Trav's 1-Alpha and 550-XD run.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

Thought for the benefit of my self, I would start a pretty basic log of my short 1-Alpha and 550-XD run. I haven't really done any ph's before so this is my first run. For this log I will be taking one 1-Alpha am and pm for 30 days and on week 3 I will start the 550-XD so they over lap for 2 weeks and then the final 2 weeks with 550-XD one am and pm. Standard supps while on cycle will be whey protein and fish oil, as well as BCAA's and half dose of cycle support. For pct I will be running PCT revolution with DAA, protein and creatine.

My basic stats, currently weighing in at 87kg at 6ft, what I am hoping out of this short cycle is to gain some lean mass and lose some body fat along the way.

This is my third day of the 1-Alpha and at this early stage I have not and don't expect to notice any changes.

Tonight I trained chest

BB Bench Press x 5
BB Incline Bench x 3
Single DB Press x 3
Push ups to failure x 2

Not the best work out as I am away on site for work and don't have much equipment to work with, but it did feel pretty good to get out and hit the weights.

I will try and update every couple of days and feel free to give any advice or comments for my training and log.

Cheers

Trav

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I'm here lingering in the shadows. Kill it

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i don't linger in shadows..ppl might confuse that intent

excited for your experience trav, let's do this! :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the interest. I'm not expecting to much from this as it is a short and mild cycle. But I will keep my diet in check and train hard and get the most out of this run.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
No weights last night, but did manage to get in some cardio with a game of squash... Not ny usual sport of choice, but better than nothing. Feeling good and will be hitting back tonight. Can't wait.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No weights last night, but did manage to get in some cardio with a game of squash... Not ny usual sport of choice, but better than nothing. Feeling good and will be hitting back tonight. Can't wait.
Care to explain squash for me?

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Squash is a game were you hit a little rubber ball that barely bounces against a wall and side walls....kinda like tennis but with a smaller request and ball. Instead of a net you have walls to hit onto.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Another night and another workout, and being away on site means not much equipment to use. Tonight was a back workout. Pretty simple and need some more volume, but it was getting dark and have no lights where I train and no where for chin ups.

DB Row x 5 x 7
Incline Bench BB Row 5 x 10
Incline Bench DB Row 3 x 5
DB Pullover x 3 x 10

Won't be home until Tuesday night so have to continue with what I have up here.

Not feeling anything yet from the 1-Alpha, but am hoping to notice something next week.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to watch the muscle building! Good luck man!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kinda like raquetball, only with a bigger raquet and a smaller, slower ball

Aahhhhh ok. Thanks snags.

Another night and another workout, and being away on site means not much equipment to use. Tonight was a back workout. Pretty simple and need some more volume, but it was getting dark and have no lights where I train and no where for chin ups.

DB Row x 5 x 7
Incline Bench BB Row 5 x 10
Incline Bench DB Row 3 x 5
DB Pullover x 3 x 10

Won't be home until Tuesday night so have to continue with what I have up here.

Not feeling anything yet from the 1-Alpha, but am hoping to notice something next week.
Atleast your still getting workouts in!

It takes a little to feel it but it should be kicking in soon.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now I have a hankerin for some squash.. :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
It's good to have the finaflex crew on board for this log. Alright, tonight was shoulders and I was feeling pretty good for this tonight.

DB Shoulder Press 5 x 8
Upright Row 5 x 8
Bent over reverse DB Fly 4 x 10
Lat raises 3 x 10
BB Standing Shoulder Press 2 x Failure

This work out felt good, could feel a pump through my shoulders, and plenty of veins showing through front of my shoulders. I think the 1-Alpha may be just starting to work it's way into my system.

Can't wait to get home and have a proper work out at a decent gym.

