Getting bigger and leaner with Alpha, 550, and Epi-V.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Right off before I start anything I want to thanks the guys from finaflex, Kleen, Dreamweaver, ScottDoc, Snags, and Palmfist for giving me this opportunity. This is a semi-sponsored run in the which the sponsored products are 1-alpha and PureTest.

We will start with some back ground information about myself.

24 years old, been lifting aggressively for the past year and off and on for the past 5. I finally got my diet in check about a year ago and have been feeling better and better everyday. I finished up my first cycle of finaflex 1-andro back in December and had a nice gain of 19lbs, I did however pick up a good chunk of BF so since then I have scaled my caloric and carb intake back some and have dropped a fair bit of that extra BF that I gained. I'm currently 5'8 and floating between 145 and 148. I know there will be some that will come in here and say you need to gain some weight first blah blah blah, your more then welcome to your opinion but you can take it elsewhere. I'm currently holding my calories in between 2300 and 2700, proteins at 200+, Fats below 50, and carbs right around 100. Alot of my protein intake comes from shakes between 2 and 3 a day but that's not saying I'm not eating protein it just gives me that extra boost to hit my mark.

Body stats:
Starting weight: 146
Right Bicep (unflexed): 11 1/4"
Right Bicep (flexed): 13 1/8"
Left Bicep (unflexed): 10 5/8"
Left Bicep (flexed): 12"
Waist measured right above hip bones: 31 7/8"
Right Quad (unflexed 8in. Above center of knee cap): 20"
Right Quad (flexed 8in. Above center of knee cap): 20"
Left Quad (unflexed 8in. Above center of knee cap): 19 3/4"
Left Quad (flexed 8in. Above center of knee cap): 19 3/4"

Cycle layout:
Product - Dose - length - Split
PNI Thermadex - 1 cap - 60 Days - Pre workout
FinaFlex 1-Alpha - 4 caps - 60 Days - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
FinaFlex 550xd - 4 caps - First 30 days - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
FinaFlex Epi-V - 3 or 4 caps - Last 30 days - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
Perform - 4 caps - 60 days - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
FinaFlex G8 - Half Scoop - 60 days - Right before bed 5 on 2 off
FinaFlex PCT Revolution Black - 1 cap - if needed - Pre bed

PCT
Torem - 120 for 3 days/90/60/30 - 4 weeks - night
FinaFlex PCT Revolution - 2 caps - 4 weeks - night
Perform - 4 caps - 4 weeks - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
FinaFlex Pure Test - 6 caps - 6 weeks - 3 caps AM, 3 caps PM
FinaFlex Ignite 2 - 1 scoop - 4 weeks - Pre workout

PCT black will only be used on cycle if I have any estrogen related sides. PureTest will be started one week before PCT. I will also be running a multi vitamin, probably talos and Achilles. I am going to try and be more in depth with my work outs. Plan right now is Monday thru Friday.

Monday - 5 minute warmup then biceps and triceps
Tuesday - 5 mi ute warmup then back and shoulders
Wednesday - 45 minutes cardio
Thursday - 5 minute warmup then legs
Friday - 5 minute warmup then chest

Goals:
My plan is to gain only lean muscle and lose as much body fat as I can while gaining said lean mass. I think this will be a fun ride. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I am going to.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Reserved for final review

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I'm no posing expert and my fiancé is no photographer but here they are.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
This log is going to officially start when the alpha comes in then it's go time. Should be a Wednesday morning start.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you bean!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
In dude!! That's one sick cycle you got laid out!! Im drooling just reading it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for this!

I'm on that 4-a-day Alpha as well for 60 days; curious to see how it treats you w the XD and Epi-V. I realize money doesn't grow on trees but if you could spring for the product I'd consider bridging the epi v at least the last week of the XD; an extra bottle could supply that extra week and let you run the 4 caps e/d you were contemplating.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed for them gains!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
In dude!! That's one sick cycle you got laid out!! Im drooling just reading it.
In for this!

