Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 38

Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals

Page 38 of 42 First ... 333637383940 ... Last
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you da man..damn novel, this thread is.. but more importantly for me - it gives an idea of things I am eating, what you can do yourself, and how consistent I am in my approach
    I enjoy seeing the pics of the meals as it gives an idea of the precision of your diet/eating but also shows that you don't necessarily have to suffer when getting into, quite literally, extreme condition. Something I tell people all the time about dieting is that nobody forces us to put anything in our mouths and we consciously make the decision to eat whatever we choose to eat. Believe me Snag, I'm not taking anything at all away from you by saying this because you are absolutely killing it, but the diet component is not rocket science. You're proving it with every pic you post of your meals. We can all sit back and say 'Damn, I wish I look like that someday' and the reality is, we can. We can, and we can do it while working hard and eating good food with precision. Obviously, as you've mentioned a number of times here, we're the benefactors or witnessing your years of experience getting this dialed in. Having the patience, time and desire to try the numerous methods you have to get to this point is not easy. These approaches aren't based on short term results - you have to put weeks or months of work into them to determine if it works or not. Few have the motivation to do this. Looking forward to the final results and you ultimately getting your pro card. Enjoy every gram of those carbs this week!

Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

you da man..damn novel, this thread is
    nope, cannot be persuaded to do that, but thanks for your kind sentiment
    I post pics of some meals, because some guys do enjoy that.. but more importantly for me - it gives an idea of things I am eating, what you can do yourself, and how consistent I am in my approach
    my function here is as an employee of FINAFLEX, and to embrace their goals, and provide customer service for their products..it is not to do side threads, promoting my ideas on nutrition in complex detail
    so, no interest in doing such, on my part..and more importantly: no time! I put in quite a bit of time on various forums as it is; am not trying to increase my workload here
    But I haven't even started persuading yet! :-D
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    I enjoy seeing the pics of the meals as it gives an idea of the precision of your diet/eating but also shows that you don't necessarily have to suffer when getting into, quite literally, extreme condition. Something I tell people all the time about dieting is that nobody forces us to put anything in our mouths and we consciously make the decision to eat whatever we choose to eat. Believe me Snag, I'm not taking anything at all away from you by saying this because you are absolutely killing it, but the diet component is not rocket science. You're proving it with every pic you post of your meals. We can all sit back and say 'Damn, I wish I look like that someday' and the reality is, we can. We can, and we can do it while working hard and eating good food with precision. Obviously, as you've mentioned a number of times here, we're the benefactors or witnessing your years of experience getting this dialed in. Having the patience, time and desire to try the numerous methods you have to get to this point is not easy. These approaches aren't based on short term results - you have to put weeks or months of work into them to determine if it works or not. Few have the motivation to do this. Looking forward to the final results and you ultimately getting your pro card. Enjoy every gram of those carbs this week!
    insightful stuff from you sir - I am impressed once again
    and no - diet is not rocket science, at all..ppl make it much more complicated than it need be (I have been guilty of this myself, at some points in my life..is always a learning process)
    but if I could impart just ONE point - and I have made it here before, will again because it is crucial to the topic at hand - working within a structured caloric range and understanding your own unique metabolism, are only a smaller part of the overall process..much more impactful, are the MICROS of nutrition factors, of those calories you are ingesting
    far too many ppl do not get this, think that cals in/cals out are what it is all about, and look to fit as much junk and what they consider "fun tasty foods", into their diet -- simply, they are defeating the whole purpose and point in structuring those cals to begin with!
    there are many reasons for this; essentially tho, it boils down to two main ones:
    #1 - too much (mis)information exists out there, by ppl simply not qualified to be spouting the things they are, on nutrition
    #2 - ppl are lazy and spoiled! a lifetime of sh1tty nutritional choices has made them unaware of the value of what good nutrition is all about...choosing to eat quality, nutritious foods is a lifechange approach; most ppl do not have the willpower or self-control, to embrace this fact
    and I find that very sad

Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    But I haven't even started persuading yet! :-D
    that scares me, sir
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

couple leg shots this morning, showing the dryness
    forgive the medicated powder guys - still dealing with groin rash here

Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good god man... that is simply awesome.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Would you say, though, that the way you came to the realization that you DON'T have to over think your diet was after you HAD been over thinking your diet? I mean you almost have to do that before you can know that it's not necessary. If I didn't over think my diet now I would probably make bad choices because I would somehow convince myself that what I was eating is okay (I know I've done this before lol).
    Where it all started

Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.

