Snags gets ginormous with lean clean off-season dream bulk

Page 8 of 17 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Super duper
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.98%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Living in Pitt now?
    Going to the NPC Natural PA this upcoming weekend at Carnegie?
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Super duper
    pooper trooper?

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Living in Pitt now?
    Going to the NPC Natural PA this upcoming weekend at Carnegie?
    nah not living in PA, still in Indiana
    no national level shows in my area, gotta travel somewhere

quick overview of PCT:
    you already saw the dietary maneuvers, if you were to view this as a % split would look like 45/30/25 c/p/f
    so, over 5k cals, will be ~550-575g carbs, 375g protein, 140g fat
    it is my firm belief that one should up the fat intake in PCT, since of course cholesterol is what testosterone is synthesized from and we're trying to get normalized production back in place..also will have resveratrol in play

as for the training, have touched on this a little bit but in essence will be more volume but less intensity, quicker pace, reps in 12-20+ range, different exercises overall

endocrine equalizers will be clomid+torem..
    also will be running low-dose osta + endurobol / AICAR combination
    (actually started the osta/endurobol/aicar last night)

for OTC supps, we got REV PCT, PureTest, and Tropinol, as well as your standard libido-boosting xyz no-name product

the fridge is stocked, we are ready to roll
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Been silently lurking....nice work as always snags. PCT set up looks awesome.

You've got me excited for my bulk after my show in 5 weeks. I was contemplating using a template similar to yours, after following this log, makes me feel more comfortable using it. I won't be such a carb whore you were, but close ;-)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Been silently lurking....nice work as always snags. PCT set up looks awesome.

You've got me excited for my bulk after my show in 5 weeks. I was contemplating using a template similar to yours, after following this log, makes me feel more comfortable using it. I won't be such a carb whore you were, but close ;-)
    cool man, glad I could inspire
    carb whore - LOL...yeah, guess I was there for a minute huh..was fun for a short time, but then it just got unwieldy
    I think for the long-term, 800-900g would be sufficient, and I would def incorporate more of a rotation with hi/low days, also get cals down a bit -- anything approaching 7k is just too much! was a nice first-run experience tho, learning as always

and WOW - I know my metabolism is superb, but sometimes I still tend to underestimate myself
    so after one day of lowered cals (~5800) and carbs (~850g) I awoke this morning not only looking noticeably visibly tighter and solid, but I was also down a pound .... crazy
    may have to play with my planned totals and adjust -- 5k may be a smidge too low
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%

Such an amazing addition of mass in such a short period of time!

Curious to get your thoughts on a few items:

- how much of the gains (percentage-wise) would you attribute to the PH's? I've never used so I have no concept as to how potent/effective they may be
    - how much of the gains would you attribute to your diet? 5k+ clean calories with your metabolism is really something awesome to see!
    - any guess at an approximate current body fat percentage?
    - what weight are you going to try and compete at next year with the same conditioning you recently had?

As always, I and I'm sure everyone else here appreciates the time and details you share with all. There's more knowledge in this log than there is at entire websites dedicated to training and nutrition!
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

you are such a PC-friendly guy, sd

Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Such an amazing addition of mass in such a short period of time!
    gracias amigo

Curious to get your thoughts on a few items:

