Is the Gym a good place to find a date?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Is the Gym a good place to find a date?


    Is the Gym a good place to find a Date?

    Yes? No? Maybe? Elaborate on your answers please!

    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!


  2. Personally I like to seem some spandex wrapped azz in the gym... It's nice for the eye candy keeps the test up!! I don't tiink that the gym should be used as a place for dating gernerally but if you were to meat somebody you really like then I don't think it would be wrong to ask them out. Just that I don't want to see the gym turn into a singles bar type atmosphere. You sholdn't be going to the gym to meet women, it's a place to be about your business. If however you were to strike up a friendly relationship with someone and over time grew to like them I don't see anything wrong with you asking her out. I mean at least you know she takes care of herself. Now if she is there just to get picked up by guys, well that is not the girl I am talking about... you can meet that type in a bar.
    •   
       


  3. This is kind of being discussed here:
    Aproaching hotties at gym

  4. Not if your workout looks like the guy's in the pic...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  5. Lots of hot women go through Metroflex and everyone talks most of the time. Our gym is small so you know who has BFs pretty much within the first few times they are there as it always gets mentioned. I have yet to hit on anyone at that gym since I became a member, probably why I don't have any issues with people there. That said, I was shameless when I was at 24 hour fitness cause I really just didn't give a crap what anyone said, I was one of 200 people in there. 9 times out of 10 though, women aren't too excited to talk to you or are bad at showing interest cause they appear insecure all sweaty and in unflattering clothes. I found this out from a girls friend who apparently liked me but didn't have the stones to own up to it so I lost out; as much my fault as hers.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  6. About the only thing I could say to this would be the fact you have a common interest to start with. From there it's anyones guess...
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  7. I started this thread because I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on this issue... Some are of the mind-set that the gym is a sacred place where you go to work and then leave, others view it as a social gathering place, and others will use it as a mix of the two! Personally, I use it as a mix of the two, I am way too personal and personable to just workout and not get to know the people around me, I usually know all the men and less of the women, just because I tend to workout in the area where way more men are training as compared to women, but I still get to know all the regulars of both sexes. I definitely agree with AZMIDLYF that the gym is someplace we at least both have in common and then from there... well??? But there is also the opinion that women are there to workout and don't want to be talk to, flirted with, and/or hit on! Anyway, my overall two cents is as long as it is done in a friendly casual manner and you get to know someone before diving right in and treating it like a singles bar and trying to gather as many phone numbers as possible, etc. then it is ok!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I started this thread because I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on this issue... Some are of the mind-set that the gym is a sacred place where you go to work and then leave, others view it as a social gathering place, and others will use it as a mix of the two! Personally, I use it as a mix of the two, I am way too personal and personable to just workout and not get to know the people around me, I usually know all the men and less of the women, just because I tend to workout in the area where way more men are training as compared to women, but I still get to know all the regulars of both sexes. I definitely agree with AZMIDLYF that the gym is someplace we at least both have in common and then from there... well??? But there is also the opinion that women are there to workout and don't want to be talk to, flirted with, and/or hit on! Anyway, my overall two cents is as long as it is done in a friendly casual manner and you get to know someone before diving right in and treating it like a singles bar and trying to gather as many phone numbers as possible, etc. then it is ok!
    Yah it's not a place to find a date but if you meet someone special, come on you have ask her out for a beverage... I am ommitted from this scenario being a happily married man but if I were single it's not such a bad place to find quality women. Just be a gentleman. If you're just looking to get with someone for a night, then best take that to the bar.

  9. People go to the grocery store just to shop, doesn't mean you can not meet someone there. Hell, I know a lot of people that met and started dating at church. Now if that's not sacred then I don't know what it.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  10. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    People go to the grocery store just to shop, doesn't mean you can not meet someone there. Hell, I know a lot of people that met and started dating at church. Now if that's not sacred then I don't know what it.
    yah that's the point I was trying to make as well, if you meet the right person, it doesn't matter where it is. Can't let opportunities like that go to waste.
    •   
       


  11. I met my wife in the gym. Well she worked there and made my protein shakes.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  12. Yeah the only downside to dating someone from the same gym....if it doesn't work out then you still have to see them on the regular. Same reason why I would not date anyone from work.

