or being hired as nutritional consultants

I will continue to tell ppl to eat clean, if they want to avoid the fat accumulation that eating big (and poorly) will certainly accompany with such approach

WakexS

Awards
That's fine to disagree with medical research, proven by people with PhD's. Seeing as neither of you have one, I won't be taking my nutrition advice from self proclaimed people. While you two have a TON of knowledge in your specific areas involving anabolics, neither of you have degrees in dietetics and nutrition. I'll continue listening to research and proven studies.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is a patently false statement, ignorant in nature
macronutrients are only half the battle, in the war on bodycomp..
micronutrient construction of those macros is just as valuable
if you think otherwise, more power to you and good luck

I will continue to tell ppl to eat clean, if they want to avoid the fat accumulation that eating big (and poorly) will certainly accompany with such approach
But dude..........don't you remember all the pro fitness models and bodybuilders eating chocolate bars for carbs every meal? Duuuh. I've got links to studies maaang.

Get outta my face.

WakexS

Awards
If you could link research showing that clean eating = better body comp, I'd gladly read. Until then...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 2
Gothat3rs Post Cycle Therapy 21
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 19