Time to MonteGROW like a Finaflex Freak!

Page 113 of 116 First ... 111112113114115 ... Last

1. the weight you had on that row vid was beastly

lookin large and sleek mate! time for some manscaping on that upper back tho..

keep mauling it, you gonna ride this effort to big things indeed

2. Lol. Yeah I was just doing those to make the video for a couple guys who were wondering about them. We're not part of the session today.

Yeah I gotta clean that back up.....how do y'all do it btw? I'm very curious lol.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Lol. Yeah I was just doing those to make the video for a couple guys who were wondering about them. We're not part of the session today.

Yeah I gotta clean that back up.....how do y'all do it btw? I'm very curious lol.
    Appreciate you taking the time to do so Montana.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

Appreciate you taking the time to do so Montana.
    No problem at all brother. I wish I had saw the video I saw a long time ago....would have saved thousands of wasted reps.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    So here is a video I made today showing how I do the reverse grip BB rows. @wasme @drewsicle3210

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCwjajnv9s

The slower reps are the ROWING motion. The faster reps are WRONG. The fast reps are how 99% of people do rows and this is NOT hitting your lats much at all. Upper back? Yeah sure but not the lats.
    Perfect, thanks bro.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    lotta different ways, from trimmer to razors to nair..
    for that particular spot, would prolly use a beard trimmer, is actually what I use everywhere for maintenance and GP
    showtime might require something bit more extensive, like blades
    I do not like nair, at all

7. Beard trimmers and make the wife do it. Nair worked great for me the first time I used it but after that broke me out in a god awful rash/bumps. Ill Never use it again
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

8. How do you reach is what I meant

9. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    How do you reach is what I meant
    The wife....in between making me a sammich and doing dishes
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

10. Gonna have to fashion up a pole to hang my trimmer on....

11. FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

12. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    they got tools for everything now don't they....

13. Problem solved

Name:  IMG_20131111_220141.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  137.8 KB

14. Oh how I love the G8......9 hours last night.
    In other new my legs hurt. Especially in the glute area baby gonna have back!

15. I'm surprised that no one mentioned the little bit of butt-wink you have going on with your squats in the last vids of them that you posted. Be aware of butt-wink, as it will slowly (or maybe quickly) start to take a toll on your lower back.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Oh how I love the G8......9 hours last night.
    In other new my legs hurt. Especially in the glute area baby gonna have back!
    Where in the world do you guys find 8+ hours during the week to sleep? Kid free?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

17. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Where in the world do you guys find 8+ hours during the week to sleep? Kid free?
    Kid free, or duct tape for those who are not!
    FINAFLEX REP

18. Alright homie, because I love you...

Name:  image-1497727073.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  248.9 KB

Solid depth, knees are out, back looks good, but...
    Right heel is caving (most likely due to untied shoes or the inability of canvas to support your weight). Fix...lace up the shoes or get something with more support that won't allow your foot to shift to the inside like that.

19. Also, the butt-wink

Name:  image-2386339918.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  233.2 KB

If you watch the video, you'll see your ass push up while your lower back arches. You want to try to keep your spine erect as much as possible, especially in the lumbar area to prevent injury. Drive with your heels. Front squats teach core stability (abdomen and lower back) because you have to remain upright to keep to weight in the front rack.

20. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post

Nope not kid free. Yesterday and the day before were my days off work. My four year old goes to pre k at noon so I'm at home with her every morning since I work second shift.

Off days I go to bed around ten or eleven and sleep till eight. Normally when she wakes me up for breakfast after momma leaves lol.

Working days I get in bed around 3 am and sleep till eight. Those days suck lol.

21. Yesterday's session. I'll post some more in depth info in a second.

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    Set 1 : 30.0x10
    Set 2 : 30.0x10
    Set 3 : 30.0x10
    Set 4 : 30.0x10
    Set 5 : 30.0x10
    Set 6 : 30.0x10
    Set 7 : 30.0x9
    Set 8 : 30.0x9
    Set 9 : 30.0x10
    Set 10 : 30.0x9

Wide Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown
    Set 1 : 165.0x10
    Set 2 : 165.0x10
    Set 3 : 165.0x10
    Set 4 : 165.0x10
    Set 5 : 165.0x10
    Set 6 : 165.0x10
    Set 7 : 165.0x9
    Set 8 : 165.0x9
    Set 9 : 165.0x8
    Set 10 : 165.0x8

(Fewer sets...strange huh?)
    Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Fly
    Set 1 : 50.0x12
    Set 2 : 50.0x12

Dumbbell Rows (weight for each atm at a time)
    Set 1 : 80.0x10
    Set 2 : 80.0x9

