Soldier's Redefine Yourself Contest Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Soldier's Redefine Yourself Contest Log

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Arms Day:

Skullcrushers Superset with close grip presses:
    65x10 (both lifts got same numbers)
    65x10
    65x10

Tricep kickbacks:
    25x12
    25x12
    25x12

Overhead Tricep Extensions:
    3 sets of 15

Standing bicep curls:
    40x8
    40x8
    40x8

Hammercurls:
    35x10
    35x10
    35x10

Isolated dumbbell curls:
    35x10
    35x10
    35x10

Ez curls:
    Burnout set: 25x55lbs

Forearm wrist curls with the ez curl bar:
    55x25
    55x25
    55x22

Side wrist turns with dumbbells:
    25x10
    25x10
    25x10
    Superset with rolling the wrists outwards:
    25x15
    25x15
    25x15

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

dayum man - 28 working sets for arm day eh? you go bro
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Been pushing my arms, got decent arms but a thick body so I've been trying to catch them up, proportion wise ya know? Did feel like a long lift for sure haha. In the past few months I really shaped em and got them more defined so I'm happy about that. I got a wide waiste tho too
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    Been pushing my arms, got decent arms but a thick body so I've been trying to catch them up, proportion wise ya know? Did feel like a long lift for sure haha. In the past few months I really shaped em and got them more defined so I'm happy about that. I got a wide waiste tho too
    Not to be an A-hole, but why don't you go to failure? Pump is fun, but taking your arms past failure will make em grow.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Not to be an A-hole, but why don't you go to failure? Pump is fun, but taking your arms past failure will make em grow.
    You jerk!

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

You jerk!
    Honesty goes a long way
    Olympus labs Rep
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Will you be my Freak Forever???????
    Will YOU be "Freaky Forever" with me???

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

O.o! Haha yeah I did a burnout set of 25 with the ez curl. Guess I could of done more burnout sets till the end.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

At work till 8 tonight, gonna kill shoulders later! Last usage of max pump tonight =\ gotta start getting a little tan goin, I'm Irish White status! Have off Friday and Saturday, gonna lay out by the pool all day and do some swimming.

Also... Water only for now on and no more coffee creamer. Been drinking a lot of liquids because it's so damn hot everyday. Gotta make some changes.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

A-hole!
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

BOOM! failure, FTW

O.o! Haha yeah I did a burnout set of 25 with the ez curl. Guess I could of done more burnout sets till the end.
    failure does not mean set of 25 reps with the ez bar...
    it means taking each working set to failure, thruout the training
    utilizing weight you can hit, for max reps, in 8-12 range (for growth)
    does NOT mean drop the weight, and rep out till you feel a lil burn

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    A-hole!
    stole my line
  12. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    dayum man - 28 working sets for arm day eh? you go bro
    I was just thinking that! Talk about volume! A man after my own heart.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

I think I've been effectively wreckin my muscle fibers so far. Are you saying go to failure every set? Or maybe every lift.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Are you saying go to failure every set?
    you heard me correctly

Training To Failure:
    Pushing It To The Limit!

The key to building massive, powerful muscles is to doggedly increase the training weights you use. But it is only good to increase training poundages if you do so in perfect form. There is a direct correlation between the weight and form.
    Caution! You may find your muscles getting huge, full, developed and striated to the max! Don't worry, this is a normal side effect of integrating the Training to Failure Principle into your workout. Just remember to lift with the right weight using strict form and always lift smart for the greatest gains, while avoiding injuries!

What is training to failure?

When beads of salty sweat dripping from your forehead are stinging your eyes like acid rain on the scorched earth, as your veins bulge out of your arms and your whole body tenses with complete muscle contraction, just so that you can barely get your last complete rep up in strict form, that's training to failure.
    Let's go back to the beginning of this barbell preacher curls set. Your mind is set on lifting the weight before you with blazing eyes, nothing can stop your relentless determination, and you're giving every rep of every set everything your body can muster as if your life depended on it. Your focus is beyond comparison. Even that hot girl doing squats in the corner can't distract or deter you from your mission; in fact, she just adds fuel to the fire. You're hell-bent on putting every ounce of energy into this set until your blasted arms can't do another rep. Instead every muscle in your body is brought into one incredible sensation of focus and concentration toward the barbell in your clenched hands. The weight doesn't stand a chance. You continue grinding out another repetition with strict, perfect form in a continuously tensed arc towards a point just below your chin before slowly lowering the weight back down. The assault on your bulging biceps continues with painstaking consistency. Knowing the mass you add to your lower biceps is worth it, you continue to endure the intensity you've created for yourself, cranking out rep after bloody rep until finally your fatigued arms have nothing more to give in strict form under the stress. That's the last possible rep you're able to perform without getting help. You've successfully trained your biceps to failure on that set! Now, just a couple of minutes rest or so before you add weight and get ready to do it all over again!

