1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

52 Year Old 1Andro/550XD Log

Hi Everyone. I've read this site for over a year now and finally decided to try the PH route to increasing my strength and body mass. After much research I've settled on a stack of Finaflex 1-Andro and XD550 with a PCT of Revolution for my very first cycle.

Now, with this said, I've searched this forum and many others looking for information and found quite a bit. In addition I've contacted ScottyDoc and specifically asked questions. One thing I had trouble with was that I couldn't find anyone my age that is cycling PH to compare and learn from. As you know there is quite a difference between a 20 something lifter and a 50 something.

Before I go futher, is anyone interested in me logging this? I've started my cycle on Oct 22.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I'm in if you start the log! I'd suggest you to buy a bottle or two of Pure Test to start at the last week of the cycle and to be ran along with PCT Black. I love Pure Test and it really helped with PCT, it makes your libido go through the roof!

You may find other older lifters from Anabolic Sections +35years area.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

I am 54 and use milder PH's mostly without much issue. Anything you would like to know feel free to ask and I am a Finaflex rep...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i am i'm 51 and did andro and epi earlier this year. got quite cut with epi v it shreds very well at low dosage. i am currently looking into 1 aplhan /550 for december run. go with it i will follow.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

3 Weeks In to My Cycle

Today marked the end of the third week into my cycle.

I'm taking 1 cap Andro-1 and 1 cap 550XD in the morning and the same 12 hours later. At bedtime I take 1 cap of Revolution PCT. I'm also taking fish oil, glucosamine, muti vitamin, BCAA's and Creatrona. If I feel lethargic then I use Ignite 2.

I have to tell you fellas that this stuff works! Here is a summary of the changes so far:

Weight: started at 151.1 and is now at 160.4 lbs
    Workout: Workouts are completed in the morning (6 AM) and last 1 hour every day hitting a pull then push muscle group.
    Standing Military Press: started at 2x106x5,2x116x4,2x126x2,1x131x 1 and is now at 2x106x5,2x116x5,2x126x5,2x136x 4,1x146x1
    Flat Bench Press: started at 1x146x10,1x166x10,1x186x4,1x20 6x1 and is now at 1x146x10,1x166x10,1x186x5,1x20 6x4,1x226x1
    Incline Bench Press: started at 1x136x10,1x146x10,1x156x6,1x16 6x4,1x176x2,1x186x1 and is now at 1x136x10,1x146x10,1x166x5,1x17 6x4,1x186x3,1x196x2,1x206x1

Mood: Energy levels are through the roof. The feeling of "kill the weights".
    Libido: Down a bit. Have noticed testicles ache a bit and are smaller in size.
    Recovery Time: This is the most important item to me. My recovery time is amazingly fast. Soreness that would have stopped me from working out before cycle is almost non-existent.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

looks good but i don't worry about maxing out with one rep. its just me but i don't worry about how much i can lift i just push to the pump and right at failure. i train alone so going to failure is harder for me with no spotter. how long do you rest between sets? finaflex i have found is the best without sides dreamweaver and scotty doc will guide you straight along with alot of others on here .listen to them about dosage they got it down. great to see us old guys doing stuff. i'll be checking in on you dude.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

Thanks Chefbo. I workout alone too and use my Ironmaster IM2000's safeties to guard me during max rep weight. My rest period between sets is 2 to 3 mins.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

ever tried hit training by dorian yates. three crusher sets one warm up to working 30 second rest in between. try it one day and tell me about the pump you experience. dorian says it si ok to pre exhaust the muscle the work ha been done the rest is just gravy n top like all negatives.check him out if you want at bodybuilding.com dorian yates blodd and guts videos (you tube too). i kinda slit between that type and just compound exercises during the bulk cycles more isolation during cutting. not to say i'm a pro at anything but it works for me because the less time i spend in the gym the better(time is limited) in and out i under 45 minutes. no cardio except when cutting for the summer. like to see you workout log to see how it compares , i might learn something . take care, fellow old bro!!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

It's good to hear that your energy is good and no lethargy, Yah there is not a lot of point to going under 5 reps in my opinion you can still work power with 5 reps. If your lifting for efficiency, that's different.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i love coming into a thread where i'm the youngster of the group.

