Snags gets ginormous with lean clean off-season dream bulk

Page 6 of 17 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    7237672

    .........
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  2. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    .........
    the hell does that mean?
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    7237672

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    the hell does that mean?
    Jealousy
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    wasme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,580
    Rep Power
    4059796

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    .........
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    the hell does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    is a pretty simple recipe really, guys

    1) good controlled eating; plus
    2) consistent, dedicated, and targeted training with a plan of action; plus
    3) hormonal compounds that are smartly chosen to aid goals; plus
    4) other supplements that also further those goals
    (in that order)

    that said: it's one thing to intellectually and intuitively believe you are making the right choices that will give you envisioned results; it's altogether another to have that vision realized in reality ... since this is the first time i have ever undertaken such a large project as this, i honestly can say it is gratifying to be proven correct in my calculations & assumptions
    You are definitely a master at this...

    And fine looking meal...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  5. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    last day in the rotation today, arms + abs..looked like this:


    7.5min cardio warm-up

    close-grip BB bench
    5x12/10/8/8/8

    cable tricep pushdowns
    4x12/10/8/8

    dips
    3x max reps

    tricep kickbacks
    3x12/10/8
    *old-school movement, and one I don't do very often at all, but felt like ss'ing these+dips this day

    standing BB curls
    5x12/10/8/8/8

    preacher curls w/ DB
    4x12/10/8/8

    concentration curls
    3x10

    abs
    6 sets/3 different exercises

    7.5min cardio cooldown


    off day tomorrow, come back and start it all over again on sunday
    everyone enjoy the w/e
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  6. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    Nice work Snags....and don't worry. Nobody's gonna get the idea to go buying MM goods, because nobody will be willing to fork out $65 for a tub of Bullnox - I'm not kidding. First time I ever went in one, they were selling this preworkout for $65 a lil tub! Better be laced with something illegal for that kind of money!

    This chick we just hired at work is gonna do a bikini show at the end of November. It's not her first rodeo, but we were talking about her postworkout carbs (the only time she'll have carbs in a day from here on out, after her daily weighttraining). Does it really make a difference if it's complex like a sweet potato or a simple sugar/carb of her choice? Will it create a palpable difference? My thought is she'd WANT the simple carb to get it absorbed inside her post window...her coach wants it complex. Help.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  7. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    yeah I really do not wish to tread where another coach has already stipulated an approach..
    is disrespectful, and can not be a positive only a hindrance

    now -- to the GENERIC question of simple vs. complex in a finite approach like a prep, personally I would prefer to keep things all complex, with the most minimal amount of simple possible for the most part.....

    even this however has qualifications; ie, all carbs either fibrous or complex, but carbs are also being consumed thruout day and not just postWO timeframe ... if I was only eating one portion of carbs daily, and if I was having them in postWO timeframe, then yes I would actually opt for a mix of simple & complex, with even perhaps more than half of total coming from simple sources

    again depends on a lot of factors -- there is no "absolute" when discussing these things, as much depends on a great many interconnected factors that also would need to be considered, to make the best choice possible
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  8. Registered User
    chefbo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    va
    Posts
    1,133
    Rep Power
    424168

    Bulkmaster extreme. Steve you need to write a book on bulk prep. You could sell a million!
  9. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    Bulkmaster extreme. Steve you need to write a book on bulk prep. You could sell a million!
    I have heard this before - maybe I should



    all totals reached yesterday, came in 6530cals/910g carbs

    shooting for 6200cals/825g carbs today on off day, before taking things up tomorrow to ~6650cals/950g carbs

    awoke this morning a smidge under 213 ... wtf?
    even tho I am usually a pretty linear guy, and can control weight gain/loss proportionately pretty well, these weird blips always surprise me a bit .... couple shots of my calves here this morning, they just look pretty cool



    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  10. Registered User
    1ifeblood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,403
    Rep Power
    1584190

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I have heard this before - maybe I should

    all totals reached yesterday, came in 6530cals/910g carbs

    shooting for 6200cals/825g carbs today on off day, before taking things up tomorrow to ~6650cals/950g carbs

    awoke this morning a smidge under 213 ... wtf?
    even tho I am usually a pretty linear guy, and can control weight gain/loss proportionately pretty well, these weird blips always surprise me a bit .... couple shots of my calves here this morning, they just look pretty cool
    Why are you taking pictures of trees?
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
  11. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah I really do not wish to tread where another coach has already stipulated an approach..
    is disrespectful, and can not be a positive only a hindrance

    now -- to the GENERIC question of simple vs. complex in a finite approach like a prep, personally I would prefer to keep things all complex, with the most minimal amount of simple possible for the most part.....