22. Today's training

Barbell Incline Bench Press
    Set 1 : 165.0x10
    Set 2 : 165.0x10
    Set 3 : 165.0x10
    Set 4 : 165.0x10
    Set 5 : 165.0x9
    Set 6 : 165.0x9
    Set 7 : 165.0x9
    Set 8 : 165.0x10
    Set 9 : 165.0x9
    Set 10 : 165.0x10

Barbell Reverse Grip Row
    Set 1 : 185.0x10
    Set 2 : 185.0x10
    Set 3 : 185.0x10
    Set 4 : 185.0x10
    Set 5 : 185.0x10
    Set 6 : 185.0x10
    Set 7 : 185.0x9
    Set 8 : 185.0x10
    Set 9 : 185.0x10
    Set 10 : 185.0x10

No accessory lifts? What?

23. Ok here is the deal....I've meet my match. GVT is officially kicking my ass. The DOMS aren't really BAD but they are different.....UNDER the muscle if you have ever experienced that. I'm also experiencing some muscle exhaustion like never before.

The last two days after my big sets I was completely spent. Today doing incline my triceps felt like they were about to rip the fk out of my arms and wiggle around on the floor they hurt so bad. While doing rows there was no way I could keep the tempo as slow as I should have (wasn't bad more like 3-0-1 though). With straps I could have pulled it off but meh.

I've always been a volume FREAK but this is just different........even being enhanced right now I'm feeling some over training because I have NEVER cut a session short due to exhaustion.

I've skimped on rest days lately thinking I was fine and because I know my body really well but this snuck up on me the last two days. (Yeah I know rest is important don't need anyone throwing that out there it'll just piss me off).

Taking a day tomorrow and probably the next day as well to recoup and get my mind right. I've also forgot to take into account I've been in a calorie deficit for a while....it's not a big one but a sustained one for quite a while.

Just sharing this with everyone especially the guys ruining GVT right now along with me.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    (Yeah I know rest is important don't need anyone throwing that out there it'll just piss me off).
    I think he means me

Just sharing this with everyone especially the guys ruining GVT right now along with me.
    yup - you don't rest correctly, you ruin GVT, indeed

25. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    You're ruining GVT or it's ruining you?

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I think he means me

yup - you don't rest correctly, you ruin GVT, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    You're ruining GVT or it's ruining you?
    Smart asses. It was a typo. Running GVT.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Ok here is the deal....I've meet my match. GVT is officially kicking my ass. The DOMS aren't really BAD but they are different.....UNDER the muscle if you have ever experienced that. I'm also experiencing some muscle exhaustion like never before.
    I have noticed this as well. And definitely starting to feel the need to take follow the protocol of 2 on 1 off, instead of thinking I can just roll with 4 on 1 off. I think it is all down to the tempo - it is exhausting.
    FINAFLEX REP

28. This is one of the reasons I recommend you all do it as written or change some of the exercises but not add to it. It is abusive when you try to add extra days without adding extra recovery day in the mix too. You are both running an extra day in a program that requires extreme recovery. Typically as written it goes into back thickness in phase 2 of the program with rows, and dead lifts. I think you could add in the days you are doing, but then do it in a rolling fashion instead of building the program into a week. Even an EOD workout would spread things out and you would get all four days in every 8 days instead of a week.

Also just looking at the last two workouts, I might rearrange them. Doing back width one day with rear delts then hitting back thickness the next day is a lot on your back. There is just too much carry over between the movements effecting the same muscles so you are effectively hitting the lats and rear delts 2 days in a row back to back. I would put legs between them, something like Chest & Back thickness / Legs / Shoulder & Back width / Arms to see if that helps.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

29. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Chest & Back thickness / Legs / Shoulder & Back width / Arms to see if that helps.
    This is how mine is set up. I have been trying to do all 4 days then a day off, but I am seeing I need to adhere to 2 on 1 off. I also have a 5/6 exercise but finding that ok at this point. Unless that means I am not really giving the GVT part everything I have. Liking it so far though.
    FINAFLEX REP

30. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    real men go barefoot just like Arnold did back in the day... old school never dies
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Gonna be a FST7 style 2nd day. Heavier weights with a tad less volume and rest. Lunges, SLDL, Extensions and Leg press probably. I'm definitely watching the recovery time on legs when I start using the extra day of course. Should always be at least four days removed from the last leg day if all goes according to plan.
    Throw 3 second negatives in on those LP and thank me later :-).

Looking good bromie!! Get that rest indeed
    Independent
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:27 PM
  2. Replies: 420
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 11:49 PM
  4. Looks like it might be time to stock up
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Anabolics