Smitty's Summer Log

Page 7 of 7 First ... 2567
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.32%

I always got great gains from 1-Andro so I figure Alpha will be even better.

So I have begun getting in more than one day of training this week. I completed my usual Sunday DL workout. Which I will detail. And I completed a Bench and Tri session yesterday. Not easy to get motivated right now.

I have decided to follow a 12 week Deadlift Program written by Ed Coan to concentrate on that one lift. If all goes well I expect to see a 20-30lb. increase in my DL. The first month includes a bunch of volume in the assistance lifts and tapers off toward the end of the program. My hammies and back are still sore. As part of this quest I am going to dedicate Wednesday's to extra deadlift work. So I will plan on doing speed DLs today.

My plan on Wed. is to get lighter explosive reps in a quick intense matter in order to address conditioning as well. Sadiv Sets and On the Minutes sets will be used. Along with extra back work and Prowler Walks.

I'm utilizing 531 for my Bench and Press. If I squat it will be on Wednesday's and will be on a high box to save my knee.

Although my main focus this phase is strength and specifically DL strength there will be plenty of volume. Sometime around October I am planning my 1-Alpha run. Just need to start buying up my product.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    I always got great gains from 1-Andro so I figure Alpha will be even better.

So I have begun getting in more than one day of training this week. I completed my usual Sunday DL workout. Which I will detail. And I completed a Bench and Tri session yesterday. Not easy to get motivated right now.

I have decided to follow a 12 week Deadlift Program written by Ed Coan to concentrate on that one lift. If all goes well I expect to see a 20-30lb. increase in my DL. The first month includes a bunch of volume in the assistance lifts and tapers off toward the end of the program. My hammies and back are still sore. As part of this quest I am going to dedicate Wednesday's to extra deadlift work. So I will plan on doing speed DLs today.

My plan on Wed. is to get lighter explosive reps in a quick intense matter in order to address conditioning as well. Sadiv Sets and On the Minutes sets will be used. Along with extra back work and Prowler Walks.

I'm utilizing 531 for my Bench and Press. If I squat it will be on Wednesday's and will be on a high box to save my knee.

Although my main focus this phase is strength and specifically DL strength there will be plenty of volume. Sometime around October I am planning my 1-Alpha run. Just need to start buying up my product.
    1 andro will produce more size gain then the 1 alpha but the strength gains and hardness from the alpha are better.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.32%

Hey. Hows everybody doing in here. Been away for a while. Had a bump in the road. Broke my right ring finger and tore the tendon in a football practice incident. For the past two months i have been wearing a huge splint down to my elbow. Had to surgically repair the finger and tendon. This sucks way more than back surgery. I have had very little upperbody work. I have been able to squat but with less weight than before. Absolutely no grip work on my right hand. I should be done with therapy and splint soon. Going to slowly get back to work. I won't be deadlifting for a while so i am planning to start doing kettle bell swings and good mornings as a substitute. Strength has taken a hit so my main focus is to get back to normal and improve conditioning and maybe lean out in the process.

I hate being in this situation. I have no motivation as i hate not lifting. But i'll be back to normal soon.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

How're things, Smitty?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. keats summer log
    By keater824 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
  2. Mister Ed's Pre-Summer Log
    By mister ed in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:42 PM