    even this however has qualifications; ie, all carbs either fibrous or complex, but carbs are also being consumed thruout day and not just postWO timeframe ... if I was only eating one portion of carbs daily, and if I was having them in postWO timeframe, then yes I would actually opt for a mix of simple & complex, with even perhaps more than half of total coming from simple sources

    again depends on a lot of factors -- there is no "absolute" when discussing these things, as much depends on a great many interconnected factors that also would need to be considered, to make the best choice possible
    Really appreciate the feedback Hoss; this was my logic as well but didn't want to skew things amiss for her. I also think her total daily allotment of carbs is simply too low (40g after fiber accounted for) considering there are NO re-feeds programmed for the 7 wks. But what do I know?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  12. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Really appreciate the feedback Hoss; this was my logic as well but didn't want to skew things amiss for her. I also think her total daily allotment of carbs is simply too low (40g after fiber accounted for) considering there are NO re-feeds programmed for the 7 wks. But what do I know?
    yeah, that's crazy talk there
    strange how some structure prep protocols, sometimes....


    and - did I miss something somewhere? you are rep now?
    well congrats bro



    moving right along in my own gig here, killer chesticle session today -- I mean chest was just gimammoth
    (was so engorged, I had to come up with a new word just to describe it)
    standing in my kitchen afterwards, I put a plate on the top part of my upper chest, and it balanced there perfectly is how swole them orbs were.... okay I exaggerate slightly there, but you get the point

    6 sets abs

    flat BB bench
    5x12/10/8/8/8

    incline BB bench
    4x10/10/8/6

    incline flyes
    3x8

    7.5min warm/cool

    slowed pace a bit today, also moved hands around a bit (inward) on bar work, hit a slightly different angle..
    typically I will almost always work on upper chest first (ie incline work), but switched things up a tad today, used flat bench first in a sort of pre-exhaust mode..was hella nice session really

    cals were 6100 yesterday, carbs 825g
    today as planned, will shoot for 6650-6700 and 950g carbs
    getting to that 7k mark/1000g carbs slowly but surely!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  13. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    1098658

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

    Really appreciate the feedback Hoss; this was my logic as well but didn't want to skew things amiss for her. I also think her total daily allotment of carbs is simply too low (40g after fiber accounted for) considering there are NO re-feeds programmed for the 7 wks. But what do I know?

    I'm not a prep coach so I don't feel bad saying this.

    Dump this mother ****er.

    Run away. In the opposite direction. Very quickly. Never get prep help from him again.


    Have you ever heard of Layne Norton and metabolic damage?
    If your girlfriend doesn't leave this guy she'll be there.

    I'm saying this in the hopes you two will do something about this- this isn't a joke. That coach is going to drive her metabolism into the ground.

    Either a. Find a new coach
    Or b. Don't do the contest now.. Build her metabolism up slowly, then have her do a show

    Please, take this seriously. Act quickly, this isn't a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah, that's crazy talk there
    strange how some structure prep protocols, sometimes....

    moving right along in my own gig here, killer chesticle session today -- I mean chest was just gimammoth
    (was so engorged, I had to come up with a new word just to describe it)
    standing in my kitchen afterwards, I put a plate on the top part of my upper chest, and it balanced there perfectly is how swole them orbs were.... okay I exaggerate slightly there, but you get the point

    6 sets abs

    flat BB bench
    5x12/10/8/8/8

    incline BB bench
    4x10/10/8/6

    incline flyes
    3x8

    7.5min warm/cool

    slowed pace a bit today, also moved hands around a bit (inward) on bar work, hit a slightly different angle..
    typically I will almost always work on upper chest first (ie incline work), but switched things up a tad today, used flat bench first in a sort of pre-exhaust mode..was hella nice session really

    cals were 6100 yesterday, carbs 825g
    today as planned, will shoot for 6650-6700 and 950g carbs
    getting to that 7k mark/1000g carbs slowly but surely!