Umm... Hey snags... did you know you have tree trunks growing out of your torso. Might wanna get that checked out.
    Where it all started

Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Would you say, though, that the way you came to the realization that you DON'T have to over think your diet was after you HAD been over thinking your diet? I mean you almost have to do that before you can know that it's not necessary. If I didn't over think my diet now I would probably make bad choices because I would somehow convince myself that what I was eating is okay (I know I've done this before lol).
    sure, could be one way to grow
    understand man, I did not develop these ideas and the level of understanding I feel I have, overnight or w/o much trial & error
    it has taken a long time to get here - I mean I've had very good understanding of diet for a long while, but it was based in (needless) complication there for awhile..i guess that is what I am trying to say
    do I see the complications I gave myself as a growth process? no, not really, in fact I think it slowed my progression, I got complacent
    is that to say it would be same process for everyone else? not at all
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You are one shredded dude.all the best in the contest snag. I believe you got these. I can't believe you train like you do, take care of the boards and what else you have to do.inspirational sir.
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cannot wait to see you once you add more carbs in and pull a little more water..

The difference from carbing up alone will be drastic
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Holy snags....sharp bro...every muscle shows....like the sartorius...awesome.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Good god man... that is simply awesome.
    Umm... Hey snags... did you know you have tree trunks growing out of your torso. Might wanna get that checked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    You are one shredded dude.all the best in the contest snag. I believe you got these. I can't believe you train like you do, take care of the boards and what else you have to do.inspirational sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Cannot wait to see you once you add more carbs in and pull a little more water..

The difference from carbing up alone will be drastic
    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Holy snags....sharp bro...every muscle shows....like the sartorius...awesome.
    gracias gents, and very excited, very pleased with the process, could not be happier with where I sit right now

@aceroni - yes you are correct, the tweaks in the diet/water/salt will have dramatic effect when you are amazingly lean - I cannot wait!
    see below for small example of action you are speaking of, pic taken after my 50g carb meal (shown) but still 3g water and 6g salt in diet today, carbs 175g when it's all over

this was 7oz top sirloin, pan-fried (went out to fire up grill, out of propane)
    not shown 2 plain rice cakes

this was dinner here a bit ago, next to-last-meal of day .. simply, freaking, unbelieveably, amazing
    5oz chicken breast kabobs (pan-fried), peppers/couple onions/tomatoes
    1/2c rice (this measured after cooking, rare that I do that) with carrots/corn/peas
    1/4c steel-cut oats topped w/cinnamon and 1/2c almond milk
    WOW
    425cal, 50g carbs/5.5g fat

and that pic I was talking about..didn't come out as good as real life (of course), there are actually striations going on
    pretty cool

Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

also went shopping today - spent $200 on things i'm stocking up for for lean bulk grow time
    lots of good stuff - all kinds different rices, quinoa, 10 packages Bob's Red Mill steel-cut oats, some organic macaroni and a sh1t-ton of chunk tuna (I will be having tuna mac & cheese quite frequently, made with some butter and smidge of water in place of milk), a 3lb spare rib with big Sweet Baby Ray's bbq (son loves ribs, so do I but will eat sparingly - we'll split this one), some Kashi pizzas, bunch of Quaker popped rice cakes, veggie chips, sweet potato chips, frozen sweet potatoes (for when I am lazy or don't have real on hand), lots of lean meats (sirloin/93% turkey/canadian bacon/ham/chicken breast), multiple varieties Ezekiel breads .. then for fats I got ~4gal almond and coconut milks, some almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and natty PB.. a few other odds & ends

with my existing stockpile of lean meats, triscuits (15 boxes), cereals (20+ boxes), other rice cakes, extra-virgin coconut butter, various nuts (cashews and almonds mostly) and junk-food extras (lot of bars, variety but a ton of metRX big colossal; wheat thins, couple bags of Doritos jacked flavs ), and the obligatory couple cases diet sodas (mostly mountain dews) I figure I am well-set for months, literally - only thing I need to buy will be fresh produce, and almond/coconut milks when I run out

