"Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

"Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log.

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So far, all I have to add is that the recommendation is that the weight be between 40-60% 1RM. My sorry ass is gearing more toward the 40% range. Haha.

Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    5 sets of 10 with 3 exercise is 15 sets, that is more than what is involved in GVT, it is 10 sets of 10 on ONE exercise per body part at 60% of your 1RM. You can add in 3 sets of an ancillary exercise but the premise is the 10 sets of 10 at 60% of your 1 rep max. Typically 2 body parts done per workout and in a staggered superset fashion.

It is cool for you to have done it and not like it but until it has been done trust me it is an entirely different animal than you think. Sets 1-5 typically not hard at all, 6-7 you tend to fail to get 10 reps 8-9 sometimes you will get back up to 10 or increase reps then 10 you probably aint gonna get 10 if you do you go up.
    so you are doing 20 total sets if you are doing 2 body parts 60% maybe it's not as bad is some of the ones I use to do when I think about it. I would still rather less sets. When I do 3 execises that would be like an arm and shoulder day. Anything else would be 2 exercises. I used to to this for a 2 day split and do 3 or 4 exercises but I think I would be dead if I did that now.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So far, all I have to add is that the recommendation is that the weight be between 40-60% 1RM. My sorry ass is gearing more toward the 40% range. Haha.
    Yah I would start at 40% and try to be progressive.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

so you are doing 20 total sets if you are doing 2 body parts 60% maybe it's not as bad is some of the ones I use to do when I think about it. I would still rather less sets. When I do 3 execises that would be like an arm and shoulder day. Anything else would be 2 exercises. I used to to this for a 2 day split and do 3 or 4 exercises but I think I would be dead if I did that now.
    I did 26 sets yesterday (chest and back)
    10x10 decline DBs palms facing each other
    10x10 pulldowns palms facing me (supposed to be chin-ups but I'm not at a point where I can do 100 chins)
    3x12 incline flyes
    3x12 1 arm DB bent-over rows
    In and out of the gym in less than 45 minutes and I'm sore as hell today.
    It's quick and feels efficient. I like it so far. We'll see what a few weeks of it does for me.
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Yeah it is about as much volume as you do on the HST if you consider your warm ups as sets since the weight is so light with GVT there is no warm up set the weights just feel heaver with every set. It is interesting for certain. Definitely not for the person who does not want to work hard though. It will put you through the paces.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Yeah it is about as much volume as you do on the HST if you consider your warm ups as sets since the weight is so light with GVT there is no warm up set the weights just feel heaver with every set. It is interesting for certain. Definitely not for the person who does not want to work hard though. It will put you through the paces.
    It feels like warm up sets for the first 3. After that, not so much.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I did 26 sets yesterday (chest and back)
    10x10 decline DBs palms facing each other
    10x10 pulldowns palms facing me (supposed to be chin-ups but I'm not at a point where I can do 100 chins)
    3x12 incline flyes
    3x12 1 arm DB rows
    In and out of the gym in less than 45 minutes and I'm sore as hell today.
    It's quick and feels efficient. I like it so far. We'll see what a few weeks of it does for me.
    I thought GVT was all compound lifting ... 26 is a lot but given they were isolated. Here's how I like to to that type of training I would intensify with giant sets. I call it muscle satruation and it's very good for precontest training. I would take 3 exercises for chest all isolated so just with the db's I would go a drop for all these so I set is actually 6 sets X the 3 working sets = 18 sets just for chest but done more intensely. It's isolated to that is a horse of a different color. I will do my back with something very simliar so another 18 sets = 36 sets and I will throw in weighted lat shrugs as a 4th exercise so add 3 more sets for a total of 39 and ithis needs to be down in aobut 45 minutes. Oh yah you can hammer with isolation. It just about kills you the first time out. Even though it works out to a fair amount of volume it's the intensity that makes it good.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Now we may be getting close to agreeing I just saw GVT and remembered the 10 X 10 of compound exercises.
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