Avoiding Overtraining and Why train to failure?

Many bodybuilders train to failure on each set of their workout, simply because of the amount of intensity it forces out of them. This method of training causes the muscles to respond incredibly well for amazing gains and increased muscle. As long as they are training with strict movements and good form, the risk of injury is minimized, while great strides in muscle mass and strength are gained. Pushing it to the max means you can't get another rep in strict form. When you reach this point, you've trained to failure and you're done with that set. This is the point where it's critical to STOP. Pushing out reps after reaching this failure point can cause micro tears in the muscle fibers and add up to overtraining and injuries. The goal with the Training to Failure Principle is not to overtrain, rather to train to the limit and then stop. This means don't go to 110% of failure or even 100% of failure. Aim for 90-95% muscle failure. Your best guide is your form. Once your form starts slipping, diminishing into cheating or forced reps you are done, but as long as you can crank out another quality rep do it. After a period of recovery time (2-5 minutes), the body will be ready for your next set to be lifted in strict form to failure again. That's the philosophy. You can use it to your advantage along with anabolic supplements, which will allow you to get the most out of your workouts; giving your body the right nutrients and building blocks it needs to recover quickly and grow as fast as safely possible!

Experienced bodybuilder train to failure program:

A typical upper-body set for an experienced bodybuilder
    Set One: Warm up with a light weight to get the blood flowing and loosen up the muscles of that group. Perform 15 or so reps with good form.

Set Two: Up the weight to reap muscle failure at 10 to 12 reps.

Set Three: Up the weight again to push the muscles to fail at 8 to 10 reps.

Set Four: Again, stack on some more weight for your POWER SET. Use perfect form and try and crank out six good reps before your muscles fail.

Set Five: This is optional. Keep the weight the same as the power set and get as many as you can (hopefully another six reps). Only add this into the workout after you've done it for awhile and you're ready to increase the intensity another notch for certain or all exercises.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Chest Day with some core:

Flat bench press:
    140x10
    210x5
    230x3(pr)
    190x8
    190x8
    140x15
    140x12

Incline dumbbell press:
    40x12
    40x15
    40x12

Dumbbell chest flyes superset with chest presses:
    30x12 flyes ss 10 presses

Decline Pushups:
    4 sets of 15

Decline ab curls:
    Bw x 15
    25x10
    25x10
    Bw x 15

Ab wheel of death:
    3 sets of 10(I like these but the form feels tricky)

Well this is the first time I ever tried 230 on the bench press and I got it somehow which was really fun. About time I passed 220-225, which has been my ONE rep max for about 2 years. I brought my weight on the bench all the way down a few months ago and switched to a wider grip. After months of working on form and adding weight back on, it worked! I'd like to thank Kleen for the tip which he gave me months ago.

This log isn't about breaking prs but it's still nice to do and is a nice confidence boost. Really can't wait to try out my 1-Andro and Creatrona lean bulk cycle! Never tried a standalone creatine or a strength ph before so I'm very interested.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good workout Soldier and congratz on the personal record
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    Good workout Soldier and congratz on the personal record
    Thanks man, I see you and the wifey eating like kings and queens over there!
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Feelin lean and mean. Still a lot more work for me!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130724_115316.png
Views: 28
Size:  588.0 KB
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Nice PR bro....feels good , doesn't it

You're going to love the 1-andro!!!
    Olympus labs Rep
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Nice PR bro....feels good , doesn't it

You're going to love the 1-andro!!!
    I've been staring at it every day I walk into my room o.o! Probably going to get 1-alpha as well for a longer cycle
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

1-alpha gives me big time strength gain.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    1-alpha gives me big time strength gain.
    1-alpha seems to give me more strenght gains, and 1-andro some more size.
    Loving both.