in for observsation..OP you are getting some good guidance here on training.
    ditch the 1-rep set schemes, reorganize the training to get some more volume and intensity into the fray, and then you may just really be surprised at what this stack can do for you.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

Thanks Snag for joining in. Even though I'm an old lifter I welcome advice from the "young". Lol

I've used 5/3/1 before but it seems that the old fashioned pyramid reps scheme works for me. I've been lifting seriously for 4 years now. I'm open to revamping my workouts. Is there someone's log I can review? Someone that is in their 50's and is about 5'6" and 160 lbs? Grin. Don't want to redirect this Andro log so maybe I should start a new thread in training.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks Snag for joining in. Even though I'm an old lifter I welcome advice from the "young". Lol

I've used 5/3/1 before but it seems that the old fashioned pyramid reps scheme works for me. I've been lifting seriously for 4 years now. I'm open to revamping my workouts. Is there someone's log I can review? Someone that is in their 50's and is about 5'6" and 160 lbs? Grin. Don't want to redirect this Andro log so maybe I should start a new thread in training.
    So many ways you can go. I like full body workouts but also do 3 day splits and some heavier 2 day splits as well. You could look into HST training it's pretty easy to get going.

If you want to save your joints and make progress .. never go beyond form failure. Keep form very strict. Use progression start with at about 60 percent and add small increments as you go. I make tremendous progress using these principles and avoid injury.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

great advise dream use old fugs got to watch tath form ... we might break something!lol.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    great advise dream use old fugs got to watch tath form ... we might break something!lol.
    The reason I look as good as I do at my age is that I had to learn to train smart. I can't waist energy on something that I am not goingto see benetits for me. I only have so much gas in the tank so I have to find a way to get the best bang for my buck. I am progressng now as good as I ever did cuz I've learned how to tran smart. Have to make everythng count.

When I start a routine at low weigth I concentrate my effort with slower reps and really precise form so I am aching, yah you can make a 5 lb db work you if you know how to do it correctly... If you can't make 50% capacity make you sore then you are doing something wrong. This is where you build good habits as you move into the heavier sets later in the routine. This is where you solidify your mind muscle connection. Make it hurt...
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

old-fashioned pyramid is fine - there's a reason it's been around so long.
    12-10-8-8-8 reps are nice..10-10-8-8-6 is nice..even 8-7-6-5-5 will work.

you can reverse-pyramid too, starting heavier for less reps and going lighter for more reps, ie 8-12-15-20-20.

it's just the 1-rep maxes that i'm suggesting be kept to minimum.
    maybe take 1 or 2 days per month and max out - if the goal and interest for the max poundage is there.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Congrats on all the success so far. As far as specifics for older guys you don't have to worry too much regarding someone being the same size as you. What these gentlemen are getting at is the increased likelyhood of injury being over 35 and constantly going for max reps. A spotting machine can't really save you there because they are normally over use injuries or in then finishing portion of the rep so the safety will catch the bar when in crashes down but wont stop the tendons or cartilage from getting damaged.

Snags made some great suggestions as well as DW, I like the reverser pyramids quite a bit when I want to lift heavy but HST training is great for a progressive overload that will definitely add some size. There are many options and they all work and so is what you are doing now but you want to be careful with sudden strength increases and the fact that being older you have less collagen synthesis to repair tendons and ligaments. That is why the suggestions to limit extremely low reps unless of course power is the goal.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

Starting 5th week of cycle.

I'm still taking 1 cap Andro-1 and 1 cap 550XD in the morning and the same 12 hours later. At bedtime I take 1 cap of Revolution PCT. I'm also taking fish oil, glucosamine, muti vitamin, BCAA's and Creatrona. I'm now using Ignite 2 before every morning workout.