whew....I am hungry now, for some reason
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

also went shopping today - spent $200 on things i'm stocking up for for lean bulk grow time
    lots of good stuff - all kinds different rices, quinoa, 10 packages Bob's Red Mill steel-cut oats, some organic macaroni and a sh1t-ton of chunk tuna (I will be having tuna mac & cheese quite frequently, made with some butter and smidge of water in place of milk), a 3lb spare rib with big Sweet Baby Ray's bbq (son loves ribs, so do I but will eat sparingly - we'll split this one), some Kashi pizzas, bunch of Quaker popped rice cakes, veggie chips, sweet potato chips, frozen sweet potatoes (for when I am lazy or don't have real on hand), lots of lean meats (sirloin/93% turkey/canadian bacon/ham/chicken breast), multiple varieties Ezekiel breads .. then for fats I got ~4gal almond and coconut milks, some almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and natty PB.. a few other odds & ends

with my existing stockpile of lean meats, triscuits (15 boxes), cereals (20+ boxes), other rice cakes, extra-virgin coconut butter, various nuts (cashews and almonds mostly) and junk-food extras (lot of bars, variety but a ton of metRX big colossal; wheat thins, couple bags of Doritos jacked flavs ), and the obligatory couple cases diet sodas (mostly mountain dews) I figure I am well-set for months, literally - only thing I need to buy will be fresh produce, and almond/coconut milks when I run out

For the mac and cheese, What are you using for the cheese?
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    For the mac and cheese, What are you using for the cheese?
    is pre-packaged in the box, stuff is from Simply Organic
    I want some convenience, wouldn't want to use whole cheeses all the time
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

last meal of the night....snag's been creative this day, a bit extra fats to play with to offset the lower carbs
    is for today & tomorrow (~38g fat), then back to lower amount Monday
    also go back to what I been using, mainly turkey breast/almond butter and peppers, various dry carbs
    been a fun day, another one tomorrow, cool

another stovetop pan-made chicken breast kabob with veggies
    took some pre-cooked chicken breast and cooked it in an herb and garlic butter sauce, along with a small red potato/small carrot/and couple baby onions I picked up today too (haven't had onions in forever, had a craving this day)
    salad w/ honey mustard & croutons
    ~400cals, 30g carbs/8.5g fats
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This just gets me all excited for your lean bulk log!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    This just gets me all excited for your lean bulk log!
    yeah me too, believe me

so..same cardio today as yesterday (fasted HIIT/LISS combo, 35min total duration this time tho), followed with breakfast ~20min later
    meal was 6 egg whites drizzled with honey mustard Dijon/salt/pepper, toasted cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel, plain rice cake with 1/2TBS almond butter, and one of those cookies I made couple days ago, microwaved - soft & warm yum, was great
    ~400cals, 45g carbs/8.5g fat

Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yeah me too, believe me

so..same cardio today as yesterday (fasted HIIT/LISS combo, 35min total duration this time tho), followed with breakfast ~20min later
    meal was 6 egg whites drizzled with honey mustard Dijon/salt/pepper, toasted cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel, plain rice cake with 1/2TBS almond butter, and one of those cookies I made couple days ago, microwaved - soft & warm yum, was great
    ~400cals, 45g carbs/8.5g fat

Hot damn, I am getting hungry and I just ate breakfast
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Hot damn, I am getting hungry and I just ate breakfast
    everything was delicious on that plate - the eggs/honey mustard combo was sweet, just mix it all up and pow! wonderful..goes well with a bite of that toast too
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

