1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree with this^^. If I stick to Tdee I respond with fat gain in the stomach area. Snags, keep or ditch Tdee?
    yeah I don't use any of those "calculations" for bmr or energy expenditure
    i'm very old-school, and intuitive - track my progress daily based on painstaking recording of all caloric/activity levels in past, so I have a guide that is for me and me alone
    to get going at first yrs ago, I did use generic guideline of 15-20cals/lb of lean bodyweight for gaining (mine came in ~20), and 12-15cals/lb of lean bodyweight for cutting (again mine was personalized ~14 or so)
    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    His opinion is biast being his bmr is naturally higher just from "being snags"
    :-)
    I do have a naturally high bmr, and good metabolism for sure
    lucky, I am - genetically blessed (but NOT a genetic freak, trust me)

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i'm very old-school, and intuitive - track my progress daily based on painstaking recording of all caloric/activity levels in past, so I have a guide that is for me and me alone
    to get going at first yrs ago, I did use generic guideline of 15-20cals/lb of lean bodyweight for gaining (mine came in ~20), and 12-15cals/lb of lean bodyweight for cutting (again mine was personalized ~14 or so)
    I second this^^^^^

Been doing this since my last show based of the my past year or so of eating (and talking with my new coach)

Calories are a lot lower than in the past. Fat gain is nearly non existent and I'm growing. My TDEE has me about 550 cals more/day than I am currently eating according to most calculators.

Decent reference point for some, far from accurate IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

ahahaaa...well man, these things are always relative of course
    on the overall picture, sure I agree with you, that really isn't all THAT many cals to be eating..
    comparatively speaking tho, when most around here are trying to improve bodycomp or lose weight (so gross excess caloric ingestion is not conducive to this), or when you compare the fact I just came out of bb'ing show prep and was down to ~2200-2300cals there for a minute a very short while ago --- then it DOES look like a lot of food, quite simply

remember tho: i'm still working on getting to 6kcals, which is still ~20% more food then I am eating here...
    now THAT is getting up there, no matter how you slice it
    Actually I am very surprised you bumped them up that fast after your show with minimal fat gain.

I do have a naturally high bmr, and good metabolism for sure
    lucky, I am - genetically blessed (but NOT a genetic freak, trust me)
    I'm the same way, although I don't write anything down I know where i'm at for the day and I adjust my macros as needed for weight loss /gain.

I'd recommend doing that over any kind of calculation.. Once you figure out where you need to be your body will respond well
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I really don't feel so bad about how I've been doing it over the last couple years now. I stopped tracking my calories & fats, & even my protein - I know that in off-time as long as I get at least 30g of p over 6-7 meals each day, I'll have enough to recover well/maintain, & I often eat far more than that (often 1.6g/lb of bw) even in off time. Carbs I've been paying much more attention to, but in general, I just listen to my body. If I'm getting fatter, I know no matter what I'm eating too much, too often, or too many carbs (or fat) at the wrong points in the day for me.

I know that's not remotely what Snags is actually doing here (it's 100x more intricate), but I'm saying that all the calculators in the world can't change what happens in real life, like Ken's finding out. If you're getting fatter or smaller against your will you need to pay attention & be intelligent/reactive.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Actually I am very surprised you bumped them up that fast after your show with minimal fat gain.
    yeah, was going along just fine....but tbh I really pushed the envelope with that cheaty free-eats window the other night, I mean yeah I filled out and looked like a slab of granite and all, but it wasn't quite as hard as I want to be staying, and I am still bloated here today a bit, and veins are just now starting to come back after going into hiding
    won't be doing anything outside the plan again -- but it was worthwhile to experiment, won't know unless you try it