I'm on that 4-a-day Alpha as well for 60 days; curious to see how it treats you w the XD and Epi-V. I realize money doesn't grow on trees but if you could spring for the product I'd consider bridging the epi v at least the last week of the XD; an extra bottle could supply that extra week and let you run the 4 caps e/d you were contemplating.
Subbed for them gains!
I'm glad to have you guys. Gym time in t-1 hour. Again cycle has not started yet.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Well genomyx origin starting to go down the shoot and then off to the gym for back and shoulders, shoulder are feeling good as I have had shoulder problems for the past 5+ years but ART chiropractic has done a great job fixing this. However I am having nagging lower back pain which he is also working on fixing but does not seem to be doing a whole bunch for it which is alot different then what he did for my shoulder. I'm still going to hit back hard but il be leaving out bent over BB rows. Legggooo

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well genomyx origin starting to go down the shoot and then off to the gym for back and shoulders, shoulder are feeling good as I have had shoulder problems for the past 5+ years but ART chiropractic has done a great job fixing this. However I am having nagging lower back pain which he is also working on fixing but does not seem to be doing a whole bunch for it which is alot different then what he did for my shoulder. I'm still going to hit back hard but il be leaving out bent over BB rows. Legggooo
I hardly ever do bent over rows anymore. Yates rows seem to agree with me more and I can lift more weight. Just gotta make sure to get a full stretch at the bottom and hold the contractions tight.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the bent over rows. Just need to make sure I don't let my back round over. Luckily my ART doctor does ironmans so he is knowledgable on lifting.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Yeah I'm will you bent over rows are murder on my lower back.. Sometimes you need to get creative to work around a injury!!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm just working with it. ART appointment tonight after a stop at the fish market :)

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
You know what's funny is I started out doing bent over rows just like Yates rows. Then I did them alittle more bent over, I try doing less of an arc and see where that gets me,

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Well guys it official I will be starting this cycle tomorrow morning. I have not received the product yet but I already have 1 bottle so that will get me going till tomorrow when i should get the package. Il then snap a picture of all the product together, also taking starting pictures tonight.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Also had a rotated L2 which my chiropractor fixed and did a lot of adjustments in my neck and all over my back. ART is the best thing that happened to me, thanks Kleen.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Nice I'm ready to get this party started!! I've yet to try ART but looks like I'm going to have too been hearing a lot of great things about it.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Pictures on page 1 post 3

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - 145.5 (0lbs)

Well guys day 1 of the cycle, 2 alpha, 2 550xd, 1 thermadex, 2 perform, and 2 Achilles. I think I'm going to omit the Achilles though and just see how I feel.

First day went well other then my stomach is pretty pissed off right now for some reason or another. Performed 35 minutes of elliptical work started out doing hit and then my heart was kind of bothering me. For people that don't know me as well I had a pretty bad battle with heart palpitations. Ended up going to the hospital once but it was deemed there just from stress and anxiety but when I continually jack my heart rate up and down I start not to feel well. So as much as I love HIIT I'm going to have to stop doing that to make sure I keep my heart in check.

Tomorrow will be leg day. For people that did not see I posted my pictures. Kinda interesting because I have never seen my back when doing a rear double bi and its kinda nice to see that I actually notice my lats now which is nice and that I'm actually taking on some sort of V shape I believe. But anyway all is good.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap. U look like ur 14 years old!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Lol that's what happens when I shave my face. Believe it or not I'm 24.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Come on man geez
Your looking good just messing with you. Sorry to hear about the heart issue def lay off the HIIT. I find a 30 min inclined speed walk does the trick just fine. Get your arms going and focus on keeping your core tight and you get one hell of a burn.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You don't need no stinking HIIT, you're lean as hell! You'll do just fine with whatev cardio you choose as long as you stay sharp on your diet - sounds like you've got a good idea of what's been working for your body.

Heavy bentover rows can bug me too, I wear a belt if I feel the back needs the support. And the 550xd has some arimistane in it and 1-alpha and epi-v are pretty dry so I doubt you'll have need for Revolution on cycle like you said.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Your looking good just messing with you. Sorry to hear about the heart issue def lay off the HIIT. I find a 30 min inclined speed walk does the trick just fine. Get your arms going and focus on keeping your core tight and you get one hell of a burn.
Yeah I figure something out. Thanks for the advice B.

You don't need no stinking HIIT, you're lean as hell! You'll do just fine with whatev cardio you choose as long as you stay sharp on your diet - sounds like you've got a good idea of what's been working for your body.

Heavy bentover rows can bug me too, I wear a belt if I feel the back needs the support. And the 550xd has some arimistane in it and 1-alpha and epi-v are pretty dry so I doubt you'll have need for Revolution on cycle like you said.
I know I don't need it. I almost do it more as conditioning, kinda like working out my lungs. I have bad asthma so I do it to keep my lungs in shape if that makes any sense. Iv worn a back brace during the day before but never when working out. I don't plan on it either as with the way I am it will provide more support but also cover up if I am doing more damage so I avoid wearing them for that reason. If I was lifting super heavy I would consider buying one. I'm not one for 1 rep maxes. Il be starting a workout book today so il be able to list all my light weight leg lifts lol.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I agree on the HIIT I hate it and think it is not needed IMO I know ill get flamed for saying that but like stated above I believe, from experience walking at an incline or the stair climber work best for me. But to each their own. Looking lean bud put in the work and eat and this will be fun for sure :)

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I agree on the HIIT I hate it and think it is not needed IMO I know ill get flamed for saying that but like stated above I believe, from experience walking at an incline or the stair climber work best for me. But to each their own. Looking lean bud put in the work and eat and this will be fun for sure :)
Thanks bean, your log gives me a ton of motivation. If I'm having a down day I just read your log dude, stuff gets me going. Keep killing it dude.