Snags - during your HIIT/LISS session, is there an approx. amount of calories you're looking to burn? I'm guessing it's in the ~400 range based on time and intensity. What's your ultimate goal with the cardio? Keep metabolism elevated? Are you running much of a deficit at this point? Just curious as to your balancing act here as you're maintaining in that 185lb range.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Snags - during your HIIT/LISS session, is there an approx. amount of calories you're looking to burn? I'm guessing it's in the ~400 range based on time and intensity. What's your ultimate goal with the cardio? Keep metabolism elevated? Are you running much of a deficit at this point? Just curious as to your balancing act here as you're maintaining in that 185lb range.
    nice and yes, you pretty much pegged the cal-burn mark, simply to keep everything pushing toward small fat-loss, while concurrently maintaining/solidifying muscle stores -- it is a fine balancing act at this point, surely..weight did drop to 184.5 upon rising today, this actually surprised me
    my intent was to keep cals steady thruout week and just shift macros around progressively, to set up final day; now, going after slightly ever more fat-loss as I really want to attain absurdly low bf level, I will also slightly trim cals thruout week, but again: bottom line, I've got my metabolism pegged right where I want it right now, and am mastering it with what I want to accomplish
    never been in the situation before, where I can do so much play in the last week/2 weeks, to get exactly what look I am after; always had to bust ass (to varying degrees) to finish up/catch up
    this is simply, quite fun stuff, here
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

^ Good stuff - thanks!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I have seriously fallen in lust with this meal....
    will have another just like later today..up next is another top sirloin steak tho, mmmm

2 toasted slices Ezekiel bread
    4oz ground extra lean turkey breast
    2oz ham
    Dijon w/ chardonnay mustard
    1 bell pepper w/ salt & pepper (couple slices of it on sandwich)
    ~350cal, 30g carbs/4g fat

Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And the shrink wrapping begins!!

That has always been my favorite part of carb cycling- after a few low carb days your skin gets real tight then once you carb back up, BOOM! You look so lean and so full.
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

YO BRO!!!!!!!!

STILL LOOKIN LIKE A JACKEDASAURUS REX!!!

are all your HIIT session sprint/stop or do you do other things?

and get in my log pecker head-were lonely in there without the input and presence of the snags!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    YO BRO!!!!!!!!

STILL LOOKIN LIKE A JACKEDASAURUS REX!!!

are all your HIIT session sprint/stop or do you do other things?

and get in my log pecker head-were lonely in there without the input and presence of the snags!
    k i'll be in there to watch

and the HIIT - I only just started that, 2x this w/e now, is sprint/walk/sprint/walk
    been rolling with LISS, just fine, till now..lookin for a lil more finishing touch/striations on da wheels

mmmm, steak

I picked up some honey Dijon mustard cuz of this thread.
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

geese i love steak. and i like the sprint/walk cycle...

if you think your balls are big do it with a chute/sled/ or vest...just sayin
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I picked up some honey Dijon mustard cuz of this thread.
    stuff's the bomb, ain't it?
    and pretty clean too, not slathered in honey, nice formulation
    the Dijon w/ chardonnay is delish too - definitely a different taste, but goes great on a lot of things
    I can actually go with either at any time, depending on what mood i'm in/what taste i'm going for
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    geese i love steak. and i like the sprint/walk cycle...

if you think your balls are big do it with a chute/sled/ or vest...just sayin
    i've done it uphill before - that count?
    I bet the added weight is ridiculous
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

i've done it uphill before - that count?
    I bet the added weight is ridiculous
    that works great too...and makes it easy on the knees and hammys

running with a 'chute is my favorite....It adds the perfect amount of resistance to your sprints because the force being applied against you is directly proportional to how hard your digging in a sprinting. if you look at a strength/force bellecurve, running with a 'chute almost matches it perfectly. Its a great way to add just that little bit of extra mmphh to your legs days. the added denisity and localized fat loss isnt bad either
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

tellin ya, this meal just does NOT get old
    tweaked it a smidge, used wasabi instead of Dijon chardonnay - nice

Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

calves lookin kinda freaky tonight, split coming in nicely
    this, on a low-carb day..diet gets fun for tomorrow, looking forward to 250g carbs and a cal-bump

Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Hamstrings are popping well mate.
    Same with calves
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whoa!!! My goodness man!!!!!
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Good lawd those are some quads
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

yeah we're starting to see a little more of the finished product as I maneuver diet thruout week
    weight was shocking this morning tho - 182.5, was like whoaa
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

yeah we're starting to see a little more of the finished product as I maneuver diet thruout week
    weight was shocking this morning tho - 182.5, was like whoaa

What are your thoughts on this drop? Water and glycogen? Do you expect a rebound today with the 250g carbs?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  3. Where to get ebooks on steroids/bodybuilding?
    By rford78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 10:00 AM