I think snags and mr kleen are combining 1-alpha and 1-andro.
    Best of both
    Olympus labs Rep
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

1-alpha seems to give me more strenght gains, and 1-andro some more size.
    Loving both.

Best of both
    Yah that's interesting...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Best of both
    a lil less of the bloat potential from by using the two in combination (not that there is much from the andro, but understand we are taking things to another level here)..quicker action from the alpha..together, more active of the base compound = serious heightened response/efficacy

25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

a lil less of the bloat potential from by using the two in combination (not that there is much from the andro, but understand we are taking things to another level here)..quicker action from the alpha..together, more active of the base compound = serious heightened response/efficacy

So you find there is a bit of bloat from the 1-alpha ? That would explain a lot as I dropped a lot of water when I stopped using the DMZ and 1-alpha, was wondering if it was the DMZ that had me holding a bit of water.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

So you find there is a bit of bloat from the 1-alpha ? That would explain a lot as I dropped a lot of water when I stopped using the DMZ and 1-alpha, was wondering if it was the DMZ that had me holding a bit of water.
    I get more of a bloat on 1-andro, not so much on 1-alpha.
    Think your bloat was probably caused by the DMZ.
    Olympus labs Rep
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I get more of a bloat on 1-andro, not so much on 1-alpha.
    Think your bloat was probably caused by the DMZ.
    right..

no doug, please re-read
    altho there is some potential for bloat on either one (albeit very little), this would be more indicative to andro, rather than alpha
    you should not bloat on alpha, at all

now don't misunderstand this and run around stating the difference between the two is you will bloat on 1-andro..
    that is simply not true for majority, and would be dose-dependent probably -- and still, a very low chance of occurring..just less with 1-alpha
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

right..

no doug, please re-read
    altho there is some potential for bloat on either one (albeit very little), this would be more indicative to andro, rather than alpha

now don't misunderstand this and run around stating the difference between the two is you will bloat on 1-andro..
    that is simply not true for majority, and would be dose-dependent probably -- and still, a very low chance of occurring
    I do use a little more than recommended

5 caps of 1-andro. (would not recommend so much for less experienced users ofcourse)
    Olympus labs Rep
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

right..

no doug, please re-read

that is simply not true for majority, and would be dose-dependent probably -- and still, a very low chance of occurring..just less with 1-alpha
    So it must have been the DMZ, I was really surprised at how much water I dropped but pleased to see I was more cut than I thought. Not a ton do weight 1.5 lbs but I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Yah I read that before but forgot, old fuggers do that.. more and more as time goes on.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

So it must have been the DMZ, I was really surprised at how much water I dropped but pleased to see I was more cut than I thought. Not a ton do weight 1.5 lbs but I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Yah I read that before but forgot, old fuggers do that.. more and more as time goes on.
    doug tbh here - doubt it was the dmz, the andro or anything else but...your diet
    period
    you can do the driest compounds on the market..to no avail, if you are eating like shyte
    I wish you would get this
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

When the time comes ill ask you guys about dosages and length of the cycle but definitely gonna try to start 1-andro and switch over to 1-alpha. Gonna get Achilles for joint support and an on cycle support(if necessary) so let me know what you guys think!
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

yeah no support required, for these products
    can do if you wish, totally your choice
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

doug tbh here - doubt it was the dmz, the andro or anything else but...your diet
    period
    you can do the driest compounds on the market..to no avail, if you are eating like shyte
    I wish you would get this
    My diet was right on the mark, or what we planned could be the higher carb days did this but diet did not change much when I lost the water. Would lowering carbs around 25 grams a day do that cuz it happened kind of suddenly, and it was the day after I stopped using DMZ. You keep getting the impression I made bad gains during this period but my pics will show that I didn't. I am leaner now at 204 than I was at 195 when I started. I did not eat like shyte you know that you saw my diet and it was exactly as we layed out.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