- how much of the gains (percentage-wise) would you attribute to the PH's? I've never used so I have no concept as to how potent/effective they may be
    well I certainly have to credit my choices of orals here, no doubt about it...tough to put a finite quantifiable amount on it, as much goes into the other parameters one is incorporating along with the hormonals ie, diet/training parameters (intensity and execution)/state of natural hormone production/amount of hormones being ingested/age/experience etc etc -- but make no mistake, they have certainly helped me accomplish my goals, and stay fairly dry in the process, but certainly not as much as injectable steroids would
    seeing as how I never ran this kind of caloric excess as a natural athlete, I really have no frame of reference that I can share with you
    how much of the gains would you attribute to your diet? 5k+ clean calories with your metabolism is really something awesome to see!
    ahh but HERE, I can be a little more quantifiable in my answer
    short answer: a SH1TLOAD is attributable to my dietary course of action, believe that
    the saying "diet is everything" is so basic, yet sooo true....I really wish more ppl would get a clue on this, they would be so much more happy with their progress/goals
    any guess at an approximate current body fat percentage?
    hmmm more than I would like to be
    but understand - I enjoy sitting around 6-7% usually, 8% tops
    and it's really hard to tell right now, as there was most definitely a significant amount of bloat from all the cals I was mauling -- has already gone done ridiculous amount, just at end of day #2 of reduction in cals here
    what weight are you going to try and compete at next year with the same conditioning you recently had?
    no-brainer that I will be light-heavy at the lightest -- really had no business trying to squeeze down to middle last show
    in a perfect world, would like to be heavyweight, but would face same problem as this last time I imagine if I did make it there (ie at bottom of weight class, upper 190s in a division that starts at 196.25)
    in this show, being lightest in class can be troublesome, don't know that I want to chance that

As always, I and I'm sure everyone else here appreciates the time and details you share with all. There's more knowledge in this log than there is at entire websites dedicated to training and nutrition!
    thanks so much for that, is pleasure to share, hopefully someone can take something from my travails and make it useful for themselves
    that's what this sport (and this forum) is supposed to be all about
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Endurobol/alcar combo sounds very intriguing (& a tad frightening, based on the smidge I've read) - what kind of dosing are you using? I've really no idea what they are run at, & also wondered if bodybuilders run different amounts/timing than say endurance cyclists & olympic athletes.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Endurobol/alcar combo sounds very intriguing (& a tad frightening, based on the smidge I've read)
    can't believe everything you read
    is not something I would advise for others, just for gp sake...
    as a personal choice however, it is my decision to make for myself
    what kind of dosing are you using?
    osta @25, endurobol @10, aicar @10
    I've really no idea what they are run at, & also wondered if bodybuilders run different amounts/timing than say endurance cyclists & olympic athletes.
    I have no idea what cyclists or oly athletes run this at, my dose is not based off their feedback
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I like the mentality snags, always motivates me. You blew up so fast and flew right passed my weight o.o! I'm on 1-alpha right now and done with 1-andro. Went from 201 to 208 and actually look leaner AND bigger. Very happy with one of my first ph runs =] keep killin it, I'm trying to follow your motha****in' lead!
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

good deal irish! if I motivate, you may as well keep coming back here for a fix cuz ain't nothing gonna change in '14!
    tunnel vision on this mission...

mmmm just had a shake, this thing was delicious
    1 scoop graham cracker muscle milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey concentrate
    100g banana
    2 TBS almond butter
    1c almond milk + 1c water

in other news:
    once I finish this rotation of training this week and get the move done next Tuesday, after a day or two off i'm switching to a full-body higher-rep plan, something different thruout duration of PCT
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    good deal irish! if I motivate, you may as well keep coming back here for a fix cuz ain't nothing gonna change in '14!
    tunnel vision on this mission...

mmmm just had a shake, this thing was delicious
    1 scoop graham cracker muscle milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey concentrate
    100g banana
    2 TBS almond butter
    1c almond milk + 1c water

in other news:
    once I finish this rotation of training this week and get the move done next Tuesday, after a day or two off i'm switching to a full-body higher-rep plan, something different thruout duration of PCT
    Shake sounds delicious for sure.. I can only reiterate what others say about the motivation and knowledge I pick up from this and your previous logs.. Interested in seeing how your PCT as well a your 'full body / high rep plan' unfolds..