  13. Imo work is far diff then the gym. Changin jobs is far harder the changing gyms. But i see where you are coming from.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  14. Wow... all very excellent points! There are definitely pros & cons on both sides, I like DW's opinion of not necessarily going with the intention, but never closing the door to the opportunity to meet that "Perfect Someone!"
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  15. Is the gym a funeral or a family gathering? No? Then finding a date there could work. Unless you consider dropping plates as "play time with the kiddies" or "mourning the loss of your soul patch", then I would consider you look into meeting girls at the psych evaluation.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  16. TRIVIA today at 1:00pm eastern standard time!!!

    REDEFINE NUTRITON Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Trivia...
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I met my wife in the gym. Well she worked there and made my protein shakes.
    See that's what I am talking about....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Yeah the only downside to dating someone from the same gym....if it doesn't work out then you still have to see them on the regular. Same reason why I would not date anyone from work.
    yah that would be a bit uncomfortable but I wouldn't change gyms because of it...

  18. If you wanna strike up a conversation with someone, do it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. There's no right place to meet someone.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    If you wanna strike up a conversation with someone, do it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. There's no right place to meet someone.
    I totally agree with your above statement, I mean there is no right or wrong place to meet anyone, when it is right it is right.

    What I am talking about are people who go to gyms or specifically target men or women in the gym because it is a good place to find fit bodies, get my drift?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  20. I think the best thing to do is keep it casual and friendly, which is why I like to walk up to women at the gym and say..."hey... I noticed you over there breaking a sweat. How about you trying breaking me now?" Wink and then walk away.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I totally agree with your above statement, I mean there is no right or wrong place to meet anyone, when it is right it is right.

    What I am talking about are people who go to gyms or specifically target men or women in the gym because it is a good place to find fit bodies, get my drift?
    Yah guys who do that (target women) probably scare more women away than anything. They're probably the ones that got the women only gym thing happening, which I am ok with by the way. I don't want women who don't want to workout around men at my gym cuz they tend to be a pain in the azz about complaining. Women have actually ruined a lot of the good things about the old school style gyms. If they don't have a men will be men attitude they will complain and they have the ear of the private gym owner, cuz it's them coming to pay memberships and not showing up that they make most of there money on.

  22. It depends on the gym. Oldschool dungeon gym....probably not. Newer, franchise type gym.....better possibility.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I think the best thing to do is keep it casual and friendly, which is why I like to walk up to women at the gym and say..."hey... I noticed you over there breaking a sweat. How about you trying breaking me now?" Wink and then walk away.
    I'll tell you a flirtatious maneuver I like to use... whenever I see an attractive woman doing any kind of chest exercise, I'll totally cheer them on like I would a guy... "Come on.. Big chest, you can do, one more rep, come on, feel the burn!!!" They usually just crack-up laughing and, LoL, so do I, but it is a great way to break the ice with a Hottie if she is working out Chest!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Yeah the only downside to dating someone from the same gym....if it doesn't work out then you still have to see them on the regular. Same reason why I would not date anyone from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Not if your workout looks like the guy's in the pic...
    Im gona go all negative on this one because I think the risks and cons heavily out weigh the possitive's. I mean unless youre sure that everytime this girl is in the gym at the same time as you, she will come over briefly say hi, give you a kiss ( and maybe motivating a smack on the bum ) and then go off to the womens area and stay the f*ck there, I wouldnt risk having a bad day or week... etc

    Im sure the tired, worn out fatiged, tomato red faced look is not very attractive to a new girlfriend. At some point they are bound to be doing a little circuit on the machines... just over there you know... on the another edge of the gym in plain sight of where you happen to be working, she's gona watch you, especially when youre not wanting to be watched. Trust me, a girl will wait for you to finnish your last set on the leg press, last rep and out of breath recovery with your gym bud who loves to take the piss when youre all mashed and ask you complicated questions and laugh at you - just when you think a little respect would be due to let you off - SHE WILL BE WATCHING.