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I'm saying that all the calculators in the world can't change what happens in real life, like Ken's finding out. If you're getting fatter or smaller against your will you need to pay attention & be intelligent/reactive.
    BOOM exactly
    intelligent & reactive, not continuing to bang your head against the wall cuz wonderful XYZ formula says this is what you should be doing
    too many just blindly follow such nonsense, simply because they don't know any better, or don't take the time to learn their own body
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

well..(ahem)..I know I was supposed to stay at same cal range this day, and I was on track - despite swapping a few things out here & there for other options to get some different variety in (got some good amounts of natty pb & almond butters in the mix), they were all apples-to-apples exchanges on cals and macros....and then, as I was preparing dinner #1, I noticed I had couple sweet potatoes I better get to eating soon before they go bad, so decided to toss a 7oz one in with that meal
    bottom line: 200cal increase this day, puts me just shy of 5400 for day
    totals: 5390cals, 685/410/111
    we move along; next up is breaking the 700g carb barrier

can't wait for tomorrow, plan to bake me up some sweet potato fries - looking forward to that!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%

plan to bake me up some sweet potato fries - looking forward to that!
    You'll hit 700 carbs easy with these made
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.59%

Eat big, lift big, sleep big?!?!?! Yep
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

You'll hit 700 carbs easy with these made
    couple small additions to first two feedings of the day here this morning will ensure I get over that amount also, will be over 5500cals for day too when all said and done
    I've adapted really well to the larger meals now - in fact, with the exception of one meal, none of them really fill me up any longer, leaves me hungry still
    the one meal that does fill me up is still a mofo getting thru, I mean I feel bloated to hell afterwards, is my postWO meal: typically i'm having a box of mac & cheese+can of tuna+scoop of isolate for this feeding, or i'll have 2/3 box of mac & cheese and fill in the remaining cals/carbs from another source (like potatoes or something)...note: of course I do not use the margarine/butter they call for on the box, nor do I use the milk; I will use 1/2 TBS of real butter, for either the box or the 2/3 serving I am eating, and just the water on the noodles, and dump the tuna in with it -- this keeps the fat lower (among lowest of any feeding for day) while cals on this meal are the highest or at least among the highest of any feeding for the day
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%

couple small additions to first two feedings of the day here this morning will ensure I get over that amount also, will be over 5500cals for day too when all said and done
    I've adapted really well to the larger meals now - in fact, with the exception of one meal, none of them really fill me up any longer, leaves me hungry still
    the one meal that does fill me up is still a mofo getting thru, I mean I feel bloated to hell afterwards, is my postWO meal: typically i'm having a box of mac & cheese+can of tuna+scoop of isolate for this feeding, or i'll have 2/3 box of mac & cheese and fill in the remaining cals/carbs from another source (like potatoes or something)...note: of course I do not use the margarine/butter they call for on the box, nor do I use the milk; I will use 1/2 TBS of real butter, for either the box or the 2/3 serving I am eating, and just the water on the noodles, and dump the tuna in with it -- this keeps the fat lower (among lowest of any feeding for day) while cals on this meal are the highest or at least among the highest of any feeding for the day
    I hear you there. My post workout leaves me feeling rough, although i'm hungry in an hour.

I too like to mix my carb sources.. For example yesterday I mashed some red skin potatoes and added a cup of rice and stirred it together.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

I hear you there. My post workout leaves me feeling rough, although i'm hungry in an hour.

I too like to mix my carb sources.. For example yesterday I mashed some red skin potatoes and added a cup of rice and stirred it together.
    same here after that big meal, get hungry again ~an hour later lol
    nice mix on the potatoes & rice - yeah I love mixing all sources, proteins esp but also carbs even fat sources -- balance and variety is good!
    I have some quinoa I think i'll bust out and try for postWO meal, usually like to have that with nice meat source/salad/etc (ie dinner), but maybe won't be quite as filling for me as the noodles
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%

same here after that big meal, get hungry again ~an hour later lol
    nice mix on the potatoes & rice - yeah I love mixing all sources, proteins esp but also carbs even fat sources -- balance and variety is good!
    I have some quinoa I think i'll bust out and try for postWO meal, usually like to have that with nice meat source/salad/etc (ie dinner), but maybe won't be quite as filling for me as the noodles
    I love quinoa
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

as it was written, so it came to pass..
    went away from the mac&cheese totally today; instead, went with