No weights tomorrow and will be making the 1 1/2 hour round trip to have a game of Squash

Now I have a hankerin for some squash.. :)
and sorry DW not the vegetable... the racquet ball type game.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ive only known one person ever besides you that likes tennis so much. Good guy though
ex-wife wanted to start playing like a decade ago, got me into it
really just grew on me, and i was a natural believe it or not
(some don't think i would be, with my build)
my brother tho, now that guy could have done something big, has uncanny natural raquet-sport ability..
he just lost interest in college for some reason, went another direction

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ex-wife wanted to start playing like a decade ago, got me into it
really just grew on me, and i was a natural believe it or not
(some don't think i would be, with my build)
my brother tho, now that guy could have done something big, has uncanny natural raquet-sport ability..
he just lost interest in college for some reason, went another direction
I used to play all the time when I was young but finding oppoents became a problem after that.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the gym this morning and didn't have a very good work out at all. I was excited to get home and go to the gym, and planned on doing legs. Got into my fourth set of leg press when I felt my lower back twinge. So I took it very easy after that.

Leg press 1 x 8, 2 x 6, 1 x 4
Leg extension 5 x 10
Seated leg curl 5 x 10
Weighted step ups 2 x 9
Calf raises 6 x 10

Wondering if anyone has any exercises to strengthen my lower back. I am thinking of hypers and planks. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hoping to get out in the surf for a body board later this morning and hang out with ky wife in the arvo...maybe a game of squash... Not much of a tennis player myself.

Might try and get a pic or two up tomorrow as a not quite before and after thing.

Trav.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ouch!
yeah you're on the right track, there are a few choices
for my money: hip bridge, side plank, and (yes) lunges, aside from DLs of course

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
ouch!
yeah you're on the right track, there are a few choices
for my money: hip bridge, side plank, and (yes) lunges, aside from DLs of course
On legs days I normally do weight gluten bridge and RDLs. But not today, will add planks and hypers as well as gluten bridge every second workout.

rhizome

Awards
Just got back from the gym this morning and didn't have a very good work out at all. I was excited to get home and go to the gym, and planned on doing legs. Got into my fourth set of leg press when I felt my lower back twinge. So I took it very easy after that.

Leg press 1 x 8, 2 x 6, 1 x 4
Leg extension 5 x 10
Seated leg curl 5 x 10
Weighted step ups 2 x 9
Calf raises 6 x 10

Wondering if anyone has any exercises to strengthen my lower back. I am thinking of hypers and planks. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hoping to get out in the surf for a body board later this morning and hang out with ky wife in the arvo...maybe a game of squash... Not much of a tennis player myself.

Might try and get a pic or two up tomorrow as a not quite before and after thing.

Trav.
Barbell good mornings are one of the best and will very quickly identify lower and upper back / thoracic weaknesses if you can't hold your back straight and lower back arched (if you are doing the arched back variety). Back raises and reverse hypers if you can do them are also good. And of course deadlifts.

Poor form and hip mobility are probably the two biggest causes of messed up lower back from leg pressing though. People allow their butts to come off the seat and curl forward which ends up rounding the lower back. Add in the seat padding is often not very good and you've got the things to tweak and snap some **** up.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up to day 11, and haven't really noticed anything yet with the 1-Alpha.

This morning was chest and tri's.
BB Bench 1 x 8, 1 x 6, 2 x 4, 1 x 10.
Incline DB Press 4 x 8
Dips 3 x 8
Cable x overs 3 x 12
Incline cable x over 2 x 8
Skull cruisers 3 x 12
Tri push downs 2 x 6

It wasn't to bad a workout considering I have some lower back pain.

