Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals

Page 48 of 67 First ... 4647484950 ... Last

1. Oh hai Snags.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I snathed up a bag of flounder the other day. Thoughts on flounder?
    personally not a big fan of the taste, but should be all right
    devious lil things, those - they lurk around at the bottom of the sea in the mud, and ambush other fishes for food
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by daniel11 View Post
    Oh hai Snags.
    no way! man they let anybody in on this forum I guess, huh?
    how are ya man? your log over there kinda went dead, been thinking about ya

4. I'm rarely over here. :-)

And yes my log went stale.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by daniel11 View Post
    I'm rarely over here. :-)

And yes my log went stale.
    well, you are a man of soo many words..kinda go on and on about things - just like you did here

but you posted such nice pics bro! my hero, you were
    •   

6. Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals

Ok ok ok. I'll keep the log going. I'll give it some TLC today.

Edit. btw - I love me some Tilapia.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

7. Quote Originally Posted by daniel11 View Post
    Ok ok ok. I'll keep the log going. I'll give it some TLC today.
    will be there, lotion in hand
    Edit. btw - I love me some Tilapia.
    you can have it, more for you

8. Tilapia is the Mexican fish out here. All the street taco vendors use it. Hahahah

I usually get salmon, mahi, tuna, or even sole.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

9. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I see it in a lot of preps when fats get low. I've ate tons of it myself.
    As have I...

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    sure man - lean poop
    total win

I use it sometimes, simply because I do like the taste, macros are good, it's pretty cheap blah blah blah
    but - I think I've made a conscious decision for going forward, to never eat it again
    I mean, I already do not do pork for basically the very same reason (well, what they eat + the parasites in them things, ewww)..
    cannot justify looking at tilapia any differently
    Yah that's sound logic...

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    AZ suggested halibut..i'm on it
    haven't eaten that too much in my lifetime, for some reason
    That is very nice fish, not going to be so cheap where I am I think as it's a west coast fish. They use it like Cod in British Columbia but it's way better tasting. If you can get it for a decent price I highly recommend it.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

10. tilapia is used a lot, because ppl in general do not realize what a nasty fish it is - and, ppl in prep are advised to use it, so they do
    I myself have used it, as I said - but not w/o knowledge of what it is
    I just blocked it out

11. Name:  image-3553769317.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  328.4 KB

Looks like it's hitting ground...

12. isn't that sweet?

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    isn't that sweet?
    I'm excited, to say the least.

14. Wow sick deal!! Nice job FF
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

15. First about the Stimul8 SWEETNESS!

Now for the tilapia and pork, the tilapia yeah it is a bottom feeder, but it is functional protein and a good source of it. When it comes down to it's use it is really just a preference. If what it ate when it was alive grosses you out then you should avoid it. If you enjoy the taste and feel that it's liver and kidneys did their jobs and filtered out what was good from the other fish poop and pooped out the rest you are just fine in eating eat too. It may have some gross habits while alive but still a solid choice for low fat protein source.

Snags and I had the pork conversation once and I went and did a ton of research on it and turns out pork as it is raised and fed now is not really a concern for the parasites. They used to be fed a lot of garbage and what not before and it was an issue but when the "lean meat movement" came along, they way they were raised was drastically changed. No longer was it okay to fatten them up on any trash you could give them. Most of them are grain fed now. People were looking for "Pork, the other white meat." So fattening them up on garbage was not going to work and a more controlled diet was needed. That and of course the FDA stepping in to clean up the health issues with them has really changed the pork game.

Again, it comes down to a preference and if certain things bother you. The quality of the meat is good, but it is still looked upon by many as a dirty or garbage meat. Depending on how you feel about that is how you make your food choices.

Snags is a major tow the line, all high quality guy so if there is ANY question in his mind he would just rather do without. This is the sentiment of many, and creates many opinions and none of them are wrong just different. So choose your foods based on macro and micro nutrient content, AS WELL AS your personal opinions and you can't go wrong.

Sorry Snags, not disrespecting you at all just discussing from another angle. Hope I did not derail the thread in any way.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

16. Oh yeah Snags, SICK looking in that post cardio pick my friend!
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Snags is a major tow the line, all high quality guy so if there is ANY question in his mind he would just rather do without. This is the sentiment of many, and creates many opinions and none of them are wrong just different. So choose your foods based on macro and micro nutrient content, AS WELL AS your personal opinions and you can't go wrong.