1/2c quinoa+1 can tuna+1 yellow bell pepper+1 slice pineapple
    1.5c raisin bran+1c almond milk+1 scoop isolate
    ~950cals, 145/70/15

seemed to go down a little better, tho it was mostly the cereal responsible for this I think (I can maul cereal endlessly, no joke)
    quinoa started filling me up tho, still wasn't as bad as the mac&cheese was
    nice mix here, may do this for awhile

heyyy, i'm getting kinda big these days..small sneak peek as I hide under this shirt

weight ~207 upon rising today
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I can maul cereal endlessly, no joke

heyyy, i'm getting kinda big these days..small sneak peek as I hide under this shirt
    At times, cereal feels like the enemy to me. If I buy a box of miniwheets/raisin bran, it is gone in a sitting... not good lol

Looking big and full my friend...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

indeed simon - gotta keep an eye out when cereal is around (especially 42 boxes of it LOL)

here's a bit more representative pic from today, and revealing..you can see by my lower back, I am holding little to no fat down there, in fact could still pop the Christmas tree if I were to pose the right way....very happy with progression!

16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Oh! We got a smirk in the picture! Try showing some teeth next time big homie
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Oh! We got a smirk in the picture! Try showing some teeth next time big homie
    choppers coming up next pic, just for you sir
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

indeed simon - gotta keep an eye out when cereal is around (especially 42 boxes of it LOL)

here's a bit more representative pic from today, and revealing..you can see by my lower back, I am holding little to no fat down there, in fact could still pop the Christmas tree if I were to pose the right way....very happy with progression!
    Looking massive there snags! Huge, full and still lean as ****! Nice work
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Looking massive there snags! Huge, full and still lean as ****! Nice work
    thanks mate -- feelin great!
    nice & clean too, fresh outta the shower there in that pic

check out tonight's dinner #2...yum

main meal/meat portion: 5oz 96% lean beef+2oz mesquite turkey breast deli slices,
    sandwiching 1 TBS BBQ sauce mix, and nestled under 2 slices of pineapple
    1 can albacore tuna+salsa
    salad/dressing/croutons
    1.5 servings (128g) sweet potato fries+3 white cheddar rice cakes
    ~910cals, 110/70/22.5

and made all my totals today, after bedtime shake is consumed in awhile here....barely, but still made it!
    5520cals, 715/420/114

off day tomorrow, we'll back the pre/postWO shakes out (~725cals total) and add some cals here & there to other meals
    should be ~5k cals total on off day

speaking of my postWO shake:
    new format, as we increase the cals overall so too has this increased and been modified, is now 1 rice krispy treat (180cals/only 3g fat)+2 plain rice cakes, each covered with 1 TBS brown rice syrup; also 1 scoop isolate (30g protein/1g fat)
    totals 490cals, 75/35/4

the only feeding that has not changed at all up to now but will be next in line to, is preWO shake...going to 1.5 scoops glycomaize next training day instead of 1 scoop (so will be ~52g carbs total), will remain 1 scoop 20g protein isolate however
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

So much manipulating!

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

So much manipulating!
    got to mang!
    when you're working your way up the caloric ladder and not just jumping into the fire, you have to be a bit strategic to hit everything/all totals in proper fashion along the way, the way you want to hit them...and of course, as things evolve, you figure out better & more efficient ways to do things, so change can occur just from that aspect

I enjoy this tho! keeps my analytical mind occupied (I would say "anal mind", but I am aware of whom I am talking to here).....
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%

got to mang!
    when you're working your way up the caloric ladder and not just jumping into the fire, you have to be a bit strategic to hit everything/all totals in proper fashion along the way, the way you want to hit them...and of course, as things evolve, you figure out better & more efficient ways to do things, so change can occur just from that aspect

I enjoy this tho! keeps my analytical mind occupied (I would say "anal mind", but I am aware of whom I am talking to here).....
    How bout you analyze my last back pic in my thread sir

23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The guy is a genius with this stuff. There really is a science to it all, isn't there.
    FINAFLEX REP
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    The guy is a genius with this stuff. There really is a science to it all, isn't there.
    Use that "S" word again and I will throw a rock at you

25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.29%

How bout you analyze my backside in my thread sir
    ..Hmmmm
    FINAFLEX REP
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.29%

Use that "S" word again and I will throw a rock at you
    LMAO... totally forgot about your love for bunsen burners and beakers... Sorry buddy.
    FINAFLEX REP
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

^^ lol, the anti-Xcience crew up there

How bout you analyze my last back pic in my thread sir
    be right there

well there is, really - at least, it works for me
    failure to plan, is planning to fail...I will never be accused of not having a plan
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.62%

got to mang!

Whaaa??
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%

Back is looking thick/dense, snags
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

208 upon rising this morning gents!

calculated totals/menu planned for today, will come in ~5065cals, 640/390/114

coming into the last 2 weeks of this extended cycle, looking to finish up strong and carry it over to PCT...really enjoying this tren/hexadrone combo, seems to work extremely well together, staying pretty dry and really no waterweight at any time other than when I had my one foray into crap eating the other night; because these are both non-methylated, has allowed me to drop TUDCA to 250mg/day as well
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.05%

setting the standard Steve!
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.56%

208 upon rising this morning gents!

calculated totals/menu planned for today, will come in ~5065cals, 640/390/114

coming into the last 2 weeks of this extended cycle, looking to finish up strong and carry it over to PCT...really enjoying this tren/hexadrone combo, seems to work extremely well together, staying pretty dry and really no waterweight at any time other than when I had my one foray into crap eating the other night; because these are both non-methylated, has allowed me to drop TUDCA to 250mg/day as well
    Gaining weight fast.....

Said it before.....Snags aka das Freak
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    Whaaa??
    what? you don't know about monte Freak-O brah?
    keep your eye on that one

Back is looking thick/dense, snags
    Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    setting the standard Steve!
    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Gaining weight fast.....

Said it before.....Snags aka das Freak
    thanks gents - very happy with everything right now, even the ease with which I am packing up the remainder of my house!

couple meals lately - inc dinner #2 tonight, which was this:

128g sweet potato fries+1/2c black beans+1/4c potatoes
    garlic & herb tuna+albacore tuna & salsa+2oz honey smoked turkey breast
    2 slices pineapple
    romaine salad+honey mustard dressing+croutons
    ~900cals, 115/65/24

this was lunch earlier:

2oz white turkey slices+2oz mesquite turkey breast+2oz ham, on
    2 slices wheat+1 slice pepperjack cheese+bell pepper
    7oz sweet potato
    for dessert - 1 serving cinnamon life cereal+1 serving regular life+1 scoop whey+1c almond milk (mmmm)
    975cals, 135/65/16.5
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.62%

what? you don't know about monte Freak-O brah?
    keep your eye on that one
    Oh, I thought you were taking about...... someone else.
    Where it all started

35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

for montego

for everyone else

36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.56%

for montego

for everyone else
    Last pic (side chest), you have the Jay Cutler look on your face

Looking great !!!!
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.29%

Awesome update pics... you should've given us the Montego puppy dogs eyes though lol
    FINAFLEX REP
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Last pic (side chest), you have the Jay Cutler look on your face

Looking great !!!!
    I feel so.. large....
    can still see my abs tho, which is kind of a prerequisite of this whole gig

Awesome update pics... you should've given us the Montego puppy dogs eyes though lol
    teeth do not go with the puppy dog look
    that may have come off a lil bit psychotic

cals will be bumped to ~5700-5800 today, increase coming from all carbs (and trace fats in those carbs)
    now we're starting to get cracking
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.62%

I feel so.. large....
    You ARE feeling pretty large actually.
    Where it all started

40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.62%

Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

You ARE feeling pretty large actually.
    Darn my auto correct... that was supposed to say "looking large"... really.
    Where it all started

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's get SHREDDED with Lean EFX Refined! 5 NEW loggers needed!
    By TheSwanks in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
  2. CountryLiftin gets mean and lean with Erase and Natadrol.
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 11:09 PM