My diet was right on the mark, or what we planned could be the higher carb days did this but diet did not change much when I lost the water. Would lowering carbs around 25 grams a day do that cuz it happened kind of suddenly, and it was the day after I stopped using DMZ. You keep getting the impression I made bad gains during this period but my pics will show that I didn't. I am leaner now at 204 than I was at 195 when I started. I did not eat like shyte you know that you saw my diet and it was exactly as we layed out.
    doug - all we spoke of was generalized macro split/cal intake..you have to adjust for your own metabolism..and, macros alone simply do not tell whole story -- micros are just as important
    you can be eating within good macro/cal splits, but choosing wrong foods, so you will still have these "water" issues you continually speak of
    if you don't feel diet qas problem....okay; simply observation on my end
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

doug - all we spoke of was generalized macro split/cal intake..you have to adjust for your own metabolism..and, macros alone simply do not tell whole story -- micros are just as important
    you can be eating within good macro/cal splits, but choosing wrong foods, so you will still have these "water" issues you continually speak of
    if you don't feel diet qas problem....okay; simply observation on my end
    My food choices were good but perhaps not perfect perhaps. You know... all that matters is the water is gone now and I'm looking good. My understanding of diet is not at your level I know that. For instance I ate quite a bit of rice which may not be as good as yams but didn't want to be eating yams all the time as I had some fairly high carbs days. I get what you're saying and I am going to revisit my diet. Do you think par boiled rice an ok choice right now or should I be converting to mostly all yams at this point. That is really the only thing that I was wondering about while planning this next phase. Oh I will post this in my thread ...sorry for the hi-jack
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Been on spot with lifting lately. Killed arms today with my brother, good lift. Some Iron Brotherhood shot right there. Been busy at work but I've been fixing my sleep schedule and getting more sleep. Gonna enjoy g8, I rly have sleep issues I take melatonin at night.

Doing good, no more pics for a while!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Okay so I did upload some pics.. o.o

I've never seen my core like this before. The shaping of it is really coming to the point where I am very happy with it. The problem is my lower stomach or little keg that I have. It is a very stubborn area that I've had ovrr the last 4 years. Never rly been fat since I wrestled but I've always had this tiny gut. Like most people, I want to get rid of it. Being honest with myself, I know this small gut is 95% diet. Hopefully as px black fully kicks in for results I can see this shrink up.
    Name:  ForumRunner_20130726_221815.png
Views: 26
Size:  622.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130726_221839.png
Views: 32
Size:  645.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Doing good, no more pics for a while!
    Okay so I did upload some pics.. o.o
    I think you even broke my record for "no-more-pics then turnaround & post" time
    yep, I see some progress, very notable in the first places it starts to become apparent (shrinking of spare tire)
    to totally eliminate yes will be quality intake, caloric deficit, consistency and -- time
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

I think you even broke my record for "no-more-pics then turnaround & post" time
    yep, I see some progress, very notable in the first places it starts to become apparent (shrinking of spare tire)
    to totally eliminate yes will be quality intake, caloric deficit, consistency and -- time
    Thanks man.. I've had it pretty much my entire life, definitely diet though. Even when I do all these lifts and measures to shape my core, I can't rid this stubborn fat haha. It isn't anything drastic but it's always been there ya know? In time..
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Thanks man.. I've had it pretty much my entire life, definitely diet though. Even when I do all these lifts and measures to shape my core, I can't rid this stubborn fat haha. It isn't anything drastic but it's always been there ya know? In time..
    "Abs are made in the kitchen", you ever heard that before? It's true. For a male, where you store your fat, first and foremost, is normally your "spare tire". I've been working on mine since February. It's a long road to travel.

Here's what I notice. You have broad shoulders. You have a good base, a solid foundation. I have also seen pics of your dietary choices. I'd recommend being more selective in the meat department, possibly seeking out lower fat content. Not sure if you're still putting granola bars in your face, but I'd drop those too. Water, and lots of it. No more drinking until you know your diet is on point, and even then there's no reason for it to be a habit. Although PXB is an amazing supplement and will provide you with appetite suppression, don't forget to eat. You have to eat to burn.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Xtreme - MASS FX + HYPERDROL **Contest** Log!
    By \_JIMBO_/ in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
  2. TMAC's Triple Threat *CONTEST* Log
    By tmac0280 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
  3. TEKNO3 Thermolife **Contest** Log........Jdub
    By Jdub in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 06:56 PM
  4. AX's Stimulant X **contest log** by cdc