Sorry Snags, not disrespecting you at all just discussing from another angle. Hope I did not derail the thread in any way.
    never derail brother, no worries..however: rebuttal time!
    tilapia, as I said agreed - just not something i'm gonna continue with personally..
    pork tho - it's not so much the slop in their food consumption that is issue brother they eat other dead animals - inc (yes) other pigs, before farmers can get to them..as well, because they eat the ground, this is the source, not slop
    and yes - improvements have been made in cleanliness, but still..once these parasites get in, you cannot kill them! not by cooking, not by anything..now, our body, if running soundly and up-to-snuff, is built to withstand these for the most part - but there is still potential for you to pick up a parasite from these, and however small the chance, I am not the one to be taking it
    add to that your other point: pork is the fattiest meat in existence with maybe exception of salmon - and salmon fat is totally different ballgame..no thanks, don't need it in my diet, at all, anytime

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Oh yeah Snags, SICK looking in that post cardio pick my friend!
    dude - this is just glimpse of the final product! let me give you an idea...
    if I can get down to 3% + gain a lil muscle thruout this process, no depletion at end game..picture that
    and honestly, I see no reason why I cannot do this; I mean, i'm pretty low right now ~just under 4 weeks out..if I were to just cut water in half right now (currently 2g+ per day) and massively reduce sodium (dunno exactly where I am at, but between 8K-10Kmg I am sure LOL), that alone would prolly put me close to ~5% right now...
    think about that, and then please give me a reason why this will not just possibly, but more like more than likely, be accomplished?

18. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    My ground beef I'm eating is 93/7 yummy.

Yeah I didn't do anything to it just made ground up like taco meat and omg it was gross.
    With you on this Bean. Have tried 2-3 times.. and can't do it.

19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    never derail brother, no worries..however: rebuttal time!
    tilapia, as I said agreed - just not something i'm gonna continue with personally..
    pork tho - it's not so much the slop in their food consumption that is issue brother they eat other dead animals - inc (yes) other pigs, before farmers can get to them..as well, because they eat the ground, this is the source, not slop
    and yes - improvements have been made in cleanliness, but still..once these parasites get in, you cannot kill them! not by cooking, not by anything..now, our body, if running soundly and up-to-snuff, is built to withstand these for the most part - but there is still potential for you to pick up a parasite from these, and however small the chance, I am not the one to be taking it
    add to that your other point: pork is the fattiest meat in existence with maybe exception of salmon - and salmon fat is totally different ballgame..no thanks, don't need it in my diet, at all, anytime

dude - this is just glimpse of the final product! let me give you an idea...
    if I can get down to 3% + gain a lil muscle thruout this process, no depletion at end game..picture that
    and honestly, I see no reason why I cannot do this; I mean, i'm pretty low right now ~just under 4 weeks out..if I were to just cut water in half right now (currently 2g+ per day) and massively reduce sodium (dunno exactly where I am at, but between 8K-10Kmg I am sure LOL), that alone would prolly put me close to ~5% right now...
    think about that, and then please give me a reason why this will not just possibly, but more like more than likely, be accomplished?

Only pork I really eat is the leanest pork loin section... I should probably clarify that. Trimmed of external fat it is pretty lean. The rest of it I have no interest in at all. Well Bacon but honestly I prefer turkey bacon if I am messing with that. Interesting on the ground eating...

Yeah you look great I have no question you are going to come in absolutely FREAKY! There is no reason you should not be able to obtain, or even surpass your current expectations. I can not wait to see how you look in the end.
    Current Training Log -

20. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Only pork I really eat is the leanest pork loin section... The pork sword...

Yeah you look great I have no question you are going to come in absolutely FREAKY! There is no reason you should not be able to obtain, or even surpass your current expectations. I can not wait to see how you look in the end.

Interesting way to tell snags you're interested him in a sexual manor.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

21. Love the food updates snags, just can't convince my wife to eat that way yet. So work nights i get what she makes. Plus side is she cooks with jasmine rice and sweet potatoes more!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

22. I ate 48 oz of cod a day for 21 days I believe. And I liked cod. Started with halibut but it was too expensive. I think I spent like 400.00 in fish the last three weeks of prep. Never again

That is all
    Independent

23. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Interesting way to tell snags you're interested him in a sexual manor.
    meh - we're all Freaks over here at FINAFLEX..just par for the course
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Love the food updates snags, just can't convince my wife to eat that way yet. So work nights i get what she makes. Plus side is she cooks with jasmine rice and sweet potatoes more!
    nothing wrong with those choices at all
    I think I had jasmine like twice or something, very early on this prep..went by the wayside in short order, not exactly what I wanted/needed to make my move
    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I ate 48 oz of cod a day for 21 days I believe. And I liked cod. Started with halibut but it was too expensive. I think I spent like 400.00 in fish the last three weeks of prep. Never again
    that's a lot of fish
    but yes - hopefully you now understand, the course you were directed on should never be used - never ever ever, at any time, no matter what

24. First of all Snags, each pic you post you look more and more ripped/shredded... total win.

Second, you fukkers have me thinking I should chuck half the meat in my deep freezer out when I get home from work lol

25. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    First of all Snags, each pic you post you look more and more ripped/shredded... total win.

Second, you fukkers have me thinking I should chuck half the meat in my deep freezer out when I get home from work lol
    Depending on how old it is, could be safe to chuck it. I'm with these other guys on the percentages too. I don't eat anything that's less than 93% with the exception of my breakfast sausage (isernio's chx sausage). That's still pretty lean stuff though. It's just tastes a lot better when it's less fatty. I'm also one of the guys that likes ground turkey though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 11:43 AM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
  3. Where to get ebooks on steroids/bodybuilding?
    By rford78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 06:29 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 01:17 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 11:00 AM