Weight: started at 151.1 now at 162.8 lbs
    Workout: Workouts are still using the pyramid to maximum. Thanks for all the suggestions
    Standing Military Press: 20 lb increase
    Flat Bench Press: 25 lb increase
    Incline Bench Press: 20 lb increase
    Deadlifts: 15 lb increase

Mood: feel good
    Sides: had headaches first week but now fine
    Libido: Almost completely gone. Looking forward to PCT True Test
    Recovery Time: Still amazingly fast. Soreness is almost non-existent.
    Physical Look: definitely more muscle definition
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

Man that is some awesome gains in a month. What's your caloric intake and macros. Have you gained much area fat (around)the belly.when I increases my carbs I started gaining it there. I am not running anything though right now.that could be it. Looks great though.good job.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%

I'm still taking 1 cap Andro-1 and 1 cap 550XD in the morning and the same 12 hours later. At bedtime I take 1 cap of Revolution PCT. I'm also taking fish oil, glucosamine, muti vitamin, BCAA's and Creatrona. I'm now using Ignite 2 before every morning workout.

Workout: Workouts are still using the pyramid to maximum. Thanks for all the suggestions

solid review, we appreciate the honesty and your devotion.
    as chefbo says, you have made incredible gains this past month.
    awesome work! and, keep at it.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

Thanks guys. I'm really quite amazed myself over the gains. Again, the best part is the reduced soreness after some heavy weight workouts.

My caloric intake is 2400. The only thing I missed adding to my log was that I use only "clean" protein isolates (Blue Bonnet and/or Jay Robb). I keep my protein to 1 gram per pound BW.

Minimal body fat around the stomach ( this is an area I easily gain in too). Here are a couple quick pics:
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Excellent work Sir! The PCT should be pretty enjoyable. Pure Test has shown to be very effective are you using PCT Revolution Black as well?

Also, Please remember to copy and paste your review into the product review section HERE
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

No sign of bloat or excess fat gain, so the the gains are likely very high quality..
  23. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

Which one you think caused the libido loss, 1-Andro or 550-XD? Or both?
    Olympus Labs Rep
    Olympus-labs.com - Products that will turn men into demigods!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    Which one you think caused the libido loss, 1-Andro or 550-XD? Or both?
    My money is on 1-andro...
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    My money is on 1-andro...

That's what I thought too.. But is it possible that being a 19-nor derivative, 550-XD raised prolactin levels and that has caused the problem?
    Olympus Labs Rep
    Olympus-labs.com - Products that will turn men into demigods!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    That's what I thought too.. But is it possible that being a 19-nor derivative, 550-XD raised prolactin levels and that has caused the problem?
    I know you would think that but I never came close to any libido problems on 550 but you don't really know. I know that I could shut down more on 1-andro given my experience with it's long time predecessor..
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

there ya go brother . now get some epi after you finish and shred like DW. that stuff will make you feather!
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    there ya go brother . now get some epi after you finish and shred like DW. that stuff will make you feather!
    Great finish product....
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%

Don't mean to jack the thread. But I recently bought a bottle of 1-Andro and 550XD. I'm 34 taken a couple PH before. I have been curious if I need more than one bottle of each. And if my plan is solid. Also bought the Redefine PCT and two bottles of PureTest.

My plan is to take 2 caps of 1 Andro for 4 weeks
    start 550 on Week 2 at 2 caps a day and also start PCT Week 2
    Will start Pure Test Week 3 at 4 caps for two weeks and increase to 6 caps per day after that until it runs out.

Has anyone added an Anti E to this stack?
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Don't mean to jack the thread. But I recently bought a bottle of 1-Andro and 550XD. I'm 34 taken a couple PH before. I have been curious if I need more than one bottle of each. And if my plan is solid. Also bought the Redefine PCT and two bottles of PureTest.

My plan is to take 2 caps of 1 Andro for 4 weeks
    start 550 on Week 2 at 2 caps a day and also start PCT Week 2
    Will start Pure Test Week 3 at 4 caps for two weeks and increase to 6 caps per day after that until it runs out.

Has anyone added an Anti E to this stack?
    Save your pct products for pct 550 has support in it. Your dose is a bit low for and experienced user but get your pct in order ..

I would be thinking maybe weeks 1-6 1-alpha or 1-andro at 4 ed then week 5-8 throw in the 550 at 4 ed then PCT something along those lines.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%

Would this be better?
    1 Andro
    Wk 1 2 caps
    Wk 2 4 caps
    Wk 3 4 caps
    Wk 4 4 caps
    Wk 5 2 caps
    Wk 6 1 cap
    Wk 7

Start 550 Wk 4 at 2 caps per day

Start Pure Test in Wk 4 as well.