I'm learning a lot of new stuff coming back to AM. I'm glad I'm logging, as a lot of the stuff I'm learning is contained in the log I'm keeping, and the ones I'm subscribed to. I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, and a lot of ways to get there. This is good.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I'm learning a lot of new stuff coming back to AM. I'm glad I'm logging, as a lot of the stuff I'm learning is contained in the log I'm keeping, and the ones I'm subscribed to. I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, and a lot of ways to get there. This is good.
    Plenty of ways to skin a Cat I guess... always lots to learn on this board and we have an expert team. I can be old and stubborn sometimes though....well ... a lot of times. It's just that as I have gotten older the less is more policy has been golden for me. I often wonder if I hadn't been doing too much volume all along. There is volume and there is volume on isolaton which is much less taxing for the body than volume on compound exercises which is really more of what I against, for my situation anyway.
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Yeah, your muscle saturation workout is fun too.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

supersets..double-doubles..giant sets..and always speed, baby, speed -- now we are getting into my own preferences
    is why i think i enjoy contest prep so damn much - the training is right up my alley
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yeah, your muscle saturation workout is fun too.
    I love warrior too and it offers a good contrast to prepare for saturation workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    supersets..double-doubles..giant sets..and always speed, baby, speed -- now we are getting into my own preferences
    is why i think i enjoy contest prep so damn much - the training is right up my alley
    Yah it's in my wheelhouse as well.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Poliquin's view on fish oil never made sense to me personally, and I can think of a couple folks that even did logs on it here in AM (EasyJEL) that had nothing to show for it besides an excellent cholesterol profile.

GVT is just a simple program that produces results. Most programs will when truly understood. Would I follow Poliquin's protocols while heavily dieting? Hell no. It took me a few tries to get it right, as does any program for me. The ten sets of ten is certainly based on compound exercises, is meant to tax the cns, conditioning, and willpower of anyone following the program. Too much self modification and it is not GVT, it is something else. Not saying self modification isn't productive, but I as a trainer have yet to see this program not produce phenomenal results when executed correctly. It is designed to push yourself past failure, in more ways than simply strength. I encourage any skeptic to follow the program for a minimum of three weeks, not skimping on any detail, and see where it takes them.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Poliquin's view on fish oil never made sense to me personally, and I can think of a couple folks that even did logs on it here in AM (EasyJEL) that had nothing to show for it besides an excellent cholesterol profile.

GVT is just a simple program that produces results. Most programs will when truly understood. Would I follow Poliquin's protocols while heavily dieting? Hell no. It took me a few tries to get it right, as does any program for me. The ten sets of ten is certainly based on compound exercises, is meant to tax the cns, conditioning, and willpower of anyone following the program. Too much self modification and it is not GVT, it is something else. Not saying self modification isn't productive, but I as a trainer have yet to see this program not produce phenomenal results when executed correctly. It is designed to push yourself past failure, in more ways than simply strength. I encourage any skeptic to follow the program for a minimum of three weeks, not skimping on any detail, and see where it takes them.
    We developed a few hybrids based the the same principles and I know what the premise is, I still don't buy into though. I have had much more success avoiding overwork than I have using these types of protocols, again could be an age thing. Have to do what works for me.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Poliquin's view on fish oil never made sense to me personally, and I can think of a couple folks that even did logs on it here in AM (EasyJEL) that had nothing to show for it besides an excellent cholesterol profile..
    i didn't run a log, but i too experimented with protocol
    felt decent, no deleterious effects - but increased test?
    uh, simply no
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

So, yesterday wasn't such a great day. After lunch things went downhill. By 430pm I felt like i had been hit by a train. Dry heaving isn't fun. I went home and was asleep by 545. I woke up a few times during the night sweating and generally feeling like ass. This morning isn't much better. I took my PXB and I've got some energy but overall I still feel like crap, physically. Here's the bonus...I can't eat. My stomach feels like there's a bunch of little people in it trying to punch their way out. PXB is keeping my appetite down, so that helps a lot. Being sick is stupid, good thing it only happens to me once every couple of years. I didn't have any problems sleeping last night, for 14 hours.
    Needless to say, no gym today. Oh well.
    Tomorrow morning will be my first weigh-in since starting PXB and I may just post some pics. Holler.
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Sucks you are not feeling good but it really says something about how smooth PX Black is considering you can still take it on an empty stomach.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

So, yesterday wasn't such a great day. After lunch things went downhill. By 430pm I felt like i had been hit by a train. Dry heaving isn't fun. I went home and was asleep by 545. I woke up a few times during the night sweating and generally feeling like ass. This morning isn't much better. I took my PXB and I've got some energy but overall I still feel like crap, physically. Here's the bonus...I can't eat. My stomach feels like there's a bunch of little people in it trying to punch their way out. PXB is keeping my appetite down, so that helps a lot. Being sick is stupid, good thing it only happens to me once every couple of years. I didn't have any problems sleeping last night, for 14 hours.
    Needless to say, no gym today. Oh well.
    Tomorrow morning will be my first weigh-in since starting PXB and I may just post some pics. Holler.
    Hah I read that and reached for 3 Echinacea...
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Sucks you are not feeling good but it really says something about how smooth PX Black is considering you can still take it on an empty stomach.
    I take it on an empty stomach every morning. I have had no adverse effects. I find that it hits a little faster, but you're right, it's still smooth.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I may just post some pics. Holler.
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Uggh feel better amigo.
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Uggh feel better amigo.
    Already starting to. Thanks.
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