Good luck with the move.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

thanks simon - so far so good on the PCT

a little randomness tho: (if you get queasy easy, then pass on by this paragraph)
    so after having pretty soft stools all thru my cal/carb bigness, the switch in macros has done a number on this aspect - esp this morning..i have been letting loose with some serious logs man, sheesh -- not painful, but slightly uncomfortable, solid and big ... interesting

other randomness:
    freakin Atlanta braves disappear in the postseason AGAIN, unreal...not real sure about this Freddie gonzalez guy they got managing, just not real impressed with his maneuvers - still, the players play the game, not the manager..

tigers in same boat, if they do not win today...Oakland scared me coming in, but I figured Detroit would still pull it out
    they still may, but I could do without all the high drama of having to make a comeback..

and Halle Berry had a kid the other day -- at age 47
    whooa

enjoy your day gents
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Real quick, what's the goal/reasoning behind switching to full body? I see that it coincides with with an overall decrease in cals, which would almost lead me to assume that you're gonna try to cut (if there is any) any unnecessary weight you may have put on (maybe to assess how this adventure did you?). Either way, looking forward to see where things go from here. Full body sucks. That is all.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

a little randomness tho: (if you get queasy easy, then pass on by this paragraph)
    so after having pretty soft stools all thru my cal/carb bigness, the switch in macros has done a number on this aspect - esp this morning..i have been letting loose with some serious logs man, sheesh -- not painful, but slightly uncomfortable, solid and big ... interesting
    Reduce fibre intake causing this? Or perhaps closer protein/carb balance? I would think increasing fats would make things softer than 'loggier'...
    FINAFLEX REP
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Real quick, what's the goal/reasoning behind switching to full body? I see that it coincides with with an overall decrease in cals, which would almost lead me to assume that you're gonna try to cut (if there is any) any unnecessary weight you may have put on (maybe to assess how this adventure did you?). Either way, looking forward to see where things go from here. Full body sucks. That is all.
    unnecessary weight should be eliminated with reduction in cals alone -- will not be increasing overall caloric expenditure...cleaning things up is the plan, but understand this is far different course than cutting - which is NOT the goal at this time
    other than that, full-body just for something different, and to reduce training frequency to 3x weekly as I solidify gains made to this point

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Reduce fibre intake causing this? Or perhaps closer protein/carb balance? I would think increasing fats would make things softer than 'loggier'...
    hard telling (no pun intended)
    my main carb source has been rice by far, so maybe reduction there has some impact..also, fat increase so far has been butter sourced, specifically almond butter, and I would assume this would actually harden poo not soften ie make thicker
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

More fat usually means more runny stool. It's basically oil so what happens when you get oil on something? It gets slick. I reduced my fat intake when my gi issue was I'm full bore and it did help some with loose stools. The decrease in fiber intake probably has most to do with it.

18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

unnecessary weight should be eliminated with reduction in cals alone -- will not be increasing overall caloric expenditure...cleaning things up is the plan, but understand this is far different course than cutting - which is NOT the goal at this time other than that, full-body just for something different, and to reduce training frequency to 3x weekly as I solidify gains made to this point
    Got it. I didn't mean a full blown cut, probably could have found a better word for that. Good luck with full body. It's painful, but a good kind of painful.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

More fat usually means more runny stool. It's basically oil so what happens when you get oil on something? It gets slick. I reduced my fat intake when my gi issue was I'm full bore and it did help some with loose stools. The decrease in fiber intake probably has most to do with it.
    agree - but almond butter pretty sticky & thick?
    I dunno, seems opposite of logical but makes sense to me in a way

Got it. I didn't mean a full blown cut, probably could have found a better word for that. Good luck with full body. It's painful, but a good kind of painful.
    not an overall fan of regular full body, surely...good to switch things up tho
    constant change....
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

agree - but almond butter pretty sticky & thick?
    I dunno, seems opposite of logical but makes sense to me in a way

constant change....
    Yeah it's thick when it's not digested but that changes once it's all broken down.

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.13%

constant change....
    If you have the time and the desire, would like to see the exercises (set/rep ranges) you utilize - as it unfolds
    FINAFLEX REP
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Yeah it's thick when it's not digested but that changes once it's all broken down.
    hmmm well maybe i'm just full of old sh1t then
    and the fats are just breaking things up and getting the compacted stuff outta there..
    I don't really mind, just thought it was something worth mentioning - something manly about letting loose a nice dark log, versus some soft fuzzy looking light brown thing that is miniscule and almost dainty looking in comparison
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    If you have the time and the desire, would like to see the exercises (set/rep ranges) you utilize - as it unfolds
    no worries - won't start this till next week, but yes I will note the protocol just for you sir
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Could also have to do with coming off of hormonals (methyls specifically), for one, and liver function trying to return to normal
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm very curious as to the exercise selection & volume specifically as well. Just sayin'
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Could also have to do with coming off of hormonals (methyls specifically), for one, and liver function trying to return to normal
    thought about that too

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I'm very curious as to the exercise selection & volume specifically as well. Just sayin'
    no worries brah got you covered

hey hey all is looking good today!
    everything on track very well to this point, bodycomp looking really pretty superb here this morning, veins peeking out in full force again (LOVE them ropes in my legs lulzz), no large weight reduction but seem to have leveled out 214.5ish for now

brought cals in ~4850 yesterday, really grooving on the new format...
    I think this may turn out even better than I had anticipated

off day today, cals will be lower as I do not get postWO shake
    we'll see how hunger pangs go -- truth be told, I did get a little hungry yesterday on these "reduced" cals
    wasn't too bad, but def noticeable
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%

Hunger pangs at 4,850/cals/day?! What an incredible and adaptable machine the body is.
    You certainly don't look like the typical citizen who gets hunger pangs at these calorie levels, that's for sure
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Hunger pangs at 4,850/cals/day?! What an incredible and adaptable machine the body is.
    You certainly don't look like the typical citizen who gets hunger pangs at these calorie levels, that's for sure
    right?
    I didn't think I would be hungry, still eating those kinds of cals + more fats to keep me full..
    couple guys in here called it tho - surprised, truly
    but: the bigger you are/more muscle you have however, the more caloric sustenance you need
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

silly veinage

steak the other night was just fabtastic..
    this from last night pretty bomb too

6oz turkey burger
    2oz deli smoked turkey breast + 2oz rotisserie chicken
    1/2c basmati rice
    (not pictured: pineapple slice)
    700cals
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.53%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I heard this Snags guy isn't even that big
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.53%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Oh and that he eats carbs like a bisssssshhhhhhhh
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaha
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Oh and that he eats carbs like a bisssssshhhhhhhh
    que no incluso elevación y come como una chica

must have been the MAX PUMP I just took
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.13%

silly veinage

Damn....
    FINAFLEX REP
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Your veins have veins. Wtf.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Soooooo tempted to live up to my title and do a HUGE multi quote but since my iPhone jumbles them all together I will decline.
    Snags, very impressive indeed. Cannot wait to see what happens when the injectables come into play. Gonna get silly for sure. Loving the diet the last few weeks, made me sick thinking about it but shyt it worked out fantastic.
    Look forward to see how PCT treats you
    Independent
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%

Those veins are just silly....wtf......never seen those on my legs
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Your veins have veins. Wtf.
    I laffed

thanks for that guys, yeah i'm a bit surprised myself at the profuseness of those things..I mean I've had veins to some extent down in the wheels for a good long while now in this process (entered during prep/hormones), then they faded a bit toward end of my mass run, then just couple days cleaning things up with lowered cals (and minus hormones for couple days now in PCT) they pop bigger than ever..
    surely, flip in macros is playing a big role, I've been fairly low-fat in relation to overall cals for a long time now, and a little boost in fats has always seems to make me more veiny -- used to piss my brothers off back in the day, how I could maul a lb (or more) of steak and drink a glass of red wine during our w/e get-togethers, and while they were all bloated and whatnot, I steadily got more veiny as the night went on, esp by the next morning

whatever -- I hope they hang around for awhile, it's just too cool looking down and seeing them things
  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.53%

que no incluso elevación y come como una chica

must have been the MAX PUMP I just took
    Que?
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%

Que?
    ¡qué perro más feo!

LOL....okay
    how about el que then, more proper?
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.56%

I took Latin in highschool, so I'm totally lost here....
    Orbit Nutrition Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's get SHREDDED with Lean EFX Refined! 5 NEW loggers needed!
    By TheSwanks in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
  2. CountryLiftin gets mean and lean with Erase and Natadrol.
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 11:09 PM