    Ok... Snags, I have to agree with the other guys now- that's a **** ton of carbs
  14. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    @ Ace: she's just a friend at work, but I was trying to explain that she's gonna blow back up as soon as she eats normal again - her body is gonna forget how to process carbs!
    @snagnormous: Thanks man, just got going with the Andro Factory gig. Should be some fun stuff coming in the near future hopefully! And I had a full chest day thursday that I felt similarly about - still sore this Sunday morning even. But boy I was feeling pumped: a good chest day is hard to beat.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  15. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    yeah i'm glad someone said that up there actually..good call ace

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Ok... Snags, I have to agree with the other guys now- that's a **** ton of carbs

    I am nearing the end of my capacity here, really don't think I can consume much more
    and I DEF cannot place any more around workout -- this remains my one meal (postWO meal) that is just difficult to choke down, coming on heels of preWO/postWO shakes

    postWO shake has grown a smidge tho, is now
    2 rice krispie treats
    2 rice cakes + 2 TBS brown rice syrup
    45g whey isolate
    ~90/50/5

    meal comes 1hr later, another 1000cals
    nothing else can be done there, period
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  16. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    All the rice cakes are blended into the isolate shake at home, correct? And I assume you're avoiding waxymaize/designer carb blends because they're not calorically dense enough?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  17. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    All the rice cakes are blended into the isolate shake at home, correct? And I assume you're avoiding waxymaize/designer carb blends because they're not calorically dense enough?
    nahh, tried that but because of the sticky brown rice syrup making mess, + the fact I like the syrup spread on the rice cakes better than just eating straight, I just maul the cakes while drinking shake concurrently... consume it all in less than 5min

    as for avoiding designer carbs - really wms is okay I spose, I've just never relied on these for my nutritional needs is all...with the increase in cal ingestion tho, can def see a use for them being handy
    the only thing i'll really avoid like the plague is malto, that sh1t sucks
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  18. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    recap on today's caloric endeavors:
    all totals reached - 6695cals, 945/475/120.5
    protein still just a tad high but really not a big deal, as fats were kept extra low (proportionately, ~16% of intake) in trade-off

    this meal for supper was really large, I mean the damn thing just would NOT disappear, seemed like I was shoveling food in my mouth forever .. was only 950cals too (120/75/21)



    a lil "before pic" of that fajita, prior to rolling it up



    was can of chicken breast+2oz ham+2oz mesquite turkey breast+pepperjack cheese+red bell pepper



    pic of some random dinner from the other day






    another week on-cycle, then we flip the diet a bit, lots of changes put in place in the makeover, and more ease/convenience of prep as well as different food options..ya'll have to wait to see what I got up my sleeve for this
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  19. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    1098658

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah i'm glad someone said that up there actually..good call ace
    I had to.

    I can't stand watching idiots **** their clients up. This girl is going to be in a world of hurt if she doesn't heed my warning
  20. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    well...first workout I have had in some time, where I actually struggled the entire time to make it thru..
    legs were just not feeling it today; did not let that stop me tho, willed myself thru

    7.5min light cardio warm

    leg extensions
    4x12/10/8/8

    box squats
    4x8

    DB lunges
    4x12/10/8/8

    3/4 position lying leg curls
    4x12

    BB RDL
    4x8

    standing calf raises off plate
    5x12/10/8/8/20

    7.5min cardio cool



    pic of a portion of my 1100cal breakfast this morning..
    1/2c steel-cut oats
    1 serving kashi go lean crunch+1 serving cinnamon life
    scoop muscle milk graham cracker flav
    100g banana
    1c almond milk



    yum
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  21. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    4,497
    Rep Power
    6785858

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I had to. I can't stand watching idiots **** their clients up. This girl is going to be in a world of hurt if she doesn't heed my warning
    There are more on this forum that can attest to this. Reverse dieting is not going to be easy at all on 40g carbs a day for 7+ weeks. On top of that, the plateau will come sooner than later, and at that point there's no room left to even manipulate carb intake. 40g? Where do you go from there if you need to subtract some? What a joke.
  22. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    There are more on this forum that can attest to this. Reverse dieting is not going to be easy at all on 40g carbs a day for 7+ weeks. On top of that, the plateau will come sooner than later, and at that point there's no room left to even manipulate carb intake. 40g? Where do you go from there if you need to subtract some? What a joke.
    It was literally 5 meals/day of 4-5oz lean protein + veggies, plus 1 scoop Isolyze pre-weight training & 1 scoop post w/ a sweet potato. Every single day, light or medium steady state cardio in the A.M., & every day weight training in the evening. What a dumb diet & split. NO offdays or refeeds. Gtfo of here, amirite?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  23. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    4,497
    Rep Power
    6785858