    Besides every gym Ive been in, all the girls really worth having are already hooked up. The girls that look good and confident look that way because they dont give a sh*t that you exist, they may check to see if you are watching them, but in reality they dont need you, they already have their night in shining armour somewhere else.

    And answer this question:

    How many guy's have you seen training in the gym, who's girlfriends are there aswell, and are just 100% relaxed, focused and happy about it?
    I was raised on meat&potatoes, played in the dirt, got smacked when I missbehaved, School started in assembly(Drill), adressed teachers as Sir/Mr & Maam/Mrs/Miss, didnt knw wtf a Happy Meal was or reliable public transport-and I truned out just fine

  25. Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrinks View Post
    How many guy's have you seen training in the gym, who's girlfriends are there aswell, and are just 100% relaxed, focused and happy about it?
    My wife is my training partner. Even before we married, lifting together rocked, and it's when she's not there that I am not as relaxed or happy in the gym. Sounds to me like you to need to associate with more supportive women.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    My wife is my training partner. Even before we married, lifting together rocked, and it's when she's not there that I am not as relaxed or happy in the gym. Sounds to me like you to need to associate with more supportive women.
    Yah the people I train, some women are all very positive people...have no time for people who don't have a positive outlook.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrinks View Post
    Im gona go all negative on this one because I think the risks and cons heavily out weigh the possitive's. I mean unless youre sure that everytime this girl is in the gym at the same time as you, she will come over briefly say hi, give you a kiss ( and maybe motivating a smack on the bum ) and then go off to the womens area and stay the f*ck there, I wouldnt risk having a bad day or week... etc

    Im sure the tired, worn out fatiged, tomato red faced look is not very attractive to a new girlfriend. At some point they are bound to be doing a little circuit on the machines... just over there you know... on the another edge of the gym in plain sight of where you happen to be working, she's gona watch you, especially when youre not wanting to be watched. Trust me, a girl will wait for you to finnish your last set on the leg press, last rep and out of breath recovery with your gym bud who loves to take the piss when youre all mashed and ask you complicated questions and laugh at you - just when you think a little respect would be due to let you off - SHE WILL BE WATCHING.

    Besides every gym Ive been in, all the girls really worth having are already hooked up. The girls that look good and confident look that way because they dont give a sh*t that you exist, they may check to see if you are watching them, but in reality they dont need you, they already have their night in shining armour somewhere else.

    And answer this question:

    How many guy's have you seen training in the gym, who's girlfriends are there aswell, and are just 100% relaxed, focused and happy about it?

    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  28. I like Crossfit gals so I've gotta say yes... Any girl who is passionate about fitness or being active, and is ripped or getting there, is ok in my books. Lots of elite trainers I've met in the Crossfit world, who know a heck of a lot more about the human body than most people, and seem to be more intelligent than the average person too... not to mention they all squat multiple times per week and have thick arses to show for it. Love it. A regular gym though? Too many variables I think.. I like the hardcore chiquitas, suits the lifestyle.. Most recreational gym users are just that, recreational (and likely smoke, have many other unhealthy habits). I'm picky I guess. I need a passionate dedicated woman

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I like Crossfit gals so I've gotta say yes... Any girl who is passionate about fitness or being active, and is ripped or getting there, is ok in my books. Lots of elite trainers I've met in the Crossfit world, who know a heck of a lot more about the human body than most people, and seem to be more intelligent than the average person too... not to mention they all squat multiple times per week and have thick arses to show for it. Love it. A regular gym though? Too many variables I think.. I like the hardcore chiquitas, suits the lifestyle.. Most recreational gym users are just that, recreational (and likely smoke, have many other unhealthy habits). I'm picky I guess. I need a passionate dedicated woman
    Love the thick booty

  30. I met my future wife where I work (a hospital). Granted we work in two completely separate areas, but you get the idea. Its possible anywhere.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best place to find gear????
    By Revolution in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 06:20 AM
  3. Best place to find cheap m4ohn and 1,4add?
    By TheManGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Log in
Log in