Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8

Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals

Page 8 of 42 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    mmm maybe 7% range
    they are popping already - that front shot is a relaxed ab pose, lifting my lats by pushing up rib cage..
    you cannot do that pose and flex down on abs at same time
    veins tho - i need to get leaner than that for them to start showing all over

get to superbeastin bro!
    Got it. I figured as much about the front pose. I wasn't trying to say they weren't popping already Arms are looking vascular as hell though!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Arms always look vascular as hell before everything....not to take anything away snags! Idk why you feel you need so much more arm work in proportion to other parts. I think they're looking like cannons from the pics you've posted man.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

appreciated guys
    and Hyde - yeah i'm done focusing on the arms, they blow up pretty decent..just gotta maintain now
    it is time to turn attention to the legs - hard to keep size on these guys when i'm running around playing tennis
    but - i got a plan
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

appreciated guys
    and Hyde - yeah i'm done focusing on the arms, they blow up pretty decent..just gotta maintain now
    it is time to turn attention to the legs - hard to keep size on these guys when i'm running around playing tennis
    but - i got a plan
    Yeah man you're looking solid, how far out are you?

I agree with focusing on your legs.
    Not saying yours are small, they look good, but everyone can always use bigger legs, especially on a big stage.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Steve all you need to do is get shredded your proportion is spot on. That's how I see it anyhow.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

dreamweaver inspiring half the forum on this..
    figured i'd jump on the bandwagon, need me some big blocky abs for my show
    let's see what happens

It fuggin works and you will be able to pick it up fast as you are not as tall as me and have a very strong core with good overall conditioning. It's a big time saver too. I do 1 set twice a week to failure. 3 minutes a week tops.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Yeah man you're looking solid, how far out are you?

I agree with focusing on your legs.
    Not saying yours are small, they look good, but everyone can always use bigger legs, especially on a big stage.
    ~11.5 weeks
    legs were one time my weak point..worked hard and made them my strong point for awhile, until injuries kicked me back down the slide past few yrs (calf tear/meniscus issues/Achilles fraying)..
    was on way to getting them back in decent shape when the hems hit
    i won't have enough time to really get these things huge, but some size will be added and they will be diced, i promise

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    It fuggin works and you will be able to pick it up fast as you are not as tall as me and have a very strong core with good overall conditioning. It's a big time saver too. I do 1 set twice a week to failure. 3 minutes a week tops.
    3min?
    whoa..well i'm anxious to roll em out, checking them today
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

~11.5 weeks
    legs were one time my weak point..worked hard and made them my strong point for awhile, until injuries kicked me back down the slide past few yrs (calf tear/meniscus issues/Achilles fraying)..
    was on way to getting them back in decent shape when the hems hit
    i won't have enough time to really get these things huge, but some size will be added and they will be diced, i promise

3min?
    whoa..well i'm anxious to roll em out, checking them today
    Yep des so much damage in a short time that large volume work is not needed.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

I did the wheel of death my self today!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I did the wheel of death my self today!
    was interesting..dint really feel too hard, 3x20, but abs were popping nicely after - actually led off session with these to assess..i think they will certainly be a valuable addition to the fray

after training pumpage

chest/shoulders/abs
    flat BB bench
    incline BB bench
    incline DB flyes
    seated front BB press
    seated military
    standing laterals

cooldown
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Hyuuuge

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Hyuuuge
    This
    Purus labs Rep
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I've done 20 maybe once....right now I am having trouble just getting past 10....
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

thought i'd throw a smile out to the AM forum members..

I've done 20 maybe once....right now I am having trouble just getting past 10....
    really? that surprises me..maybe i'm not doing them right - hell I can even do them from standing position
    (that one IS a lil tougher tho)
    feel it in my lats a lot tho as I keep them tight and focus on the ab region
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

I'm the same. I did 2x10 today
    Purus labs Rep
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

These were tufff for me when I fiirst started them. Now they don't really do much. Weighted ab training here on out.

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice vascularity in general. Those ab wheels were my nightmare back in the day, maybe I should pull it back out and dust it off. Would be interesting.
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thx for the shirt Steve.

I noticed its a diff manufacturer and material?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Looking huge man. Do you always do that much pressing??
    Would destroy my rotators.

Also, do you do any upper back work inbetween sets of presses?
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    Thx for the shirt Steve.

I noticed its a diff manufacturer and material?
    not sure what you got chris
    is prolly different material tho yes

Looking huge man. Do you always do that much pressing??
    Would destroy my rotators.