PCT after Wk 7?
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%

not a bad plan..only thing i would suggest is keeping 1-andro dosage @ 4caps daily once you get there, no need to reverse-decrease.
    bridge Pure Test into pct.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%

so start at 2 caps Wk 1 and Wk 2 and finish with 4 caps per day, start 550 week 4 at 2 caps per day for four weeks

Do you have a suggestion for when to start Revolution PCT and Pure Test?
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    so start at 2 caps Wk 1 and Wk 2 and finish with 4 caps per day, start 550 week 4 at 2 caps per day for four weeks

Do you have a suggestion for when to start Revolution PCT and Pure Test?
    Pure Test beginning week 5 (overlap at least 2 weeks in pct..i would run this for 6 weeks total)

pct black can start when the cycle ends, no need to 'pre-load' it unless you need excess estrogen control while on cycle.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Pure Test beginning week 5 (overlap at least 2 weeks in pct..i would run this for 6 weeks total)

pct black can start when the cycle ends, no need to 'pre-load' it unless you need excess estrogen control while on cycle.
    Plus 550 has the support supps and the arimistane in it...
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.13%

Starting final or 6th week of cycle.

At end of this week I'll take 2 caps of Revolution PCT every night along with Pure Test at 6 caps per day spread at 2 every 6 hours.

Weight: started at 151.1 now at 165.2 lbs
    Workout: Workouts are still using the pyramid to maximum. Including some reverse pyramids now.

Strength has leveled off but the weights still "feel" lighter.
    Deadlifts: 20 lb increase

Sides: none
    Libido: Almost completely gone. Looking forward to PCT Pure Test

Will continue to work hard even during PCT. I'm interested to see how the body feels with no PH running through it.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

great results i hope mine can be as good . i'm starting dec 1 for a two month run 1 alpha then 550 . i am gonna run a bulk until april then go into a cut for two months probably runa a 1 aplha /epi-v run then for may/june. great job .
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Starting final or 6th week of cycle.

At end of this week I'll take 2 caps of Revolution PCT every night along with Pure Test at 6 caps per day spread at 2 every 6 hours.

Weight: started at 151.1 now at 165.2 lbs
    Workout: Workouts are still using the pyramid to maximum. Including some reverse pyramids now.

Strength has leveled off but the weights still "feel" lighter.
    Deadlifts: 20 lb increase

Sides: none
    Libido: Almost completely gone. Looking forward to PCT Pure Test

Will continue to work hard even during PCT. I'm interested to see how the body feels with no PH running through it.
    Very decent results...
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.29%

Decent, shoot 14 lbs out of a low dose stack is better than decent it's impressive! I would venture the shut down is from both, both are highly anabolic and mildly androgenic to so on their own they don't bring a massive androgen increase or have the ability to sustain the libido while shut down. Everyone's HPTA is completely different so it is hard to make any real speculations other than he was beginning to shut down and lost libido. Now his recovery depends on how sensitive his HPTA is to the stimulation he is applying with his PCT. I am pretty sure he will do well and be reporting libido increases before the end of the 2nd week with what he has planned.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Decent, shoot 14 lbs out of a low dose stack is better than decent it's impressive! I would venture the shut down is from both, both are highly anabolic and mildly androgenic to so on their own they don't bring a massive androgen increase or have the ability to sustain the libido while shut down. Everyone's HPTA is completely different so it is hard to make any real speculations other than he was beginning to shut down and lost libido. Now his recovery depends on how sensitive his HPTA is to the stimulation he is applying with his PCT. I am pretty sure he will do well and be reporting libido increases before the end of the 2nd week with what he has planned.
    Yes right considering the lower dose.

I know for me that different things may shut me down more. Most things don't hardly at all but i avoid the real harsh compounds. One thing that might get me is 1-alpha. We'll see though cuz most are reporting mild shutdown so I have high hopes.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 52 year old man wanting to start using anabolics
    By Jwilliams0805 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
  2. 52 Years Old - Need Diet Tips/Help
    By dklein061 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 06:32 AM
  3. 18 year old lifting and nutrition log
    By jonesBones40 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 12:27 AM
  4. 19 Years old, creating a photo log
    By motiv8erJR in forum Pics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 12:30 PM
  5. Wardog needs help with a 10 year old!
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 06:40 PM