So, feeling a bit better. PXB is great. I don't know how bad I'd feel today without it.
    On another note, I haven't run any cycles for a long time (it shows in my physique). Tomorrow I'm going down and getting bloodwork done to see where all of my levels are. Just out of curiosity really, but in a way because I haven't felt awesome for a while. Is it bad to hope for the worst, as far as test levels go? I'm 34 and don't feel 18 anymore, and I had an easy time putting on fat over the past couple of years.
    So I'll miss my morning dose of PXB tomorrow, but I'll take it right after my blood is drawn.
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: "Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log.

So, feeling a bit better. PXB is great. I don't know how bad I'd feel today without it.
    On another note, I haven't run any cycles for a long time (it shows in my physique). Tomorrow I'm going down and getting bloodwork done to see where all of my levels are. Just out of curiosity really, but in a way because I haven't felt awesome for a while. Is it bad to hope for the worst, as far as test levels go? I'm 34 and don't feel 18 anymore, and I had an easy time putting on fat over the past couple of years.
    So I'll miss my morning dose of PXB tomorrow, but I'll take it right after my blood is drawn.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Keep us updated on how the blood work pans out.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Still taking PX while sick....that is hardcore dedication.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Still taking PX while sick....that is hardcore dedication.

Well, I used some brologic and said, "if this stuff makes me feel great on days when I feel decent, I'm sure it will make me feel decent on a day when I feel like shlt". Brologic worked and I was able to get through the funk. I consumed about 450 calories total yesterday, and only because I forced myself to eat.
    Looking back through my logs over the past couple of weeks since being on PXB, I'm averaging around 1500 cals and I don't feel like I'm lacking energy. There has been a couple of days where I got up to 2200 cals consumed but when subtracting exercise, still somewhere around 1800 I'd guess.
    Today was supposed to be my first weigh-in since starting. I'll try to get down to my undies and give the doc a little show before getting labs today so I can get an accurate weight reading.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I may just post some pics. down to my undies. when I feel like shlt. after getting bloodwork done to see where all of my test levels are. Holler.

Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Keep us updated on how the blood work pans out.
    Thank you sir. I think I just had a 24 hour bug or something. I'll post results of my bloodwork if there's anything crazy going on.

I want to point out that me getting bloods drawn has nothing to do with PXB. In the beginning of January I had a physical exam. My cholesterol came back on the high end of normal. Two years prior, my cholesterol was on the very low end of normal. Today I will have cholesterol, test, estrogen and everything else screened so I can get a good idea of what's going on inside of me. Looking back at the approximately two years I let myself slide, I realize that I didn't feel quite "normal", as in I didn't have the "drive" that I had when I was younger. These are my reasons for getting labs.
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

That brought me to tears. You have way too much time on your hands...
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

That brought me to tears. You have way too much time on your hands...
    And you Sir are too emotional. Tears... SHEESH!
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Starting weight= +/-191

Weight as of this moment=182.4
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Starting weight= +/-191

Weight as of this moment=182.4
    WOW!
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

WOW!
    You saw the pics. Something's working.
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Very nice man way to drop that weight.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Nice...
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Very nice man way to drop that weight.
    Well, got plenty of bad weight to drop. Some of it was body hair that I trimmed...

Nice...
    Thanks sir, the pics will tell all. So far I'm showing some good improvement.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

for sure, you're doing great man

Some of it was body hair that I trimmed...
    at least .5 lb from that, by my estimation
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

for sure, you're doing great man

at least .5 lb from that, by my estimation
    That still puts me down 8lbs even with the manscaping.
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

What pics? Did i miss something?

Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

Similar Forum Threads

1. PX BLACK log
    By Cary K in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
  2. EPIC Mis-Quote promo by LG
    By lukehayd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 351
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM
  3. USP labs and PES helps LTL get shredded for summer!
    By LiveToLift in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 286
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM
  4. Trying to gain 25lbs by summer
    By jeffbaxley in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
  5. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM