Flawless Pancakes!!!

• Thread starter TheUnlikelyToad
  • Start date
TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established

Does that make you hungry baby? ... Tell me, does it?
No worries, I'm sure you'll lose your appetite once I start posting pics.

Here's tha deal... I had an open repair performed on an Inguinal Hernia December 14th. Matt and Christine were kind enough to send me some Flawless in exchange for a log/review as there has not been much real-time feedback. I will be applying Flawless to my newly acquired scar 2x daily. A picture will be taken approximately every 10-12 days to monitor my individual progress.

Here are the first set of pics...

First once was taken on Christmas Eve, 10 days post surgery. Tha glossyness/flakyness you see is tha Dermabond my Doc used as a dressing which was slowly peeling off. I was stitched from the inside and glued on tha outside. I was told once tha majorty started to come off, I could help the rest along. In hindsight it was probably a bad idea as along with it also came small bits of scab unfortunately.

I left well enough alone until it was completely removed on it's own. This was at approximately 2.5 weeks. Last Saturday I lightly shaved as there was no signs of Dermabond or scabbing left so we could get a better picture of what lies ahead... picture was taken 1/5/08.

Attachments

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scale this scar for me. How big is it? Where is it? Is it vertical or horizontal?

I have a 2" vertical scar* starting at the top of my navel from my umbilical/epigastric hernia repair.

[*no Flawless was provided]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be interesting following your progress toad and thanks for logging this for us. :thumbsup: I'm kind of surprised they closed it with dermabond though. Personally i hate dermabond for wound closures, but it has its place with some minor lacerations and such. Having a good stitch job approximates the wound edges much better in general so it leaves less scaring, however your scar doesn't look bad at all and i'm impressed with the dermabond job.

Good luck with this bud and can't wait to see the results!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Scale this scar for me. How big is it? Where is it? Is it vertical or horizontal?
It is about as long as a width of a checkbook... following diagonally alongside my right groin crease... with approximately 1/2 inch space inbetween at top to 1 inch at bottom.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MMMM pancakes, you tease!

Glad to see you are feeling better, and of course thank you for the log and the sexy pics. I'll be following along to see more of them!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New picture this weekend. :)
Oooohh....wear the French Maid outfit this time!!!

/don't worry...flawless will get rid of paddlemarks as well...bad kitty!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what about welts from whips and scars from handcuffs that are on too tight?
Absolutely...

It also slices, dices, cuts, shops, does laundry, shovels snow from your walk, and keeps you warm and snuggly on those long winter nights.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely...

It also slices, dices, cuts, shops, does laundry, shovels snow from your walk, and keeps you warm and snuggly on those long winter nights.
I'll take two please.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Some of tha more direct deep redness and surrounding areas appear to be fading away.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Well...its looking better! How do you feel?
I've been pain-free for quite a while now, all in all I'd say I'm roughly 95% back to pre-op status.

How long did the doctors recommend you stay away from lifting?
He said as a general guideline no more than 25% of typical weight used to start when I was seen about 4 1/2 weeks out. From there I'm suppose to ease into things with 8 weeks suggested as a "safe bet" to go 75% and beyond with up to a year for full recovery... Friday will be 6 weeks out.

My plan is come next Monday to actually start back getting into tha groove. Nothing major, but hopefully enough to recomp a bit before tha Arnold and prime my body for tha onslaught upon return.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Progress looks great so far toad!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hard to tell from the abtract, modern-art photo...but looking closely it appears that the scar is raising up and almost flush with the surrounding tissue?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It definately looks as if the central aspect of the scar has lightened up and begun to blend with the surrounding normal tissue.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Hard to tell from the abtract, modern-art photo...but looking closely it appears that the scar is raising up and almost flush with the surrounding tissue?
Little by little yes, remember this has been only about a month. All in all I'm pleased...

I just wish I took a closer pic of that second picture. Progress would probably be easier to spot.

EDIT: Ok, I swapped Pic 2 for a better one IMO. I guess from here on out I'll crop each picture to those specifications but keep everything else intact.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are making good progress. I started Flawless a couple of weeks ago and am also having good results.

How much are you typically applying? Rubbing it into the scar or more dabbing it on?

I have also noticed a "filling in" effect. Are you using this with the java soap or solely the Flawless?

Little by little yes, remember this has been only about a month. All in all I'm pleased...

I just wish I took a closer pic of that second picture. Progress would probably be easier to spot.

EDIT: Ok, I swapped Pic 2 for a better one IMO. I guess from here on out I'll crop each picture to those specifications but keep everything else intact.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are making good progress. I started Flawless a couple of weeks ago and am also having good results.

How much are you typically applying? Rubbing it into the scar or more dabbing it on?

I have also noticed a "filling in" effect. Are you using this with the java soap or solely the Flawless?
I was using liquid java lather but ran out tha week of surgery. So it's been flawless only. I'll be placing an order within tha next week more than likely and would like to pick some more up.

When applying, I start by vigorously massaging tha scar and then I dab on an extra small layer and allow to dry for 15 mins before putting on my boxers.

... I may start to tan a little soon to get some color for tha Arnold. This more than likely will skew results a bit, so unless Dsade opposes, I'll be moving forward.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
... I may start to tan a little soon to get some color for tha Arnold. This more than likely will skew results a bit, so unless Dsade opposes, I'll be moving forward.
I don't think tanning will affect the results any...better that than you blinding everyone with the sheer whiteness of your being.

/stay away from the light, Carol Ann!!

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
LOL. I thought you were just being funny and random with the pancakes. Now that I'm using this, and liking it, I totally understand. Everybody keeps telling me I smell like syrup! Not the most flattering but, if it works it will be well worth it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow...that IS pretty amazing...even better than I expected.