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    It was literally 5 meals/day of 4-5oz lean protein + veggies, plus 1 scoop Isolyze pre-weight training & 1 scoop post w/ a sweet potato. Every single day, light or medium steady state cardio in the A.M., & every day weight training in the evening. What a dumb diet & split. NO offdays or refeeds. Gtfo of here, amirite?
    All a recipe for a crushed metabolism. Ace hit the nail on the head.
  24. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,159
    Rep Power
    6628016

    Dafuq is kefir (saw it at the local grocery store).


    Thought about dropping milk, saw how expensive almond milk is, probably gonna continue buying milk......
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  25. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Dafuq is kefir (saw it at the local grocery store).....
    o'rly? what kind of store do YOU shop at, brah?

    1. Keifer

    Combination of Keif and reefer. Used among well informed potheads to refer to dank that gets its power from the the crystals/orange hairs/and fine resin particles (keif)that come off a kind bud. When smoked a very very intense high will ensue.

    Not to be confused with Keith, which is a really fat joint, though the term probably originated from people somehow misusing Keith for Keif.

    We smoked Keifer and then drove to Krystals for a bag of burgers.

    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  26. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    okay..actually, it's pretty nasty sh1t is what it is..i'll let you read about it

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  27. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,159
    Rep Power
    6628016

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    o'rly? what kind of store do YOU shop at, brah?
    Lol I shop at aldi.

    But, seriously. It's like some kind of milk product and I know literally nothing about it.

    I figured if anyone would it would be you though.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  28. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,159
    Rep Power
    6628016

    I actually didn't see anything all that bad in there...


    Looked it up some and it seems to be pretty good for you....
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  29. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I actually didn't see anything all that bad in there...


    Looked it up some and it seems to be pretty good for you....
    yeah I gave you a link to wiki above, thought you may have missed it tho..
    might look healthy for you, tastes like ass...also majority I see is cow milk, which (as you know) I do not touch -- but I would not do fermented goat milk or any other fermented milk for that matter, either




    all #s reached yesterday, totals came in
    6780cals, 965/470/123

    dinner was a 1125cal/175g carb monstrosity that was just ridiculous, almost couldn't finish it (included 1/2c basmati+1/2c potatoes+PB&jam on wheat toast); need to level out meals a tad and avoid this ginormous feeding at night
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  30. Registered User
    wasme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,580
    Rep Power
    4059796

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah I gave you a link to wiki above, thought you may have missed it tho..
    might look healthy for you, tastes like ass...also majority I see is cow milk, which (as you know) I do not touch -- but I would not do fermented goat milk or any other fermented milk for that matter, either

    all #s reached yesterday, totals came in
    6780cals, 965/470/123

    dinner was a 1125cal/175g carb monstrosity that was just ridiculous, almost couldn't finish it (included 1/2c basmati+1/2c potatoes+PB&jam on wheat toast); need to level out meals a tad and avoid this ginormous feeding at night
    Sorry if I missed it but is there a reason you do not drink cow milk? I either drink skim milk (fat free), or almonst milk (unsweetened).

    Those feedings are huge! How is your weight?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  31. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    1098658

    Most people don't tolerate it Well due to the lack of the enzyme lactase..

    Also, it makes me bloated as hell.

    It's not the best for your health either. I'd be interested to see what snags says
  32. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Sorry if I missed it but is there a reason you do not drink cow milk? I either drink skim milk (fat free), or almonst milk (unsweetened).

    Those feedings are huge! How is your weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Most people don't tolerate it Well due to the lack of the enzyme lactase..

    Also, it makes me bloated as hell.