Also, do you do any upper back work inbetween sets of presses?
    I have pretty much indestructible shoulders, srs..
    strength and flexibility are on point here..pressing movements in general I hold my own on

I rarely do shoulders/chest same day - it is simply my set competition routine for now, because everything flows so well of the set-up for me

as for upper back work between presses, have before sure, when I get into ss'ing and giant-setting..may even pull off some doubles..i change things up quite frequently, but not quite so much during prep - what's worked before i'll use again
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

not sure what you got chris
    is prolly different material tho yes

I have pretty much indestructible shoulders, srs..
    strength and flexibility are on point here..pressing movements in general I hold my own on

I rarely do shoulders/chest same day - it is simply my set competition routine for now, because everything flows so well of the set-up for me

as for upper back work between presses, have before sure, when I get into ss'ing and giant-setting..may even pull off some doubles..i change things up quite frequently, but not quite so much during prep - what's worked before i'll use again
    Cool, just asking.

I feel much stronger when doing some back movement inbetween presses. Makes my shoulders much more stable and makes me much stronger
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Cool, just asking.

I feel much stronger when doing some back movement inbetween presses. Makes my shoulders much more stable and makes me much stronger
    the chest/back supersets are some of my favs
    i'll do a bit of that in this prep..the speed I like to go at tho, I don't get stronger I get bushed!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

the chest/back supersets are some of my favs
    i'll do a bit of that in this prep..the speed I like to go at tho, I don't get stronger I get bushed!
    Yeah I admit you need to add in a little more rest than usual but it is brutal and leaves me feeling like king Kong.. I love it
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

really? that surprises me..maybe i'm not doing them right - hell I can even do them from standing position
    You're doing it right, I'd wager. You just feel it in your core as you extend & then use it to snap you back. Core strength varies wildly, especially with the rollout. But there's a lot of really famous powerlifters that put a lot of stock in it. When I first started doing them last time I was doing Wendler's 5/3/1 he called for 5 sets of 10-20 reps...it was hell on earth to get 5x10, long rests inbetween & had to ask God to help me please not be such a whiny pansy...within a few months I was gettin 5x15 in 2/3 the time, & now I can do sets of 20 even easier (and I don't practice it routinely anymore).

They deliver a sick ab pump after a few sets to/near failure & can be thrown in whenever. I've seen guys load 45 plates on their back or wear weight vests too if you need more resistance.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You're doing it right, I'd wager. You just feel it in your core as you extend & then use it to snap you back. Core strength varies wildly, especially with the rollout. But there's a lot of really famous powerlifters that put a lot of stock in it. When I first started doing them last time I was doing Wendler's 5/3/1 he called for 5 sets of 10-20 reps...it was hell on earth to get 5x10, long rests inbetween & had to ask God to help me please not be such a whiny pansy...within a few months I was gettin 5x15 in 2/3 the time, & now I can do sets of 20 even easier (and I don't practice it routinely anymore).

They deliver a sick ab pump after a few sets to/near failure & can be thrown in whenever. I've seen guys load 45 plates on their back or wear weight vests too if you need more resistance.
    yeah I have pretty decent core strength - just no blocky abs, not genetically blessed there so I've always thought
    obliques tho, those are whole nother issue, they look pretty good

looks like I did em like I was supposed too - wasn't brain surgery, and I always keep my abs tightened and focus mind/muscle whenever I do abs anyway..never let my stomach hit the floor on this

I think i'm ready for the advanced movements this guy is talking about lol
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

thought i'd throw a smile out to the AM forum members..

oh I only do them standing... Yah get to the standing as fast as possible that's where the work is, I have done as many as 20 standing. If you can do them standing then that's the way you should be doing them.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

ooooh, I see DW
    found a fairly decent series of instructional vids showing direct core work, 5-part series that starts with basic planks and progresses to standing ab roller at end..this is part 5

will give these a try next time
    I will say this - still don't feel them much this morning, but the abs are definitely looking different and a bit blocky here, after one session
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

ooooh, I see DW
    found a fairly decent series of instructional vids showing direct core work, 5-part series that starts with basic planks and progresses to standing ab roller at end..this is part 5

will give these a try next time
    I will say this - still don't feel them much this morning, but the abs are definitely looking different and a bit blocky here, after one session
    Wait till you give step 5 a try it is at least 10 times more effective. I can see it right away when I do them.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

He's hitting the ground on some of his reps, I only come close hitting the ground the rep shouldn't count at it gives you a brief rest.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

He's hitting the ground on some of his reps, I only come close hitting the ground the rep shouldn't count at it gives you a brief rest.
    yeah I saw that
    went thru all the vids to to check them out..they were pretty decent in structure, nice progressive approach
    that last one tho touching ground, is only thing I didn't like
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

heavy leg day

7min light cardio warm/2 sets BB squat warm, then
    4x15-6 pyramid up on weights ---> + one drop set rep out
    5x12 DB lunges
    3x12 extensions
    5x12 curls
    standing calf raise ss w/ 1-legged DB calf raise
    7min cooldown

pace fast thruout - smoked
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

heavy leg day

7min light cardio warm/2 sets BB squat warm, then
    4x15-6 pyramid up on weights ---> + one drop set rep out
    5x12 DB lunges
    3x12 extensions
    5x12 curls
    standing calf raise ss w/ 1-legged DB calf raise
    7min cooldown

pace fast thruout - smoked
    I had one like that Monday fast pace heavy load and fried me up..
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I had one like that Monday fast pace heavy load and fried me up..
    everything is explosive & fast-paced for me from here on out, even the heavy stuff
    by the end of this gig i'll have rest periods down to 30sec with supersets/tri-sets/quad-sets in mix simultaneously
    aside from tennis, this pace replaces cardio for me - until sprints come in at end
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

everything is explosive & fast-paced for me from here on out, even the heavy stuff
    by the end of this gig i'll have rest periods down to 30sec with supersets/tri-sets/quad-sets in mix simultaneously
    aside from tennis, this pace replaces cardio for me - until sprints come in at end
    Yah I'm picking it up now. I was moving too slow I find. I was out of town for 4 days and was hard to keep the diet clean with the anniversaly and my grandaughters birthday going on. Now that's behind me and all systems are go I can concentrate on the task at hand. I never missed a workout though, trained at Marshall's gym in Ottawa.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

my oh my..what in the world has happened to advertising tactics these days...
    just saw this last night - dint even know kmart still existed lol

36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

my oh my..what in the world has happened to advertising tactics these days...
    just saw this last night - dint even know kmart still existed lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL4lSavSepc">YouTube Link</a>
    lol I actually laughed at that commercial. I'm pretty sure we still have a k mart on the south side of coliseum. Have you seen the triscut (I think) commercial with the yetty?
    Purus labs Rep
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I shipped my pants with laughter
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

lol I actually laughed at that commercial. I'm pretty sure we still have a k mart on the south side of coliseum. Have you seen the triscut (I think) commercial with the yetty?
    yeah you're right about the kmart over there, I don't get down that stretch of road much anymore..i know they closed the value city next to it long ago - and the hotel in between the two is both a halfway house for sexual predators and a regular hotel for ppl (lotta ppl don't know about that)..blew my mind when I found out about it - you never know who is possibly in the room right next door
    is quite disturbing set-up really

anyway - yeah the wheat thins commercial? inspired me to try those damn buffalo flav ones :dammit:
    I ate a box (or two) one night and my shyte was like glass shards next morning...........
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

yeah you're right about the kmart over there, I don't get down that stretch of road much anymore..i know they closed the value city next to it long ago - and the hotel in between the two is both a halfway house for sexual predators and a regular hotel for ppl (lotta ppl don't know about that)..blew my mind when I found out about it - you never know who is possibly in the room right next door
    is quite disturbing set-up really

anyway - yeah the wheat thins commercial? inspired me to try those damn buffalo flav ones :dammit:
    I ate a box (or two) one night and my shyte was like glass shards next morning...........
    Wow I was unaware of that about that sh1thole hotel. It is crazy though, I had an app on my phone a couple years back that would show you all of the registered sex offenders around your area. I think we had like 7 within 3 miles. Crazy huh? Did you ever go to diamond gems when it was back there? I've yet to try the buffalo wheat thins. I actually haven't had a wheat thin in months. Are wheat thins part of my diet plan lol? If so I'm cashin in on the buffalo ones haha
    Purus labs Rep
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Wow I was unaware of that about that sh1thole hotel. It is crazy though, I had an app on my phone a couple years back that would show you all of the registered sex offenders around your area. I think we had like 7 within 3 miles. Crazy huh? Did you ever go to diamond gems when it was back there? I've yet to try the buffalo wheat thins. I actually haven't had a wheat thin in months. Are wheat thins part of my diet plan lol? If so I'm cashin in on the buffalo ones haha
    Watchdog. My wife checks it ever well to make sure we are safe

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  3. Where to get ebooks on steroids/bodybuilding?
    By rford78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 10:00 AM