Got out for a body board as well so pretty happy with that.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Up to day 11, and haven't really noticed anything yet with the 1-Alpha.
Just hang in there. Only a few more days at the most. It usually kicks in around the end of week 2, beginning of week 3. If I remember correctly mine kicked in hard around day 15. Youre totally gonna love it bro, srs!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Barbell good mornings are one of the best and will very quickly identify lower and upper back / thoracic weaknesses if you can't hold your back straight and lower back arched (if you are doing the arched back variety). Back raises and reverse hypers if you can do them are also good. And of course deadlifts.
Poor form and hip mobility are probably the two biggest causes of messed up lower back from leg pressing though. People allow their butts to come off the seat and curl forward which ends up rounding the lower back. Add in the seat padding is often not very good and you've got the things to tweak and snap some **** up.
I am very inflexible and is something I have to work on. Might have change my whole approach to training and come up with a program that is focused on lower back and core strength.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I am very inflexible and is something I have to work on. Might have change my whole approach to training and come up with a program that is focused on lower back and core strength.
You sound like me, I did back yesterday and moving today sucks. I generally push through it for my workout but pay for it later in the day and or next day.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wheel of death works lower back pretty good too...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wtf are the noods! Pics or it didn't happen :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Wheel of death works lower back pretty good too...
I haven't done the wheel of death in a long time, and I know that it is a killer. Will have to bring it back when the lower back recovers a bit.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Made it to the gym this morning and took it easy with a lighter than normal back workout. Also added some bi's and calves.

Wide lat pulldown 4 x 8
Cable rows 3 x 10
DB Rows 2 x 10
Wide T bar 3 x 12
V Grip pulldown 2 x 12
Seated calf raises 4 x 16
Standing calf raises 4 x 20
DB Curls 3 x 10.

No change in strength, but was taking it easy today so can't expect any improvement. I did feel fuller in my arms and looked fuller.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I can't add pics, I must not have enough posts. Anywy, hit shoulders today and had a pretty good workout. I feel I could of gone heavier on my DB Shoulder Press, but I am still taking it easy due to my lower back.

DB Shoulder Press 8 x 4
Upright Row 3 x 10
Lat Raises 3 x 10
Rear delt cable fly 3 x 10
Face pulls 3 x 12
BB Shrugs 4 x 12 superset with
20kg plate press 4 x 15

Felt good and tomorrow I start my 550-xd for a month of that. So next 2 weeks are 1-Alpha and 550-xd together. Can't wait!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
try imgur.com
copy & paste the BBcode for message boards & forums
you may need 50 posts before you can do that, i don't know

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I'm Back! Man it's been a bit of a hectic week so far and hadn't got any training in since Monday. I have had some sought of stomach bug, like gastro but not the full effects of gastro.... So anyway tonight after work I did a bit legs and back. Bit of a strange combo and I haven't done it before, but I had to make it quick as it was going to get dark and there is no lights outside where I train when I am on site.

Lunges 7 x 10 (each leg)
DB Rows 7 x 8
Glute bridge 4 x 10 with 3 second hold

I really only through in the DB Rows to fill in time between the lunges.

I am starting to feel better and hope tomorrow I will be fully over what ever it is, and will train Chest and Tri's a heap better than what legs was today.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a rough year for me too.. got the flu then a cold during ;prep.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
A true testament to manning up

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A true testament to manning up
Yah I didn't miss a workout but like I said I probably should have. Fug I've had plenty of excuses to quit ... wife even whines about me competing again. Gotta show you young fuggers how it's done. If I can do this after all the hardships at my age there will be no more excuses for any of you :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Been a rough year for me too.. got the flu then a cold during ;prep.

I have been following your log DW and you have done it tough a few times. So seeing someone else work through it helps push me that little bit to push through and hit the weights again.

So I will try and get out of work that little bit early and smash chest and tri's tonight.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Tonight was chest and tri's....very basic workout with the limited equipment I have on site.

Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 8
Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 8
Incline Tri Extension 3 x 8 superset with Incline close grip bench press 3 x 6
Incline DB flies 1 x 8 and 1 x 10
push ups 2 x failure.

Felt pretty good, had short breaks between sets, and had a good pump at the end. Gonna try and get some cardio in tomorrow and start loosing some of this body fat.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Good to have you back on the wagon !

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah I didn't miss a workout but like I said I probably should have. Fug I've had plenty of excuses to quit ... wife even whines about me competing again. Gotta show you young fuggers how it's done. If I can do this after all the hardships at my age there will be no more excuses for any of you :)
Very well put bud. My wife hasnt started to complain per se', but she has made comments about me never being home between work and the gym. So i had to scale back my gym time a tad bit to ensure everyone is happy lol.