+1 to that. Bent over rows TUT just isn't there . I'm in btw you'll be up in the 160 range soon enough :D
Thanks for joining EM. 160 would be great but like I said, I would like to get leaner and bigger so this run even though I be putting up daily weight it's more about the pictures.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - 144.5 (-1.0lbs)

So today was leg day. First thing first is my squats I keep at 5 reps not because I'm tired but because that is about as much up and Down as my knees can take for some reason. Also the seated cable legs press is annoying because the weight is nothing like a plated leg press which I like better but anyway. One other thing I noticed today and yesterday is I am getting dizzy after every set. I'm wondering if it is the thermadex since the finaflex products have not kicked in yet. Il see what some of you guys say and I might end up dropping it. Well here it is first time I have ever kept track of my workout. Only gave enough rest to write down the set.

5 minute elliptical warmup

Seated cable leg press
2 warmup sets
90x10
110x10
130x10
150x10
190x10

Seated cable calf extensions
2 warmup sets
110x10
130x10
130x10
70x10 - 2 second pause at full extension

Smith machine squats - not counting the bar as any weight
2 warmup sets
70x10
90x5
110x5
140x5

Cool down stretch

I hate using a smith for squats but since there is no power rack then it's what I have to use. My leg day is also my shortest day. You will see with chest tomorrow there is alot more volume.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Right here!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - 143.5 (-2.0lbs)

Ok so I'm feeling alot better today so safe to say I'm never taking thermadex again. But anyway today was chest day and it went pretty well I would say. I felt good with only alittle pain in my left shoulder. My ART doctor is working on my lumbar region of my back because of some vertebrae issues.

Flat BB Bench
2 warmup sets
90x10
90x10
110x10
135x5
135x5
65x15

Incline DB Bench - did one set with 30s then 15s, 3 complete sets
30x15
15x13
30x10
15x15
30x10
15x12

Cable fly - slightly bent over at waist, chest out
10x15
15x12
15x10
20x7
10x10

Wide push-ups superset with tricep push-ups
WPx20
TPx10
WPx15
TPx5

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love finishing off a great chest workout with some wide grip pushups to really stretch the chest out and get even more blood into it.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my chest felt really full when I got done. I generally always finish with a set or two to get a nice stretch in my shoulders.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Day 3 - 143.5 (-2.0lbs)

Ok so I'm feeling alot better today so safe to say I'm never taking thermadex again. But anyway today was chest day and it went pretty well I would say. I felt good with only alittle pain in my left shoulder. My ART doctor is working on my lumbar region of my back because of some vertebrae issues.

Flat BB Bench
2 warmup sets
90x10
90x10
110x10
135x5
135x5
65x15

Incline DB Bench - did one set with 30s then 15s, 3 complete sets
30x15
15x13
30x10
15x15
30x10
15x12

Cable fly - slightly bent over at waist, chest out
10x15
15x12
15x10
20x7
10x10

Wide push-ups superset with tricep push-ups
WPx20
TPx10
WPx15
TPx5
Solid workout buddy! Keep pushing yourself like that and watch yourself grow!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout buddy! Keep pushing yourself like that and watch yourself grow!
I am bean. Just pushing as much as I can. My back felt a lot better today after my appointment last night. I have 2 messed up muscles or tendons at the top of my legs and when there tight it causes my hips to push forward when I stand up straight. Today I feel much better.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I love finishing off a great chest workout with some wide grip pushups to really stretch the chest out and get even more blood into it.
I tried doing pushups for my last exercise after my chest workout.... I got out 2 lol talk about embarrassing :D

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried doing pushups for my last exercise after my chest workout.... I got out 2 lol talk about embarrassing :D
That's awesome. Means you worked your ass off! Now if it was two BEFORE your workout then you would be in trouble.Lol

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome. Means you worked your ass off! Now if it was two BEFORE your workout then you would be in trouble.Lol
I supersetted seated flys with wide grip push-ups. Yeah when your doing 2 push-ups you know someone that has no clue looking at you laughing.