    It's not the best for your health either. I'd be interested to see what snags says
    you nailed it pretty much ace..
    I figured out in my late 20s that I was allergic to milk -- this, after regularly drinking 1g to 1.5g milk daily the majority of my 20s
    as soon as I ceased, my skin cleared up, I was less phlegmy, less bloated/gaseous, could breathe better...just felt sooo much better overall

    then, I started studying food allergies and specifics of nutrients, learned some pretty amazing stuff about foods and how the majority of humans adapt to/develop allergies to some things that they previously had tolerated well up to a certain point in their lives -- milk the most obvious, but rice is another one that a great many ppl will develop allergies to at some point in life

    interesting stuff

    btw simon: almond milk is the way to go, great stuff

    weight is still hanging same range ~214 .. my metabolism has adapted to caloric ingestion once again (sigh)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  33. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    1098658

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

    you nailed it pretty much ace..
    I figured out in my late 20s that I was allergic to milk -- this, after regularly drinking 1g to 1.5g milk daily the majority of my 20s
    as soon as I ceased, my skin cleared up, I was less phlegmy, less bloated/gaseous, could breathe better...just felt sooo much better overall

    then, I started studying food allergies and specifics of nutrients, learned some pretty amazing stuff about foods and how the majority of humans adapt to/develop allergies to some things that they previously had tolerated well up to a certain point in their lives -- milk the most obvious, but rice is another one that a great many ppl will develop allergies to at some point in life

    interesting stuff

    btw simon: almond milk is the way to go, great stuff

    weight is still hanging same range ~214 .. my metabolism has adapted to caloric ingestion once again (sigh)
    Pretty shocked about rice.. I thought it was one of the most non allergenic foods out there
  34. Registered User
    iparatroop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    4,497
    Rep Power
    6785858

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Pretty shocked about rice.. I thought it was one of the most non allergenic foods out there
    Gonna make a guess and say this applies to enriched rice more so than it does to whole rice. I may be wrong, though.
  35. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Pretty shocked about rice.. I thought it was one of the most non allergenic foods out there
    surprised me too -- let me rephrase tho:
    while not extremely common (or among most common allergens), is still more prevalent than one would think..
    interesting stuff, how repeated/too much exposure over prolonged period can wreak havoc with some

    some other more common food allergens:
    •eggs
    •fish
    •milk
    •nuts from trees (including hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, and Brazil nuts)
    •peanuts (groundnuts)
    •shellfish (including shrimps, mussels, and crab)
    •soya
    •wheat
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  36. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    9777684

    decent shoulder session today, despite once again feeling a smidge bleh
    allergies have leveled off (actually broke down and picked up some OTC stuff for it), still get the random headache and itchy eyes tho..

    seated BB military press
    6x12/10/8/6/6/6

    face pulls w/ D-grip
    4x12/10/8/8

    lateral raises
    3x10

    BB upright rows
    3x10

    7.5min warm/cool

    I may just end up with 7k cals this day, and I am def shooting for 1000g carbs
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  37. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol I shop at aldi.
    Aldi is where it's at - no way I could afford to slam a lb of 93% ground beef on the daily. Or the amount of meat I eat in general, nvm the cost of fresh veggies/fruits & all the other staples.

    Their almond milk is cheap as it gets man. And they have lactose free skim & 2% if you want milk - just literally 2x the cost of normal milk. But I literally get none of the bloat/gas etc normal milk would give me.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  38. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    7237672

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

    Aldi is where it's at - no way I could afford to slam a lb of 93% ground beef on the daily. Or the amount of meat I eat in general, nvm the cost of fresh veggies/fruits & all the other staples.

    Their almond milk is cheap as it gets man. And they have lactose free skim & 2% if you want milk - just literally 2x the cost of normal milk. But I literally get none of the bloat/gas etc normal milk would give me.
    A lb of 96% lean is only 4 bucks here. ....
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  39. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    3421790

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    A lb of 96% lean is only 4 bucks here. ....
    93% is $4 in St. Louis...but no other store will you touch that cheap around here. Most would be closer to 6.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  40. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,159
    Rep Power
    6628016

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

    Aldi is where it's at - no way I could afford to slam a lb of 93% ground beef on the daily. Or the amount of meat I eat in general, nvm the cost of fresh veggies/fruits & all the other staples.

    Their almond milk is cheap as it gets man. And they have lactose free skim & 2% if you want milk - just literally 2x the cost of normal milk. But I literally get none of the bloat/gas etc normal milk would give me.
    Yeah, that's the issue is its literally twice the price.

    I don't have any major issues with lactose (probably some bloat but I'm not lean enough for it to matter) so I think I'll continue buying milk for $2 a gallon instead of almond milk for $2.79 a 1/2 gallon.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Let's get SHREDDED with Lean EFX Refined! 5 NEW loggers needed!
    By TheSwanks in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
  2. CountryLiftin gets mean and lean with Erase and Natadrol.
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 03:58 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in